awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
coffee
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2023 23:02:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

it's still contemporary - she saw no need to swap out the furniture or repaint the walls, though she'd been asked. so the walls are a grayish navy, the desk a solid, deep cherry wood. a comfortable brown leather chair sits on the other side, empty most of the time, save for the off chance she has visitors. she tends to keep her door closed when she's in.

her own chair squeaks a little, but she's learned to ignore it. the black leather is cracking at its center, but she doesn't mind that either. a vase of fake flowers sits at the corner - periwinkle and pigface, common species found in sootopolis.

even though it's sterile, it feels more like hers now. the back wall behind her chair doubles as a bookshelf and aside from some weathered books and contemporary tchotchkes are a few personal belongings - a coiled copper metalwork of a dragonair, a picture frame with a younger self grinning alongside two older people, and a painting of a salamence sat on a small display easel. 

another painting, in similar style to the salamence, is hung across the wall opposite the door. she's yawning and staring at it, thinking of the smell of salt and sunbleached bluffs depicted in it, when there's a knock on her office door. 

her personal agenda stares up at her from under her palm. tucked behind it is the printed letter of recommendation she'd received from

"come in."
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
coffee
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2023 3:57:59 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu"]
[attr="class","star1tsu"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu"]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]The weight in the pit of her stomach is something she thought she'd all but excised by now. [break][break]

Fighting for her life in fever-pitch battles, venturing into alternate dimensions, facing down the League's greats as they hurl attacks her way... she wonders why a simple looking office like this affects her this way while those things don't. It's something about these trappings, decor that reminds her of the wealth and opulence she rejected a long time ago, something she hated with all her being.[break][break]

Maybe it reminds her of her father.[break][break]

Breathe, Tsubaki. Breathe.[break][break]

She can hear 's words in her head, giving her some off-the-cuff wisdom that's far beyond her years. Something about your decisions leading you to where you're meant to die. Maybe something about making your own justice in this world. She wishes she had her own words to guide her instead, but in a pinch... his will do. [break][break]

She's here to make good on her promise, to fight for the only thing she can believe in anymore. [break][break]

So take that, soak it in, let it become a part of you til there's no room for doubt, til you're set on the only path left for a girl like you... a girl who's lost everything but her spite for Rocket.[break][break]

With that...[break][break]

She takes a step forward, and reaches for the door...[break][break]

"Ouch!"[break][break]

She pulls her hand back at the static shock, letting out a yelp of surprise.[break][break]

"Motherfucker..."[break][break]

She scowls, a little pissed off a door managed that reaction out of her. Her nerves are getting to her.[break][break]

Stubbornly, she grasps the handle sharply and forces it open. It's like she's walking into the open, waiting jaws of a dragon, and she's a knight, ready to face her last stand. There's nowhere else for her to go. All her willpower behind her, she calls out into the room before she even notices the woman sitting behind the desk.[break][break]

"Yo, Freya! Long time no see. It's me, Tsubaki. Here for that interview."[break][break]

She says her name sharply with a forced grin, not thinking. [break][break]

It's only after a few moments that she realizes the brusque tone she's borrowed off the streets probably isn't appropriate. This isn't some random person. She's a Councilwoman. [break][break]

More importantly, her prospective new boss.[break][break]

"Or... sorry, should I call you Miss Morningstar?"[break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/U035o8R.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/U035o8R.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
coffee
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 2:47:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her come in is met with a motherfucker and despite herself, freya smiles. she raises a hand to her lips, covering the chuckle as tsubaki enters the room with a politeness so forced that it comes out unwittingly coarse. it doesn't bother her in the slightest. she waves her hand. 

"freya's fine." though, should she expect some sort of formality from someone meant to be an intern? especially around ever grande? she's only ever known 's attendants to call him - 

"freya's definitely fine."

she shuffles some papers in front of her and brings tsubaki's resume out in front of her. a slight nod to the door. 

"close it please. you don't have to be too formal with me. i'd rather you be yourself, in fact. anyone with sense could do what i'm planning to ask of this job so we don't need to discuss your qualifications, as exemplary as they are. i want to discuss you."

a hand postures to the brown leather chair. "sit?" 
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
coffee
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2023 0:46:46 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]She hesitates a little, then nods. [break][break]

"Freya, then."[break][break]

The woman seems pleased with that.[break][break]

Tsubaki casually flops down into the stately chair opposite the desk, looking around the room to calm her nerves. There's a lot to take in, and it's all a little intimidating. She's known Navy to visit places like these occasionally, but this is her first visit to Ever Grande, and the first time she's really interacting with a member of leadership of the League since she joined a short time ago.[break][break]

It's all a little much.[break][break]

"R-right... me, huh?"[break][break]

A letter from Dahlia, a letter from Navy, and her reputation as a rising up and comer in the League aside, what else is there to say?[break][break]

She's here cause she wants to make a difference. She's here cause she wants to fight Rocket. Everyone here wants those things, don't they? So what makes her stand out?[break][break]

"Well, uh... I was born in Kanto. Until five or so months ago, I still lived there. I've seen a lot."[break][break]

She isn't sure how much to go into. Everything she says could raise questions. [break][break]

Better leave it to the imagination, the kinds of horrors she's witnessed. She's sure Freya knows what she's getting at with that, there's no need to elaborate unless she asks for more.[break][break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/U035o8R.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/U035o8R.jpg), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
coffee
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2023 14:29:40 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she's not sure if it feels right, really. but the moment has passed and tsubaki sits. freya, quite suddenly, finds herself out of her depth. the girl across from her is older than delta, yes, but not by much, and anxiety gnaws at her stomach thinking about what kind of path this will set her on. 

but she's strong-willed, brazen. if freya turns her down, she'll find someone else. someone less empathetic. like matias. or fernando. 

"you were there, then, when the revolts started," she says. when struck the first blow in the name of the resistance. so that's where her spine comes from. 

she'll need a better grasp of what she thinks about rocket. 

"i hear you've become something of a legend among the extraction teams. you've brought back the most supplies out of any of our miners." she tilts her head. "why?"

pale eyes swim with curiosity, but underneath their surface is a pitying suspicion. will she be honest and tell her she feels alive down there? that she feels outside of herself, more than herself. 
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
coffee
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 18:12:24 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]"I was there, yeah. I was part of those skirmishes, even."[break][break]

She carefully omits what side she was fighting for, at least for now. It's not relevant, it's not the point of Freya's comment.[break][break]

She'll come clean at some point. She'll need to. But this isn't that time.[break][break]

"... As for extractions... well, when Dewford happened, I fell into the sea. I kept finding myself there. It's got a pull. It's magnetic. And since I was there anyways, well..."[break][break]

She clutches her arm nervously, still bandaged up to the elbow. [break][break]

Needles piercing her skin over and over. A feeling of becoming one with something larger than herself, til she was torn free. She feels it even now, creeping into her... the chill of the toxic smog.[break][break]

"I just wanted to help in any way that I could. I know what I'm doing down there."[break][break]

That's all she can say for herself.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
coffee
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 22:36:01 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she knows thrall. she knows the draw of the otherworldly. all those dreams she's ever chased were never dreams at all - they were nightmares, masquerading in a fog of harmless pink. and what tsubaki describes puts her on edge, makes her tense. 

"you think you do, but you don't," she says flatly. "if the ultra deep sea is having this severe an effect on you, you'll need time off from the extraction sites. i need my aid's focus to be in this world. the one we're all attempting to save."

her fingertips dimple her temples. she sighs.

"tell me about your relationship with navidson. it's the first formal letter i've ever gotten from him. must have meant a lot to him, to send it to me."
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
coffee
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2023 4:30:15 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]She straightens up at Freya's harsh tone.[break][break]

She's right. [break][break]

Her eyes are filled with embarrassment, and her cheeks flush. Recounting something like this makes her wanna hide. Even so, she looks back at her obstinately, having already shed that compulsion towards the sea with the help of one .[break][break]

She'll own that.[break][break]

"I know."[break][break]

Her voice wavers. [break][break]

She's still a kid at the end of the day, and she deserves to be scolded like one. That realization hurts more than anything.[break][break]

"That's why I'm here. I couldn't stay in Dewford any longer. I kept running away from everything down there. I can't do that anymore, gotta confront it."[break][break]

She takes a shaky breath, and collects herself for a moment.[break][break]

"Navy's... the only person I've met who gave me a chance. He took me in as an assistant, helped get me off the streets where every single day was a life-or-death battle. He sees the good in everyone. But... he wanted me to live a normal life, and I just couldn't do that. [break][break]

"Not after the things I've seen in Kanto."
[break][break]

She balls her hands into fists, remembering why she's here.[break][break]

All the blood on the streets, the razed ruins of the place she once called home. And her, lost to the dark underground, caught up in something bigger than herself and desperate for any way out. They'll find her one day, but by then she'll be ready...[break][break]

"I asked him to put in a good word for me, so I could find my own path in life and make a difference. He did, and so I'm here. I'm not sure what exactly that means yet, or what shape that'll take, but... [break][break]

"I just can't stay on a backwater island, running from it all. [break][break]

"Not anymore. Not while Rocket still exists."
[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
coffee
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 17:12:03 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

her demeanor changes. at first, freya thinks she's going to argue, spine ramrod and mouth terse. but then she blinks it away, digesting the councilwoman's words, and freya's own gaze softens. for a moment, at least. 

she listens intently, nodding here and there. and when tsubaki is finished, she laces her fingers back together and props her chin atop them, looking her over briefly before her gaze flits up, to the painting of sootopolis' main cove. 

"it's not fair to you, the horrors you've had to witness. no one deserves to have their childhood stripped of them. but you're right. you don't strike me as the type of person who could be happy living in ignorance."

her expression is pained, almost sheepish. clear in the curl of her lips and the crease of her brows is the acceptance that tsubaki is more like her than she realized.

at the mention of rocket, she sighs. 

"vengeance is a poison. it may fuel you. give you venom in your teeth, an edge in combat, and maybe you'll get a lucky strike, but it will always rot you, tsubaki. slowly enough you may not even notice, not until your life's gotten away from you."

she takes a few papers from her desk and crumples them up, shifting in her chair so she can drop them in the wastebasket beside her. parts of a resume are visible amidst the trashed papers, letters not matching tsubaki's own. 

the lingering paper on her desk is tucked into a folder and then shoved in her top drawer. she stands. 

"walk with me. and tell me what you'd like to run towards."
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
coffee
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 3:50:21 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Her throat is dry and her palms are slick with sweat. [break][break]

The councilwoman looks at her as if she sees through her, at the void that lies at the center of her chest where a heart might be. Whether it was always missing, whether it was rotted away by the things she was forced to do, she can feel eyes on it. The sensation makes a chill run down her spine.[break][break]

This isn't vengeance. Not by a long shot.[break][break]

The part of her that would desire that is long-dead, doesn't deserve to be avenged.[break][break]

Tsubaki stands quickly as Freya rises. It's a readiness like a soldier carved into her by discipline. At the same time it is the exuberant energy of youth that cannot sit still, betraying her attempts to appear mature. She is on edge like a serpent ready to strike, a disposition that served her well in that black underground beneath Saffron where everyone she knew was like a snake. [break][break]

Though, it's useless here, in the Councilwoman's office.[break][break]

"Justice."[break][break]

She answers quickly, without a thought as she lets Freya take the lead. [break][break]

The words of ring in her ears, words she keeps coming back to even a month later: "The only justice in this world you can rely on is the justice you make for yourself. Remember that, Baki."[break][break]

"I've seen so much, been forced to do so much. And I had just accepted it for a long time. Told myself that's how life is. I couldn't do anything about it, and didn't have the power to change anything. I was just a stupid girl, trying to get by day-to-day. [break][break]

"But I'm tired of all that. All the fighting, the pain, and the hatred in this world... it doesn't need to be like this..."
[break][break]

She lets out a sigh, making sure to keep her head on her shoulders. It's easy to work herself up like this, but she's in the presence of League leadership. Even if Freya's fine with her being rough around the edges, she can't risk getting too emotional.[break][break]

"I don't have any grand ideas for how to fix it all. I dunno half of what I stand for. I was fighting and running so long, it's hard for me to say. I'm too young to have some vision for how to change the world, Freya, but... I do know, wherever Rocket goes, they bring all that fighting, pain, and hatred with 'em. [break][break]

"That's not a world I wanna live in anymore."
[break][break]

She wonders whether it's guilt driving her, penance for her part in building a fucked up world like that. [break][break]

Deep down, she knows she's a victim, same as the rest. But she can't accept that her role was any less than voluntary. If she believed in something sooner, surely she could've given her life to fight for that cause instead of fearfully protecting it and losing herself in the process. Now all that's left is a wounded animal.[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
coffee
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 0:37:38 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

justice

a word so sweet on the tongue, ripe with vindication and the golden-glow light of self-service. what was once a coveted treat to the councilwoman is now a sickly, cloying taste. it makes her press her tongue against the back of her teeth. 

"hmm," she muses, uncomfortable as the vision of her past self echoes the anger and frustration around tsubaki's words. 

too dangerous, she thinks, gently, to have one so close to her who could uncover her secret. but that's wiped away by the curse of her own pride. 

"so black and white," she says thoughtfully. tsubaki is led through the clean interior of ever grande's office hallways, sterile despite the warm lighting recently installed to 'boost moods.' she takes them away from the stuffy offices and out to the courtyard. 

"what do you think of the amnesty program, tsubaki?" she asks. 
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
coffee
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 4:07:39 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]The tension in Tsubaki's shoulders visibly melts away as she breathes in fresh air. It's not gone, but she's able to relax ever so slightly more in a place like this, a place that doesn't remind her of her father. [break][break]

"Amnesty?"[break][break]

She seems surprised. Navy never mentioned it.[break][break]

Even so, she nods slowly, and takes a moment to think before she opens her mouth to respond.[break][break]

"I think Rocket's irredeemable. But Rocket can't sustain itself if it only consists of irredeemable people. Most people aren't irredeemable, in my opinion. They're just forced to do wicked things cause they have no other choice, and overly-zealous people mark them as irredeemable as a result. It's good propaganda."[break][break]

She doesn't think of justifying herself in the slightest. Even to this woman, who knows nothing about her past.[break][break]

She knows she's one of those irredeemable ones, a true aberration. That's aside from the point. [break][break]

She cares only about what's true.[break][break]

"I think that most people can change. They can heal, and grow. Most people who do wicked things aren't evil, but they do those things cause there's no better option. If the League can present them a better option, then it has a moral imperative to give them that." [break][break]

Maybe it's the last vestiges of idealism coming to the surface as she says it, but it's something she must believe, to soothe herself. Kanto was not a population of evil people in waiting, showing their true colors as soon as Rocket attempted to assert itself over the region. Kanto was not filled with people who would raze their own cities and betray their own people. [break][break]

Save a girl like her, the outlier. [break][break]

No, it was just a nation filled with opportunists and the down-trodden, those who did what they needed to do in order to get by. They were the first to be taken in by Rocket, with promises of a better life. Ultimately, that was a lie. But it was hope for a better life that let their faith be abused by these people. Not their hatred, or their inherent evil nature.[break][break]

"If you give people hope, they'll do almost anything."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
coffee
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 3:07:46 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

amnesty?

"it's a program rocket defects can use to assimilate back into society and pay back their crimes against hoenn and its citizens, with the understanding that many of them need just that - amnesty - to give them a second chance at it all."

a second chance at life. a second chance at making things right.

she's quiet as tsubaki talks, listening and not yet knowing her well enough to read between the lines. to know the depths of her own self-loathing. if she cared, she may have strung together the pieces, wondered why this girl throws herself again and again off the precipice and into the arms of the otherworldly. 

"they'll make bad decisions," she says. "decisions that don't feel like decisions at all."

she clears her throat. " heads the program now, but i'll be working with him on it in the coming weeks. i'll set you up tonight with a login to the league's internal scheduling software. next week, we can go over some basic administrative duties you'll be handling."

the courtyard's greenery has put them both at ease so she continues their walk under the dappled shade of trees. a couple of grass and water-type pokemon nap in the sun. 

"does that sound alright with you?"
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
993 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
coffee
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 23:04:27 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]They'll make bad decisions. Decisions that don't feel like decisions at all.[break][break]

The girl can't help but think they're talking about the same thing but from opposite perspectives. Two sides of the same coin. One frames freedom as justice unto itself, while the other's justice is for the sake of freedom. In the end, they can't be all that different, can they?[break][break]

Tsubaki nods slowly, more visibly relaxed now she got all that out of her system. [break][break]

"'Course. You can count on me, Freya. No worries, I got this. Can't be all that different from cookin-- uh, keeping Navy's books, right? Man's an amazing fighter, but Arceus help him when it comes to paperwork."[break][break]

She smirks, getting a little cocky now she seems to have the interview in the bag. Still, she'd be remiss not to ask one last thing.[break][break]

"So are there dorms here in Evergrande or something?" [break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
coffee
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 19:53:59 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

a few people walk through the garden courtyard as they talk, nodding respectfully at their councilwoman and her attendant. it won't be long before the staff gets friendly with tsubaki too, offering more than polite nods of acknowledgment. heck, maybe even tsubaki will help them warm up to freya. 

still, of the three council members, somehow she might be the most approachable. what a terrible state the region must be in. 

with the position somewhat officially filled, all that remains is the paperwork. and, apparently, finding housing for tsubaki. 

"i think there's a stipend you can apply for if you need housing in the vicinity. i'll see what i can dig up for you when i send over the contracts to sign." she looks up at the last blossoms of a drooping tree branch. 

"you're dismissed. any other questions, you can send via email or text, but i rarely check the latter." she's always been terrible at keeping her phone on her. "i'll see you monday, provided you don't change your mind."