Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 16:51:04 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

(Set sometime Late July)

The door slammed behind her as she entered her abode. The Pokemon there noticed the change in atmosphere immediately.

Elinor was angry. If her face contorted in fury wasn’t enough the white fists certainly screamed her feelings loudly. The moment she entered the living room, the crumbled up resignation letter Dahlia had given her went flying. Not that the paper did much as it struck the wall.

Infuriated by this she walked over to the table. Teeth gnawing at her lower lip, eyes welling up as she grabbed the heavy table. “So I am not good enough anymore?” And then the table went flying as far as she could manage to throw it, hitting the flat screen TV nearby.

The faint scars on her arms felt red hot as the next words escaped her. “I gave them everything.” She grabbed the now broken tv, and threw it at a nearby vase. The sound of broken pottery resounded throughout the apartment.

Her Pokemon had gathered nearby, peeking out to see what had taken hold of her with worry in their eyes.

Her voice grew louder with each frustrated word. “AND THEY THREW ME AWAY WHEN I BECAME AN INCONVENIENCE TO THEM.” A few sobs escaped her. "and they threw me away like... like trash."

The sound of several other broken items joined the crescendo of rage that she had been performing.

By the time she felt tired of letting out her emotions the living room was a mess of broken vases, pictures and furniture, upon which several glinting gym badges laid as she had specifically fetched from her bedroom in a moment of clarity.

As she gazed upon this destruction she felt nothing but hollowness. Hollowness and more anger.

And so she threw herself at her bed, hollow and angry. And when she rose the next morning all she could think about was that she needed to release her anger once more. But she needed more than just the destruction of her apartment.

In some weird way she wanted to punish Hoenn? She wanted to destroy that which the Hoenn League owned.

But she did not want casualties. She did not want to hurt innocents. And so she traveled out into the sea she fell upon one of the countless uninhabited islands.

Clad in a surprisingly casual black summer outfit, a black and gray choker, as well as a pair of bracelets on her wrist and near her ankles. she landed upon the rugged rocked beach, a huge stony cliff barring their continued access to the island.

Silently she summoned four pokemon, three Steelix and an Onix. They looked toward her expectantly.

“Destroy everything here.” Her voice lathered with cold fiery fury.

Each serpent smiled, growled and went to work ripping the cliff in front of her apart, letting rock and debris fly as their work could be felt through the ground like a minor earthquake.

And as the sound of destruction played in the air, she took a quick gaze around and when she noticed nobody was there she allowed a banshee scream of frustration and anger into the world.

OOC: Therapy

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 17:21:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Another day, another dud. Just how many days could Isaac spend combing the sub for any sign of ?[break][break]

It was massive, sure. It was practically an entire undersea base of operations. But how much of it could Isaac seriously be expected to search? He was runnung out of areas he had clearance for. He was even starting to run out of areas he didn't. At this point, he needed to accept reality. He'd never find Caleb here.[break][break]

Next stop would be Sootopolis, but not today. Searching was hard work, and Isaac needed his rest.[break][break]

Isaac decided to take the scenic route today. He'd been doing that a lot lately. Teleporting from a dreary, dismal sub to an abandoned, haunted house was kinda bleak, even by his standards. He'd rather risk unwanted attention from surfing around in his Rocket garb than keeping up with this routine.[break][break]

All alone beneath the pale moonlight, with no company but the massive school of fish he road atop, Isaac decided to kick back and relax. Walls of fish stopped him from rolling out into the deep, so what was the harm in it? He could zone out to the sound of the pounding waves, rushing breeze, stones being obliterated-[break][break]

Huh?[break][break]

The bad news was Isaac had no nap. The good news was now he had a mystery to investigate. Fair trade, in his books. Isaac sat up, spurring Isaac onwards towards the symphony of destruction. It was being carried out by a quartet of stony titans, the Steelixes and their little Onix brother devastating the island without a care in the world.[break][break]

There, in the center of it all, Elinor screamed.[break][break]

"Councilwoman." The usual put-upon gravel hid Isaac's relief at her escape, though some still managed to slip out. Was it foolish to board the beach and approach? Maybe. But Arceus knew she probably couldn't hear him if he didn't get closer. "Can't say I thought I'd see you here."

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 12:39:31 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

(Set sometime Late July)

The serrated dagger of betrayal twisted in her heart as she poured out her feelings. It hurt, and it kept hurting. The pain only grew, even if she knew that it was illogical. Resignation wasn’t the end, it never had been. Besides, she had handed resignation to plenty of other people before, so why did she feel so wounded when it was handed to her?

The catastrophic dance of destruction played its own cacophonic symphony on the unfortunate island. During it all, she wished for more, needed more destruction as she hugged herself tightly. A bright radiant light shone from her and moments later one of her Steelix mega evolved allowing it to pain with even wider strokes of destruction upon the unfortunate canvas.

And somewhere along all of this impromptu therapy she heard a voice. Someone called out to her using a title she had lost.

She turned to the sound. Tears rolling from her eyes, face red and flustered from the exertion. But for once she did not care about her appearance. Still, the destruction came to a grinding halt as her Pokemon realized they were not alone on the beach.

They rushed to her side, tearing the ground apart in the process, ready to defend her even when one of them remembered the familiar voice from a previous encounter.

But to answer his question Elinor sniveled hurt in her voice as she stated. “Why are you here?” All she wanted was to be alone. Could she not even be granted that small request?

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 14:16:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Same reason I show up anywhere. Just happened to blow in on the breeze."[break][break]

It had been forever since Isaac had last pulled the mysterious drifter card. For one, he didn't have a bike anymore, and it was a lot harder to fill that role without a set of wheels. It was also a lot harder to find comfort in his role of "grey Rocket" when they played their hand and tried to exploit the Meteno for their own gain.[break][break]

To risk so much and take so little. Isaac couldn't even blame Elinor for trying to kill him on sight.[break][break]

That was then. This was now. Elinor had far bigger problems than a Rocket existing somewhere. Isaac had far bigger problems than his own personal hangups. Even his mysterious drifter shtick, for the first time in a while, had been the truth.[break][break]

Mega Steelix. Shiny Steelix. Normal Steelix. Baby Steelix. The gang was all here. Their symphony of destruction at the will of a screaming conductor was a spectacle to behold. Even if there hadn't been a tragedy at the eye of this storm, Isaac would have shown up just to watch.[break][break]

Yet the hurt in his voice made it clear there was so much left unsaid.[break][break]

"I won't pry, if you don't want me to." He wouldn't. He knew from how poorly that could go. "But something tells me this isn't training day."

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 10:13:12 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

(Set sometime Late July)

Isaac gave such a non-answer. Not that it mattered. He couldn’t have picked a worse time to show up.

By now her Pokemon had all taken defensive stances around her. Just waiting for the word from her to throw themselves at Isaac. The Mega Steelix even went so far as to growl it’s low rumbling threat.

She wiped away the trail of tears, then steeled her face and her voice. “Always so observant…” Elinor whispered behind a sigh of her own. “But you are right, it is not.”

“Not that it’s any of your business.” Right now, Isaac were an illogically painful eyesore.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2023 13:50:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Easy, big guy. We're all friends here." Isaac's easygoing smirk in the face of a growling Mega Steelix was, at best, misguided. At worst, it was actively suicidal. However, his expression softened as he looked towards the Steelix that showed recognition instead of hostility. "Isn't that right?"[break][break]

Elinor's expression hardened as well, becoming as steely as the Pokemon she commanded. Fresh off her tears, Isaac knew it was at least in part a mask. But who was he to tear it off while he still wore his?[break][break]

"Always had to be," Isaac admitted as Elinor grumbled about his perceptiveness. "Feels like the only thing keeping my ass out of the fire sometimes."[break][break]

" 'Course, feels like it gets my ass into the fire just as much. But that's splitting hairs."[break][break]

It was clear Elinor wasn't okay. It was also clear that going Wormzilla on a nearby island wasn't the healthiest coping mechanism. What could Isaac do, though? Dragging the info out of her kicking and screaming would just make it worse. "Guess that's fair," he conceded, walking back towards Shiver's side. The Wishiwashi school shot him a curious look.[break][break]

Even as he excused himself, he found himself lingering at the water's edge. "I'm just glad to see you're okay, Councilwoman." Isaac's voice was quiet, a softer edge dulling the usual Rocket grizzle. "I was worried."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2023 9:26:45 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

(Set sometime Late July)

Funny that Isaac should look for the Steelix that recognized him. When it was the very same Mega Steelix that was growling. Perhaps it was simply down to a shoddy memory or could it perhaps be the emotional turmoil of its trainer affecting its perception?

Whatever it may be it did no more than growl and appear as large as possible. It recognized Isaac enough for the growls to be empty threats.

Ever wise as Isaac was he put some distance between the two. Elinor appreciated this right until he began to talk once more. And that’s when she found her right hand clutching at her heart as Isaac jabbed a metaphorical longsword into her heart.

“I guess the news hasn’t spread yet.” She found herself mumbling through heavy pained breaths. She supposed he might as well hear it from her then and so she spoke with a louder voice.

“Don’t call me that anymore. I am no longer on the council.”

She dropped the bomb with all the elegance of a waltzing Snorlax.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2023 5:15:58 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac would be lying if he said he kept the closest tabs on who was on the council. It was the title itself that worried him more than any individual seat. Could one's will truly be their own, when they had to tow a line held by lobbyists, party lines, and Silphs? Perhaps that meant his knowledge of them was woefully undercooked.[break][break]

Needless to say, it was a shock when Elinor announced her new role (or, rather, lack thereof.)[break][break]

Had the pressure become too much for her? Did she find it nigh-impossible to stand against an enemy who had so badly broken her down? Or did her suffering come from a more unexpected source, one a little closer to home? Had the machine tested her might and, in her current state, found it wanting?[break][break]

The poor woman looked, and sounded, broken. A part of Isaac hated being here to witness it. Another part of him, afraid of what could happen next, refused to leave her behind.[break][break]

"Elinor." It felt weird saying her name. He was Blackjack. She was the Councilwoman. To use her name while she was deprived of his almost seemed like cheating. "What happened?"[break][break]

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 15:54:09 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

(Set sometime Late July)

She felt a rising tremble alongside an annoying itch, the latter, a reminder of a horrible time. To quiet both she moved her arms into embracing herself, clinging tightly, almost too tightly, while trying to compose herself somewhat.

Blackjack offered a caring question. Some part of Elinor didn’t want to respond, didn’t want to let the truth out. If she allowed it to get out it would mean she could deny it no longer. She could no longer hide it behind wanton destruction of wildlife habitat.

And yet to Elinor’s ears the care in which Blackjack had weaponized against her was tantalizing. She couldn’t resist it.

“They -" Dahlia Goode “- Decided that I was no longer meeting their expectations and no longer had need of me.” With the words out in the open it felt like a tension had been eased, even if she still felt the horrible hungry void in her heart.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 16:08:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"They what?"[break][break]

Isaac was never the biggest Council lover out there. But this? This sunk below even his lowered expectations of them. The woman who stood before him had spent weeks enduring torture under Rocket's custody. The only thing that kept her going, outside of sheer spite, was the knowledge that she couldn't succumb and fail her people.[break][break]

They may have stood on opposite sides, but Isaac saw red nonetheless.[break][break]

"You're fucking kidding me." She had to be. Isaac refused to believe even the Council could be so callous. "What? Did you miss a few too many meetings while literally being tortured? You should be getting a paid break to Alola. Not fucking . . . this![break][break]

Tension pounded the island like the great waves that surrounded its shores. Isaac did his best to try and calm down, but even as he quieted outrage bled through his voice. "Next, you're gonna tell me they handed you that pink slip in the middle of your rescue."[break][break]

Oh. He didn't know.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 18:44:46 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

(Set sometime Late July)

Isaac’s reaction came as expected. And admittedly it made her feel better to know that someone thought it as unfair as she did.

While she wanted to make a joke out of Isaac’s Alola comment, the overwhelming emotional pain did not offer her even the energy to think of a jest.

His quiet outrage seething through the voice urged her on to speak. "What rescue?" Elinor questioned rhetorically. "The League didn't rescue me, they didn't want to take the risk nor invest the resources it would take."

"If it hadn't been for Lars, Callan, and plenty of others going against the wishes of the League I'd still be stuck in a Rocket Cell." There had been plenty of others too, but those were the two names her mind deviated toward.

She took a deep breathe, trying to calm her anger somewhat, yet at the same time immediately beginning to prod at it against as she spoke further. “But looking away from that. The League might as well have. They gave me what? Less than a month? To deal with the trauma –” she felt the trauma fueled itch on her arms eagerly requesting attention. “- Before returning to work full time.”

But maybe that was what she should’ve been able to do.

Teeth clenched as she spoke. “But I suppose they might’ve been right in their decision. Hoenn won’t wait for my recovery… It’s my fault that I wasn’t recovering quickly enough.”

She didn’t know what was worth, the anger at the League for their inhumane decision or the fact she felt herself slowly starting to rationalize that they were right.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 19:12:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"You're fucking kidding me."[break][break]

Risks? Investments? Resources? Elinor was a councilwoman! If they weren't going to bust their asses for her, who were they going to bust their asses for? What happened to the prisoners Rocket took, the lost souls they seduced under their sway, the entire city they let rot in Rocket's hands? Were they just fucked? What would happen to ?[break][break]

What would happen to ?[break][break]

Isaac knew now that he was well and truly on his own. He couldn't just find where Caleb was held and go snitch to the League. If he was going to be rescuing his brother in arms, it was going to have to be with his own two hands. What was once a rescue mission had now become a suicide mission. So be it. If he was to die at the hands of this world, may it at least be for something worthwhile.[break][break]

If Isaac was being honest, he didn't know the answers to the bigger questions at play here. Was the Hoenn region too hectic, too chaotic, to wait for its people to heal? Without a doubt. Was the League right to fire Elinor if she couldn't do her duty? Maybe. Maybe not. Were they right to abandon her to her fate? Not in the slightest. But then Elinor had to go and imply it was her fault for not being good enough after her own League abandoned her, and that Isaac refused to abide by.[break][break]

"Bullshit."[break][break]

"There's only one fault here, and it sure as shit isn't yours." Seeing the woman who once stood so proud and confident reduced to crumpling over and scratching her arms, her voice heavy with fear and self-loathing . . . Isaac's gut turned as he imagined what could have even gotten her to this point.[break][break]

How many of the people he loved were involved?[break][break]

"They always do this." Bitterness bled into Isaac's voice. "Break everything they can get their hands on, then point at the cracks and go "actually, its your fault." I can't believe I let myself get suckered in by that shit . . ."[break][break]

How many of the injustices the League committed came from their brinksmanship with Rocket? How many divides in the region were, if not created wholesale by Rocket, worsened by their efforts? How much of what he accused the League of, used as evidence against them, had been Rocket's fault in the first place? Yet it had done its job, because here the League stood, clearly far, far worse for wear.[break][break]

"And then the League just . . . let it happen!" The frustration in Isaac's voice swirled into a tornado of anguish and rage. "Maybe you wouldn't need all this time off if they actually did their jobs and had your back in the first place. Fucking Arceus, its like the longer this war goes on, the worse everyone gets."[break][break]

That was just what Rocket wanted, wasn't it? Did the League even know they were being lead around by the nose?[break][break]

He found himself drawing closer to Elinor, two lost souls questioning their faith.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 19:33:03 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

(Set sometime Late July)

Oh if only Isaac knew what he was fighting against. For all his words of encouragement, there were years of childhood manipulation chaining her down. She hadn’t even noticed the metaphorical chains yet, or perhaps it was the very sensation of comforting familiarity the chains provided that she was accepting in this moment of vulnerability.

While Isaac’s Talk-no-Jutsu did not manage to penetrate fully, she managed to feel a whiff of the sentiments it carried and latched on to it with her metaphorical hands.

“Right, sure I might have made it a bit too easy for Rocket to capture me, but The League should not even have allowed me on the battlefield that day!” Sure she would’ve gone all the same, but they should’ve TRIED to stop her.

They had not.

This admittance and redirection seemed to ease her mind a bit, so much in fact that it was noticeable for all the steel and rock beasts around them. They eased, letting Isaac come closer. The shine of the Mega evolution fading as time moved on.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 19:52:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"It feels like they need all hands on deck these days," Isaac admitted. Was putting their entire government on the frontlines of a war insanity? Yes. Were the Council some of the strongest trainers in the Hoenn region, and therefore needed for the warfront? Apparently, also yes. "Arceus knows I hate seeing the Rangers on the frontlines, too. But I don't think the League feels like they can turn down anyone's help."[break][break]

Their army, their officers, their Rangers, their Gym Leaders, their Elite 4, even their government. Everyone had been down in Dewford, and yet Rocket still managed to take the Seal Stone for themselves. Rocket was too small to win a war, but they were ruthless enough, focused enough, and flat-out underestimated enough to win any battle they could pick on their terms.[break][break]

"But if they're gonna make a choice like that, they need to be responsible for it." That, more than anything, was what pissed Isaac off. The League couldn't just throw everything at a wall, see what stuck, and go "oh no, anyway" when it blew up in their faces. "They owe you."[break][break]

Just like they owed everyone too stubborn or too bereft of options to leave Sootopolis. Just like they owed everyone their systems had failed, sending them right into Rocket's arms. Just like they owed themselves, because even as he raged against them Isaac knew this wasn't how the League council wanted this all to go.[break][break]

"But if they're not gonna make good on it, then we're gonna need to pick up the pieces ourselves."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Trash (social)
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 16:15:05 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

(Set sometime Late July)

Did he have a Point? Yes. Was it a good point? Perhaps. Did it make her feel any better? No. But at last the point he made was quickly swept away with a grand statement, one in which she heartily agreed.

The League Owed her. And deep down a small voice reassured her that she would collect on the debt in due time.

But for now all the answer Elinor would offer her would-be therapist would be “I suppose we do.” A meek nod, a deep breathe, an attempt at calming down the fires of rage and sadness that held her heart tightly.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]