he/him
september 25
snowpoint city
bisexual
doctor
associate
26 height
26 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
151 posts
marcus kotov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kotov
marcus kotov
supply: nm [rt]
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 2:34:46 GMT
marcus kotov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango marc"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
while others work to break into the cave, marcus finds himself busied with taking supplies off one of their ships. it's a tedious cycle of work made easier with other hands and the delicate cradle of psychic energy from his pokemon, but nonetheless still a process.
[break][break]
while he checks a crate of lab supplies, an unown pops out of one of the pokeballs attacked to his hip. it floats down off the ship and onto the beach where the supplies are being dropped off, drawn to the woman there like a magnet. it orbits her, its one eye gleaming with curiosity.
[break][break]
supply (1/2)[break]
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]
[attr="class","bottom"]
[newclass=".marc"] --accent:#7C6678!important [/newclass][newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 22:56:34 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi scanned the ledger, then glanced at the crates already arranged at her feet. Scanners used for taking energy readings, along with sample collection kits, were still missing. She glanced up at the ship, intending to call up to the grunts doing the unloading, and came face-to-face with an Unown.[break][break]
An Unown that was not one of hers.[break][break]
Panic gripped at her chest, and she stepped back instinctively. Unown that did not belong to her were often the heralds of the DRK Triad. Was Holo back for round two?[break][break]
As if sensing her distress, Kallistatus popped into existence, immediately returned from the scouting he'd been doing out at sea. The shiny Unown-K faced the unfamiliar Unown and for several long, tension-filled seconds, Nomi held her breath. Then Kallistatus blinked away, deeming it safe to interact with Nomi.[break][break]
Which meant that Kallistatus didn't recognize it as one of its former DRK Triad peers.[break][break]
Nomi let out the breath she'd been holding, then reached out her hand to gently pat the Unown-A on the top of its head. "Hello," she greeted it. "Who do you belong to? Or are you...wild?"[break][break]
It was then that Nomi finally noticed the man approaching her, the missing crate of research equipment cradled in his arms.[break][break]
"Is this one yours?" She asked him, smiling. She didn't recognize him, either, but if he had her crate than he was clearly one of the Rocket grunts assigned to aid her research.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Resurfaced Treasure: Sky[break]
Outfit vibes (face covered + pink hair tied up)
50 MP for participating in an MP Thread[break][break]10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]--accent:#f798d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

n/a
he/him
september 25
snowpoint city
bisexual
doctor
associate
26 height
26 height
awards
151 posts
marcus kotov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kotov
marcus kotov
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 5:40:27 GMT
marcus kotov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the unown's eye goes half-lidded, pleased, as pats it on the head. it reacts to her questions by bouncing around energetically. the behavior becomes an answer only once marcus comes into her peripheral, bearing a box in his arms. scrawled across the top is a barely-legible, hastily-scrawled LAB EQUIPMENT label.
[break][break]
"ah."
[break][break]
he recognizes it as his own right away. it does another orbit around the two of them, then floats in close to kallistatus, drawn to the unown-k just as much as its trainer.
[break][break]
"it is. has it been causing issues?"[break][break]
he shifts the weight of the crate in his hands, then bends to set it down with the rest. while he's preoccupied, his unown looks at naomi with a big, pleading eye, as if to convince her to say it isn't being a problem.
[break][break]
supply (1/2)
[attr="class","bottom"]
[newclass=".marc"] --accent:#7C6678!important [/newclass][newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass][newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 17:28:08 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Nomi laughed. This Unown had quite the personality.[break][break]
"Not at all," she answered. "It's very friendly. I think it may be drawn to me because of my...well, because of what I am."[break][break]
She eyed the man before her, unfamiliar with his appearance but immediately recognizing the patient, thoughtful gaze of an academic...or at least, someone professional, rather than just another frivolous brute.[break][break]
He seemed level-headed, but she ought to find out a little more about him before divulging all of the details of her Avatarship. The report she'd delivered to immediately following her altercation with Dr. Holo in the RKS Machine had been strictly limited to leadership's eyes only.[break][break]
Too many defections as of late; the betrayals leaving a bitter taste in her mouth.[break][break]
Isaac already knows, though, a small voice whispered. If he tells the League, then what does it matter?[break][break]
"I'm sure you know of me already, I'm Head Scientist Naomi Sato," She held out her hand to him, now that his arms were free of her crates. "Apologies, but I don't believe I got your name?"[break][break]
It would be useful to test out some of my powers on an Unown that does not belong to me, she realized, waiting for him to reply.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nomitest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

n/a
he/him
september 25
snowpoint city
bisexual
doctor
associate
26 height
26 height
awards
151 posts
marcus kotov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kotov
marcus kotov
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 7:28:27 GMT
marcus kotov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

's answer opens a door to new questions, but he holds them between his teeth for now. whatever it is — whatever she is — doesn't seem like a conversation she wants to go in depth with a stranger. his curiosity is shuttered away as he finds a place to put his crate down. [break][break]
"i do," he says with a dip of his head, reaching for the handshake offered to him. "it's a pleasure to finally meet you."
[break][break]it's not exactly a fortunate circumstance to meet on the battlefield, but networking at war is still networking.[break][break]
"marcus kotov," he introduces, running through the basics with rote brevity. "i'm a psychiatrist. i transferred here from kanto about a month ago."
[break][break]
his gaze slides from her face toward his unown, lingering as it bounces up and down beside her. and, as if amused by its unusual behavior, he smiles. [break][break]"it really is drawn to you — it usually hides when it's around strangers."[break][break]
supply (1/2)

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 2:04:05 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

A psychiatrist? She wasn't sure what she'd been expecting, but it hadn't been that. How curious. And, she decided, useful.[break][break]
Nomi smiled back at Marcus when he mentioned the Unown. She held out her hand, and the Unown-A flitted down to it, circling around her arm enthusiastically. She giggled.[break][break]
"I have a special relationship with the Unown," she began. "I am their Avatar. It means they've accepted me as one of their own, and have gifted me some of their power. In return, I show them the love and affection they deserve."[break][break]
Kallistatus joined the Unown-A, and the two stared at one another, a silent conversation between kin.[break][break]
"The thing is...I'm new to this," Nomi admitted. "I'm still figuring out everything I can do." She eyed the Unown-A thoughtfully. "In fact, if you don't mind, there's a simple experiment I'd like to run right now, if you and your Unown are willing. I can see through the eyes of my Unown, but I've never tried it with an Unown that did not belong to me."[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

space

n/a
he/him
september 25
snowpoint city
bisexual
doctor
associate
26 height
26 height
awards
151 posts
marcus kotov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kotov
marcus kotov
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 21:01:39 GMT
marcus kotov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
is the avatar of the unown. he drinks in this new information in fascinated silence, genuinely surprised to meet a seemingly normal (so far, at least) avatar after encountering the likes of and .[break][break]he glances between her and his unown, weighing his curiosity against the potential misfortune of letting a rookie avatar test out her powers on his pokemon. the beat of silence is punctuated by a shrug.[break][break]"be my guest." [break][break]his unown seems more than willing enough, at least, so there's no risk of resistance and whatever side effects would come with that. [break][break]"is there anything i should be concerned about during this experiment? you haven't ... gotten 'stuck' or something to that regard before, right?"
[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 0:27:25 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

Stuck?[break][break]
Nomi laughed, musical and amused, ignoring the slight shock of realizing she'd never actually considered such a possibility before.[break][break]
"I don't think so," she answered, keeping her voice even. Confident. "It's never happened before."[break][break]
Surely Kallistatus would be able to un-stick her, should such a thing actually happen (right?).[break][break]
She stepped up to the Unown-A and held out her hand in a friendly gesture. It floated closer, and she focused on it. She reached out with her mind, probing at it, attempting to connect like she could with the Rocket Unown or Kallistatus. For a moment, nothing happened...[break][break]
Her eyes flashed a stark white, and her vision changed. Instead of looking at the Unown-A, she saw her own face through its singular eye. Mussed pastel pink hair, flushed cheeks, dark circles under pupil-less eyes, a brow furrowed with focus. She smiled, wide and delighted.[break][break]
"It worked!" She exclaimed. "How fascinating. This is very useful data, Marcus. It means that, perhaps, I can do the same thing to the DRK Triad's Unown...which are Unown I'd very much like to win over to our side."[break][break]
It occurred to her that perhaps she ought to test this on a League-owned Unown, as well. Marcus's Unown might not necessarily be bonded with her, but it was still aligned with Rocket.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

space

n/a
he/him
september 25
snowpoint city
bisexual
doctor
associate
26 height
26 height
awards
151 posts
marcus kotov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kotov
marcus kotov
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 7:54:07 GMT
marcus kotov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"alright."[break][break]despite her being a newly-minted avatar, marcus leans the weight of his trust against her brilliance as a scientist. he crosses his arms and watches his unown float toward her outstretched hand, smothering strokes of trepidation beneath a flat expression. [break][break] she assumes control of his unown — or so he assumes, given the way her eyes change. his reserved look breaks into shards of worry, but he stands there, impotently, to allow her to come back on her own. [break][break] and, after a moment, she does. he lets out a small breath of relief at how delighted she looks, thankful that his inaction was the right decision. his unown returns to normal, bouncing between them gleefully. [break][break]"i'm happy to be of some use to you. you said you're a new avatar, correct? i'm sure with more practice, you'll be able to accomplish your goals."[break][break]a beat. [break][break]"do you know your ... eyes change when you use your power?"[break][break]a shock for him, a potential vulnerability for her.
[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,349 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 17:07:35 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

"They do?" Nomi blurted. "How so?"[break][break]
She had used this ability in front of others before, mainly . Why hadn't the other woman said anything to Nomi about it? Nomi frowned, bothered by the realization that Parker had kept this from her. Maybe she didn't want to alarm me... Nomi thought, which was logical. Or maybe she's so freaked out by it, she's trying to pretend it doesn't exist...[break][break]
A pang of guilt.[break][break]
"There's so much we still don't know about Avatarship," Nomi lamented, though her expression quickly turned thoughtful. "I always did think that a human's physiology would be inherently altered by the process of becoming an Avatar, however. It's nice to have my theory confirmed."[break][break]
Nice in a frightening way, but such was the fate of a scientist - to be perpetually faced with harsh realities and unkind truths.[break][break]
"We should get this equipment to the nearest cave," she added, as if suddenly remembering the actual task at hand.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

10 MP for an IC post

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

space

n/a
he/him
september 25
snowpoint city
bisexual
doctor
associate
26 height
26 height
awards
151 posts
marcus kotov DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kotov
marcus kotov
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 18:25:34 GMT
marcus kotov Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"well," he rolls the answer around in his mouth, considering it for a moment. "your eyes turned white. no pupil, no iris, and no blinking from what i observed. once we're done here, you may want to take a video of it so you can see it for yourself."[break][break]the conversation drifts to avatar physiology, and his residuals questions slip through his fingers. his attempts to get an mri out of flashes across his mind. he raises a hand to his mouth, hiding the grimace that strengthens at the memories of the hospital room in disrepair. his hand drops, mouth neutral.[break][break]"i've been looking into that, as well. it certainly makes sense that your body would change after avatarship, but to what degree remains to be seen." [break][break] it's something to ruminate about as the war returns to the forefront of their objectives. he nods agreeably, returning to the crate of lab equipment he put down earlier. [break][break] "if you have the time, i'd be interested in talking more in depth with you about this once this war is over. compare notes and what have you."
[attr="class","bottom"]