< all washed out > [m]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< all washed out > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 21:14:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
First they expected him to spend time with another associate in hopes of team building, and now they told him they had to go to Lavaridge Town for it? Maybe if he was lucky, he'd fall into a lava pit on the way there. Besides, it's not like Ariadne could help him if she couldn't see him. Despite how much he bitched and moaned about the whole thing, he still managed to take his partner's hand to help her traverse the rocky path that lead to Lavaridge. Despite how thoughtful the gesture was, he still couldn't help but make a quip in her direction.

"Kinda dumb that they told us to go see some fireworks," he addressed the elephant in the room. "They might as well have asked us to describe the taste of air."

His head pounded from the frustration he felt. Deep breaths. No need to overwork himself. For their outing, he opted for some more comfortable clothes, a simple pair of khaki shorts and a light blue button down that was decorated with dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets. Sunglasses sat on the crown of his head but slid down with each bounce the path offered. They slid down the bridge of his nose but he didn't seem to care in the slightest. His socks and crocs combo made him look like an absolute tool, but he liked comfort over fashion anyway. (It was a bonus for attending the fireworks with a partner that couldn't see. Hell, he could have came in a bathrobe for all he cared in that aspect.)

Once they reached an area that didn't seem too crowded, he figured it best to set up. The cooler that he dragged along with his free hand held a few snacks and drinks. A blanket balanced itself on his shoulder. For a moment, he let go of Ariadne's hand and spread the blanket out for them both to sit on. There was no way in hell he was going to lay on the dirty ground. Ew. Once everything was situated, he spoke up to his fellow Rocket once again.

"Feel free to come a bit closer, I figured I'd give us something to sit on so we don't get filthy. The fireworks should start here any minute. I've got water, lemonade, soda, and figured girl dinner suited us."

By 'girl dinner,' he meant that he went out of his way to craft an impressive charcuterie board with a variety of cheeses, lunch meats carefully sliced into cubes, grapes, butter flavored crackers, and some garlic butter to spread on the crackers. Sure, it was a fair sum of money but hey, he figured it was an excuse to treat himself. It's not like he went out of his way to prepare something nice for someone else. (He did, but that didn't need to be said out loud.)

⚰︎ divider made by milky!

mission : firework flings
close tab

played by

Nano

aria
She/Her
twenty-six
january 31st
po town, alola
sapiosexual
perfumer
associate
looked to the sky for a sign
52 height
52 height
awards
159 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ariadne
ARIADNE MAUCH
< all washed out > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 21:56:45 GMT
ARIADNE MAUCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aria"]
[attr="class","text"]

she's seen fireworks before. [break][break]

many years ago, and the fizzling lights disappear with the memory. aria doesn't mind, though, since she probably wouldn't be able to see them past the skyscrapers and light pollution anymore. what used to be enjoyment has now become indifference that borders on irritation - whose idea was it to make them so obnoxiously loud? [break][break]

but she came out anyways, in rocket's "attempt" at team building and bonding. she could scoff at the idea. i mean, who came up with this idea? they're treating an organized criminal group like some sort of day care. [break][break]

at least she's with someone she likes. [break][break]

said person still makes quips, but her lips maintain their smile regardless as a comfortable pair of running shoes leaves the slightest dust of dirt in her path. "i dunno," she starts, pressing her lower lip with a finger. she stifles a chuckle "touching grass in the summer sounds pretty good, honestly." [break][break]

the trip would have been suffocating if she couldn't banter. her fingers stay wrapped around a man's hand as they walk along the path, eyes closed as they approach a clearing away from all of the people. the breeze is pleasant enough, and she's enjoying it until her ears perk up at his voice. [break][break]

"oh, ya came prepared" she starts to lower herself to the blanket, arms reaching as her hand tries to pat along the grass. the blades prick a few times before she comes into contact with the cooler plush. when she manages to find it, she shifts her weight and crawls onto the blanket. thank god, she doesn't have to sit in the dirt.[break][break]

the stench of cheese reaches her (she has her enhanced senses to thank. if you lose one sense, the other four seem to try and compensate. who'd have thought?) and another hum escapes her lips. "aw, ya did come prepared." another chuckle, less restrained this time, while she leans towards his voice to gently poke at his shoulder. [break][break]

"wanted to make this a picnic date? hm?~" she asks with a devilish smirk.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@ren
[break]

NOTES

mission: firework flings

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.aria]--accent:#c30b4e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aria]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< all washed out > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 22:22:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Brows furrow together as her finger makes contact with his shoulder and he bares his teeth a bit. This wasn't a date in the slightest, and the idea only irked him more. Hands raised off of the blanket as he readied himself to push Ariadne into the dirt just to the side of their shared blanket, but he composed himself and rubbed at his face with a groan. It was almost bothersome at how she managed to push his buttons, but let's be honest: just about anyone could do that. But she seemed to find some sick joy in it. Was it cause he constantly cracked blind jokes at her expense? To try and push back, however, he offered a wry smile as he spoke.

"I didn't spare any expenses either, I'm sure there's some way you could show your appreciation."

He lowered a bag he had napkins and the like stored in and unzipped it in a manner to insinuate he'd undone the zipper to his pants. A shift in the weight beside Ariadne was enough to show that he leaned in her direction, and his voice came out in a low whisper. Two could play at this game and he certainly wouldn't allow himself to be outdone. While Ren liked to front that he had no shame in his approach to things, that illusion was thrown out the window at the fact he was a flustered mess even tnough he simply insinuated something. It's not like he went along with the action, but still. The man was embarrassed by the situation. (Thank Arceus that Ariadne couldn't see the blushing, stuttering mess he'd become simply because his pride wouldn't allow him to be the embarrassed one in this situation.)

"All talk, but I'm sure skilled fingers like yours know how to play."

As Ren leaned in, there was no doubt the heat radiating off of his face was enough to show he was more than embarrassed. But before anything could be done, he quickly retreated and kept his hands up so that he could push his partner away if need be. An awkward cough left his lips as he looked away and rummaged through the cooler for a distraction of any kind. That was when he pulled out a bottle of water for Ariadne and offered it out.

"Here, have a drink, and let's forget the past few seconds."

close tab

played by

Nano

aria
She/Her
twenty-six
january 31st
po town, alola
sapiosexual
perfumer
associate
52 height
52 height
awards
159 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ariadne
ARIADNE MAUCH
< all washed out > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 4:04:19 GMT
ARIADNE MAUCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aria"]
[attr="class","text"]

the words say one thing. the tone says another. [break][break]

indeed he is blessed with her lack of sight. if not for it, he would be suffering under the brunt of continued teasing. ariadne thrives on reactions and responses, and it just so happened that his were always entertaining, and always just enough to tide over her amusement. it was the anger and the frustration, and the sheer and unbridled disgust that came with his voice (and what she'll imagine is the expression with knitted brows) that bring her life. [break][break]

his suggestion has her raise a brow, and she nearly tilts her head in slight disbelief. the rocket could barely believe her ears; really? him? here? surely, he was bluffing, because the chicken she knows would never actually follow through. was it his attempt at getting back at her? his attempt to swerve her away, or embarrass her? oh, that's cute.[break][break]

he should know that ariadne likes playing along. [break][break]

so with a hum and a smile, she leans over closer as though to start - only to be stopped by a hand against her shoulder and an awkward cough that followed. her eyes open, slightly - not as though it makes much of a difference - before another chuckle rises from her lips; this time unrestrained. [break][break]

"pfft.." it's rude to laugh, but his bluff was just so cute. she reaches out, hand searching for the bottle, before taking it and screwing the cap loose. "shame." she hums before taking a sip, and promptly licks any excess that might have dripped from her lips. "ya shouldn't bluff like that if you're gonna back out, love~."[break][break]

still amused, she reaches up to what she'll assume is his cheek. if she poked his eye, though, well, shame. [break][break]

"cute, though. i almost thought you were growing a spine." she coos. [break][break]

"almost~."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@ren
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.aria]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".aria .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< all washed out > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2023 19:28:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The embarrassment that came with her reaction was practically palpable, and he couldn't hide the whine that made itself apparent when she teased him back. The poke came to his cheek, much to his relief, but still was enough to damage his ego. He turned his head and quickly masked his flustered reaction with some sort of gruff sound because lord knew his fellow Rocket didn't need the ego boost. She was pretty cocky, was that a common trait in Alola? Shameless, too.

"Control yourself," he hissed.

But the disappointment that he didn't follow through on his own end was evident in his voice. At least it would be a little more fun than sitting there and watching fireworks. But that was in the past, and not a topic he wanted to brush upon again. Ren let out a sharp exhale as he shifted a bit to lay down on his back so he could look up at the sky. It had gotten dark faster than he realized, so no doubt it was about time for the fireworks to start. And just like that, the pop of the first one to start the show began.

The blue and white rained down to reveal the shape of a Snorlax's head. Impressive, but wasted upon half of the duo in attendance. Ren's hand mindlessly reached out to Ariadne. Not exactly to hold, but a reassurance that he was still there. He didn't know why he bothered to do such, but it felt proper.

"Have you ever seen fireworks before? Sorry, I don't know how far back your blindness goes."

There was a gentleness in his tone. Somehow he didn't seem like he wanted to tease her. Instead, he posed the question curious. Maybe he wanted to do his best to explain them. He had a limited vernacular but he'd do his best.

"The first one they shot off looks like a Snorlax. It's blue, like the winds of the first breeze of autumn. There's a darker tint to it, why I didn't go to the whole summer allusion."

A pause. He tried to figure out how to word himself the second time around.

"The Snorlax kinda looks like a sleepy cat. Pointed ears at the top of its big head. It's a tired pokemon, but a happy one."

close tab

played by

Nano

aria
She/Her
twenty-six
january 31st
po town, alola
sapiosexual
perfumer
associate
52 height
52 height
awards
159 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ariadne
ARIADNE MAUCH
< all washed out > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 4:43:16 GMT
ARIADNE MAUCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aria"]
[attr="class","text"]

no, she won't. [break][break]

or rather, he can't make her, and ariadne is fully aware of this. she's pushing his buttons to get a reaction out of him, and it doesn't matter to her what kind of reaction. it'll be amusing either way, and her ears will pick up every bit of it - and she'll revel in his suffering. he hisses and says one thing, but the tune of his voice makes it painstakingly obvious. [break][break]

he's only spared because of the explosion of fireworks overhead, and her ears perk as her head instinctively turns to the source. if it were any time in the past, the lights would have reached her eyes. now, they only reflect and bounce off as the lights fizzle out into the dark night sky. [break][break]

"i have," she hums, tone softened while leaning back into the blanket "when i was little. really little." before the darkness grasped and swallowed her whole. [break][break]

she smiles, and she raises a hand to rest a curled finger against her lower lip. he's trying to describe color? to her? she knows just as well that it's not that easy to do. "you don't have to describe the colour. you can just say it and describe the shade." she hums, raising her legs to gently rest her other arm over her knees. [break][break]

"snorlax sounds cute, though." she chuckles, again, with the same smile to her lips. "sounds like they'd be the perfect sleeping buddy~."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@ren
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
< all washed out > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 19:09:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A sound of relief left his lips as he relaxed back against the blanket a bit more. At least he didn't have to describe the colors. That shit was hard. Ren bit at his bottom lip as he continued to watch the display above. Most of them were just explosions that rained down, nothing to necessarily note. A snerk left his lips as he glanced back up at Ariadne at the comment about Snorlax being an ideal sleeping partner.

"I'm afraid it'd roll over and squish me beneath it. I'm fine with using my Lycanroc Winston as a pillow."

Though he didn't plan to let the dog out in fear the fireworks would startle the poor pokemon. Instead, he continued to stare up at the sky and hummed thoughtfully. As much as he wanted to describe the various explosions in the sky, there wasn't much going on. The sounds themselves were enough to explain. It wasn't long before he turned his head to look at Ariadne again and spoke a bit more carefully.

"I'll be real with you, the explosions happening now are just a flurry of colors, no shapes -- just raining down," he began. "Oh hold on, there's a Magikarp one. It's orange and looks like a really, really dumb fish that's just happy to be involved."

He sat up after a moment and dug through the cooler before he took out some cheese to eat. The plastic container was carefully offered onto his fellow Rocket's lap with a light tap so she knew it was there. The smell was a dead giveaway in itself. He went for a nice cube of mozzarella and chewed it while he attempted to figure out how to delicately ask his next question.

"So how'd you go blind?"

Very delicate. At least he didn't beat around the bush. And figured it was a good starting point for the pair to actually connect on a deeper level. Ren wasn't really one for talking about himself so he chose to give Aria the floor.

close tab

played by

Nano

aria
She/Her
twenty-six
january 31st
po town, alola
sapiosexual
perfumer
associate
52 height
52 height
awards
159 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ariadne
ARIADNE MAUCH
< all washed out > [m]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2023 6:39:20 GMT
ARIADNE MAUCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aria"]
[attr="class","text"]

"that just means you're weak~" she'll taunt with her snide remarks, and raised cheeks do nothing to hide any sort of amusement. she'll admit that she doesn't know what a lycanroc looks like, but the way it trots across the dirt and lets out soft growls or howls is enough an indicator that points to cuteness, or fluffiness, or neither. she heard that it's a rock type, and her mind can only picture it as a rock hard canine. certainly, not the best sleeping companion. [break][break]

to each their own. [break][break]

the same can be said about the fireworks - to each their own. whilst she can hear the ooo's and ahhhh's from the surrounding onlookers, it's quickly fizzled out by one explosion followed by the last. it's a loud bang. it reminds her of those times she's slammed boxes into the door frames at her shop. not pleasant, sometimes painful, and just enough to have her cringe. they're probably beautiful - she wouldn't doubt it. [break][break]

something's put in her lap, and the smell certainly gives it away - it was obvious enough to make her squint a little at the dairy smell. her nose being just as sensitive as her ears was both a blessing and a curse. [break][break]

her fingers run over the container, first, before cautiously poking at a pick to grab at the first cube she runs the wood over. before she chews it, she lets it melt atop of her tongue for the flavour to set. then she bites and savours. it's good cheese, and it's good enough to get her to hum. at least there's something she can enjoy. [break][break]

nothing can ruin her moment, especially not when she's given some good food. [break][break]

at least, she thought nothing could.[break][break]

an odd question is posed, considering the person. for a little while, she was sure that he wouldn't end up asking. she's so surprised that she quirks a brow, but that's about as far as she'll let the mask slip. "hm?" she hums, feigning processing as another firework makes a bang overhead. she's not trying to confirm - she's trying to respond. [break][break]

there's such a brief window for her smile to falter, and maybe it would have been hidden beneath the veil of darkness if it weren't for the accursed lights. [break][break]

"glaucoma" ariadne takes another cheese cube with the pick, lifting it up idly, with the same, indifferent smile to her lips. "it's an eye disease that damages the eye, or the nerve." she explains further, "and we found out about it a little too late." [break][break]

she speaks with a smile, in such a matter-of-fact tone. aria's explained it just enough times for it to become routine, or scripted. [break][break]

not yet enough to accept it.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@ren
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]