awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
sky: lars vs amor
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 18:29:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Not his usual mount, however he had few that could be camouflaged enough as he was now on ‘eyes in the sky’ duty; as part of the lookout team today.

Hopefully it was going to be quiet; however he could hear distant shouting from the ground below and knew that this wasn’t going to be one of those days.

Now he hoped that he would be able to at least get some peace and quiet… but then again there was nothing with peace and quiet in the cards today, was there?

participation — 50
post — 10

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 15:13:41 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He felt at home here in the sky....This was his domain for better or worse, and that is when he saw his next opponent appear. It was someone that he was familiar with at the very least, and he just smiled as he rode on the back of Veritas, the Aerodactyl. It was a pokemon he rarely used due to the fact it had violent tendencies on the same level as his Rendus, and Chimera. However while he was protecting the sky from would be "heroes" he needed the raw strength that it possessed. Besides he knew his opponent well enough that he felt this would be more than a fair match up.

"Hello again....Mr. Anderson...." Came the man in the cybertech ninja suit, his voice distorted to sound more machine than human. "I don't suppose I can ask you to leave this place can I?" He folded his arms, but he already knew the answer to that question. They were both here for a mission, and no amount of talking was going to get them to relent.

TLDR
Amor shows up on an Aerodactyl!
Amor talks!

MP Total
+1 Post +10
Participation +50
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 11:51:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He sighed.

This was too good to—wait a second…

He squinted.

“I remember you, vaguely,” he began as he sat up straighter on the back of the hovering Braviary. Unlike most who’d come swinging in so far, this one at least…

“Not even if you say please,” he continued—though the snark was considerably less obvious, more subdued. Like he had a lot of things on his mind.

“If you’d humor me, though, what’s with the mask? Makes you look weird.”

participation — 50
post — 20

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 12:28:02 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

The other wouldn't see it, but he did quirk his brow at the mention of his mask, and he sighed. The distorted robotic voice not really caring to answer this, but he wasn't in a hurry at the moment. Stalling an enemy with conversation was just as effective as defeating them in battle. All he needed to do was talk a bit.

"Weird or not, I can't just let everyone see my true identity. I'd be a poor Rocket then wouldn't I?" He replied easily to the man. Sure there were some who went fully mask off, and told everyone who, and what they were. However he wasn't going to be one of them.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 12:50:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Looks like his opponent for today had something to hide, much like he did.

Masks everywhere… layer on layer of deception…

“Afraid to get your reputation tarnished by someone who may recognize you, then?” he idled, crossing his arms over his chest while his Braviary adjusted the flight trajectory to keep them at least eye level. Even his Pokémon companion was not liking the look of that Aerodactyl.

He then had the audacity to snark afterward since he couldn’t help it, “…you look like a discount ninja,” before this smirk crossed his face.

Maybe he could goad the other to have a fight in mid-air, but considering what he had with him… well, let’s see.

participation — 50
post — 30

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 13:27:21 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Had he always been this rude? If Amor was a lesser person, he would have been offended, not that he wasn't already, but still. The audacity to call him a discount ninja....He was at least more expensive that discount....Shaking his head as he did his best to not lash out irrationally in anger at the obvious goading.

"C'est la vie....Perhaps words will not suffice in this instance then. I wish you the best of luck..." With those words he, and his partner would kick it up into battle. Seeing as how their opponents were flying as well, Veritas, the Aerodactyl would flap his wings as hard as he could, and glowing orbs would appear above the other pair, before a powerful Rock Slide came crashing down on top of them in an attempt to flatten them, or knock them down to the earth.

"I really wish you would have just left...." Amor took no pleasure in any of this.

TLDR
Aerodactyl uses Rock Slide on the enemies!
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 13:50:05 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Time to fly!”

Hopefully those few tricks he’d picked up from his friend who was the (self-proclaimed) savant of flight around the region would help as he flattened himself on the back of his Braviary—this was going to be a literal aerial battle!

(Never mind the chill he felt run down his back as the boulders came flying their way…)

The Braviary banked upward; using Bulk Up in the process—and to avoid most of the boulders that came flying.

It was going to be tricky flying, considering he wasn’t as good as his friend when Flying-types were concerned, but them’s the kicks.

participation — 50
post — 40

Braviary used Bulk Up!

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 15:10:07 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

They avoided the first attack, but that wouldn't really matter much in the grand scheme of things. The boulders would keep falling as Amor, and his Aerodactyl followed them through the sky ascending alongside them. They wouldn't give up the advantage they had pressed by taking the first move. Though Lars wasn't nearly as adept as Alexei it would seem, still he was being careful. He knew that this man had unique powers, and he wasn't going to for a second believe that he had him beat until it was all over with.

"Again...." He gave the command as Veritas beat his wings roughly against the sky, and caused more boulders to fall down, attempting to enclose the other pair from all sides. It wasn't a pretty tactic, but it was enough to get the job done.

TLDR
Rock Slide spam let's go!

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 8:13:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the second Rock Slide, he was no longer impressed, though another Bulk Up from his Braviary helped them weather most of the hits.

It would only be a matter of time before either one of them slipped up and made a mistake; though…

No, not here, he thought as he was pondering on switching from one aerial mount to another and then belatedly realizing he did not have the Mega Stone for that Pokémon of his!

(So no, no Mega Evolution was going to be on the table. At least not yet anyway.)

“Is that all you’re going to do?” he drawled from the back of his Braviary, decidedly unamused while still hovering enticingly out of the way.

participation — 50
post — 50

Braviary used Bulk Up (again)!

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 16:10:52 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"I could ask the same of you....Just bolstering your defenses won't help you win." He snarked back, and then without another second of hesitation a circle of rocks would appear around his Aerodactyl's body, and then launch at the other pair like jagged daggers of death. They could trade barbs all day, but that didn't matter as Amor was planning on sending this man crashing down to the earth, broken, and bloodied.

Amor wasn't aware of this persons capabilities, but that didn't mean he would take him any less seriously. They didn't seem to be nearly as competent as when it came to flying types. So hopefully Amor could use that his advantage, and end this battle relatively quickly, but if he couldn't then in a prolonged fight he would still win, it would jsut eat away at more time.

"But I shouldn't expect less....All of you leaguers just run, and hide, you don't know how to really battle...."

TLDR
Aerodactyle uses Stone Edge!
Amor uses Taunt on Lars!

MP Total
+5 Posts +50
Participation +50

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 16:37:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Now that the Braviary felt confident enough on taking on the—wow, rude—

This bitch taunting me?! he thought, letting a hint of a snarl flash on his face; before hanging on tight as the Braviary got fed up with the coward tactics of the Aerodactyl across him and suddenly closed the distance with a Brave Bird approach…

As they say, sometimes the best attack is taking one step forward!

He was not going to fall for the taunt as the Braviary screamed in close, attempting to slam directly into the Aerodactyl!

participation — 50
post — 60

Braviary used Brave Bird and is trying to ram into Aerodactyl!

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 16:43:12 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor just laughed as they fell for it hook, line, and sinker. The moment they started using Brave Bird his Aerodactyl began to surround itself in energy as well. A spiral of power surrounded itself, and Amor as they flew straight towards the other pair with a powerful Giga Impact This is what it had all been for. To lure them in, and prevent them from trying to dodge it. For as powerful as a move as it was, it was very easy to get away from, and Amor didn't want that. So he did his best to bait them, and he just smirked. In a contest of power between the prehistoric wyvern, and this modern eagle, Amor was curious to see who would come out on top.

"You are all really dumb...." Amor snarked at his opponent, even through the distorted voice, Lars would be able to make out the hint of superiority that the cybertech ninja felt towards him right.

TLDR
To meet their Brave Bird head on, Aerodactyl uses Giga Impact to crash into them to make it a contest of power! Attack clash!
Amor taunts Lars again!

MP Total
+6 Posts +60
Participation +50

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 17:12:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Knowing that the crash was going to be inevitable, he held on for fucking life as the two attacks collided in mid-air; however fact of the matter was that the Aerodactyl’s attack was more powerful than the one he’d used; which very nearly unseated him from mid-air!

Yikes, what the fuck!

Thankfully, the Braviary Endured the hit; before breaking off to veer some distance away…

“And overwhelming force sometimes isn’t the answer either, you know?!” he hollered back, reaching down for the knife strapped to his leg and drawing it just in case whoever this masked… loon was decided to start chucking weapons at him.

(To be fair, he’d almost fallen off from the Braviary’s back but was not going to admit that!)

participation — 50
post — 70

Braviary used Endure because ouch, that shit hurt!

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,848 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 14:54:45 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"If overwhelming force doesn't get you what you want, then you simply need to apply more of it." Came the cold words as his Aerodactyl grimaced at the fact that his opponent was still standing. It's head began to glow with steel like energy, and it rushed at the Braviary once more with incredible speed. It had endured one hit, but could it endure another? Amor didn't think so, and so the Iron Head was set on course to knock them both out of the sky.

"Tell me Mr. Anderson, why do you not call upon your Patron to dispose of me? I know you have one ever since we met in that other place." He questioned the man, already plotting his next move to deal with whatever would come at him. Most of the Leaguer's that he had met would be chomping at the bit in order to show off how strong they were. Amor didn't know exactly who his Patron was, but it did strike him as odd that he wasn't leveraging his powers, and abilities in the same way that the other Avatars he had encountered did. "Or have you lost them?" He asked perhaps a bit hopefully. One less Avatar for the League was one less advantage that Rocket had to contend with.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 20:08:19 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This shit was getting way too scary the longer he stayed out here. Sure, he preferred the steadiness of riding on his Metagross’s back, but anything other than that (or the other that, for what it was worth) generally made him uneasy should he be found fighting in the sky.

While his Braviary was still reeling from the earlier impact, they weren’t going to go down without a damned-ass fight as the Aerodactyl approached; and they decided to engage in combat by Thrashing around—almost forgetting that they were carrying a passenger, whoops!

“That—that’s none of your business!” he retorted back; and for a while it looked like the two Pokémon were on equal footing; however the Aerodactyl had an edge over the Braviary and it was lights out for the other Pokémon, which inevitably meant—

Oh, shit, he thought as he felt his aerial mount suddenly lose altitude; he had to think fast!

Quickly recalling the knocked-out Pokémon, a second burst of red light manifested in the form of his stalwart (and steady) Metagross, Ro, who let out this panicked cry of dismay before quickly getting him on their back with a burst of Telekinetic energy. Phew…

“And I’m not going to answer that question!” he yelled as the Metagross then zoomed away into the darkness—unaware that they were headed straight into the arms of another trap…

participation — 50
post — 80
pkmn knock out — 50
sky — 100
loss — 300

Braviary is knocked out!