lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 16:04:48 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]Cleaning up the shallows that stretched along the coast up Route 115 outside of Rustboro seemed like a good enough way to spend an afternoon. It would probably be simple enough to use a trash picker or something, but Lam had long grown to prefer using the diving skills of his cramorants.[break][break]

Orange Crush and Pepsi Blue were peas in a pod. Where one went, so did the other. Walking along the shore, they waddled alongside him, waiting for the signal to go hunting for anything that shouldn't have been in the water. And maybe some stray goldeen while they were at it.[break][break]

Lam's attention is on the distance, however. Scanning for the arrival of .[break][break]

"Hey! Over here!" he cups his hands to his mouth as he flags the gym leader's attention. To one side, Orange Crush notices the appearance of more company and sends up her own greeting - wings outstretched as the cramorant honks and charges for Cian, feet plap-plapping noisily on the path.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- m: cramorant diving[break]
-

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 16:20:00 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]coming from the fair in rustboro, hot off a losing streak at the carnival games, he jogs toward the beach, having to rush to their designated meeting spot or risk running late. cian, of all people, being late? unthinkable.

"lam, lam, lam!"

he greets in quick succession only to slow down at the approaching cramorant. he plops down to a knee to greet it.

"sir cramorant! hello."
[attr="class","ciantag"]
[attr="class","cianpoke"]
[newclass=.cian] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.cianmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.ciantag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.cian b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.cian a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cianpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2023 17:32:42 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]Both hands lift to wave back at Cian. With Orange Crush barreling forward to greet the gym leader, he gives the other cramorant the go ahead to dive. Pepsi Blue wastes no time - rocketing into the surf before his head pops up above the surface again with a shake of his head.[break][break]
"Ayyyyoo! How goes? The festival any good?"[break][break]
Orange Crush, pleased by the greeting she receives, plaps her feet a few times and then releases a long, loud HOOOONNNKK at Cian.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

-

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 10:19:23 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]"festival's alright except for the fact that i can't seem to win a plushie to save my life. i swear the tauros-rodeo game is a scam."

cian returns the HOOOONNNKK with his own; one equally as loud if not more. it's at the very least as energetic.

when his greeting is over, he stands back up and approaches his friend.

"how goes it? how are you?"
[attr="class","ciantag"]
[newclass=.cian] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.cianmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.ciantag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.cian b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cian u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.cian a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.cianpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 16:44:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]His nose wrinkles, “Laaaammmeee. Maybe you should do magikarp fishing instead.”[break][break]
Greeting achieved, and not wanting to be left out, the orange cramorant waddles away at a surprisingly quick pace to join the other one in the water.[break][break]
“Not bad! Just thought I’d let these two out for some fishing.” He pauses, brows furrowing in belated realization. “Though maybe in hindsight I should’ve brought them to the beach for clamperl diving instead. Or, y’know, the magikarp fishing.”[break][break]
Of course, he sort of has a reason for wanting to hang with Cian that day, but he doesn’t exactly want to lead with work questions.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

-

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 16:15:34 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]"oh man i think they'd kill it at magikarp fishing."

they'd do much better than he would, anyway. fishing is a sport that has always alluded him. he's never found enjoyment in it nor the thrill that others seem to.

with the birds gone, the two are allowed a moment to converse.

"so what's up? i feel like i haven't been able to hang out with you much lately. anything new going on in the lam-life?"
[attr="class","ciantag"]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 22:55:52 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] “For sure. They’re always clambering to get the best prize first.” Lam isn’t exactly a fisherman, but it’s a useful skill to cultivate in the cramorants, at least.[break][breaK]
“I know, right? We should be more on top of that,” he laughs, shrugging. “The lam-life is chill as ever, though. What about you?” There hasn’t been much in his world to really disrupt it lately (a good thing) apart from his thoughts.[break][break]
And slight ambitions, maybe?[break][break]
“Actually, I had a question for ya.” He grins, looking over at Cian. “Do you like being a gym leader? Like, is it worth it, to you?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

-

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2023 7:00:51 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]before cian could respond with the classic 'nothing much' because in reality his life is rather dull—he isn't constantly having to defend himself from team rocket—a question arises.

"i feel like this is leading up to something..."

he chuckles.

"it isn't the easiest job in the world. i'll admit there are days where i doubt myself a lot, whether i'm the right person for the job, you know? but i'd say it's worth it in the end. definitely."
[attr="class","ciantag"]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 0:02:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] He feels a little bad about not really giving his buddy much time to reply, but maybe that’s just the nerves taking over. There’s a lot of uncertainty that goes into his notions. Despite the encouragement of both his partner and friends, alike.[break][break]
But he tries not to be too anxious about it. More his normal, laidback self.[break][break]
“Hah, maybe. Dunno if it’ll amount to much yet.” Lam shrugs, looking over at Cian with a slight grin.[break][break]
“That’s a good answer, though. Makes me feel a bit more confident in considering things.” Oh, but he’s getting sort of ahead of himself, isn’t he? “Ah, right—I was thinking about trying to take over the vacant seat at Lilycove.”[break][break]
“Like you said, though, a lot of that doubting the fit of it, or whatever.” He flaps a hand dismissively, though it’s still a very prevalent worry.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

-

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 13:23:09 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]he snaps his fingers and grins.

"ha! i fucking knew there was something."

though the news should suck more considering how he will have to find a replacement, he can't help but feel happy for his friend. despite lam's short tenure, they've grown quite close.

"i think you'd be a good fit. as long as you know that's what you want to do, then i'm sure you'll do great."
[attr="class","ciantag"]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 15:21:47 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] “Yeah, yeah. You saw right through me.”[break][break]
There is a degree of guilt felt for leaving Cian in the lurch a little bit after taking on the position at Rustboro so recently. But it also seems like the sort of moment he should jump on before it passes him by.[break][break]
So that’s why he’s there, seeking out Cian’s opinion. Not just as a gym leader, but also as a close friend. “Yeah, I mean—it feels like it makes sense? If that makes sense.”[break][break]
He laughs with a shake of his head. “I like the educational aspect, I think. It feels nice to be contributing.” It feels safe, in a way. Though he doesn’t voice that part aloud.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

-

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 8:38:04 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]"you'd be educating the next generation of trainers, essentially, and helping guide them on the right path."

it's not as simple as it used to be anymore. now, their responsibility extends to making sure their trainers leave with enough information and knowledge to build upon. the goal now is for them to survive, should another war break loose.

"but yeah man, i'd say go for it! i hear lilycove's nice as well. you'd love it, i'm sure."
[attr="class","ciantag"]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 23:29:05 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] Even though he only just took up professional circuit battling in the last year or so, even Lam knows it’s a far cry from how it was when he was younger. “It’s an important job, for sure. But it feels like it makes sense. It feels more fulfilling than what I was doing before, at least.”[break][break]
“Do you think it’ll ever go back to how it was before?” It’s more of a musing question than anything earnestly meant. Has their world changed too much for any sort of return to that simplicity?[break][break]
“Yeah, I’ve been a few times—it reminds me of Hau’oli, which is nice.” He misses his hometown more than he cares to admit some days. The nostalgia of it. Traveling the islands with his dad for his work.[break][break]
“Is that how you feel about Rustboro?” he asks, curious eyes watching Cian for a moment before his attention diverts to one of his cramorants that pops up with an empty can in its thin beak. Pepsi Blue spits it onto the shore to be picked up later. “Like it’s home?”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

-

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 10:39:33 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]
[attr="class","cianmain"]"back to something more simple, you mean? man, i sure hope so."

but he doesn't think it's possible. not while there are so many threats that loom on the horizon, waiting for their chance to strike at them.

"rustboro has always been home. i don't think i would enjoy my job as much as i do now if i was based elsewhere."

he gives the cramorant a thumbs up.

"maybe you should visit hau'oli before you start your new job."
[attr="class","ciantag"]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
take the dive [m]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 15:39:07 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] “Yeah,” he admits with a breath of laughter, “not so high stakes, y’know?”[break][break]
That’s how it’s meant to be, he thinks. Especially with all of the kids who pass through those gym stadium doors. It feels too soon to thrust that youth into danger.[break][break]
To say that they have to be prepared, because it’s better than being unprepared.[break][break]
But that isn’t really possible without threat eliminated entirely, is it?[break][break]
“That sounds nice. To just know like that, without much room for doubt. What do you think you’d be doing now, if not this?”[break][break]
The other cramorant pops up with a squawk. She spits out an angry goldeen.[break][break]
“Why’s that?” he asks, glancing over at Cian curiously. It would be nice though, for sure.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

-

[googlefont=Poppins]