Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
I might not feel pain, but I can still bleed.
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 2:18:31 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The morning had been chaos. The Kingsley confections were selling like hotcakes.

With his sister tired of them bumping into each other in the booth, Biscotti had been banished to enjoy the carnival. Her only request was that he kept his company shirt on. Which he did. It wasn’t like he’d brought anything to change in to anyway. “Take Bubbe with you! Be careful!” With a dismissive wave, he tossed his apron on a hook.

With a grin, he walked out the back of the stand to explore the fair properly. After making a meandering circle of the midway, he started on his goal to knock out all the rides. Which was something pretty new to him. His suffocating parents had a hard time letting him on the penny rides at the superstore. When his siblings were flying high on tilt-a-whirls and rollercoasters, Biscotti often sat down to hold everyone’s stuff. Just in case he decided to touch something he wasn’t supposed to.

A quick flash of the wristband, and he took a seat in one of the bumper cars. His red Converse pushed down on the gas pedal as he stared out at the sea of other riders. The second it turned green, he shot across the little area toward a target.

Notes

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #D7262B; background-color: #232323; padding: 1px;font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 2:05:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
As much as Shalin loved putting on her show, as well as the high-octane rides like the Rayquaza Rollercoaster and the Drop Tower, there was one relatively safe attraction she loved, and that was the bumper cars. She loved whipping the wheel back and forth, letting her momentum fling her from side to side. She loved the power behind the cars' head-on collisions, feeling like a wild Pokémon was trying to buck her off.

As she chaotically performed donuts in a corner of the stage, Shalin's eyes caught a young blonde shooting toward him. Flicking the wheel in the opposite direction, she whooped as her body was thrown toward the car's locked door. Stomping on the gas pedal, she flew toward at a low angle. While it wasn't a head-on collision, it would still potentially rock both of them quite a bit. Lathiel observed from the back, the Type: Null silent.

DJBrlLaL Lathiel obedience roll

STAMP: Ride in the Bumper Cars.

{WC: 153}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good 
Flit            Yanmega           Good
Queen Zing      Beedrill**        Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Bass Boost      Seismitoad        Good
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 2:32:51 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]He’d never learned how to drive. By the time his mother got to him, she didn’t have the nerves to go through it again. So, there was something even more thrilling about the feel of a steering wheel beneath his hands. Sitting in the seat behind him, shadowy arms extending around the sides of the bumper car, his Runerigus watched with glowing eyes.

As he stomped on the accelerator, he made a beeline for the target. But, suddenly, things were flipped upside down (figuratively). A young woman crashed into his side. Biscotti was jerked to the opposite side of the car. A concerned gurgle from the Runerigus was ignored as the brunette turned to face Shalin with a grin.

His next burst forward as his eyes locked with the thing in the back of the car. Whoa!” Two other bumper cars ran into him. The sound of the upper track faded. What is that?” The next collision sandwiched him between Shaylin and a screaming toddler behind him.

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #D7262B; background-color: #232323; padding: 1px;font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 3:31:44 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The low-angle collision felt like a Pokémon bucking and kicking, desperately trying to fling Shalin off, and she loved it. Just as she was about to answer, another driver rear-ended her, flinging her in another direction. She was trapped until those surrounding her drove off. Even Lathiel looked like she was enjoying herself, though she was encroaching on Shalin a bit due to her size. How long that would last, though, was anyone's guess; the fickle Type: Null could lash out at any moment.

It took some time for Shalin to respond, not wanting to announce the chimeric Pokémon's presence to everyone on the platform. "Lathiel is a Type: Null," she introduced the moody Normal-type as she turned the wheel to one side, noticing the traffic jam starting to disperse. "I don't know a lot about her. Haven't seen too many trainers with them." Just as she threw her car into reverse and saw an opening to escape, another driver rear-ended her, flinging her forward. "Whew!" she cried. "These have a lot of kick to them! Guess we might be stuck here for a bit."

nCVkXkiu Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 187}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 23:36:32 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The brunette was jerked around by the pile-up. The ghost in the back of his cart stared eerily at those who neared. A crying child's cart was lifted out of the fray to be dropped safely out of the way. It then took off to drive in silly circles.

Biscotti didn't notice the backseat charity. He was too busy trying to decipher the amalgamation of limbs in Shalin's backseat. "A...what? That sounds like a video game villain or something." The younger man shook his head. "I've never seen one. Looks cool as heck, though." His eyes drifted down to her claws with a shudder. Those things could turn him to mincemeat.

A foot shifted to the reverse pedal on the cart. But all he ended up doing was whirring the little engine. The child behind him pounced like a cat, pressing him right back to where he started.. "Yeah, I guess so. Kind of feels like a real pile-up."

Just with a bunch of toddlers in the driver's seat.

[attr="class","bisc"]

[newclass=.bisc b] color: #DF4F52; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.bisc i] color: #D7262B; background-color: #232323; padding: 1px;font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:01:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
An amalgamation of limbs, and other body parts, was certainly a phrase that described the normal-type. Once only a weapon against Ultra Beasts, the Type: Null was slowly warming up to Shalin's heart. Emphasis on slowly; she still didn't behave fully in public, and she still refused to be fitted, even after nearly four months. She was truly as fickle as a legendary Pokémon.

"A Type: Null," Shalin repeated, a bit more softly. "You're not far off, either; it's a long story of how I got her. When they call time, I can tell you more in a less... public area." She didn't look proud of how she acquired the strange Pokémon. "Right. Name's Shalin, wildest Pokémon rider in Hoenn! And this is Lathiel," she spontaneously introduced her exotic companion, who looked like she wanted to knock Biscotti into next week.

It wouldn't take too much longer before the traffic jam cleared up. "Alright, let's go! See you on the other side!" She backed up abruptly, slamming the wheel from one side to the other to fling herself from side to side in the car. Though head-on collisions were prohibited by safety regulations, Shailn looked like she wanted to rock Biscotti as hard as she could within the attraction's rules. She wheeled her ride around, heading for Biscotti again at the closest to a head-on angle she could without raising suspicion.

yKEBPKX_ Lathiel obedience roll

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:25:05 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Biscotti felt his lips dip at the creature's name. "Isn't that kind of...mean?" That was like calling something a big, fat nothing burger. It wasn't exactly a compliment. At her expanded explanation, the brunette blinked. "You're making me curious. She doesn't seem so bad." Sure, she was cobbled together from Arceus knows-what, but Biscotti was a mess too. There were enough small plates in his body for a buffet. But, then, he saw the woman's chipper face fall.

Looks like you hit a sore spot. As the area around them filled with laughter, Scotti's expression sombered. "If you want to talk about it, we can take a ride on the Ferris wheel? Place's pretty safe." And, there was plenty of room for both them and the Pokemon. The weird critter didn't have any wings either, so it'd probably be too busy staring to eat him. "I'm--" He debated on introducing himself as his nickname. "--Biscotti. The, uh, baker boy." He grinned cheekily. Awkwardness lined every syllable.

Pretty girls always tied him up in knots. Unless they were his sisters. Then, they just clocked him over the head.

"You got it!" With a grin, Biscotti shot off toward the other side of the arena. Then, at some point, he got the same idea as Shalin. He whipped the wheel around and aimed for her cart's broadside. Behind him, his Runerigus rose. "Guuuussss...."She grabbed the wheel and tried to shove his foot off the pedal. The meaning of the overprotective nurse's message was clear: 'Slow down.'

The timer dropped from minutes to seconds.

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:27:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"What can I say? That's what the species is called," Shalin answered. If only Biscotti knew the origins of the species, how it was created, and how fickle they typically were. That likely would have made him change his mind really fast. "Sure, I can tell you there," she agreed, nodding as she took in the baker's name. "Doesn't mean I'm going easy on you, Biscotti! Hold on tight!"

The two flung their broadsides into one another, bucking and hurling them about the insides of their cars. To Shalin, it felt like being strapped to a Tauros throwing its weight straight vertically, desperately trying to fling her off, and she loved it. As she whipped the wheel about for a follow-up swerve, the buzzer went off, and the cars took their positions on the sides, letting their riders step out. "Whew-ee! That was fun!" Shalin chirped, still a little shaken from how fierce the last crash was. "Let's head on over to the Ferris wheel, then. I'll tell you all about Lathiel," she promised in a more serious tone, the Type: Null content to walk alongside them.

AzHqlUL2 Lathiel obedience roll

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:31:44 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]At the talk of species names, Biscotti's nose wrinkled. "The guy who picked it was kind of a dick, huh?" He'd probably just call it TN or something. Biscotti grinned. "Pretty sure it's like the place for spy meetups." That and underground crime dens.

He tried his best evil laugh. It was not very good. "The feeling is mutual, hero!" He grunted as his cart bucked beneath him. The Runerigus in the back seat hissed irritably at the green-haired woman. Its purple eyes narrowed to angry slits.

Just about to repeat their earlier collision, Biscotti's cart petered out as the clock struck time. He bumped and nudged his way into the original spot.

The brunette waited for Shalin at the exit, holding the door open for the two of them. Oddly enough, the ghost had vanished. Had his eyes been that color before?

Hunched a bit, he followed the Pokémon rider to the Ferris wheel. "You guys been at the fair long?"

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:33:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Little did Biscotti know the dark history of the Normal-type: a failed attempt to clone the Creator-God Arceus. While Silvally was still an incredibly powerful and flexible Pokémon with a full set of Memories, it could not hold a candle to arguably the mightiest Pokémon in the cosmos.

"For a while, actually!" she replied. "While I only run it two days a week, I have my own show on the other side of the carnival. If you know what a Sygna Suit is, I show off what mine can do, and it's wowed almost everyone I've seen so far!" She wanted to tell Biscotti about it, too, but didn't want to spoil it, either. "I don't know if you made it or not; it's hard to see everyone in the audience."

Once it was their turn to board, Shalin took one side of the car, leaving room for Biscotti on the same side of he desired. Lathiel stretched out on the other side. "Not to scare you or anything... but Lathiel's creation is something I'm not proud of. You see, Type: Null are man-made Pokémon."

{WC: 188}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:35:41 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The brunette listened to her speak with a nod. "Ah! Cool!" The now purple eye winked. "I'm here for work too." He pointed at his t-shirt. There was still flour staining its front. Something that refused to disipate no matter how much he shook the thing. "My sister said it was way too crowded in there and tossed me out." He shook his head. Cannoli wasn't fooling anyone. She was as soft in the middle as the name implied. "But I think she just wanted me to have some fun."

And, hey, it wasn't like he was going to protest. If she wanted to work herself to the bone, that was totally her right.

At the talk of Sygna Suits he nodded. "That sounds pretty cool! I'll have to watch it some time. I saw a few of them in ye olde Galar." At the question, the teen shook his head. "I haven't really watched many of the shows. It's usually pretty late when we get out of here." He had stopped to watch tug-of-war a few times though. Carnival food, especially sweets, was like the reason half the people came to places like this.

"One sec!" A man at a booth waved at him. 

Behind him was a giant barrel full of shrunken Pokeballs. They were in every color and type imaginable. "I'm pretty good at this stuff!" With a quick scribble, he estimated there were roughly 700 of the things stuffed in there. Though a bit lower than he thought, the contest banned you from going over. 'Scotti, that's an unlucky number." A ghostly, grandmotherly voice echoed in his head. 'Bump it up 33.' Muttering to the ghoul in his head, he scratched out his original guess and did as asked.

The door of the Ferris Wheel's car clanged shut. "Man made?" He blinked. That didn't sound too bad. Pretty of things were manmade. Glasses, cars, rigged Magikarp fishing games. Not sure about what made her uncomfortable, he queried, "Like Porygon?"

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 0:54:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"I can tell you when my next show is if you want," Shalin replied. Though it did provide monetary benefits relative to the size of her audience, she was just excited to bring her physics-defying show to as many people as she could. "Oh, if you were in Galar, you might have seen what I did."

So it was timing that was a concern. That was a fair point; her shows ran from early to mid-afternoon, and she had to limit what she did. Even with her suit on, the vibration was so fast and powerful that it pushed its powers to their limit at full speed. She was briefly distracted by Biscotti's entry into the raffle. "Math's not my strong point," she said, getting a peek into the container filled with the golf ball-sized spheres.

Once the three were in their positions, the wheel started and stopped to let the other riders aboard before going into its full motion. "...Worse. You see, Lathiel, like all Type: Null, are created by harvesting the stem cells of a Pokémon of every type. The procedure to extract them is invasive, and can permanently change the lives of the Pokémon harvested for the worse. Even... even kill them," she paused, a tear running down her cheek for Pharika, the Dragalge that gave her life in the process. Even getting another Dragalge would be no replacement for the poison-type named after a foreign god of venom.

{WC: 244}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 2:03:55 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]The brunette nodded. "I can see if I can swing it." She seemed like an all right girl, and it wouldn't hurt to watch one of the shows. As long as it wasn't too long, Canolli wouldn't mind. At the talk of Galar, his cheeks flushed. "Even if I did, I probably would be amazed all over again. That stuff's kind of fuzzy." Ghostly memories of something that never happened.

"Mine either." It wasn't that he was bad at it. The brunette never brought home anything less than a B. "I usually just guess." Though he usually tried a scientific approach at first. Typically, this meant counting objects on one side and multiplying by the number of sides with an estimate for the middle. "And, whatever you pick just go higher."

As she explained, he felt his heart twist. That tear made him want to squeeze her hand or something.

The brunette winced. "Dude, that's terrible." He swallowed. "What kind of monster would do something like that?" That was some regular mad scientist stuff.

"Can you imagine knowing that's how you were made?" It was way worse than knowing your parents got it on. He turned to Lathiel. "Sorry."

[attr="class","bisc"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,458 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 4:07:48 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin smiled when Biscotti seemed at least interested in showing up. "Trust me, it'll be worth your time. It's something you won't get to see anywhere else... at least in a controlled environment like that." Perhaps if they met again in the wilds, he would get to see what Shalin meant. Though there were a few people who ridiculed her for it (looking at you, ), most seemed thoroughly impressed. After all, the suit let her seemingly defy the laws of physics with the synced Flygon, and a few other Pokémon in the Flygon's presence.

Her face turned somber as another tear rolled down the female's cheek. "...War is hell, you know? When I fought in Littleroot, I felt helpless. It's easy to feel that way in the presence of angered gods. Lathiel here is the first Pokémon I've tried to bond with that can go toe to toe with them. And I can assure you, the pain of having to sentence two of your own Pokémon to death, plus permanently alter the lives of sixteen more of them..." She started to truly well up, her tears splashing off the car's floor as it descended. "IT WASN'T WORTH IT!" she raised her voice, arousing the Type: Null.

Shalin took a few deep breaths before composing herself as the ride came to a start-and-stop, the cars emptying out one by one. "Sorry for the outburst. It's just... don't get me wrong. Once we understand each other, I'll be able to truly make a difference out there. I don't get why they keep conscripting me. I'm just an explorer, not a fighter. It hurts so much that I have to fight. It's just been... almost four months now and she still doesn't trust me."

gmoNNgIu Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 295}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Scotti
He/Him
January 23
Wyndon
Bisexual
Cake Decorator
Cadet
awards
276 posts
part of
TAG WITH @biscotti
Biscotti Kingsley
Bump and Run [FF][O]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 17:17:51 GMT
Biscotti Kingsley Avatar

[attr="class","blbqimg"]
[attr="class","bisc"]Biscotti nodded. It sounded pretty cool. He always admired people who had the courage to do stuff like that. The scariest thing he did with his Pokemon was walking through the woods (or dark alleyways). "It sounds pretty cool." He pondered the few Sygna suits he'd seen in the dream world. "I feel like those things would cause super wedgies though." And, if he had some fabric stuck up there, he'd have a hard time thinking about anything else.

"Yeah." Biscotti answered simply. For a moment, every second of his twenty years in the alternate realm shows. The number of times he'd been forced to wipe blood from his spear. The cold stiffness of his wife's hand as it reached sightlessly for a sky she could no longer see. "But if you do something like that, you already lost." A big part of his job had been trying to get people to smile in that hellhole. "I don't remember us needing legendaries to take down Eternatus." Sure, Necrozma had helped, but they'd struck the blows.

Her tears would normally have made him panic, but it didn't happen this time. The thought of sacrificing any of his buddies for some new shiny thing was disgusting. He wasn't some medieval peasant making sacrifices to dark gods. Those were his friends, not pawns on the chessboard. That sounded like something a psychopath would think. That was some cultish ideology. Still, he did offer her a few crumpled napkins from his pocket. He hadn't needed them for the cotton candy.

"You don't have to fight." He shook his head. "There are other ways to make a difference." He'd seen what a cookie or simple game of tag could do for a frightened child.

Honey eyes drifted to the Type:Null. Knowing his words would hurt, he offered up a tight-lipped smile. "Think about what you did to get her." Just tossing Pokemon into a grinder like they were gachapon tokens. "What it tells her about how you treat Pokemon." Gods, he felt bad for her. When he was in that war, there were times he felt like lashing out. Going full-on feral. "I wouldn't trust you either."

[attr="class","bisc"]