5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
from one bird to another [s][c]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 21:40:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He couldn’t believe it.

Hoping that the other knew what they were really and truly getting themselves into, he’d sealed himself in the kitchen for a few hours (days, really) baking the cutest-looking macarons he could ever conjure up—

For they were decorated with Natu on the face of it! (Well, Natu and Xatu even though the Xatu stare really creeped him out on so many levels.)

Though he had no idea what flavor the other would like when it came to desserts, he decided to err on the side of caution and made a mix of flavors; making sure to top out the icing on the faces of the avianid Pokémon macarons once he was done.

(Oh, and there was a Pidove-decorated macaron in the middle of the box for good measure.)

He had no idea what the other’s theme was going to be since it was so hush-hush, however one Teleport express later and he was at Lilycove, his second most-favorite city.

Obviously Fortree was the first but shh.

And now, time to look for Lam’s new digs, so to speak, with box of macarons in hand!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2023 17:14:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] The new gym wouldn’t be difficult to find–exactly where it had been left after the last gym leader had moved onward and upward.The repurposed warehouse stood stalwartly, not far from the stretch of beach where a secondary, outdoor pitch had recently been constructed for the sake of versatility and option.[break][break]

Lam, similarly, wouldn’t have been difficult to spy, given the fact that he was buzzing around the gym–even without challengers just yet, there were still things to get sorted. And he was at least attempting to be diligent before that end of the day mood really kicked in and sent him scrambling for home to pass out in bed.[break][break]

But maybe he was too fired up for that. The idea that he’d managed to earn a designation for this gym, and be put in a position of leadership wasn’t just an idea anymore.[break][break]

He’d actually pulled it off. Like, for real.[break][break]

And if that wasn’t enough to get him hyped up to keep working into the early evening, he wasn’t sure what would be.[break][break]

The smile on his face had been fixed there all day, and it definitely didn’t diminish when he spotted a familiar face approaching. Noticeable from his vantage on the roof of the massive building.[break][break]

His altaria trilled in signal, and he slipped onto her back so that she could bring him back down to the ground for a proper greeting to the Fortree gym leader.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

- :3

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 16:03:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It wouldn’t take him too long to find an Altaria coming down from the rooftop of the gym that was being overhauled; and a huge grin split his face.

“Hey, what’s up?” he hollered from down on the ground, waving his arm to catch the greenette’s attention while waiting for him to land on the ground.

“Got word you’re the one taking over ’s previous gym out here. What’re you thinking of making your gimmick to be?” he asked once the other was close enough, box of macarons waiting in his other hand.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 22:15:10 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"] Lam waved down Alexei as Mallow drifted down from the tall warehouse roof. “Not much! Just checkin’ if anything needs touch up!” And also he kinda just liked being up high, y’know? He figured if there was anyone who understood that particular sentiment, it was likely Alex.[break][break]
Once they touched down, he slid off the altaria’s back in one quick, fluid motion. Sure to give her some affectionate scritches under the beak before making his way over to the other gym leader.[break][break]
“Yep! Should be opening up the doors soon, if things keep going smoothly!” he chimed in response, a wide smile taking over his expression. “You already got the birds down pat,” he mused with a bright laugh, “so I’m sticking to the strategy format I enjoy most–doubles!”[break][break]
It was a useful tool, he believed. Both on one’s own, and when accompanied with others. “Thanks for swinging by, by the way.” A comfort– to be greeted so warmly by the most seasoned gym leader around.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 11:57:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

All that secrecy for…

“Oh, that’s the theme you chose?”

He blinked a little bit, before handing the box to the other. Said box had a clear top with plastic, so the Natu macarons literally surrounded the lone Pidove one staring up from the smack-middle of the entire assembly inside the container.

“I made these for you. I remember your tiny terror tot of a Pidove,” he chuckled as the bird-designed macarons stared up from inside the box.

“That’s why they’re the centerpiece, after all,” he added with a grin.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 18:13:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
“Yeah!” he nodded easily, and his shoulders rose and fell in a shrug. “I know it sounds kinda like a simple concept, but it’s an important strategy, y’know? Especially learning to work with others.”[break][break]
It seemed like a particularly handy lesson for younger trainers to learn unity as much as they learned independence in their training paths. Lam didn’t see any need for secrecy about it, since it’d all be revealed and up and running soon enough.[break][break]
Besides, what was a little chatter from gym leader to gym leader?[break][break]
His eyes brightened as his attention was shifted to the container Alexei presented, green gaze lit with curiosity and then delight as the top was lifted away.[break][break]
“Oh, wow! You made these? They’re so cute!” he babbled, carefully taking the offered box as he looked at each natu and the pidove in the middle.[break][break]
“She’s around here somewhere,” he replied, referring to the pidove he’d used in his challenge against the other. “Thank you—you totally didn’t have to.”[break][break]
But it was appreciated all the same. Immensely so.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 21:59:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Simple, but ultimately—yes, very useful to know,” he nodded in agreement.

(Even if his own doubles-style battling sucked ass, too.)

The moment the macarons were spotted, they stole the show entirely. He couldn’t help but laugh at the expression of glee on the greenette’s face.

“I wasn’t sure what flavors to make them, so I played it safe and went for matcha for the Natu, and the Pidove one’s vanilla,” he continued with the same sheepish expression.

“Did I get their profiles right?” he added with another laugh. “Even piping the icing decorations for the Natu creeped me out, I don’t know what’s up with their stare! It looks like it’s following your every move.”

And don’t get him started on the Xatu line, the stares of that evolution line were even worse.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 18:44:01 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
“That’s what I was hoping– it’s good to know how to work with other people. The more accustomed you can become to working with others, the easier it’ll be outside of the circuit.”[break][break]

Or that was his hope, anyway. He wasn’t exactly trying to emulate the intensity of preparing for conflict as some other gyms might have, but there were plenty of outside opportunities for doubles. Friendly, spontaneous matches, running into a pokemon swarm– all sorts of stuff.[break][break]

But that fell away as he continued to stare at the treats with obvious delight.[break][break]

“Those both sound great,” he said with a rapid nod of his head. “Matcha’s one of my favorites, so you hit the nail on the head.” Lam grinned as his eyes lifted from the macarons and up to Alex again.[break][break]

“Seriously, thanks, this is a really nice welcome.” And it helped infinitely in making him feel accepted into the fold of other gym leaders. “You totally did,” he added with a laugh of his own. “But they’re really not that observant, or at least, mine aren’t.”[break][break]

It was just the nature of their natural design. Well, okay, maybe his xatu was that observant and uncanny, but he’d spare Alexei the unnerved feeling.

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 19:18:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Have you ever thought of adding like, a non-traditional option to your theme?” he would ask the greenette.

The way things were going, he had a feeling that Lam’s lessons were going to be similar to how he taught his—that not everything had to be touched upon in a brutal battle to the finish.

“I… I kind of went overboard with mine, since I have three non-traditional challenge options, but then again that’s what the expertise of my Gym is… because a lot of my lessons aren’t the kind that you can just memorize from lines in a book.”

(Or learn through endless years of training, but that was something else entirely.)

“Look. Look,” he continued as the topic then turned to the Natu and Xatu line, “…I’ve had nightmares about that uncanny stare. Like. No matter where I look, it always feels like they’re watching from somewhere just out of your sight!”

And he then let out a peal of laughter.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 3:16:03 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Lam’s head nods energetically. “I have! Maybe not immediately while I’m still getting it all figured out, but I’ve brainstormed a little.” He definitely didn’t think his challenge needed to be intense or brutal. In truth, he’d taken cue from the fun he’d had during ’s former gym – the spirit of competition rather than the survival mode some other gyms employed.[break][break]
His head tilts as he listens. “Well, if you’re running the gym day in and day out, it would make sense to run challenges you actually enjoy too, y’know?”[break][break]
That what makes the most sense to him, anyway.[break][break]
Alexei’s adamance draws a bright laugh from the new gym leader. “That’s just part of their charm!” Lam’s laughter continues–he’s never been too fazed by the unnerving birb eyes.[break][break]
“Thanks again, though, for these.” he holds up the gift box. “I’ll even share them with my boyfriend. I’ll bet he’ll be thrilled by how cute they look.”

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 9:53:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“If and when you do add a non-traditional option, let me know,” he mused as he looked over at the work that was being done in the immediate area.

“I can test run it for you. I mean, you know me. I have like. Three versions of a non-traditional gym challenge, each one of them unique.”

(Of course, he’d have to revamp one of them down the road, all things considered, as they were becoming too similar now that he looked at it!)

He hummed quietly—oh? Lilycove’s Birddad™ also had a partner?

“Ooh?” he crowed, ears perking. “Have I met or at the very least come by my Gym for a challenge before like you did?”

He tried to remember the scores of challengers, wondering if there was any that stood out asides from the greenette in front of him. Should they have taken the non-traditional challenge, then that alone would make them stick out easily in his memory.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,491 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 16:21:39 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"I'll be sure to!" Lam replied brightly. He wasn't sure when that might be, but he was still earnest in his response. It almost felt like he had a whole world of possibilities opened up to him now.[break][break]
"That's not a bad idea," he said, smiling. He definitely wasn't a pro at anything non-trad, and the pointers would probably be helpful.[break][break]
Lam's glance darted toward Alexei at the curious sound, and his face was quick to darken with a slight shade of red. "Yeah, we've been together almost a couple years now," he admitted with a sheepish laugh. "But no, he's not much the gym battle type."[break][break]
His expression turned exceedingly fond. "Rook feels bad battling them more often than not, even just for sport. He's very nurturing with his pokemon - oh! Not that he's opposed to my job or anything. He's usually at all of my personal matches. I think he came to ours, actually."

[attr="class","ooc"]

[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights