awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
FRIAR'S FUNNEL
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2023 7:40:50 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

The table they had managed to find wasn't all that bad, Remiel supposed. It was smack dab in front of a small performance stage where a local LAVARIDGE magician was starting his show, however. Usually, having something of a front-row seat to such a show (on accident, no less) was a great thing. But the royal had intended to use this time to cover a somewhat sensitive topic with , so it seemed a little too distracting as the magician in question pulled a BUNEARY out of his hat.

Then again, he was about to cover such a topic over a sugar-coated funnel cake with strawberry jam topping that they both shared. The setting, overall, did not align with the subject matter he was about to present. So they would simply have to make do.

With his GREEN APPLIN, HERSCHEL (who'd she'd met prior at his estate and vineyard), strapped to his chest in a baby carrier, Remiel has to carefully reach into his pack before pulling out a small lockbox. And the moment Freya catches sight of it, he knows she realizes what is inside. So he sets it down on the table, instantly drawing the attention of his Applin's cartoonish yellow eyes, before gently sliding it forward to occupy the center of the table beside the funnel cake.

"Though I figured it would be nice to catch up, this is the main reason I called you out here to meet me." The exiled prince admits with a hesitant smile. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it sooner. As a matter of fact, it was only smuggled out of SOOTOPOLIS last night." From an old safehouse of his, in fact. And the smuggler in question had nearly been captured and killed by Team Rocket. But she didn't need to know all that.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Watch a carnival performance

[break][break]
FRIAR'S FUNNEL + ♔
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
FRIAR'S FUNNEL
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 14:31:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the first time freya had met remiel, she had been an entirely different person. touch-starved and feral, mind still clouded by her own broken once-wases. emaciated from a journey that had threatened to undo her, blind to her betrayal of self. 

he'll no doubt notice the ease in which she sits. her eyes no longer dart about, planning escape. her cheeks are fuller, eyes brighter. her exhaustion is still there, drawn around her eyes and the flat of her lips, but that's to be expected. 

she does not hate him for what he was, or what he's done. the news broke internally and she had paused briefly while reading the documents, coffee on its way to her lips, and her first thought had been a selfish one. by defecting, remiel had made himself a target, and he still had the morningstar library in his possession. 

there are matters she wants to discuss with him. but those fly to the wayside for now when he produces a lockbox. its metal is scratched, corroded around the edges from years of existing in sootopolis' bluffs. etched into the metal are stars; on its lid, the cycle of the moon. she always thought it odd. the morningstar insignia is the sun. 

her hand goes to her pocket. she withdraws her keys, tucking aside her key to her shared flat with and over to a smaller one. it fits neatly in the box and with a soft click, the lid opens. 

inside is a silver crescent moon. a moonstone fitted at its center looks blue in the lighting, shifting to a soft eggshell white as she draws it out. the leather cord slips over her fingers as she thumbs the jewelry. 

"thank you," she says, looking thoughtful.

the magician before them starts up with a card trick. his buneary assistant scampers about the tables, scouting for some kid to drag onstage.

"i haven't seen this in years, to be quite honest with you." when she took the morningstar name, with it came the crest, forged in plated silver, that fits as a choker on her neck. "it's the only thing my birth parents left me. you may find the box interesting, though. there's draconic inscribed there." which isn't abnormal for an item that had once belonged to the morningstars. 

she tucks the pendant back inside and turns it to face remiel. 

"how has your transition been? since your defection?" the words are spoken plainly, without any animosity. 
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
FRIAR'S FUNNEL
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 9:37:18 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

The that he'd first met was a shadow compared to the one that sat across from him now. Remiel was tempted to ask what had transpired since they'd last seen each other but was wary to do so. The woman always seemed guarded about her personal affairs, after all. And with good reason, after everything she had been through.

Even after she's opened the jewelry box to reveal the proverbial olive branch within, Remiel doesn't push it. This was simply an act of good faith towards the recently announced COUNCILWOMAN, and he wouldn't spoil it by expecting anything out of it. Arceus forbid the likes of the LEAGUE to take it as any sort of bribe.

Nevertheless, the exiled prince smiles when he sees her reunited with that little family heirloom. As an independent archaeologist, this sort of thing was one of his guilty pleasures— though it was exceedingly rare, given the fact that most of the things he unearthed usually belonged to a people long since dead. "I'm happy to have had a part in placing it back in your hands."

Herschel fidgets in his baby carrier as he endeavors to get a closer look at the inscription Freya points out afterward. Remiel can see and read it just fine, however, and marvels at the intricate linework. When the conversation shifts to his defection, however, some color dissipates from that once fascinated expression.

"I'm not one to complain," He starts with a sigh, his hues of cobalt blue briefly flitting away to look at the magician's show nearby. "And I certainly have no right to. But I can't help but feel it's been too long without being trusted to do anything... you know? I'd like the chance to prove my loyalties."

His gaze shifts back to Freya, gauging her expression. There had been no venom in her voice when she'd brought the topic up. For all intents and purposes, she seemed understanding. But he couldn't fathom why.

"Anyway, that's part of the reason I've begun talks with the RANGERS about a proper AMNESTY PROGRAM. There are others who have defected as well, after all, and they all need the proper infrastructure to facilitate their transition with safety precautions in place."

[break][break]
FRIAR'S FUNNEL + ♔
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,662 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
FRIAR'S FUNNEL
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 22:40:07 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

his expression falls. it's a delicate subject. she understands. one might argue the middle of a fairgrounds isn't the time to talk about a rocket's defection, but she holds a disdain for the sterile walls of her office. and the stuffy demeanors that inevitably come with it. 

blue tilts away from her but she stares after him, analyzing his face, a frown forming on her own lips. 

"pardon my bluntness, but i think you're overstepping your position here." the magician fumbles a card trick and the crowd holds their breath anxiously, secondhand embarrassment sweeping through every table around them. that evaporates just as quickly though, as the ruse is tossed in the spotlight; the buneary he'd pulled out of his hat earlier coughs up the card in question. 

"i agree with you that the program should be adopted by the rangers, but such measures are already being carried out under the purview of - a reliable ranger with years of experience and an unquestionable loyalty to the league." she tilts her head. "do you plan on joining the rangers as well? to go through the same program you'd ask of others?"

her tone is harsh, but it still lacks any edge of accusation. "that would be the easiest way to prove your loyalty. i've found the league's most loyal are followers, remiel. not leaders."
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,534 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
FRIAR'S FUNNEL
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 8:41:54 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar

The magician's act nearby may hope to capture his awe and attention as it continues, but Remiel's attention is fixed firmly on Freya as the tone of the conversation abruptly shifts. Bluntness was something he welcomed, as with it came honesty. Though, lately, he felt as if the whole world had taken him up on that welcoming attitude.

"I don't presume to have any 'position' at all, Freya." The royal calmly responds as he tents his hands upon the table. "I'm simply offering my input as someone being processed in the current system— and I'm certainly not alone." Between his arms, his Applin's bright yellow eyes perk up as if he's realized what they're talking about.

"It's rather fitting that you should mention that, however. Would you like to know how I came to find out about any such program? I visited the ranger headquarters on a whim to volunteer my services. It was there I found out had been assisted with his transition thanks to the likes of and others. I didn't learn of this through an established League channel. I wasn't reached out to by any sort of ranger representative. I didn't even learn about it through a recommendation. This information was all garnered on a whim, Freya. How many defectors do you think have passed by under the radar since then? How many have been forced to fend for themselves with much less resources than I?"

Oddly enough, he felt the shred of ADMIN FOX that remained within him come to life at that moment. A shepherd still tending to his lost flock from the great beyond, perhaps? A general looking after his own?

No...

Freya was right.

His days of leading were over.

But that didn't mean there wasn't much to be done.

Nearby, the magician acts menacingly as he pulls a hacksaw out of his cape, approaching a helpless volunteer whom he'd managed to convince to enter a wooden coffin. The volunteer's legs stick out from the box and dangle there while their head endeavors to stay up on the other side. Before long, the act continues with gasps and a single scream.

"I've met with and I've no doubt in his abilities to help correct this. In fact, he and a few others have convinced me to join the rangers myself. But that does not negate the fact that input from the defectors themselves is an important aspect of reforming this program into something streamlined with more outreach. After all, can't say he's ever personally experienced tearing himself away from the clutches of TEAM ROCKET. Can you?"

[break][break]
FRIAR'S FUNNEL + ♔
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
FRIAR'S FUNNEL
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 23:43:01 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD END!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: