110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2023 5:54:27 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Just because the HOLONITE could explain how a lot of the literal smoke and mirrors in this place worked, it didn't mean he was able to navigate them any easier. The HOUSE OF MIRRORS had always served to confound him. Rather than traumatize him, however, Audric had always found it to be a welcome challenge.

Despite the lack of prizes for clearing it, getting LOST in this place was somewhat exciting. At least until the tiny JOLTIK on his shoulder decided to jump off and explore on its own. "Tch. C'mere, MICHI. Stay on me, okay?" He gently scolds the spider, reaching out to grab it... before his hand finds nothing but the cold flat surface of a mirror.

"... Wait."

He turns and finds the Joltik again. When he reaches out to grab it, however... another mirror. Seeing this, the Joltik decides to bounce off the glass and try to regroup with its trainer on its own terms. But it, too, finds itself landing on another mirror. "Wait, stop moving! You're only making this more confusing!"

Whoever finds him now might think he's talking to himself and spinning in circles for no reason.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Get lost in the house of mirrors
[break][break]
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT + 🍁
OPEN

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
Timendi causa est nescire. Ignorance is the cause of fear.
awards
218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 22:26:25 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Julien assumed the House of Mirrors would be easy to navigate as long as he had one of his trusted hunting dogs at his side. Unfortunately, the overwhelming barrage of smells, combined with the disorienting mirrors, only confused Lucilla even more. The Houndour whined as they turned a corner and ran into yet another dead end.[break][break]

With a sigh, Julien turned right back around. "So much for that treat I promised you," he told his Pokémon. "At this rate, we'll die before we make it out."[break][break]

Despite the deadpan delivery, a smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth.[break][break]

Sudden yelling drew his attention away from their predicament. Julien and Lucilla followed the noise until they came upon a young man trapped in a circle of mirrors, spinning around with increasing panic.[break][break]

"Lost?" Julien asked, amusement coming through his tone. "We are, too."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.julien1]--accent:#BBD1EA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.julien1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
break the rules in beautiful ways
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 6:44:07 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Audric turns to regard the stranger and his HOUNDOUR with a somewhat embarrassed look. "What? No. I mean, yes, I'm lost. But that's not the issue right now haha." He explains, abashedly rubbing the back of his neck. "I seem to have misplaced my Joltik. Or rather... he seems to have gotten himself lost."

He continues to look around for the micro-sized Pokémon afterward, then sighs when he realizes it probably isn't in his vicinity anymore. "I knew we should have played the MAGIKARP FISHING GAME instead... would you happen to have something like a treat to lure it out?" He inquires. "I left my honey pot at home."

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Involve or reference a Magikarp Fishing Game
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 11:47:55 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Hmm, a misplaced Joltik…" Julien mused aloud. He reached into a pocket and pulled out a small, round object. It fit comfortably in the palm of his hand and boasted several holes in its top, surrounding a small button.[break][break]

"No honey pot, but I have this incense I obtained as a prize from the Dugtrio Ring Toss. Perhaps this will lure out your Pokémon."[break][break]

He handed it to the younger man.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.julien1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".julien1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 20:54:45 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

"Yes! That would work perfectly, thank you." Audric brightens, gladly taking the offered INCENSE before crouching down in the mirrored hallway. "We just need a little whiff... Michi should be able to catch it." He mutters, opening the incense can slightly. "Though Joltik smell with their pedipalps, so who knows..."

Just then he receives a soft beep of notification from his phone. He pulls it out to see a PokéSnap from a friend wondering how his experience at the carnival is going. Rather quickly, Audric snaps a selfie with the incense and the mirrors in the background. Then he replies with 'SPIDER-HUNTING #FUNTASTIA' before sending it away.

"Sorry about that," He says, looking back up at the man. "My name is by the way. Thanks again for—" Just then, his tiny Joltik appears on his shoulder and cheers. Audric smiles, then grabs the incense can, closes it, and hands it back to the man.

"I owe you a treat. Wanna get out of here?"

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Share your Carnival experience on a social media under #Funtasia
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 21:02:20 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"," the Kalosian said in turn, introducing himself.[break][break]

Before long, the Joltik appeared and returned to her master's shoulder. Julien took the incense back and pocketed it, nodding in agreement with the plan. "Let's."[break][break]

They eventually made their way through the House of Mirrors, following the carpet stained with the dirt of a hundred footprints that had traversed through the attraction before. Stepping out into the fresh air and light, Julien breathed a sigh of relief.[break][break]

He turned to his new acquaintance. "What sort of treat were you thinking, Audric? I'm not much of a fan of sweets."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 21:18:08 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

"Not a fan of sweets, huh..." Audric mutters in thought as his eyes readjust to the sunlight outside of the HOUSE OF MIRRORS. Navigating it had been easy enough with both of their brainpower. They had a very methodical way of rooting out the dead-ends and advancing.

"Oh, how about a corn dog?" He suggests, pointing at a vendor stall nearby. "I hear they make them with all kinds of cheeses these days." The Joltik on its shoulder seems to cheer with its little mandibles.

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Successfully find your way through the house of mirrors
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 21:45:33 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

A corn dog. A greasy, fatty, fried, carb-heavy option.[break][break]

Julien suppressed a grimace. "That's fine."[break][break]

They joined the short queue, Lucilla pawing with mild impatience at the ground. While they waited, Julien scanned their surroundings with mild curiosity. His gaze lingered on a tug-of-war contest happening nearby before he turned once more to regard Audric.[break][break]

"So what do you do, Audric, besides get lost in a maze of mirrors?" Julien asked, curiosity about the young man overcoming his disdain for small talk.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 22:07:14 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Audric nods in response to Julien as they get in line, though the phrase doesn't inspire excitement.

Nevertheless, he doubted they would find much else better than a corn dog. Anything that wasn't sweet, anyway. "They deep fry everything here..." He mutters, glancing at a nearby stall as the vendor there dipped a basket of Oreos in pancake batter.

When prompted with a question, however, the black-haired lad turns right back to his present company. "I'm a wildlife biologist and a ranger with VERDANTURF," He answers, turning to show the man the patch on his shoulder. "I navigate forests much better than I do a House of Mirrors, though. I promise." He smiles.

After sparing a moment to step forward, and admiring the cute Houndour by the man's side all the while, Audric continues. "How about you?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 22:27:06 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Those sound like occupations that marry well together," Julien noted as they reached the front of the line. "I'm in politics, myself. I work at the Kalosian embassy in Ever Grande."[break][break]

He saw no need to specify that he was the ambassador. It felt akin to the unnecessary flaunting his peers among the Kalosian nobility loved so much. Anyway, if Audric wished to look him up, he'd learn the truth quickly.[break][break]

Julien ordered his corn dog, paid the seller, and stepped aside so that Audric could take his turn. As he did this, he tore off a chunk of the steaming hot snack and fed it to Lucilla. The Houndour gobbled it down eagerly.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 22:45:43 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

"Oh, nice. You look like the type to work there, actually. Very well dressed." Audric compliments his companion as their place in line advances once more. "I'm afraid I don't know much about politics here, though. I'm from... well, I'm not from here. Not originally."

Why the secrecy?

He didn't care to draw attention to the fact that he was an ASYLUM SEEKER from the colony on HOLON. But, if Julien looked him up within whatever database he had at his disposal as the KALOSIAN AMBASSADOR, he would likely easily find out anyway. It wasn't exactly confidential knowledge. And there had even been a newspaper article about it some years ago.

When the vendor asks for a payment for Julien's corn dog, stepping in and insisting on purchasing it himself is distraction enough, thankfully. "My treat, remember?" The ranger grins, buying a canned soda for himself.

But that grin dissolves when he sees Julien feed it to his Houndour. "Haha... she really likes it, huh? I have a HOUNDOOM myself. What's her name?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

he / him
December 28
Snowbelle City, Kalos
heteroflexible
ambassador
Rocket-adjacent
6'2" / 188 cm height
6'2" / 188 cm height
awards
218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @julien
Julien Demassieux
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 22:55:41 GMT
Julien Demassieux Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","julien1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Why the secrecy indeed. Julien noted Audric's reticence to reveal his hometown, but did not press after it. A man was entitled to his privacy, after all.[break][break]

"I understand. I'm not from here, either." And that was that.[break][break]

Julien stood and took a bite of the rest of his corn dog. The taste was far too greasy for his liking, but Audric had paid for it, so he did the polite thing: he chewed and swallowed.[break][break]

"Her name is Lucilla, and she's one of my prized hunting dogs," he explained, pride evident in his tone and the way he looked at the Pokémon. "He's been a loyal companion for many years."[break][break]

A ping from his phone caught Julien's attention. Checking it, he saw a text from his assistant.[break][break]

"If you'll excuse me, Audric, I have some work matters to address." He offered the other man a smile in farewell. "It was nice meeting you. And thank you for the corn dog."[break][break]

Signaling for Lucilla to follow, Julien departed from the other man's side, making his way around a long line for the Tauros Rodeo game. Within moments, he vanished into the crowd and out of sight.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 23:06:43 GMT
Audric Black Avatar

Lucilla.

What a nice name for a Houndour. And, to the standards of the HKC (Hoennian Kennel Club), Audric could clearly see that she was an exceptional specimen. However, he always weirded people out when he said the word 'specimen' out loud. He personally didn't think it was demeaning but to each their own he supposed.

Just then, Julien receives a phone notification of his own. It isn't long after that he announces his departure. Audric nods in understanding. "Yeah, no problem! It was nice meeting you, too." He smiles, waving the politician and his Houndour goodbye as his Joltik does the same on his shoulder.

"That was a pretty random encounter, right?" Audric remarks to Michi, opening the can of soda with a hiss. "Who'd have thought I'd meet a politician in a House of Mirrors. I always thought they'd be too busy raising funds for campaigns or something like that."

FIN

PROMPT CLEARED!

✔️ Complete a carnival thread
[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,978 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
REFLECTION ROUNDABOUT
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 5:05:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: