March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Extraction: Shalin and Lars #2
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 5:13:55 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]league - ultra deep sea
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: PREPARATION

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]After surviving a journey to the deepest extremities of Ultra Deep Sea, you find yourselves in a chamber with a glowing, magenta organ pulsing in its center. It's a gargantuan core that continuously emits energy. Terrifyingly, the radiation it spreads seemingly distorts space and time around it.[break][break]

Around you, Poison Tera Crystals, minerals imbued with Dynamax Energy, and more exist for you to mine, harvest, and gather.[break][break]

To overcome the energy's paranoia or hallucinogenic effects, designate someone who will take the brunt of the core's radiation.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Designate one character.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Take the brunt equally.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 5:32:14 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Having much more experience at the bottom of the Ultra Sea now, Shalin had a good idea of which Pokémon worked well. The Pokémon that did came with her again, while the ones that didn't had been swapped for new ones. Bass Boost and Treble were mainstays, their ability to grind surrounding rock to dust with vibration making them irreplaceable. Others, such as Hayabusa the Scyther, she gave a trial run.

With their autonomy and Lathiel's increasing reliability as a guard, Shalin felt like doing more reckless experiments with her Sygna Suit in the strange environment. Her giant Venusaur, Saria, shielded from the core's radiation as he and his Pokémon were setting up to extract ore with the girl's two noisy partners. In a move that may have raised Lars' blood pressure, the Venusaur extended one of her large, thick vines near her trainer. With a big grin on her face, Shalin sat atop the bulb at the very end of the vine - as close to the tip as it would allow.

HFeIU1T2 Lathiel obedience roll

Designate one character (Shalin)

RKS POINT: 50

{WC: 176}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Lathiel         Type: Null        Good
Sandy           Flygon            Good 
Hayabusa        Scyther           Good
Saria           Venusaur          Good
Treble          Kommo-o           Good
Bass Boost      Seismitoad        Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2023 18:56:02 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","shcontent"]
[attr="class","larsbox"]EXTRACTION
He was back here with his Pangoro and Medicham. Strange digging partners, but they got the job done.

Plus it was good upper-arm strength training for the two Fighting-types, so there was that, too!

“What—are you doing,” he sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose at the sight of his companion doing her… thing. As always.

(He would always be on edge whenever she would whip out the insane shenanigans.)

“Are you crazy, you’re going to fall off!” he exclaimed the moment he saw where she was sitting on the Venusaur.

“Be careful!”

designate one character (Shalin) — 50 rks points

[googlefont=Oswald:400]
[newclass=.larsbox]background:#a03939;font-family:oswald;font-size:17px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:left;color:#ffffff;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 2:25:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: COMFORTING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]As materials are mined and gathered, the designated trainer(s) will begin to experience heightened anxiety and fear. The walls around you are slightly translucent. They are fleshy and pink, pulsing with energy ever so often. Through them, you can view the great starry fields of space.[break][break]

Threats may begin to encroach upon this chamber. Nihilego, Poipole, Naganadel, and mutated Pokemon who have found themselves unluckily teleported here.[break][break]

The heightened mental anguish may also take a toll, requiring healing or barriers against assaults of the mind. However, there is limited time to mine. What will you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on heals/defense.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on mining.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 3:02:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Captain-in-training certainly had a unique way to battle. With the waves of oncoming Ultra Beasts being only Naganadel this time, Shalin breathed a sigh of relief. Lathiel could have a field day with them, not having to pierce through the hard bodies of Nihilego instead. The Type: Null lunged at several of them, tearing them limb from limb with her CRUSH CLAW. As she was cleaving through the enemy lines, two caught her in a pincer attack, injecting TOXIC venom in her. Though she continued to fight, she was profusely sweating from the deadly poison.

With her Sygna Pokémon's help, Shalin's Venusaur would be able to repel them all. Sandy the Flygon, not far from Saria, glowed with a faint green color as the Venusaur raised her trainer higher into the air. Shalin tapped the end of the bulb with both her hands before grabbing on tight. With a wild shake of the Pokémon body, a giant pulse ran down the vine, the rate at which it traveled slowed by their pseudo-liquid environment. It may have been a cue for Lars to cover his ears. Shalin tensed as she felt the tip of the vine rising, bracing herself.

CRACK!!

The pod at the end of the Venusaur's VINE WHIP popped in a blink-or-you'll-miss-it circle, only visible by way of their visually-slowed environment. The already-loud sound was amplified by the girl's presence on the vine, pounding at the hearing organs of all within earshot. Both Shalin and her Flygon emitted an intense green glow at the peak of the unfathomably intense motion. The shockwave in the snapping vine's wake raced toward the Ultra Beasts, knocking many of them out of the sky.

As Shalin let out the most blissful cry Lars had ever heard from her, a burning smell wafted from both the suit's Crystabloom and the Pokémon's Sync Stone. It handled almost the entire horde, leaving just a few stragglers for Lars and his team to clean up. Shalin wouldn't be in any shape to fight for a while after the Sygna-enhanced sonic discharge on par with a Z-Move. Though she was still seated on the end of the vine, she was worn out.

Did that ever put the whip in whiplash.

NDLuewdv Lathiel obedience roll

Designate one character (Shalin)

RKS POINT: 100

{WC: 376}
{PC: 2}

Lathiel         Type: Null        Toxic
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 8:41:44 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
He could only pinch the bridge of his noise as she went on with her shenanigans—bracing himself as he quickly covered his ears for the extremely loud reverberation that ripped through the enclosed space.

Geez, even with his hands in his ears the sound was still there; it stung and hurt like shit.

He felt his eyes water as he blinked and tried to stabilize himself.

“How do you not get exhausted doing this every single day?” he asked the green-haired young lady once she was back in some semblance of reality.

He then summoned his Gardevoir, who then immediately began to douse them with Life Dew to heal any injuries sustained.

This was just about as much reprieve they were going to get…

focus on heals / defense — 50 rks points

[newclass=.larsbox]background:#a03939;font-family:oswald;font-size:17px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:left;color:#ffffff;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 6:42:00 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Lars' reaction was not only understandable, but expected; the crack of a Venusaur's vine was among the most chaotic and violent motions nature was capable of. The lithe Ranger had been yanked around with force that had every right to shred her. Even after the earsplitting snap, there was the recoil flinging her back, on top of the reverberation flying down the vine and shaking her.

The girl was not only alive to tell the tale, but she loved it, even! She had even blown her own mind. Though Sprout's Vine Whip was strong (thanks ), Saria's size gave hers so much more power and speed. She wasn't sure if it was the environment or her improved skills since doing all the practice at her Romping Grounds. Either way, it was a huge breakthrough. "Lars, I... did it!" she chirped in her dizziness, the shaking slowly ceasing. "She didn't fling me off!"

The LIFE DEW was welcome for both her and her Pokémon, especially Lathiel. While it wouldn't completely stave off the effects of the Ultra Beast toxin, it would at least delay it long enough for them to pack up and finish their operation. "It's all in my Sygna Suit!" she answered the Ranger's question. "Sandy and I have known each other so long that through the suit, we can't get any closer to one another. In peak form, not even a whip can unseat me!" As she had just proven. "You're so well-off as Head Ranger that you should think about getting a suit for yourself. I think it would be a tremendous help!" Little did she know how bad of an idea it might be for Lars to get one, given his already tumultuous relationship with Articuno...

HeZyBypC Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 291}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 14:48:30 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
At the mention of the Sygna suit, he balked.

There was a momentary flash of panic that crossed his face, although he managed to pass it off as nerves while his Gardevoir was busy healing her Pokémon as best as she could manage.

After all, that was the short reprieve they were going to get before the entire place started attacking them and tried to send them away!

“Well, you see… if you’re an Avatar,” he began once he’d managed to find his voice, “…there’s something about the suit itself that… dampens supernatural connections. If you catch my drift.”

Kind of like how too much infinity energy could kill someone when exposed to it long enough…

focus on heals / defense — 50 rks points

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 8:34:17 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
So Avatars and Sygna Suits rejected each others' power. That would make sense as to why Lars didn't have one. "I've heard that wearing a Sygna Suit and being an Avatar are a lot alike. They both grant supernatural powers. It's just that the source of one is the peak of a bond with an ordinary Pokémon, and the other is the peak of a bond with... a deity."

Lars' thoughts were right about Infinity Energy, though; when she pushed her suit to its very limits in the Galar Memory, going for a Boomburst ride on her Flygon's wing, it was that overload of Infinity Energy that was the root cause of her musculoskeletal issues she developed later in that alternate life.

As much as she wanted to go all-out and experience the peak adrenaline rush her suit allowed her to, she couldn't. Not with her suit in its current form, anyway.

s94kZWwt Lathiel obedience roll

{WC: 153}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 8:35:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONDEMNING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Eventually, the Eternatus core expels enough energy to cause the designated trainers experience extreme distress and fright. At first, they may point out things, Pokemon, or people that do not exist; however, over time, their hallucinations begin to manifest into reality.[break][break]

The Poison Tera Crystals glow bright as all manner of terrible things appear, drawn from the conscious of those affected by the Eternatus core. Eventually, these manifested figures will expire, disintegrating into nothing but residual Dynamax Energy.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a fusion Pokemon.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a manifested trauma/memory.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 7:16:17 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
This time, though, it would be his trauma that would be put front and center.

While he’d mostly avoided this by having to engage with abominations of what appeared to be two Pokémon fused together in hellish matrimony, this time, though…

The slapping noise from the working Fighting-types came to a halt as the Pangoro and the Medicham turned to the entrance—there was an angry, angry Vikavolt seemingly hovering there, just there, waiting…

Before it caught sight of Lars and then immediately came screaming in, elongated pincers crackling with what looked to be a lethal dose of electricity!

battle a manifested trauma / memory — 50 rks points

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 21:46:56 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Lathiel yawned upon seeing the Vikavolt racing toward Lars, insensitive and indifferent toward the Ranger in danger. She curled up and closed her eyes. the lazy Type: Null simply letting the electric-type spear Lars.

When it became apparent that the normal-type would not intervene, Shalin hurled Bass Boost's Poké Ball toward the flying insect, counteracting the loud and low-pitched vibration with some of her own. The four-limbed amphibian planted herself on the ground before loosing earthquake-level vibrations from the bumps on her back. The saddle masking the bumps turned into a blur. How in the world did that thing stay on a Pokémon shaking that fast?

She may have been too late, though; if the electric-type was swift enough, it could easily fly out of range of the sonic attack and skewer Lars!

battle a manifested trauma

RKS POINT: 150

{WC: 134}
{PC: 5}

6ulGdcWi
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 18:41:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
See, the thing about this Vikavolt was that it was inexplicably tied to his own Silvally…

…for yes, this Vikavolt was the actual Pokémon that he had to sacrifice when he came across the formula on how to create a Type:Null all those years ago.

He’d gotten stuck there, literally frozen in fear, before realizing that there was a Seismitoad who was literally vibrating like—no, let’s not go there—that had appeared in front of him; literally saving him from being fried by what he guessed was a hundred thousand volts of electricity.

He blinked quietly, hoping that the other would hopefully catch on with the connotation of why he’d frozen up at the sight of this particular Pokémon…

battle a manifested trauma / memory — 50 rks points

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 6:11:47 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONTROLLING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The mental anguish rises to unbearable levels. As the Eternatus core whirs, the fleshy walls begin to swarm with pink eye-like shapes. Still, through these translucent barriers, you catch a glimpse of a nearby planet. One that looks suspiciously like the one you all live in—except that a large portion of it seems covered in land.[break][break]

You must escape with your gathered material. Your ally or allies may be incapacitated by the paranoia settling in their psyches, or perhaps, the eldritch mutations beginning to metamorphose their body or bodies.[break][break]

Depending on how much your characters have mined, you may need to lessen your extracted load to ensure successful escape from this wretched place. After all, the horrors that reside here may make chase.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Lessen the load and escape.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Escape with your full load.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 17:57:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It took Lathiel's lack of violence and Amir's aggression toward the Vikavolt for her to understand: this Pokémon was like her Pharika. A Pokémon precious to Lars, but had been taken from him cruelly and prematurely. Now she understood why Lars was so scared; they both were empathetic toward Pokémon, despite one being stern on the outside and one being lackadaisical.

The shockwave caused the Vikavolt image to fade, swallowed into the roaring Eternatus core. The core had appeared so close to Shalin that many of her other Pokémon couldn't resist it. Withdrawing her entire team except Saria and Sandy, she cried, "Saria, VINE WHIP me toward the rift!"

The grass-type did as asked, Shalin holding on for dear life as the core's pull threatened to drag her off the vine. Her skin tingled as she felt the whip's pulse race toward her. Right as she felt the peak of the pulse, she let go with both her hands and fired the retraction beam from Saria's Poké Ball. Timing the maneuver perfectly, the whip flung Shalin toward the rift back to Hoenn at speeds that would have made even the Mauville Gym Leader sick.

lessen the load and escape

RKS POINT: 250

{WC: 198}
{PC: 6}