awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
shore: lars vs shred
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2023 18:34:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This entire thing was reminding him of the previous time that a battle had been decided in… well, would you look at that, it looked like Dewford Town would become the next highly-contested hot spot down the road, hm?

(The last time he was out here, it was an entirely different slog that had ended with his cousin getting kidnapped by the end of it, along with several other people. He idly wondered who was going to get kidnapped this time around…)

Thankfully, today he was guard near the shore—but then again that would leave him open and exposed in case someone jumped on him from the air. Or from underwater.

He then retreated back to the sandy shore, hoping that there was nothing waiting for him out there.

participation — 50
post — 10

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 10:27:52 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Unfortunately for Laurence, he wouldn't be so lucky. In a place like this, a battlefield crawling with League and Rocket alike, there was little in the way of peace to be found. Even if he didn't find any trouble, that didn't mean that trouble wouldn't find him, and sure enough, his hopes for nothing were about to be dashed.

FWOOSH! Out from the water burst a strange beast, similar to a Basculin, but not quite the same, either. Where Basculin was stout, this creature was long, and an otherworldly crimson energy flowed from its green scales. It was a creature from an age past, renewed in the distortion of this present world, and brought to it's truest potential. As it twisted in the air, its gaze turned towards Lars, and its eyes began to narrow. After some searching, Basculegion had finally found its prey, and it did not intend to let him go lightly.

"BASCU!"

With a mighty growl, the fish shot forth upon a blast of water, speeding towards its opponent upon a blistering Aqua Jet as it sought to tackle him head-on!

50MP for participation, 10MP for posting.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 20:50:08 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The water was quiet—too quiet, if he was going to be honest.

There was something prickling the back of his neck, like there was something wrong—

And he was proven right the moment the waves suddenly broke and this gigantic blur of something—wait, was it a red blur—rocketed towards him!

“What the fuck!” he hissed, throwing himself out of the way as the thing very nearly gave him a concussion—if not a concussion, an outright blow to the head—before rolling off to one side and standing up, dropping a random Pokéball in the process.

Thank fuck it was his Electivire that emerged, and Thor punched his fists together.

“Go deal with that! I’ll look for whoever the hell threw that at me!” he exclaimed as the Electivire then released a Thunderbolt attack aimed at the… wait, it looked like a Basculin but was much larger than normal.

participation — 50
post — 20

Electivire used Thunderbolt on Basculegion!

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 21:16:51 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
It might have missed its mark, but that did not mean that Basculegion was at a disadvantage. Much the opposite: Since his Aqua Jet never hit, that meant he still had plenty of momentum to work with. Enough that by abandoning that same rushing water, he could leap high enough to avoid the dangerous Thunderbolt, before quickly diving back down into the nearby sea.

In that brief moment of peace, Laurence would take the time to scan his surroundings, but with the few seconds he had, his search would come up short. Aside from the obviously domesticated fish, there was no sign of an enemy trainer at a glance. Could they have somehow hidden themselves in the surroundings? Or were they out of reach, out in the water or on some faraway cliff? There were plenty of questions raised, and frightfully little time to answer them, for the Basculegion was already back on the offensive.

The beast would burst out from the sea once more, but this time, it was not upon a jet of water. Instead, they sacrificed their speed for power, opening their jaws wide as they sought to Crunch down on the head of the Electivire. While the type match-up might've been disadvtanageous, it seemed that nothing short of defeat would dissuade it.

"BAS! CU! LEGION!"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 5:52:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He couldn’t help but wonder why he was getting extremely supernatural vibes from the strange-looking Bascu—okay, that solved his question of whether or not it was related to Basculin because it just definitely proved it fucking was related to the line!

“Be careful!” he shouted as he watched the surprisingly agile Water-type (it had to be a Water-type, right?) suddenly swerve around and try to bite the other Pokémon’s head off.

Not on my watch! he thought angrily as his Electivire had mere seconds to react before he got his head chomped off as the Electric-type swiveled one of his fists upward, crackling with electricity as they countered the attack with a Thunder Punch!

(Better a hand than his head!)

And on his end… where was the owner of this fish!

“If you’re not a coward,” he called out to the seeming nothingness in front of him, “…then why don’t you come out and fight me like a man?!”

participation — 50
post — 30

Electivire used Thunder Punch on Basculegion, never mind if his hand gets bitten (better than the head)!

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 23:19:34 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar

Despite his taunting, the owner of the fish did not show themselves. On one hand, it clearly marked them as a coward, afraid to show their face and fight fair. On the other, that fact didn't get Lars any closer to where he needed to be, did it? While he might have claimed the moral high ground, that didn't mean anything unless he could claim victory, too.

Lucky for him, he was doing well on that front, too. The crackling fist of the Electivire caught Basculegion right in the jaw, a thunderous uppercut that sent the fish flying backwards. One could practically see the killing intent drain from its eyes, replaced with shock, and then overwritten by pain. With an agonised gasp, it flailed about in the air for a moment, before splashing back down into the sea below and vanishing amidst the water.

Yes, vanish was the right time, for no matter how hard one stared into the water, they could spot no sign of the creature. Had it made a hasty retreat? No, even after getting rocked by the Thunder Punch, it didn't seem like the type to flee so easily. Clearly, there was something else afoot, but what...?

An ominous shadow settled over the Electivire, a strange spot of inescapable gloom. Then, out from the nothingness, the spectre appeared from nothing, appearing out of nowhere as it sought to catch its foe off-guard and strike its unguarded back with a Phantom Force.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 10:48:21 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Thankfully, the punch slugged the not-quite-a-Basculin and sent it careening back into the water—for the moment.

“Where is it, where did it go?” he asked as he ran over to where the Electric-type was now leering into the water… at that moment, a thought crossed his mind; what if he had Thor electrify the waters with a Thunderbolt, wouldn’t that fry wherever it was hiding and make it appear?

Just as he was about to have the Electric-type drop a Thunderbolt on the lapping surface of the water where the other Pokémon had retreated to, all the hairs on the back of Lars’s neck stood up before—

Holy shit what the fuck!

“Thor!” he yelled, jumping away at the last second before the electric-type lashed out with a surprised Stomping Tantrum that shook the ground nearby while getting smacked by the spectral attack.

Now, unless his guess was right he hoped that this strange fish did not have the Ground-typing.

(It was also a shame that Electivire could not Mega Evolve, because if it could, then what kind of a frying would this fish get? One hell of a painful one, that’s what!)

participation — 50
post — 40

Electivire used Stomping Tantrum on Basculegion, after getting clobbered by the Phantom Force!

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 1:49:26 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
It seemed that no matter what angle of attack the Basculegion took, the Electivire was able to shake it off and lash back with an attack of its own. Case in point, the fish was pushed back by the Stomping Tantrum, forced to fling itself out of harm's way, lest it get crushed underfoot. One could almost see the irritation building upon its face: Its eyes slowly narrowed, its teeth began to clench, and its phantasmal moustache seemed to droop with disdain.

Even with the sea by its back, this was a disadvantageous match-up. Electric-types were the natural enemy of Water-types, able to attack both them and their environment with a single attack. Perhaps, if the Electivire had been neck-deep in the brine, the Basculegion might have stood a chance, but while it had its feet firmly planted on land? That was a difficult prospect.

But of course, there was more than one way to win this fight, wasn't there? After all, it hadn't come here to try and defeat the lumbering brute. No, it was here to defeat its trainer.

"BAHA! BAHAHAHAHAHA! BASCULEGION!"

Like a torpedo, the fish launched forth towards Lars upon an Aqua Jet. All the while, it let out a deep and ghostly laugh, as though this cheap shot were a genius and revolutionary ploy and not a standard play from the book of dirty tricks. Then again, the Ranger wouldn't have much chance to dispute that if he was busy choking on seawater, would he?

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 17:56:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

For a few moments, he raised his eyebrows at the… okay, was this Basculin-adjacent thing losing its mind?

Did it sound like maniacal laughter?!

When was the last time he heard something laugh like that in a deranged way…

“This fish is fucking nuts,” he grumbled as he pulled himself to his feet as he dusted off the sand that had gotten all over his clothes; while the Electivire just… rolled his eyes at the incoming fish.

“I leave this to you, Thor, I still have to find who owns this deranged thing,” he added while the Electivire punched his fists together and unleashed a one-two attempt with a series of Thunder Punches while meeting the charging fish head-on!

participation — 50
post — 50

Electivire used Thunder Punch on Basculegion while meeting the fish head-on!

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 19:08:56 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Indeed, the fish truly was nuts. If only they were a tenth as intelligent as they were mad, hm? Perhaps then, its next and final move wouldn't have gone quite so so poorly for it.

THUMP! The Basculegion is hit hard head-on, sending out a shower of blood and scales alike. BZZZT! A split second later, a crack of electricity surges into the fresh wound, sending lightning coursing through the body from jaw to fin. It's a vicious and effective attack, enough to easily knock out a lesser Water-type with a single blow. Hell, even the strongest Pokemon in the sea wouldn't be able to handle more than a few.

So of course, the Electivire hit it dozens.

THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP!
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!
"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

And with one final strike, a fist as heavy as the hammer of the Gods hit the bloody and beaten Basculegion head on, and sent it spiralling off into the distance, flying off until it was little more than a speck upon the horizon.

BASCULEGION - DEFEATED.

Basculegion is knocked out!

MP TOTAL -
100 MP for Shore.
50 MP for 5 IC Posts.
10 MP for knocking out/killing another Pokemon.
50 MP for getting Basculegion knocked out.
100 MP for completing an RT Mission.
150 MP for completing an RT Battle.
50 MP for participation.
250 MP for tying.
TOTAL MP = 760MP.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 7:56:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The absolutely hilarious thing about this fight was… even while Lars was desperately looking around as to where or whomst owned this strange fish, he would find next to no sign.

(Hell, he’d already brought out his Lucario, Alpha, to help pick out auras and all that!)

Unfortunately, the other Pokémon was unable to find any other human presence… for the moment. And while the strange red fish seemingly yeeted themselves into the horizon beyond time, he blinked and saw that his Electivire had also collapsed face-down into the sand!

“Thor… then again, not all thunder gods are immortal… you did good, you know, he said quietly as he recalled the also-passed out Pokémon back into his containment unit.

participation — 50
post — 60
pkmn knock out — 50
battle tie — 250
shore — 100

Electivire also gets knocked out by the Basculegion last-ditch attack of desperation!

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 2:59:28 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: