awards
3,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 3:25:22 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she's getting better at keeping her appointments straight. she has a ledger now, and has learned that even the most superfluous things should be written down in ink. her head is clearer because of it, and the notes she's taken on the political climate have become her guide. 

the current state of affairs in sootopolis is outlined in her hasty scrawl. she scans it, sighs, and then pockets the notebook, leaning back in her chair. 

she's in one of the breeding dens, watching the orphaned goomy she's recently added to her team. the dragon gets bigger with each passing day and freya's deemed her worthy of some obedience training. 

"aoife," she calls softly. the dragon's gooey stalks perk up and it squelches over to her, blowing bubbles from its mouth. freya snorts and picks her up. "come, little one. we're going to start your training today." 

figured he could just be like 'heyo wanna hang'
[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 3:27:40 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the morningstar estate. how grand a name fit for a family with a legacy like theirs. it comes into sight as they soar high above the clouds, breaking through the clouds as they dip down. the clouds disperse under their weight, salami's powerful wings aiding as they start their descent.

he doesn't mean to frighten the poor goomy but there's not much else he can do. they come to a landing near the breeding dens, salami's INTIMIDATE naturally coming into play but he tries his best to appear as non-threatening as possible. 

sliding off, alexander lands on the grass with a soft thud. salami extends his wings out before dropping his entire weight to the ground, lying down atop the cool grass. he huffs out a warm breath of air as his eyes start to close.

"rest well, friend." 

alexander turns to greet the councilwoman. "sorry! i do not mean to intrude. i hope you do not mind." he fishes out a pokeball and holds it in his hand.

"i need a little help with a dragon."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 3:45:16 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]most of the caves in the den are kept warm under the earth, hidden and secluded from other den mothers. their fierce nature to protect their young can prove troublesome if their accommodations are too close, something the morningstar family learned several decades ago. (though there are some breeds that prefer a more secular upbringing, of which have their own subset of caverns.)

etherea, one of the morningstar's retired den mothers, fluffs herself up as aiofe comes at her with another attack. green light sprays from the goomy's mouth and lands weakly on the altaria, sapping a sliver of her energy. she preens a playful chirp and swings out a wind in a wide arc, dispelling the move easily. 

freya hangs her head, her sigh cut short when heavy wingfalls sound above her. 

she's already grown accustomed to the sound, as it's not much different from lyune's. it shows on her face how happy she is to see him. "of course i don't mind," she says and then turns to introduce him to aoife, only the goomy isn't there. 

aeris points with a flick of her tail and etherea lifts a wing. the goomy huddles, quaking, eyes trained on the spot where undros had just been. freya shoots a glance at alexander. "she's a bit of a timid one."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 6:30:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
on the surface dragons are rather simple creatures. they are natural predators, constantly fighting to survive in the roughest of conditions. it is for that reason that most of them have rather aggressive temperaments. but every now and then there are a few that stray from the norm. 

it's only then does he notice the goomy. he immediately makes himself smaller and bends to the ground. he rests on a knee and raises both hands to his side as he looks to the small dragon.

"sorry! sorry. i did not see you there, friend. i mean you no harm, i promise." 

he clicks the pokeball in his hand and out comes a bagon of similar size. the dragon-type sniffs the air, takes in his surroundings, and immediately nudges himself against alexander's leg. his tiny arms try to wrap around his trainer's leg but desperately fails.

"look, my friend here is quite timid as well. say hi, ergu, it is okay." 

the bagon has had his head nuzzled against alexander's leg but at that he peers a bit out to the side, looking at the goomy that stands across from him.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 2:50:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she cowers even more so when alexander crouches down beside etherea. but when he makes himself smaller, talks softly, she tentatively moves forward a couple of inches and gives his face a couple of delicate sniffs. she may not understand his words (yet) but something about the way he speaks them calms her. 

so she's only slightly startled at the sound of the pokeball clicking. the bagon isn't an unusual site; several of her denmates are of his species. 

she blows a couple of bubbles in his face by way of a hello and blabbers in unintelligible dragonspeech. 

"is he one of your own as well?" freya asks. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 13:46:21 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
bagon's heavy eyelids blink as he tries to take in his surroundings. the unfamiliarity of it is what scares him and so he seeks comfort in the only familiar thing he knows. it isn't until the goomy starts to blow bubbles in his face does he start to feel more at ease. he turns, peering, and slowly edges away from his trainer.

"kyle's. as good as he is with dogs he has a lot to learn about dragons." 

ergu nods at what goomy says, then lets out a series of noises that both humans will fail to understand. with one hand he lets go of his trainer's leg but keeps the other one on just in case. he bows his head slightly, greeting the snot-dragon.

"dragons need other dragons."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2019 20:57:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"i still haven't had the pleasure," she admits. but she's been around the block enough to know of the man's infamous and masterful dog training techniques. they haven't done ergu much of a service, that much is clear. 

etherea seems to share freya's thoughts as she cocks her head at the bagon. she eyes him critically and then fluffs herself up, harrumphing as well as she can by way of a few birdish squawks, and freya laughs. 

"dragons are still just as diverse," she says. "it took me a while to understand the behavior of altaria. etherea is no exception." 

aoife, glancing back and forth between etherea and ergu, takes this as a sign to continue their battling practice. so it must come as a surprise when she attacks her new friend with a hefty absorb.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 7:15:41 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he looks up at the altaria, impressed by her grace and beauty. he bows ever so slightly, acknowledging her presence. he has yet the pleasure to raise one, but he does not discount the possibility of doing so in the near future. what others may see as training pokemon, he sees as preparation for what's to come.

"they are," he agrees, continuing. "each individual dragon is different as well. their own personalities and traits are what make them unique. sometimes that makes it extra difficult to train them, so i do not fault kyle for not being able to handle ergu." 

ergu's nod of greeting is met with a few snot-bubbles. he watches some of the move across the air almost in slow motion, and when one lands right on the tip of his nose, he flinches from the pain, shocked! the bagon lets out a squeal and panics, taking multiple steps back until he finds himself behind his trainer.

the bagon tries to hide behind alexander's leg, both hands clutching on and trembling. the champion can only offer him a sympathetic smile.

"she was just trying to play with you, ergu. i am sure she did not mean it."

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 15:21:54 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she brings a hand to her lips to hide her smile, more so aoife doesn't get the wrong impression. her voice is stern when she finally composes herself. 

"aoife, you're meant to wait for my command. that wasn't very noble of you." 

the goomy shrinks under the criticism and etherea chirps a few words to her in response. she shifts from side to side and then slinks slowly towards ergu, eye stalks drawn tightly to her body. 

bubbles pop from her mouth as she warbles, but she keeps her distance. 

"i've opened more of the den to the public, though i'm sure you've heard. it's not traditional, but we've invited trainers from all over to come and help with the dragons." she pauses. "it's less for the dragons, more for those who've never seen a real battle before."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,893 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 15:32:44 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it certainly is not traditional but it is an initiative that is needed, perhaps long overdue. for those that have never seen battle this gives them a chance to experience it without the real threat of getting hurt. knowledge is power, and this is a stepping stone to seizing it.

"with you leading your initiative here and with his, the people should be ready when the time comes. one can only hope." 

ergu peers his head out ever so slightly when the goomy shrinks, a tinge of guilt coloring his features as he takes a single step out. he watches goomy approach with caution, tilting his head when she nears him. 

bubbles pop from her mouth and small flames curl from his. but as the red dies down and he exhales, a snot bubble expands from his nose for mere moments before popping. that seems to have made him laugh.

"you are doing good work, freya."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
family business [m]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2019 22:24:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you receive the following: 50 pokedollars, 5 infamy,[break]and 1 free dragon-evolution (redeem in site shop).
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing