Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 12:42:37 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

There’s about thirty things he’d rather be doing than swimming through the bowels of a god. Back up top, there’s funnel cakes and deep fried oreos with his name all over them. There’s a merry go round with a rapidash on it. The rides are to die for. Yet here he is, having prepped traps near the rifts leading down here. Somewhere in this sea swims a rat. Navy and Isaac can flush him out, send him scurrying back up top, get this settled.[break][break]
Maybe something will still be open by the time they’re done. Arceus knows this place is open for business 24/7. Looming far above, swimming through bare air, a flock of angels glow gently against the darkness. None of them seem interested in Navy or Isaac for the moment. The sheriff counts his blessings.[break][break]
You know, don’t think I’ve asked, what kinda Pokemon do you like?” Navy asks Isaac to pass the time. He’s donned his sygna suit. It helps with the immense pressure of this place. Without his suit on, it feels like he’s on the brink of drowning. Air filtered into his lungs, but never comfortably. At last, thanks to the power of science, he can breathe again.[break][break]
I like dragons, quick ones, and warriors personally.” Perhaps he, too, is growing numb to the dangers of the region. When he first stepped foot into this place, he was terrified. Blood flits through open air. Pokemon that more resemble monsters than cute mascots lurk just out of sight.[break][break]
Yet they all retreat when they hear the black dragon coming. Vortigern lumbers around Navy. His footsteps are heavy, digging into the sand beneath his feet. Both trainers are dwarfed by the Pokemon. He sniffs the air, scanning for signs of humanity.[break][break]
Guess he doesn’t like anyone messing around in his cave.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2023 14:20:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Arceus, why'd I keep leaving this thing at home?"[break][break]

Okay, perhaps that wasn't fair. During most of his trips to the Ultra Wilds, he hadn't even scrounged up the resources to commission his Sygna Suit. It wasn't until Galar that he'd actually managed to make it happen. Sure, there was his latest trip "with" , but that was different. Sometimes, you just needed to stare into the heart of darkness unprotected to find the amswers you needed.[break][break]

That was what Isaac thought, at least. Feeling Infinite Energy ebb through his suit and keep the stale, musty air of the Ultra Deep Sea at bay was a revelation. Last he was here, he had to breach in and out of the rifts like a Wailord seeking the surface just so he could clear his head of hateful whispers and intrusive thoughts. Now, even in this fresh hell, he was pristine.[break][break]

"Y'know? I never really thought about that one." Right now, that clear head was thinking about Pokemon. It was the damndest thing. For how ever-present they were in everyone's lives, Isaac felt like he never actually sat down to talk about them. Individuals? Of course. Pokemon as a whole? Almost never.[break][break]

"Sometimes, I feel like every time I've got my Type figured out, it switches up on me," he admitted. From the towering Aggron to the tiny, spunky Totodile. From the well-known, well-loved Lucario to the strange and obscure Dhelmise. From utilitarians like Rotom and Ditto to powerhouses like Dragonite. "At this point, I dunno if I can even choose."[break][break]

"Guess that means my type's variety. Being unpredictable. Like a box of chocolates, if a box of chocolates could kick your ass."[break][break]

He was the wild card. Navy was Old Reliable. Together, they'd make for a hell of a pair as they stalked in his great dragon's wake. There was no sign of their mark yet, but Isaac knew it'd only be a matter of time. There was no chance in hell some grifter knew how to properly navigate this place.[break][break]

"Funny. You'd think he'd be more open, if only so he could scope out new customers." Maybe that was what Big Top was for, back in town. He did the marketing so his supplier didn't need to risk his own ass. "Think he got a tip-off? Or did he see us coming somehow?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 8:22:15 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It’s the downside of being famous.Famous. That word tastes strange on his tongue. Were he alone, he’d repeat it a few times. Enunciate the word, sound it out, tease every syllable. They’ve put him in front of television screens, written tabloids about what he was doing with Melody, deemed him the hero of the hour.[break][break]
All it really does is get in the way of his job.[break][break]
Guy probably saw me from a distance. Knew he didn’t have time to get out. Now, he’s hiding in here somewhere.” The Ultra Sea is, after all, a sea. It rises high above them. The seafloor is dotted with little caverns and grottos.[break][break]
Rocket comes here sometimes, try as I might to stop ‘em. They’ve got little hidey holes all over. Hell, I think a few of them have used my base.” Were this anywhere else, he’d sound bitter about that. Even if his worst enemy, the faceless Rocket who killed his brother, were to arrive at his base, Navy would offer them shelter. No one deserves to die here. No one.[break][break]
Point is…he’s probably hoping we’ll just miss the right hole.” Voyager barks up ahead. Vortigern’s face lifts. The great land shark smells blood in the water. He takes off, quick as lightning and love at first sight.[break][break]
He moves faster than anything that large should. Vortigern should be a slow, ponderous beast, but he’s fast. Navy senses the thrill running through Vortigern’s soul. It thrills him, too. Battle, hunts, being here with Isaac on an adventure. This place no longer scares him.[break][break]
Ahead, an angel stands in defense of a cave. Dead things fight it. Sightless ghosts of Pokemon killed in the last battle stand here as testament to the folly of mankind. A towering Tyrantrum, once some trainer’s pride and joy, opens its jaws to bite.[break][break]
Vortigern takes out its great leg in one bite, ripping the limb like he’s taking a toy from a child. The other Pokemon accompanying the great beast turn to face Isaac and Navy, unnaturally smooth. Their movements are silk. They float towards Isaac, the tamed and fallen angel forgotten. They promise him the same thing Eternatus gave them, a home in him.[break][break]
Showtime.” The Sheriff says, unmoved.

[break][break]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 23:35:03 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Seems to me like Hoenn's a region where the smart play's keeping your head down." Isaac spend 5 years as a nobody vagabond, and somehow managed to avoid getting sucked into any of the chaos of the Hoenn region in that time. He gets cursed with knowledge one time? Suddenly, he's in the thick of things day in and day out.[break][break]

"But, fuck it." A small, defiant grin spread across Isaac's face. "That ain't gonna stop us, is it?"[break][break]

If Isaac wasn't already notorious enough, what he was about to do would make him Rocket's public enemy number one. There was quiet quitting. There was making a betrayal with the League's backing and security. And then there was whatever the fuck Isaac was planning on doing. He knew there was no chance in hell this would go well for him, but he refused to let it stop him.[break][break]

It didn't surprise him that Rocket kept a few hidey-holes around in the Ultra Deep Sea. Frankly, it wouldn't have surprised him if the League was doing the same. To these factions, the Wilds weren't wonders to explore or dangers to avoid. They were just another resource to exploit without a shred of mercy.[break][break]

What Isaac wouldn't give to see this war come to an end. A shame there was only one way that would ever happen.[break][break]

Oh well. No more time for thinking. Navy's dragon smelled action. Isaac hustled to keep pace with the sheriff and his Pokemon. Their thrill infectious. So was the tension that flowed through this region's blood. It was a contrast that gnawed at the back of Isaac's mind, the worst of it suppressed by the stoic aura of his Sygna Suit.[break][break]

His hesitance was not lost on the Nihilego that drifted through this realm. They approached Isaac, their mere presence enough to send whispers through his mind. He had such pain left untreated. He had such strength left unused. He had such ambitions left unreached. Perhaps, with their help, he could be so, so much more.[break][break]

Isaac scowled. He didn't need them. Everything he needed was right here.[break][break]

Out from behind him charged his Rhyhorn, Rampage. Her horn began spinning like a drill as she charged right towards the largest of the Nihilego. They were fearsome creatures, but a direct Drill Run would splatter them all the same.[break][break]

Off of her back leaped a second Pokemon, the one bearing the same Sygna Suit that protected Isaac through his journey in this realm. Neo's body glowed like a tiny comet as she careened into the ground, kicking up Earthquake waves to try and push any other gathered Nihilego away. Her pale, blue eyes narrowed, a tense and direct message sent directly to the invaders.[break][break]

If they didn't scatter, things were gonna have to get ugly.

[break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2023 12:04:44 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

This place and its monsters dwell outside of common sense. Survival would dictate they scatter. Dead things and angels in loyal service alike could better serve their lord elsewhere. Instead, they choose to serve him in whatever passes for true death under the sea. A tentacled stinger slaps Vortigern across the cheek. Navy winces as he, too feels the pain. Sygna suits are cursed like that. People always focus on the good, never the bad. Never shared hunger, pain, loss, lust, resentment.[break][break]
All Vortigern feels when he turns to look at the Nihilego is joy. Joy that he can slaughter without reproach. He too is a creature that defies common sense, just as he defies another injury as the earthquake hits him. His powerful jaws break clean through the outer shell of the Nihilego. He sups upon its innards, tosses them away. Dead things jump upon his back. He rips them off, throws them at Rampage with intent to impale his foe upon the Pokemon’s nose.[break][break]
Rip. Tear. Kill. Assert. Kill, kill, kill.[break][break]
Vortigern is not a being for higher thought. Higher thought is beneath a dragon. Techniques are beneath him. What use are techniques for the strong? He crushes these agents of a false god, as is his right.[break][break]
Looks like our man’s trying to get away.” The man they are after, as a creature of common sense, senses the writing on the wall. More creatures are coming. They’ve alerted the angels and they hum their songs. Dead things will swarm them. Maybe, he prays, Isaac and Navy will be overwhelmed. He can sneak out the back.[break][break]
Fat chance.[break][break]
I say we leave some guys outside to hold off the horde and march in with our sygna Pokemon.”[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2023 2:49:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Rampage may not have been as frenzied as Navy's great beast, but she was quite territorial and protective. Isaac was Hers, Neo was Hers, and anyone that was theirs became Hers by association. She didn't have the smarts to consider the existential threat these invaders from Ultra Space posed. She just knew they threatened those she cared about, and that meant they had to go.[break][break]

High minded philosophy. Base instincts. Her horn pierced their bubbled flesh all the same.[break][break]

With her taking the lead, Isaac and Neo were spared the worst of the Sygna Suit's backlash. In fact, come to think of it, they had yet to face it at all. Neo was still comparatively young. Her future forms would be bulwarks, but for now she tended to play support for larger, stronger frontliners. Quaking the earth and lobbing stones from afar, she was rarely in a position to be hurt.[break][break]

"So its more than just our hearts getting linked, huh?" Were it not for the tremendous power it unleashed, it would have almost seemed like a metaphor. Isaac should have known better than to think Infinite Energy could be so straightforward. "Guess that'll be something for us to keep in mind, eh Neo?"

Isaac made a silent promise to keep himself out of harm's way for her sake.[break][break]

It'd be easier said than done. Their mark was drawing deeper into the cave, and that meant it was time to give chase. Otherwise, they'd be buried in Ultra Beasts before they could even find the chance to escape. "Leave it to me," Isaac said, drawing a trio of Pokeballs from his belt.[break][break]

Sidon's presence was a familiar one by now. The Garchomp settled into a fighting stance, flashing Isaac and Navy a brilliant grin. Beside him were an old favorite and a new friend. "Omega," Isaac said first, nodding towards the shining Metagross. "You and Sidon hold back the tide. And Taranza-" The Ariados next to them, small and unassuming, perked up as his name was called.[break][break]

"Set a trap in case our mark gives us the run-around, alright?"[break][break]

Taranza let out his best attempt at a dignified squeak. He began spreading Sticky Webs and Toxic Thread across all available cave entrances, his efforts protected by a flurry of Meteor Mashes from Omega and a swirling Sand Tomb from Sidon. Isaac had no idea how long they could hold out for, even against the small, weak Nihilego they faced. He prayed a full strength one wouldn't rear its ugly head until they were done here.[break][break]

They'd have to work fast tonight.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2023 21:48:25 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

When your hearts sink up with something, a bit of them becomes yours. They get part of you that you’ll never get back.” Grim words, softened by an impassive tone. There are worse fates than this, or so the suit has taught him. “Not really a problem if you pick the right ‘mon. I’m sure you picked well.” He could sync with any of Vortigern’s brood, he reflects. There are softer creatures among the horde. Navy need look no further than the grinning creature Isaac has summoned.[break][break]
Vortigern dismisses his fellow Garchomp with disdain, turning away to skulk along through the cave. A low ceiling demands he hunch, not that the dragon minds. Navy calls out Roland, his Iron Valiant, along with Voyager the Arcanine and Shuwen the Urshifu. Together with Isaac’s troupe, they’ll make for an excellent defensive line.[break][break]
See what I’ve been dealing with?” He asks his partner in crime as they venture forth into the cave. It’s dark, but nothing that a flare won’t fix. Great thing about Pokemon battling, you have free hands.[break][break]
A dead thing jumps out at him from the dark. Navy doesn’t know which him it is at first, the human or the black dragon. Vortigern and his trainer slash through the darkness to their right in a perfect mirror of one another. Old, dry blood explodes along Vortigern’s fist, revealing the truth of who was attacked.[break][break]
It’s like this all over the place. Until League decided--- well, until just recent, it was even worse.” There’s probably no harm in spilling the beans to Isaac over the average civilian. He’s been through hell. He’s helping here. He deserves the truth.[break][break]
Still say Dewford’s the best place to live in Hoenn.” The quip numbs the older words in his mind. Reminds him there’s good things living in the light above. They just have to press on, find their informant, deal with a real threat.[break][break]
Sounds like the Nihilego our guy’s got isn’t a baby, to hear the grifter tell it.” A small warning to be prepared. This cave can only be so deep.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2023 14:28:40 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A part of him was given that he'll never get back.[break][break]

It was obvious here that Navy's words stretched beyond metaphor. After all, not every Pokemon on Isaac's team gave him psychic pains upon being hurt. Despite this, they rang true in the more abstract sense as well. Each Pokemon Isaac took under his care held a piece of his heart, a hundred shards entrusted to a hundred souls.[break][break]

"I picked the best there ever was." The true bearer of this Sygna Suit had died before she could ever share in it. Nevertheless, Isaac could feel her strength, her nobility, her endless willpower coursing through every band of armor. It was as if she was watching over Neo, the inheritor she never knew, and guiding her from afar.[break][break]

He and Neo's bond was far newer. She had been a gift from a dear friend, the two connecting almost as soon as they made eye contact with one another. Perhaps their meeting had been fate, the first and only time Isaac would entertain such a possibility. Despite her young age, time and time again she insisted on proving herself, often leaving Isaac in her wake.[break][break]

Finally, Isaac knew how it felt to be on the other side of his nonsense.[break][break]

Even as Vortigern and Navy struck into the darkness, the little Aron fought to prove herself. A Rock Tomb shot from all sides around her, stones whizzing past the sheriff and his enforcer. Rampage, for once, had to be the responsible adult, lifting her horn to keep Neo from waddling into the fray.[break][break]

As the living dead returned to being dead dead, Isaac wondered how things could have possibly been worse. "What changed?" he asked, taking care not to step in any carcass. "And what was it like before?"

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2023 8:12:43 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

I liked my steaks a little less raw.” He jokes, although the thought of a red steak does make him lick his lips. “I’m so damn mad all the time ever since I put this suit on. Mad at the League, mad at Rocket. It’s like no matter how hard I hit my fists against things, it’s never good enough.” He lets his guard down under the watchful eyes of the dragon. Vortigern avails himself of a choice dead morsel, freshly killed twice by his fangs.[break][break]
I used to be able to live with it.” A second admission, although he wonders how much of that is the dragon and how much is himself. Being here changes you. He tells people that constantly. Living in Hoenn is to see the extraordinary made plain. Everyone has teams of monsters that are the envy of young trainers everywhere. Legends walk the earth.[break][break]
Now I feel like I never do enough.” And there’s always so much more to do. Every day’s a new fight. Moments of peace, like the fair, are rare. Even if the world isn’t ending, there’s still so many micro problems that the big ticket fights seem almost a break.[break][break]
Vortigern grunts, signaling Navy. They find their man cowering behind his Nihilego. Navy wonders how confident he must have looked to the man up top, confident and pawning off eggs. There’s none of that here. Instead, his Nihilego sends back a wave of monsters with a blast of poisoned energy.[break][break]
Alright, bud. By the power invested in me, you’re under arrest.” Navy gets back into character. The stranger’s eyes turn to regard him and the blonde beside him.[break][break]
I ain’t coming easy.” He says, as if one Nihilego will be enough. His confidence proves to be at least a little more than hot air. Holding up a tera orb, the Nihilego soon dons a poisoned crown.[break][break]
Not much room to throw out Pokemon and overwhelm him, Isaac.” The sheriff ruminates, stalking around the room like Vortigern, scanning for exits and calculating their man’s escape plans.[break][break]
Two on one’s still good odds. Come on.”[break][break]
Vortigern doesn’t need more permission than that. His claws have already hooked around the crowned angel, dancing with them across the floor. The dragon’s tail swings around like a deadly mace, almost turning their man into red mist.[break][break]
Well…if you can find an opening.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2023 17:41:59 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Was Navy joking? He didn't look like he was joking. Isaac spared a brief glance down towards Neo. "Swear to Arceus, if I start eating rocks 'cause of you," he grumbled. The Aron's only response was a brief, amused snicker.[break][break]

The lighthearted vibes ceased as Navy described the real side effect. Isaac knew how he felt all too well, even if he didn't have an apex predator living rent free inside his head. He knew how it was to be angry. He knew how it was to be powerless. He knew how it felt to try and triumph over the impossible.[break][break]

"Well, yeah. Your fists can only do so much." The words came tumbling out of Isaac's mouth before he could stop them. Arceus, why was it so easy when it wasn't him under the microscope? "That's one answer, and you're one guy. Even in the regions that haven't gone to shit, that'd never be enough."[break][break]

It would be nice, wouldn't it? A lone hero storming out of nowhere to punch the region's act in gear. A noble king ordering all this bloodshed to stop with just a word. One of these legends living up to their damn reputation and fixing things with a wave of their hand. Those were just what they sounded like; fantasies. Frankly, if they did come true, Isaac was fairly sure it'd be for the worse.[break][break]

"Not saying you gotta run off to Johto and become a monk. Just, its gonna take everyone trying everything if this place is ever gonna heal." That meant everyone, League and Rocket alike. Could they survive the gathering storm if Rocket kept pushing out the cracks? "But you're doing what you can, and that matters. A lot. Keep that in mind when times are tough, yeah?"[break][break]

It was a short lived pep talk. Vortigern grunted. Navy tensed. Their mark was here, cowering behind a dome of jellylike glass.[break][break]

The second the Nihilego began to glow purple, Neo charged off. Rampage tried to hook her shell with her horn, but was just moments too short. "Hey, Neo, wait-" Isaac called, but his protests fell on deaf ears. Nothing would stop Neo as she made her way over towards the Ultra Beast.[break][break]

She was one Pokemon with one approach, but she was going to do what she could.[break][break]

Neo's footsteps echoed like thunder as they rained down on the cavern floor, leaving footprints three sizes too big for her in her wake. Her body first began to glow, then began to grow. By the time she'd reached her quarry, she'd grown to three times her size.[break][break]

She smashes down on the ground, claws erupting from what were once small, stublike limbs. They helped pull her into a skid, allowing her to turn the bulk of her expanded body towards the incoming strike. Her armored shell unfolded, raising like a sailed crest to help catch the brunt of the incoming blast.[break][break]

The Sludge Wave, intended to scare them off before they could approach, smashed into Neo's unmoving hide. She turned to the Nihilego and roared a challenge, tearing open a mouth that was finally visible. The light of evolution faded in a final eruption. Where an Aron once toddled up, a Lairon now stood tall and proud.[break][break]

Adrenaline exploded through Isaac's body. Fuck feeling like a small, insignificant portion of the universe! He could do anything! Navy's speech, the prisoner's protests, the great brawl between Vortigern and Nihilego . . . it all washed over his head. Navy was amazingky capable. He could handle himself. Right now Isaac was on a mission.[break][break]

Rampage and Neo charged side by side, soitting images of one another. However, where Neo continued towards fray to plow into the Nihilego with a Heavy Slam, Rampage instead pulled into a drift. Isaac wasn't just sitting idle. He, too, was running, obscured by the dust clouds kicked up by his twin behemoths.[break][break]

If the crook was escaping a hitch in his escape plans, it probably wasn't from a deputy hopped up on evolution endorphins slingshotting vaulting off of a Rhyhorn's back. Isaac took full advantage of his confusion, kicking off their fight with a momentum-fueled forearm to the face.[break][break]

If their mark wanted out, he'd have to fight for it.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 18:27:35 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Holy shit.” The sheriff gives voice to the wordless wonder plain in Vortigern’s eyes. His dragon pauses for a moment in the midst of his tumbling battle with the poisoned monarch. Turning, his golden eyes watch the aron grow, evolve, push itself beyond its limits. Perhaps it is a sign of what his own trainer always says: together with humans, man and pokemon can become something greater.[break][break]
He can’t imagine the high. Looking at Isaac, Navy’s reminded of pill junkies, heroin addicts, and avatars. The high he must feel right now thanks to the shared link between him and his bonded partner must be incredible.[break][break]
Saying a quiet prayer to Arceus that Vortigern was already evolved when they first bonded their souls, he turns back to the battle. Vortigern dances around the monster, lightning spilling from his maw. His thunder fang would have found little purchase against the rocky body of the Nihilego, were it not for the poisoned crown.[break][break]
That, too, is a message passed through the link: some powers come with a price. For Nihilego to don this crown, it must lose the blessing of the earth. Vortigern is pushed back in a great wave of sludge. Doubtless it is meant to stop the freshly evolved Pokemon from finding purchase in the fight.[break][break]
Neo’s heavy slam sends it flying into a wall. Vortigern is upon it. Through the venoshocks, through the sludge bombs, through every trick it pulls. Navy winces in pain, clenching at his chest. He didn’t know how much Vortigern hurt until he put this suit on. Every blow is a scar, every battle a story. He simple does not care. Fury holds him aloft in this sea of pain.[break][break]
Gripping the monster with his hefty dragon claws, he starts to tumble around in a circle. His tail is wide enough to sweep through much of the chamber, making Navy duck and weave. He does so with a dancer’s grace thanks to the links they both share.[break][break]
Watch out!” He says out loud, more for Isaac and his twin steel pokemon than his own benefit.[break][break]
It’s sent flying. Their perp, edging towards one of the paths leading into darkness, raises his hands at the sight of Isaac.[break][break]
Come on, man. You can just let me go.” He begs Isaac, like those words alone will save him. “I’ll give you an egg. It’ll hatch into a legend, man. A legend.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 19:32:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A single forearm to the face, and their man was already begging for mercy. His hands were up. His eyes were wild. He spoke with rust on his silver tongue, trying to figure out just how he could schmooze his way out of this situation.[break][break]

Isaac's adrenaline gnawed at his mind. This wasn't fun. This wasn't exciting. This was a waste of the rush he was having. For a second, he considered burying a fist in the man's gut just to make him shut up and play along before he got bored to death.[break][break]

Then another impulse struck at him. It was the same impulse Neo felt as she positioned herself between Vortigern and the Nihilego that he'd just sent flying. Her body was as a bulwark, soaking up a rain of Sludge Bombs before they could even reach the draconic powerhouse. He'd suffered enough from the first volley, unavoidable during their close quarters skirmish. She wouldn't let him get hurt again.[break][break]

Right. Isaac wasn't here to fight. Isaac was here to protect the very thing this man was trying to peddle.[break][break]

"A legend? I'm listening." He brushed some dust off of his hip, then leaned in with a spark of interest in his eye. "I'm a pretty strong trainer, y'know. Got a lot of powerhouses on my team. So before I make a deal, I wanna make sure this little legend of yours is gonna be able to play well with 'em."[break][break]

"They wouldn't happen to look like this, would they?"[break][break]

It wasn't dust Isaac had brushed off of his hip at all. It was a Pokeball, and out from that Pokeball emerged a Phione smeared with yellow makeup. Narrowed eyes and a furious scowl betrayed the legendkin's normal serenity. She recognized this man all too well, and her piercing warcry made it clear she wanted revenge. Her tassel gripped him by the back of the head, pulling it towards hers as violet energy crackled across her skull.[break][break]

He'd be feeling that Zen Headbutt in the morning, and likely for many, many mornings after.

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 10:16:27 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

The sole solace this peddler of would-be legends can take is that he will not feel that zen headbutt for a while. A hit like that’ll keep him out for a few hours, minimum. Revenge is served piping hot to the man who will wake up with a terrible concussion in the hospital ward of Dewford’s prison.[break][break]
Vortigern grunts, the closest the black dragon can offer to a thank you. For a dragon unaccustomed to playing nice, he adjusts to the rhythm of this lairon well enough. Must be the influence of the human rubbing off on him.[break][break]
He takes the Nihilego and smashes it against the floor. Again and again, with the savage fury of a dragon. The granite beneath them smashes, giving way to the flesh beneath. Blood darts the ground. Whether it is the nihilego’s blood or Eternatus’s, Navy can’t tell. He rides that high – that rage. It’s everything he’s ever bottled up, all the anger at the injustice around him.[break][break]
Some part of him knows he must stop Vortigern. The rest does not. He hates these nihilego for what they’ve done to this town, to Tsubaki, to all the innocent Pokemon left dead in the deep. Why should they deserve mercy?[break][break]
Only one man and his twin metal Pokemon have the power to stop this, and it is entirely his choice whether to do so.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,320 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 18:22:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Got it all outta your system, Belle?" The Phione turned back to Isaac, peeping cheerfully. He took out a little handkerchief to smug the yellow makeup off of her eyes as she giggled away. "Atta girl. Now, c'mon. Let's get this creep behind bars."[break][break]

It was just a shame Navy didn't agree. Isaac's half of the equation was wrapped up in a neat little bow, but his half was still fueled by the rage of an apex predator. At their shared command, Vortigern slammed the Nihilego with enough force to scar Eternatus itself. Something had to give, and it wasn't going to be Vortigern.[break][break]

Isaac had nothing against laying the smackdown on some asshole that deserved it. Hell, he's pretty sure his Phione just concussed the fuck out of their mark. Murder, though? There was a finality to it that never sat right with him. With each smash, the Nihilego's glasslike dome continued to crack. Ichor and blood sloshed from its body, and its writhing tentacles grew limp and lifeless. Did anything deserve such a brutal fate? Even a monster like this?[break][break]

Neo's protective instincts deepened Isaac's discomfort. The rush of evolution made him feel the burning need to do something about it.[break][break]

Rampage picked up what Isaac was putting down. They didn't have a soul linked through Infinity Energy. Instead, it was the struggles, losses, and pains they shared that connected them. For a Pokemon that seemed like such a hasty blockhead, she was actually surprisingly perceptive and in tune with those she was close to. Neo was exhausted from guarding bombardment after bombardment. Isaac was too small to challenge Vortigern directly.[break][break]

She couldn't let her pupil show her up, anyway.[break][break]

Head lowered, eyes sharpened, and body glowing a bright white, Rampage charged towards Vortigern. The powerful armor along her flank, once one of her most noteworthy features, was only slowing her down. It shattered, her now-unrestrained limbs giving her an extra burst of speed as she continued her approach.[break][break]

Once she arrived, she reared up onto her hind legs. Presenting a much less armored underbelly to a crazed beast was a risk, but it was one Rampage needed to take. She thrust her forelimbs up, a thumb bursting out from each to catch the Nihilego before it could hit the ground. The force of the impact was rough. For a second, Rampage damn near tipped over, only the emergence of a long, powerful tail letting her stay stable on her feet.[break][break]

Even then, she was forced down to a knee. Rampage wasn't used to being overpowered, and it showed. As the light of evolution dispersed from around her, the now-Rhydon was visibly strained as she tried to press back against Vortigern. Despite her obvious wince, she forced herself to look Vortigern in the eye, a low rumble snaking out from her throat.[break][break]

"We've got our guy, Navy," Isaac said, running up to Rampage's side. "We're done here. Making more of a fuss is just gonna get us in over our heads."

[break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Dive to Red [M]
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2023 23:26:18 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

This guy…[break][break]
Damn if he isn’t impressive.[break][break]
Even when his Pokemon are charging up to Vortigern in the midst of the black dragon’s rampage, the guy keeps a cool head on his shoulder. Some part of him, even as he tries to wrest the part of him that’s him from Vortigern, admires that. He has the qualities of a good champion. It wouldn’t be so bad, walking the warrior’s road with a man like this…[break][break]
Vortigern seems to disagree. Only Rampage’s eye contact saved the Rhydon from its fate. Studying her, it gives Navy enough time to compose himself.[break][break]
It is a terrible thing to pit your will against a dragon’s. More terrible still to be of one soul with one. He has to assert himself over him, like crawling through a tunnel of lava. Navy crumples to one knee, sweat beading down his head. Vortigern seems more amused by the show than anything. Turning his head a half-inch, he regards the man who would dare to train him.[break][break]
I’m…okay…I’m okay…you’re right, Isaac. Gimme a…minute.” His eyes raise and meet the dragon’s.[break][break]
It’s like I told you that day with Josh. I’m gonna be champion. I’m either going to the top with you or through you. You…need me…to go call Shuwen…?” That bear is as much him as Vortigern is. It resounded with his fighting spirit in the depths of these same waters, stepping out to fight for him when things were dire.[break][break]
And that thought seems to placate Vortigern. There is not an inference or a passive understanding that Navy still means to fight. The dragon feels it through their sync stone.[break][break]
Without a word from Navy, he disappears into a flash of light.[break][break]
We’ll…use your Pokemon to get out of here. Come on.” He moves to handcuff the perp before tossing the man over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.[break][break]
Thank you for being here, man. I got a rule. I don’t like to kill people. Seems not many stick to that these days, on either side.” Turning to the road back, he starts walking.[break][break]
Guess this advice is a day late and a pokedollar short, but…be careful who you bond with. Arceus knows you don’t get a take-back when you connect that sync stone for the first time.

[break][break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights