TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
Shore: Tori & Isaac [RT]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2023 17:28:41 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Another day another patrol session. Not that, that was a problem in Tori's eyes. She'd been running into a lot of...peculiar situations as of late and it was keeping her on her toes. More likely than not she run into one of those League roaches and she'd have to battle. If anything, all this was great active training for her. [break][break]

It alerted her to weaknesses she could be working on. Though she didn't enjoy failing, at the end of the day her losses weren't complete failures. She'd always leave with information that could be used for Rocket to plot their next move. That was a win in her book any day. Alright, okay, maybe that was a reach, maybe she was grasping for straws here but anything to save face. [break][break]

You had to start somewhere after all, right?[break][break]

"Oz you check near the trees, I'll comb the beach. Let me know if you find something." She said with a point. Oz nodded and left to begin his own little search. They didn't stray too far from one another just in case they would need to react quickly, but separating like this would be help them cover more ground in the long run.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

𓆩♡𓆪 rt mission: shore[break]
𓆩♡𓆪 mp tracker:[break]
- 50 participation[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- total:60 mp[break]

𓆩♡𓆪 tactical gear w/ hood & mask

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.tori1]--accent:#a882b1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tori1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 3:29:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Beach combing was a hobby best spent with others. Unfortunately, in an active warzone like this, cooperation was hard to come by.[break][break]

"That'll send 'em packing." Isaac harbored no ill will to the grunts he'd sent scrambling over the horizon. He did, however, need them gone so he could start searching for the caravan they scrambled. A supply run had gone dark in this area, and he wasn't about to just stand back and let perfectly valuable resources sink beneath the stands.[break][break]

Luckily, his Pokemon had his back. Supernova and Nitro circled overhead, keeping a bird's eye few on the situation. As the Staravia and Fletchinder criss-crossed through the air, a troupe of Falinks scrabbled in their wake. It was going to take a lot of eyes to get a handle on this situation, and nobody brought as many to the table as Crash and the Boys.[break][break]

"Any luck?" Isaac looked over from the water's edge, his efforts at finding anything along the damp sands so far fruitless. Crash and the Boys looked over from their own quadrants of the beach, shaking out a "no" in unison. "Ugh. C'mon, a caravan doesn't just get up and walk away . . ."[break][break]

There'd been far too much fighting over this corner of the beach for there to be Literally Fucking Nothing. The League pushed Rocket out of the area. Rocket pushed the League out of the area. Now Isaac pushed Rocket out of the area. Like hell was he going to end up empty handed when the next part of the vicious cycle came knocking his way.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
Maybe somehow I came off too strong to you~
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 2:56:26 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

While she was patrolling the area she got some information from Rocket through coms that they had managed to interrupt a supply caravan that belonged to the League, however they were struggling on securing said supplies for themselves. They were requesting reinforcements from any able bodied person in the area, which included her.[break][break]

Tori lightly whistled to Oz to call him back to her side as they would make their way towards the rendezvous point. Obviously securing those supplies would be a good boon for Rocket. Not to mention it would serve as a small blow to the League as well. But if they were truly struggling to secure these goods she wasn't quite sure how much she'd be able to help. [break][break]

"You look like shit." Tori commented on one of the grunts that had managed to escape an assault by a league member. They grunted as if to say 'No Shit' but she just smirked and handed them some first aid supplies. The furthest that Rocket had gotten with this damn caravan was not too far from where she was. But with busted up wheels they couldn't exactly just lug all of the supplies over to their area without being caught by League personnel that lingered in the area. [break][break]

"A distraction hmm?" Tori muttered to herself as she made her way with some other grunts to find those that were still lurking in the area. "Zero." with a small flash of light her zorua appeared with a grin on his features. "Let's play hide and seek." she said with a grin and Zero snickered beside her before shimmering into a perfect illusory copy of herself. [break][break]

Zero ran off in the open and Victoria would hide. Hopefully he would be able to serve as a bait to draw out the enemy, meanwhile Tori and the rest of the grunts with her could attempt to ambush them from another angle while their focus was elsewhere.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- total:70 mp[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.tori1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tori1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[/quote]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 4:05:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]With how quiet Isaac's beach combing had gotten, even the slightest sound was enough to get Isaac's attention. He perked up and turned towards the disguised Zorua, all according to Tori's plan.[break][break]

No League uniform, and a facial mask. Yep. That was a Rocket alright. She darted across the shore, not engaging Isaac but not making much effort at avoiding him, either. To most League personnel, it would seem like open season. A lone operative, yet to make a name for herself, would be open season for any Leaguer with something to prove or a chip on their shoulder.[break][break]

Unfortunately for Tori, but perhaps fortunately for her Zorua, Isaac wasn't the type to shoot first and ask questions later. Instead, as she darted across his field of vision, he simply turned around to shoot her a cheery wave. Was that seriously his only response to an enemy soldier? The hell kind of operative was he?[break][break]

The kind who, as he waved, briefly shaped his hand into the shape of a Staraptor's crest. Supernova may have only been a Starvaia, but he understood a hint when he saw one. On a wing and a prayer, he followed in the grunt's wake, keeping high enough to the sky to hopefully avoid her suspicion.[break][break]

One bird overhead, to help keep an eye out on the worst. One bird following this newcomer, in case her escape would lead him towards where he was trying to go. A whole group of little guys scattered around, searching for as much evidence on this beach as they could possibly scrounge up. Isaac was going to be a tough nut to get the jump on, but he'd just tipped his hand as to his own passivity. Perhaps that would be the first brick to pull to make the tower crumble.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 13:53:02 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Of course things wouldn't go as planned. After all she was no tactician. While she might have known her way around a few battles here and there she was no soldier either. She was a mercenary, a glorified errand boy. Victoria's frown deepened from her hiding spot as she noticed no one interacted with Zero the way she had intended. [break][break]

And it wasn't like Zero could do some great acting for her either. This was only a visual illusion after all. With a heavy sigh Tori turned to the other grunts with her. "I'll try to serve as a distraction myself. Leave a couple of people hidden in case I need help, the rest of you try to get the cargo up and moving." [break][break]

There were no objections to her plan, after all if she wasn't to go out there on her own they would be hard pressed to stop her. But this wasn't some grand self-sacrificing plan of hers. She just hoped that this would be more efficient of a plan than them all running into trouble and losing the supplies they had just recently stolen.[break][break]

Tori wasn't sure what to expect just yet but there was one take away from this whole thing, Tori had been alerted to a presence. An enemy no doubt but she wasn't exactly sure of their prestige just yet. She walked towards where Zero had last ran past with her hands raised as if to signal she meant no harm. "And here I thought our little trick would work."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- total:80 mp[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 17:02:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Supernova was rarely the most subtle of Pokemon, but just staying away had been enough to help the boisterous bird avoid detection. He'd continue tailing the "strange girl" from afar, but that was hardly the most important part of this little tale. After all, what they had thought was Tori was actually little more than an imitation.[break][break]

What was far more important was seemingly the same girl walking out, hands up and a light tone to her voice. Isaac quirked an eyebrow. She'd changed direction really fast, and Supernova wasn't following her. Somehow, he had the feeling "our little trick" wasn't just running in a circle.[break][break]

"Oh, trust me. I'm somewhat of a trickster myself. I'm not just gonna fall for any old scheme." A cheeky grin spread across Isaac's face. "But, hey. Nice shot. Even lured one of my Pokemon away."[break][break]

The rest of his Pokemon were a lot less distracted. Nitro continued to circle above, her sharp eyes focused on the land below. Crash and the Boys approached more directly, waddling around the newcomer in an evenly-spaced circle. They seemed more curious than hostile, even as Crash kept his little shields held close to his body.[break][break]

"So. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. Were you hoping I'd just see a Rocket and go running off to fight you?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 17:58:48 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Conversation. Something, once again, she hadn't been expecting. Of course, it would've been the best outcome of this whole situation but the mood was awfully light for this being a battleground. It left her skeptical and on guard, but she didn't test her theory, after all she was the distraction. [break][break]

"So. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. Were you hoping I'd just see a Rocket and go running off to fight you?" his pokémon slowly began to approach but they didn't look like they were going to harm her. So, Tori shoved her hands into her pockets while they continued to converse. [break][break]

"Guilty as charged." Tori responded with a small smirk. "I mean, can you blame me though? This is a battlefield after all." she said with a slight shrug of her shoulders. "Your turn. What's your story? Why didn't you attack me?" Why don't you attack me now?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- total:90 mp[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 0:40:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Isaac cocked an eyebrow as Tori's hands slid into her pockets. Hidden weapons? Pokeballs? An attempt at making herself seem less threatening? Isaac decided not to escalate things any further, but he didn't let the gesture go unnoticed. Proper attentiveness could spell the difference between life and death.[break][break]

"More to a battlefield than running around picking fights," Isaac answered, mirroring Tori's shrug with one of his own. "I'm here to help. Not to rack up a body count. If anything, I should really be walking and talking right now." Or maybe he shouldn't. If Supernova was following this Rocket's Zorua, he might end up bumping into the caravan for him. Why not distract the main threat while he went scouting?[break][break]

" 'Sides. I know you've all got your reasons for being there. Some over there are gonna tell you otherwise, but like hell am I ever gonna forget it." After all, Isaac had been through the same wringer as them for a year. He couldn't just turn that off to call them some swarm of faceless terrorists.[break][break]

Then again, Tori's reaction had been a lot less strong than a lot of other Rockets. Did she not know? Or was this part of the whole disarming act that she'd been weaving since their first words to each other? It wasn't like his exit from Rocket had been much of a secret. Hell, he'd be surprised if didn't have a bounty on his head.[break][break]

"Surprised you haven't already come for my head, considering. Clearly, Crash & the Boys have you too scared to try anything." The sarcastic edge to his voice and the amused smirk on his face made it clear he wasn't betting on them.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 18:52:32 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Amused. Tori was cautious, but amused at the same time. The end result would be a battle either way, there was no way she could leave him here with the other's attempting to sneak their goods away from their trackers right under their nose. But for now she'd enjoy their little chat. [break][break]

Though as she continued to listen there were a few things that she picked up on that left her with more questions. 'Forget?' she thought to herself. It didn't show on her outward expression, considering she was still wearing a smirk. But one wouldn't say something like that unless they were 'familiar' with something.[break][break]

To be familiar in this case would mean they were involved which could only mean one thing... "Surprised you haven't already come for my head, considering. Clearly, Crash & the Boys have you too scared to try anything." Tori's grin slowly fell from her face as a deep sigh left her lips. "Ah, I see." so her assumption was correct after all. "What a shame."[break][break]

With a click of her tongue she crossed her arms over her chest. "And here I thought we were getting along." The skies overhead quickly began to darken as RAIN began to fall. Somewhere out of view, Tori's Phione, picked up on the situation and began a timely RAIN DANCE. A soft rumbling of thunder could be heard as the clouds above swelled and swirled. [break][break]

"And no, I'm never afraid." she replied just as a flash of light was lit from behind her signaling Osiris' AURA SPHERE being charged before blasted straight at them. Rules were rules, and Tori just had to obey. There was no other option for her. Desertion was paid in blood, it was just that simple. She was sure he had his reasonings, they all did, but so did she.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- total:100 mp[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 19:55:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The second the skies darkened, Isaac was ready. He tossed a Pokeball down to the ground, the Mega Brace on his arm already glowing a bright white. "Shame? No, non. The fun's just getting started." The Pokeball opened into a bright red flash, yet seemingly nothing came out the other end.[break][break]

The was because a bright white light was already streaking towards Crash and the Boys, who were sent flying by Tori's Lucario. Four massive arms shot out from the light, snatching the poor Falinks up with quick, precise movements. When the light of Infinity Energy dissipated, the culprit's identity was clear: Omega the Mega Metagross, now with six little passengers on its back.[break][break]

The Mega Metagross glared down towards Lucario, psychic energy streaming from its eyes. Crash and the Boys whispered among themselves, then began whooping and cheering for their companion. Empowered by their Coaching, Omega launched a relentless tide of Psychic power towards the Lucario.[break][break]

As they engaged, Isaac held a hand out to catch the falling rain. As droplets pooled in the curve of his hand, he let them rise in the form of a small ball of water. "So. Fearless, eh?" he asked. "I dig where your head's at, but take it from me. That just means you've never gotten a good scare yet."[break][break]

"New girl, I take it? Or are you just compensating for something?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 19:08:54 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

It wasn't that Victoria was incapable of feeling fear. Her recent escapades with the Blood Moon Ursaluna showed her that wasn't the case and that there was plenty of things that could still rock her to her core. But why would she admit that to a total stranger, a deserter at that. Confidence was half the battle, that's what she learned in Kanto. [break][break]

But confidence could also be a downfall, so she made sure usually not to overestimate her opponents. But nothing could've prepared her for what began to unfold as combat between them began to progress. She watched as his Metagross mega evolved and glared at her Lucario. She clicked her tongue in disapproval.[break][break]

She wasn't equipped to deal with mega evolutions at the moment. Especially since she was down a pokémon as well because she had sent Zero off. Empowered by its allies a wave of psychic energy rushed towards Osiris. He had attempted to QUICK GUARD against the incoming attack but he honestly wasn't used to such a burst from an empowered enemy. [break][break]

The psychic wave hits and the jackal crumbles under the pressure. "Fuck." she grumbles as Osiris attempted to get back to his feet before completely blacking out. "Nice try buddy," she whispered to him as she recalled him. They had been fighting nonstop recently too. The exhaustion plus power match-up was all probably too much. She pushed him too far. [break][break]

"New girl, I take it? Or are you just compensating for something?" Victoria glared back at her opponent as she watched as he collected the water droplets in the air to form a water ball of sorts in his palm. He suddenly reminded her of and his MIASMA which could only mean one thing, he was an avatar. [break][break]

"Stop talking like you know me." Tori growled. "We're not that close." she said as she took a step back. One pokémon fainted, another missing. This wasn't looking good for her. Neri wasn't quite ready yet to handle these guys and the way she saw it, water wasn't going to be doing much against this guy.[break][break]

She didn't have to explain anything to this man. Her pride dictated it so. She'd experienced all manner of hell in her life. But she could help but feel her insecurities flair in the face of imminent defeat. She was weak and clearly outclassed here. Her plan was scuffed from the beginning. She shook her head and laughed pitifully at herself.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 faction race[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 50 pkmn k.o.[break]
- total:170 mp[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 21:43:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Not that close." A small, cheeky grin spread across Isaac's face. "Well, you didn't even know me before. So I'll take it."[break][break]

As he spoke, Omega set his sights on the Phione. His eyes narrowed. His claws flared out at the ready. Meteoric power welled up within his body, ready to swell to a crescendo and wipe this last foe off of the board. Behind him, Crash and the Boys held on for dear life, doing their best not to be blown away by the sheer force being mustered.[break][break]

A single whistle cut it all off. With one last warning glare shot the Phione's way, Omega retreated to his trainer's side. Wirh the Mega Metagross now looming behind him, Isaac looked less like an easygoing young man and more like some kind of six-armed demigod. Who knew presentation could make such of a difference?[break][break]

Yet, in spite of all of that, he just kept smiling. "Can't say I know you. But I know your spot." Little spurts of dream mist bubbled up from the fissures their brief fight caused. In the puffs of smoke and mirrors, perhaps Tori would see someone near unrecognizable, blonde and scrawny and carrying himself like the king of the world. "Used to act like I was invincible. Figured if I did, it'd come true."[break][break]

Each puff now told a different story. Terrified for his life beneath the foundations of a house, surrounded by a patrol of hungering Mightyena. Lost and listless at the base of Mt. Pyre, clutching a slashed-up eye while standing vigil beside his dying Aggron. Crushed within the grip of a towering Golurk in the sepia-hued depths of the Border. Broken, in body, mind, and spirit alike, beneath Lugia's shadow.[break][break]

"That's not being fearless. That's lying to yourself. This region's full reasons to be afraid. Very, very good ones." He clenched his fist around the globe of water in his palm, turning it into a frozen dagger. Then, with a sweep of his palm, he turned it back to harmless vapor. "You don't want to be fearless. You want to be brave. That means knowing you're afraid and following your heart anyway."[break][break]

Perhaps that heart would point to Rocket. Perhaps it would wander other roads, uncharted territories, that Tori would have to unpack herself. Every journey was different.[break][break]

"Keep that spirit up, alright?" Once more, that cheeky grin spread across his face. "Bet you'll have me on the ropes next time."[break][break]

Yet next time would be next time. The agitated sway of Omega's limbs, surrounding Isaac on all sides, was a painful reminder of what might happen if the issue got pushed further this time.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Arti

Ji-Won Ki
She/Her
April 8th
Cerulean City, Kanto
Bisexual
Mercenary
Associate
You'll need it
like a craving
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
203 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tori
Victoria Beckett
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 22:45:58 GMT
Victoria Beckett Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tori1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Well, you didn't even know me before. So I'll take it."[break][break]

Victoria rolled her eyes and groaned in annoyance. Still, she'd take his snarky quips over what he could be doing to her right now. The difference in strength was clear, and Victoria was out of her league. At least for now. The DREAM MIST was an ever present force on this island, this time was no different. Over the course of her escapades on this island she'd gotten exposed to the mist enough to grow sick of it. [break][break]

But as she was backed into a corner she was granted glimpses of what would seem to be her opponents past. Each word that he spoke pierced a spot in Tori's chest that made her want to squirm. She felt extremely uncomfortable, perhaps because there was clear truth in his words. But she didn't want to hear his preaching, not here. [break][break]

She didn't come here for a therapy session, she was just a soldier. Besides, everything he said was in direct contradiction to everything that she had been taught back in Kanto. "Ugh." she groaned as she held her head. With the MIST'S involvement pops of dream bubbles would appear around her as well. [break][break]

What they showed was the hell she endured. The abuse from her parents who took their anger and frustration out on her whenever they couldn't measure up to Rocket's standards. The death, poverty, and corruption she was exposed to at a young age. The eventual death of her parents to the rescue and eventual adoption from . [break][break]

Hell, even her private moments when she'd cried to herself whenever she was left alone because she was scared weren't spared. She'd often crawl into her father's empty bed and cry herself to sleep when he was gone. Tori wasn't fearless, no, but she couldn't expose her fear because that weakness would be exploited in such a way that she'd wish she was never alive. She'd been there, done that. Kanto was unsympathetic. [break][break]

Kanto was such a different beast than what those here had to deal with that it was unreasonable to believe that she'd be able to properly work through and heal through all of her trauma. And this was just as taste. "Keep that spirit up, alright?" A bright smile spread across his face "Bet you'll have me on the ropes next time."[break][break]

As Victoria retreated she glanced back at him once more in confusion. "I don't understand you..." Why would he go so far out of his way to offer her advice like that, especially to an enemy. He knew, having been in Rocket, he knew she would be forced to confront him again. Tori was always taught unconditional kindness, was empty kindness. A tool used to manipulate your target. Every fiber of her being was warning her but yet he seemed so sincere. She was conflicted. But she didn't hate the guy, snarky and annoying as he was. [break][break]

She didn't look back as she disappeared further into the DREAM MIST to get away from them. After all, she was sure they would meet up again.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 faction race[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 50 pkmn k.o.[break]
- 10 ic post[break]
- 10 interdream mist[break]
- 100 mission complete[break]
- 300 mission/battle loss[break]
- total:590 mp[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 0:35:19 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: