awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
sweet rose wine . [ private ]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 8:42:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "i'm sorry, miss alfric, i don't understand. go back to how it was? what do you consider the usual?"

it's a question fernando answers with one of his own. the subject matter is one best left with nuance and a certain level of tact. it's only natural for him to ask for a bit more clarification so that he addresses her main concern in a way that both pleases her and draws her closer to him. after all, there are many things still set on the horizon and hoenn has little time for true peace.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 8:53:40 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
more... predictable," she elaborated, hesitantly.

the war introduced the possibility of attack - the fear of invasion having infested her mind the moment she was officially appointed as a leader.

"
i give out badges to my respective challengers and handle business that's strictly mauville-oriented when everything's settled."

there was a hope which edged her tone, the young woman preferring that she avoid an excessive amount of conflict and violence for the remainder of her career. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 9:08:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "unfortunately, i can never promise that. what with mossdeep."

fernando frowns and goes for his wine again. this time he takes a more lasting drink. the sweetness doesn't remove the bitterness left by his words. "the future is uncertain and all we can do is remain vigilant."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 17:59:58 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait reached out for the bottle of dry wine and promptly refilled her glass.

disappointment.  

it was written all over her face in that moment. 

"i understand, sir."

she had a city to protect and a obligation to respond whenever called upon - this she understood to its fullest extent. 

"
and kanto?

with rocket's retreat there may be a chance at reacquiring the lost region.

"
are we going to allow rocket to keep it?"  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 8:53:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "outside of our jurisdiction."

for all the ways he exploits her, fernando has to give credit where credit is due. alfric's question toward the earth scorched region is the correct one and one that shows the foresight to think ahead. unfortunately, kanto is kanto and hoenn's reach only goes so far. unless fernando is willing to relieve himself of the region's political council, he can only have so much of a hand in the restoration of his homeland. and after all this time, all his effort and excruciating planning, the last thing he'll do is jeopardize his hold on the region.

"and i don't plan on leaving hoenn any time soon."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 19:26:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait appeared greatly relieved by the news that fernando wouldn't be leaving them.

"i doubt we'd manage so well without you, sir."

another glass of wine had polished off in record time by the woman. and she's soon reach out again to refill it, her face warm and her body lax. her plate of food had been mostly cleared by now, and she was glancing at the pie - tempted.  

"
i mean - yes - we have miss morningstar and mister cole -

she blinked and then her grin grew brilliant.

"
kim - we have kim," she corrected, drawling out the man's name. "he was the last man i had in here, you know? i do miss having him around.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 20:24:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "ha, ha. you are too kind miss alfric. hoenn is many things and in goods hands is one of them. that's why i trust the future to aspiring young stars such as yourself." flattery comes in many forms and fernando has taken the actions to prove that his words, while empty and only said to inflate her ego, are given under the premise that he generally means it. it's hard to argue that he doesn't when he's the one who propelled her into her position as gym leader. on that ground, he is infallible.

fernando takes his time with both food and drink. his trust in alfric is beyond what it should be but it never hurts to be careful. poison is a slow and miserable death, which is why he allows time and patience to ward off ingesting too much at a time. he chalks it up to proper etiquette and no one bats an eye.

the sudden shift in topics makes him nauseous and fernando hesitates to eat another bite. he'll blame it on the volume and pretend he's had more than his fair share. "ah. u-uh." the mention of is an odd twist but fernando suspects alfric has had too much to drink. he's not sure whether she's bragging or just rambling. weird flex but okay. "that's nice, i guess?"

the insinuation also goes over his head because fernando can understand why someone may tolerate kim, even find him attractive, but to pair themselves willingly after hearing the man talk for more than two sentences? the thought never crosses his mind. "kim is nice. i'm glad to hear that you two are getting along. you wouldn't happen to be planning on inviting councilman morningstar over as well, now would you?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 20:35:12 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

now that was an interesting idea. 

she giggled. 

"i doubt she'd be very interested in wasting her personal hours on someone like myself," she responded. 

cait promptly procured a decently-sized slice of pie. 

"
that reminds me," she said. "there was an article printed on the two of you by the local tabloid. it was amazing. apparently you and mister kim have a secret love affair going on.

she thought over the title for a moment.

"
'has the icy heart of fernando silph been melted by the wicked flames of 's desire?'

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 20:42:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"i wouldn't say that. i have no doubts in my mind that would love to meet you. she's just busy. we all are."

fernando watches her cut a slice and makes no move toward doing the same. his appetite has been thoroughly trounced at the mention of . what alfric proposes after is just as insane. he laughs whole-heartedly at the title, caught off guard by the absurdity. "that reminds me of the gossip column that said i was going to open up a gym and act as champion. the media sure has a field day with their stories."

he pauses before laughing again.

"whatever it takes to sell issues, i guess."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 20:49:19 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"i'd prefer you over to be perfectly honest."

cait's visibly sobered, her smile lessening the moment he mentioned the title. there was a hint of bite to her tone as the young woman's focus shifted away from her dessert. 

"
but i'm not the one to criticize the counsel and their decisions. i'm sure he was the best option when you were considering candidates for the position."

there was a slight slur to her soft voice, but despite the fuzz that hampered her mind by a decent margin she was still very capable of pressing onward with intelligent conversation.  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 20:55:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "i disagree. i am a mediocre trainer at best. , despite his many flaws, is both capable and competent."

the animosity between him and devon is something fernando rather keep a secret. no matter how much stone can pick up on it, that means nothing when everyone else sees nothing but praise coming from fernando. in order to deceive his enemies first he must deceive his allies. only when the whole board rotates around an axis will the world revolve around him.

"but do not be afraid to voice your concerns or discontent with any decisions made. i had no say in the matter but i did not push against it once i found out. however, between us, between friends, i will always have an open ear for you. i value your honest opinion over discontent obedience. at least with you, alfric."

his silverware rests at the edge of his plate. he's done eating now. guess it's time for that pleasant conversation she was talking about.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 21:06:59 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

'he values my honesty.'

"'friends.'"

cait considered the word and had a difficult time labeling the relationship she held with fernando as such. she respected the man immensely and viewed him as a mentor - as a leader - as someone who had the power and the right to issue her orders whenever he saw fit. 

'stormy and i are friends,' she thought. 'but fernando's different. so very different.'

"i never really... considered you to be my 'friend', sir. but i suppose i did bring you here under false pretenses - "

she paused and considered her words with care as she  rested her elbows upon the surface of the table, her gaze remaining fixed upon the silph.

"
this wasn't exactly meant to be a 'friendly' arrangement, either."

liquid courage guided her along now, her eyes partly lidded as she released a plaintive sigh.   

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 2:54:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "oh."

fernando knows her statement has no malicious intent behind it. or at least he doesn't expect it to, not knowing cait the way he does. instead, he attributes the improper phrasing to her easing intoxication and cuts it at that.

"i see."

spoiler alert: he doesn't.

fernando stares at her, his facial cues as barren as his cluelessness, blinking.

"then—?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 3:13:50 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"you're more than that - urp - to me. calling you a friend is - ."

she hiccuped and stood abruptly before proceeding to wobble unsteadily upon her propped up feet.

'i'm wearing heels,' she thought, peering mournfully down at her feet. 'that was a mistake.' 

"
you're the most amazing - handsomest - greatest man i've ever had the - "

she was having a difficult time piecing comprehensible words together. 

'oh, shit.' 

cait was deteriorating fast - she knew it - and he probably knew it too. she was still so terribly inexperienced when it came to consuming alcohol, her body having a difficult time when it came to tolerating even a few glasses of wine. 

"
i'm so sorry, sir," she grunted, running a hand over her face as she leaned against the table. "i even promised myself i'd only have a little wine."

'this is going so wrong. he's going to think i'm some kind of idiot,' she thought. 'i'm going to hate myself in the morning.'  

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 6:53:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]fernando hides his disdain and confusion behind a thinly veiled smile. it's one latching onto the awkward dimples that lines his cheeks as he tries to surface cait's babbling. this is not a good look but he accept her for whatever flaws she may have. until they become more trouble than she's worth but that's a limit that alfric has yet to reach.

he stands up from his seat to reach out for her, unsure whether or not her instability stems from being inebriated or is a sign toward something worse. steady hands hold her by the waist and her opposite shoulder, providing something to lean on should she need to. fernando keeps a wary eye to make sure she's not directly facing him, erring on the side of caution for potential vomiting.

"it's alright alfric. we all get a little carried away when we get the chance to celebrate our accomplishments."

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS