TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
sky: lulu vs lars
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2023 12:39:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the sharp screeches of bats cut through the salty air, a varied horde of them approaching like a shadow across the sky. their colony forked, flying this way and that. a few followed by the side of a large noctowl.[break][break]

lulu rode on the back of her impressive bird. while many of her bats went off to find their own battles, her squadron was much more focused on what was going on below with league personnel, as they moved their supplies and equipment forward.[break][break]

it might be clear from a distance that this was an intel mission.

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]
- 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.[break]
- 50 MP for participation in a RT Battle/Mission.[break]
total: 60 MP[break][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noctowl"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-golbat"]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-golbat"][break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 18:17:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was down on the ground—and no, he was not going to light up a cigarette and smoke.

That would just give away his position. Much tempted as he was to pull out the vape and take a drag, he wasn’t going to do that either, so…

He was chewing on a piece of gum at the moment; however his Dusknoir was hiding in his shadow (strange that Nero liked doing that lately) just in case he was jumped on. It was always good to have an extra pair of eyes traveling along with him.

So far, though? Nothing.

Except… why were there so many damned bats out? What was up with that?

participation — 50
post — 10

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 9:06:44 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the bats were not the immediate threat. up in the sky, perhaps even out of the head ranger’s field of vision, a roaring moon had appeared and decided to pursue lulu’s noctowl. the two bats struggled to keep up at the rear as the chase arced lower towards the ground, heading straight for lars’ position.[break][break]

as a flamethrower ripped from the dragon’s maw, lulu bailed off her bird into the sand. singed feathers floated down in its wake as noctowl then led the roaring moon back up into the air. it was too slow to keep any distance between them.[break][break]

with a groan, lulu sat up in the sand. when her gaze fell on lars, however, she was quick to get fully to her feet. her eyes passed between the roaring moon and him.[break][break]

it occurred to her that she could not take them both at once. however, anything he sent out to use against her would also be at the mercy of the very angry or hungry dragon.[break][break]

”damn paradox pokémon, right?”[break][break]

she wiped a bit of blood from her cheek and quit eyeing at him, gaze to the sky as she hoped for the best outcome—and that lars was too tired to start shit when he was all by himself. [break][break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.[break]
+ 10 MP for spawning a paradox pokemon.[break]
total: 80 MP[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 20:38:19 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He could only guess there was something that had upset the bats, and was causing them to mass-exodus out of their cave…

And the answer came screaming down from the sky a few moments later; while it did resemble a Salamence at some point, there were a few details that threw off the appearance.

(Odd, didn’t have one of these or something?)

The flames had forced someone out of the sky, and his eyebrows went up at the sight of… wait a second…

“Funny you would come falling out of the sky—” he began before said not-a-Salamence roared again, and this time swept the entire radius in front of them with another powerful Flamethrower burst!

“What the fuck.”

Almost immediately it looked like his shadow elongated; only to reveal a Dusknoir emerging from it, and quickly racing to close the distance and slam the damned thing with an Ice Punch attack!

participation — 50
post — 20

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 2:27:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the flamethrower swept across the sand, and again, lulu was just able to dodge out of the way.[break][break]

”what’s that supposed to mean?” she called over, just as the ranger’s dusknoir appeared from his shadow. as lulu had hoped, their attack landed on the paradox pokemon–and not her noctowl.[break][break]

just as it was nearly within reach of the dragon, the owl maneuvered itself sharply to the side. the roaring moon passed, and a night shade sparkled around it.[break][break]

as lulu watched the battle, she calculated her exit.[break][break]

total: 90 MP[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 4:59:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He knew who was in front of him, and there was no way in hell he was going to let her get away.

(But then again, who knew how inaccurate the Rocket information network was about positions and all that shit.)

“Oh, I don’t know. Just happened to get word that someone important from your side of the fence going around these parts… which would be you.”

His Dusknoir was dealing with the not-a-Salamence by chasing after it with another barrage of Ice Punches while he looked around just in case she decided to summon several more Pokémon and attack him while his guard was down.

participation — 50
post — 30

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 5:09:39 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

”important, eh?” she sent a bloody grin his way, high off fiery heat and adrenaline from near-death. ”i’m blushing.”[break][break]

shit.[break][break]

there was a screech from her owl above as it was clawed into and dragged through the air for a distance before breaking free. she shaded her gaze from the sun with her hand to see it happen.[break][break]

”i’d rather not battle you, lars,” she admitted as she watched. ”why don’t we just pretend we didn’t see each other?”[break][break]

total: 90 MP[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 11:55:46 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Oh?”

He blinked. Well, that was a start. She didn’t want to fight? His eyebrows went up.

“Color me surprised. Why the sudden ask of not fighting? You look like you’re riding on a high.”

Unless this was a deception designed to leave him astray, he would keep his guard up.

Over where his Dusknoir was busy chasing down the not-a-Salamence with Ice Punch attacks, he thought he heard screeching from somewhere and looked up in time to see another Pokémon almost manhandled by said Salamence-adjacent being.

“Or are you trying to nab that Salamence… not that I know who owns it… to study?”

participation — 50
post — 40

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 8:18:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

”just glad to be alive, i guess. i’m tired of war.”[break][break]

she had experienced some close calls. in particular, against , her strange bow and arrows, and her fleet of lizards.[break][break]

”nab it? absolutely not. i’m tying to get away from it.”[break][break]

the bats, while slower than both noctowl and certainly roaring moon, managed to get close enough with patience to deliver a dual air cutter.[break][break]

”i have enough to study. they don’t belong in this world, and i’d rather they disappear, back to their realm.”[break][break]

total: 100 MP[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 11:12:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This time it was his Dusknoir that had gotten tangled within the Salamence-adjacent beast’s claws, however another quick Ice Punch to the jaw forced it to release him from its hold, despite being a spectral being.

Yeesh, whatever that thing is, it’s fucking dangerous! he thought as the Dusknoir continued to chase it away along with the Noctowl and what appeared to be some bats…

“Aren’t we all,” he mused. Him, agreeing with the same sentiment? Problem here was that he was supposed to bark and snarl and attack anything that moved that wore Team Rocket colors, despite all that.

In the end we’re all human, though… he continued to himself with a frown on his face.

“I thought you were traveling along with him—the avatar of Lugia?”

He wondered if he would be able to get some information out of this encounter at least.

Apparently the Salamence-adjacent beast was full of bloodlust and wasn’t going to easily stop at nothing to try and eat at least one Pokémon…

participation — 50
post — 50

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 1:29:17 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

before she could answer lars, the roaring moon suddenly whipped around, choosing to take quick shot at the golbat that got too close. teeth found purchase on a wing proceeded to brutally rip it from the bat’s body.[break][break]

it spiraled down through the air, and lulu lunged through the sand to catch it in her arms. it bled profusely, though the solid black of the scientist’s clothing hid the growing stain well enough.[break][break]

her jaw set in anger. pain was in her eyes as the life faded from her pokemon.[break][break]

appeased by the blood and flesh, the paradox pokémon flew off, leaving the chaotic skirmish behind.[break][break]

roaring moons had been following her relentlessly, almost as though they were cursed. she wondered if it was not the work of the league.[break][break]

bitterness grew at the thought.[break][break]

”you’re right. i am,” she finally confirmed, eyes looking back up to articuno’s avatar. on top of bitterness, she realized her jealousy. ”maybe we should fight then.”[break][break]

+ 200 MP pokémon death.[break]
total: 310 MP[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 7:04:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Nero the Dusknoir was about to come in for another swiping punch at the Salamence-adjacent Pokémon but then…

His eyes widened at the sight of said beast ripping the Golbat apart before it fell out of the sky and landed in her arms… ouch.

And there we go… he thought, before the Dusknoir vanished into spectral wisps only to reappear by his side—only for said Ghost-type to prepare a Shadow Ball, ready to fire!

He drew his lips into a thin line before he whistled sharply at the Dusknoir, exactly once, before the humming energy dissipated into thin air.

“Ladies first,” he added with this unknowing look on his face, while his Dusknoir waited for the signal to start attacking.

participation — 50
post — 60

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 19:04:06 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

what remained of the mangled body of her bat was laid on the ground with more tenderness than she had given elsewhere during the war, for the death of a klinklang or magnezone.[break][break]

she realized that her flock had grown on her just as her dogs had, and as penrose had as well. they were companions.[break][break]

i’m sorry.[break][break]

a signal was thrown to the remaining bat, and it flew off into the sky, away from the island.[break][break]

her noctowl remained, a few feathers torn out here and there, a little blood, but otherwise doing well enough to engage in battle—and quite ready for it.[break][break]

”sure.”

a whistle commanded her bird, and its eyes glowed. night shade shot out of its gaze in two jagged black beams, carving swiftly towards its foe.[break][break]

total: 320 MP[break][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noctowl"][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 20:25:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

In the end, they were all human, after all.

The battlefield reminded him of the previous time that they’d tussled up against Team Rocket (Postdormitum), however this time, he at least allowed her enough time to lay her fallen Pokémon companion to rest for a little bit before they got to the thick and bloody of it.

“Sorry about your Golbat,” he said before the Dusknoir took the point position and then opened fire with a Confuse Ray on the Noctowl while taking the hit from the Night Shade attack.

It was at this point he belatedly realized something, but he would not speak about it unless she found out what it was…

participation — 50
post — 70

Dusknoir used Confuse Ray on Noctowl!

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,371 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 6:15:15 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

he was sorry?[break][break]

she wasn’t sure how to take the apology. the way her expression iced over disguised the humane sadness that gripped her over the loss.[break][break]

”don’t be. just the price of war.” it was my own decision. she could have stayed underground, on her island, and perhaps no one would have noticed she hadn’t come, for darkrai was no longer an indicator of her presence.[break][break]

unaware of whatever had occurred to him, lulu watched the battle, not interfering with the noctowl’s decisions. the confuse ray hit true, and it listed sideways, seeming to momentarily forget its target.[break][break]

total: 330 MP[break][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-noctowl"][break]