Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Nyeh, What's Up, Doc? [S]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 3:55:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was in better shape than he expected to be, but that didn't mean he was as fit as a fiddle. Where pain subsided, wounds remained. Where power flowed out, his adrenaline crashed. So strange were the nature of his departure that, to ' untrained eye, it was all too unclear what was wrong with him in the first place.[break][break]

Perhaps it was fortunate that they had an expert on speed dial.[break][break]

Isaac was eagerly looking forward to Doug's visit. It wasn't because he was jazzed to be having hospital guests, thankful as he may have been for each one that came along. It was because, the sooner he knew what was up with him, the sooner he could say "seeya!" and ditch this damn room. His last stint in the hospital had been bad enough. That one he at least needed. Eye surgery didn't perform itself. But this? Come on! He was fine! If they'd just let him out of this damn room, he could run a lap around the region![break][break]

Okay, sure. So he may have nearly busted a gut the last time he tried to snap back into action. But it wasn't like it hurt. Hell, he hadn't even noticed until someone pointed out the little bloom of red spreading across his shirt. That meant it couldn't have been that bad, right?[break][break]

Even if it was, Doug was a miracle worker. Isaac had seen him regrow parts of his own hand. It took a lot more than some quack to make that happen. There was no way a little bit of stomach pain would be beyond his abilities. Sure, he might still need all those pesky things like "rest" and "recovery," but at least he'd be able to take his own life back along the way.[break][break]

He'd better be able to, at least. He was getting fed up with all the Rockets trying to gatecrash his room.[break][break]

All that aside, Isaac liked the guy. It'd be nice seeing him again, even if he wished it had been during better times. For now, Isaac decided to make himself comfortable. The easier of a time Doug had here, the quicker they could focus on less dreary matters.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 19:01:05 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

It was a beautiful, sunny, beachy day at Dewford beach, Dewford town's foremost hangout location for family, youths, tourists and pokemon alike.

The smell of the sea that mixed with that of delicious food coming from food stalls... the colorful scenery created by a rainbow spectrum of parasols and towels strewn across the sandy beaches... the myriad of people and pokemon from all walks of life...

Truly, Dewford was one of the Hoenn region's most underrated gems.

"Wooooah! Mommy, look!" A young, innocent child said, pointing into the sea's beautiful, spotless horizon. "A biker!"

Naturally, the mother laughed, shoulders quaking as she pet her child's head, rubbing their silly, little, empty head.

"Oh, no, dear— bikes don't floa— Ah."

And on that beautiful morning, a singular blemish was reflected upon that polished gem's shining surface.

A single biker slowly rose over the sea's horizon.

Ever so slowly, the innocent child's mother's face slowly contorted into a most disgusted scowl.

"Fucking Bikers."

The small child jolted in terror as his mother's grip on his head tightened, slowly looking up at his mother.

"M-mom?"

Cardio had never looked more extravagantly ridiculous.

The magic bikerman, John 'Doug'las Sullivan came upon the shore all too quickly for anyone's liking, parking his bike-boat into the sandy shores of Dewford with absolute shamelessness, to the dumbstruck awe of the locals.

With an unnecessary flourish, the youth flicked at his bike's handle, the lid of a small cube dangling a the center flying off to reveal a glimmering, red button. With but a single press— the boating systems holding onto his bike came loose, fully unleashing the menace of a biker upon all of Dewford then and there, to the horror of all present.

Giving everyone present a two fingered salute, the biker sped off without warning, kicking up a large cloud of sand before suddenly launching off the beach and into the roads, speeding off into the distance.

A mother and child stared off at his retreating back.

"Can't just own the road— Gotta own the seas too...?"

Outside of Isaac's room, voices were vaguely heard.

Stuff like "who are you", "what are you doing here", "you can't print a medical license on bond paper" and other meaningless little things filled the air before—

"Wassup?"
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 18:36:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Isaac couldn't help but smile as he heard the voices outside his room. It vaguely reminded him of his own time at Sootopolis' hospital. His own injuries, and all the griping of the hospital's staff, hadn't stopped him from sneaking out to check on 's own injuries. It was nice to be on the other side of that devil may care attitude.[break][break]

Couldn't print a license on bond paper? Doug clearly could.[break][break]

"Knew you'd make it," Isaac said as the door first creaked, then slammed open. He didn't look awful, all things considered. He sure as shit didn't look great. Bandages tightly wrapped around his gut, some small spots of blood still poking out through the bandages. His forehead, too, was covered up in bandages, burn cream smeared beneath. His arm was tucked into a sling, because while it was no longer broken broken he sure as shit wasn't about to push it. Nevertheless, he wiggled his wrist in the best wave he could manage.[break][break]

"So! How's it hanging?" he asked, voice surprisingly casual for someone that had informed Doug had been on death's door. "Hope you're doing a whole lot better than I am."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 13:56:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"Not exactly a high bar, mate. I ain't dead, So..." He gave the other man a once over. "Yes I am, I guess!"

Slamming the door shut behind him, the youth threw his case onto a nearby chair before popping it open, pulling out ye olde stethoscope and hanging it around his neck.

Starting it off with the classics, it seemed.

Casually, he produced what Isaac might recognize as his assigned doctor's clipboard, before beginning to sort through the blonde's medical history.

"Yer lucky healthcare in Hoenn hasn't been fully privatized yet, my guy." He said with a grin, sorting through the rest of the pages on the clipboard as if they were paper animation. "Injuries like these would've bankrupted a millionaire in Unova."

Not really, but it was nice to dream up a world were millionaires could be fucked over by the same problems they had created for the poor.

"When did they give ya yer last physical?" He asked, before interrupting whatever response he got. "Eh, doesn't matter. I'll do my own; get naked. Let's see what we're currently dealing with."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 13:31:28 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Oi, oi. I'm a lot of things, but dead ain't one of 'em." It was hard not to smirk as he stood triumphant over fate's machinations, for certain definitions of "triumph" and "standing." "'d say I should be. But I came here to get away from people that agree with him."[break][break]

Saving may have been the drive behind his flight, but this storm had been a long time brewing.[break][break]

The first thing Doug would notice was that Isaac's heartbeat was unnervingly stable. It was as if his stethoscope was hooked up to a metronome instead of a human heart. Each beat was quiet and gentle, far from the picture of a man who had been fighting for his life. Either he was ignoring what he'd been through, or he could no longer truly process it.[break][break]

At the mention of his last checkup, a sheepish smile spread across his face. "Let's just say it's been a bit," he offered. Doug didn't need to know he hadn't been since he was a kid. "And my last one sure as hell wasn't from a magic man."[break][break]

And now, for his next trick, Doug would make Isaac's clothes disappear. "At least buy me dinner first," Isaac said before lifting his shirt over his head. Doug would get a firsthand look at both Isaac's toned, lean body and his tapestry of scars, frostburns, and half-healed wounds.[break][break]

Once he got to work, he'd also be the first to see both if those change. But that was for later.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 14:55:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"It's a free check up. You should buy me dinner." He pointed out irreverently, releasing his Orbeetle. "Garo— We're doing a check up. Mind giving me a hand?"

In response, the Orbeetle lifted up the youth's case, the boxy bag popping open before a number of tools began floating in the air.

Meanwhile, Doug pressed his stethoscope to Isaac's chest and found that the other young man had the world's most rhythmic pulse. Not something to be worried about, usually, though if one considered Isaac's recent circumstances, it was an oddity.

Also... not as good a sign as some might believe.

"Hn. 60 beats per minute exactly for 3 minutes." Doug said outloud, to which his Orbeetle's eyes glowed, a pen and notepad coming together in the air. "That ain't good."

Heart rate variability (HRV) was considered a marker of the autonomic nervous system's functioning, as well as an indicator of overall health.

"Healthy hearts exhibit degrees of variability in between beats." Doug explained, brows furrowed. "Reduced HRV is associated with stress, illness, and medical conditions..."

But nevermind any of that— reduced variability was one thing; none at all was bizarre.

Not to mention that:

"Freakin'... Garo, prepare a full body scan." He grumbled, rubbing his temples.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 15:56:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Guess when you put it that way, I owe ya one, huh?" For a second, Isaac pondered the thought. "Alright. Once the League lets me walk around without a gun trained on me, you're on."[break][break]

Maybe that'd have to wait. The League wasn't the only issue Isaac had. Apparently, his heart was too composed and too precise. It sounded dope until it turned out to be way too much of a good thing. "Huh. You'd think that'd be a good thing," he mused. "Isn't stress supposed to make it go faster, anyway?"[break][break]

It'd make sense. By all accounts he should be stressed as fuck. Maybe he looped around full circle.[break][break]

Now for the harder part. If just a look at his heartbeat made it clear he was abnormal, a peek into whatever had become of his biochemistry would probably give poor Doug an anyuerism.[break][break]

What would be the first sign something was up? His body temperature, lower than it had any right to be due to Lugia's icy winds yet seemingly making no impact on his internal homeostasis? All of the half-healed wounds along his body, stabilized yet clearly not fully treated? His breathing, every bit as unnervingly perfect as his heart rate? Perhaps even those slightest signs of autolysis, the internal scarring of a man who had well and truly been dead?[break][break]

Clearly, there was work to be done.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 1:06:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

Doug snorted.

"Lotsa things can make yer heart go faster— or slower." Excitement, for one. Of multiple kinds. "But yer still human. Anything workin' with machine-like precision oughta at least be looked at it. Preferably by a pro."

Technically, Doug wasn't a pro(fessional), but Isaac would just have to settle.

Slowly, his Orbeetle hovered down to float besides him, staring silently at Isaac for a moment longer than was comfortable before turning to Doug.

The other seeming youth tilted a brow at the bug.

"Uh... So what're we workin' with?" He asked, before his pokemon's eyes glowed.

A few moments later, the youth raised his hand as if he was about to backhand Isaac, stopping himself just short before taking a deep breath.

"... Hoo. This region won't stop rewarding reckless behavior, huh...? ... Congrats." He said flatly, clapping his hands dryly twice, not quite explaining why he was saying it before unceremoniously shoving Isaac onto the bed. "You're getting surgery. Don't resist."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 15:12:16 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"I don't get it, what'd youvs-?"[break][break]

Apparently, Doug's idea of bedside manner was shoving Isaac onto the bed and taking charge. Frankly, Isaac agreed, but maybe not in a time like this. Still, he wasn't the doctor here (not that Doug was either), so who was he to complain?[break][break]

"Y'know, I'd ask if you even know how to do that yet. But something tells me I'd really rather not see another demo." Doug's pinky finger magic trick had been enough Tapu Lele flexing for one lifetime. He didn't need to see Doug turn himself into the guy from Operation.[break][break]

"Just make sure you knock my ass out with the good stuff. I'd really rather not wake up feeling like I took another trip to Sootopolis."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 2:24:40 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"Don't be so dramatic." Doug said, rolling his eyes as he rounded around the bed. "Oh, and... Uh. Try to keep calm about what I'm about to say."

He paused briefly, his hands moving to his hips as he considered his words. Oh hey, he did comprehend bed-side mann—

"So you're like, technically dead?" Nevermind then.

He shared a glance with his Orbeetle, as if asking for confirmation.

"Definitely technically dead? Oh, okay."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 13:54:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Oh.[break][break]

He was dead.[break][break]

He was breathing, feeling, thinking. And he was dead.[break][break]

had rescued a dead man. has harbored a dead man. had interrogated a dead man.[break][break]

had lived up to his promise. Because Isaac Merlo was dead.[break][break]

It was funny. Isaac was no stranger to dying. Maldacena's digital world. The Border, crushed at the ferryman's hands. The RKS System, where sacrificed him to the hand of god without a shred of care. But those deaths didn't "count." They were in some nebulous elsewhere. They were make believe. He snapped back to reality, and everything was outwardly fine.[break][break]

This was different. Suicune had built him back up from less than nothing, and he would always bear the scars.[break][break]

"Jeez, tell me something I don't know." He tried to keep an easygoing smile on his face. However, even his usual poker face faltered. It was clear he was rattled, both by how close he'd come to losing everything and how distressingly often it kept happening to him. "Pretty sure that's just another Tuesday for me."[break][break]

Why the hell did it have to be?

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 19:26:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"Yeah, well, you might wanna hold off on those Party Tuesdays from now on." Doug said dryly as he shoved his hand into a disposable glove.

He couldn't see precisely into Isaac's body— he only had the report as given to him by Garo.

"Sheesh. Wish I had some equipment— if I wrote a paper on your ass, my face would feature on the cover of The International Journal of Medicine." He sighed, approaching the other's bedside.

"Anyway... let me explain how dead you are, 'fore I put ya to sleep." He said simply, before casually reaching down to poke at the other's chest. "See this?"

He poked it irreverently. It felt... weird. For him, and likely, for Isaac as well.

"Autolisis." He said simply. "I shouldn't be able to say this, but it's half-putrified on the inside."

He poked at Isaac's stiff abs next.

"Not just your chest— most of you is." He said simply. "If you think of your flesh and muscle as being composed of multiple layers, it would be accurate to say the innermost layer is dead and stiffened."

He paused.

"It's familiar, this. There's a method to this madness that makes me think of . " He said simply, before crossing his arms. "But his revival isn't half assed like this."

When Kyle Lopez revived someone, it was like a perfect, salvation-esque spell that brought them back with fully restored bodies. No remnants of the death were left.

"Legendary pokemon are selfish assholes that only act on their own interests—" Doug declared bluntly, unilaterally shoving all the legendary pokemon into the asshole box. "So... congrats on your new avatarship, I think?"
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 14:37:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]It was one thing to be told he was dead. It was another to be told, in no uncertain terms, that he was rotting on the inside. Apparently, he was hollowed out, layers of perfectly presentable and mostly functional Isaac slapped on top of a thin veneer of corpse.[break][break]

He didn't quite feel what Doug was talking about. But how was he supposed to know how being rotten felt?[break][break]

The real fucked up part was that Doug was familiar with this concept. His medical credentials may have been a mixture of self-taught, night school, and forgery, but credit where credit was due. Doug knew the strange cases like the back of his hand. No, apparently the only difference was in quality of care, and not in a complimentary way.[break][break]

"Oi, Suicune did their best," Isaac snapped, offended on the behalf of his mysterious savior. It was hard not to feel loyal to a being that made you only part-corpse, rather than all-corpse. "It's . . . it's my fault, alright? For dropping dead on them to soon. If I was just strong enough to hold out a bit longer . . ."[break][break]

came to mind, who had to face demons within and without due to Isaac's botched rescue.[break][break]

So, too, did his Pokemon, sacrificing themselves one by one because he couldn't make it alone.[break][break]

, who in desperation and legend-stoked hatred he'd hurt far worse than he could have ever wanted to.[break][break]

Even , who would have been a happier man if Isaac had just lied down and died in those woods.[break][break]

"I let down a lot of people."[break][break]

Yet he was still here. In spite of everything, where he'd come from, what he'd done, how he'd failed, he had another chance. His will, intertwined with Suicune's compassion, had been stronger than death itself. It was beautiful and terrifying to comprehend all in one.[break][break]

"I don't know what Suicune wants with me, but. We healed the forest together. So whatever this is, I think it's a chance for me to set things right, y'know?" A part of him struggled to find the selfishness in saving a man's life to make the world a better place. Another part of him was acutely aware that Suicune wasn't busting into Sootopolis to rescue him. "At least, I'm sure as hell gonna make it one."[break][break]

"Once I stop dying, of course. That's gonna happen, right?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2023 20:31:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"You're one step removed from being a zombie." He replied bluntly, cupping his own chin. "But, you ain't dead, I'll give it that."

Suicune... Perhaps an ability it had inherited from its own patron, Ho-oh? Not quite as thorough, but the result was more or less adequate.

"... Is his brain rotting too?" He suddenly said, staring flatly at his Orbeetle, who simply shook its head.

He suddenly raised his hand as if he was going to slap the patient.

"Then don't say stupid crap!" He said, before huffing. "Don't blame yourself for being murdered, jeez."

The self-esteem issues of people in Hoenn were beyond next level, jeez.

"If you died for them and still let them down, then the problem is them, not you." He said bluntly as he put on his face mask and tied a bandanna firmly around his head, fulling covering his hair in mesh. "Don't worry about them without first worrying about yourself; you can't help others without helping yourself first."

Whatever Suicune wanted, it should come second to whatever Isaac wanted, at least to Isaac of no one else.

Would he stop dying?

"What are you asking me for?" He scoffed. "Unless you're asking for training, it's all on you."

Hopefully, this literally deadly scrap at least proved a formative experience for Isaac.

"It hasn't been long." He said suddenly, moving on from the other's self-deprecation. "For all I know, the rest of you'll finish refreshing later on if left alone."

It could do that— or, it could keep putrefying until the outer layer looked about as well as the inner one.

"I ain't waiting around to see, though." He said simply, before nodding at his Orbeetle. "You're gonna be sleeping for a while— yer eye will have to wait, though."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 3:44:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]It really was stupid, wasn't it?[break][break]

Isaac had made the ultimate sacrifice, and most people he'd met acknowledged it. let him stay on Dewford, despite the risk that posed him in every sense of the word. , instead of chastising him for his recklessness, made a point of making sure he was okay. Hell, she was probably hiding somewhere, keeping an ear on him as always. The news behind them reported on how the Petalburg Woods, long tortured by the toxins of a hateful god, were already in better shape than they'd been in months.[break][break]

He knew would never hold his rescue's imperfections against him. He knew his Pokemon accepted their sacrifice willingly. He had enemies, but who didn't? The only person left getting hung up on this for no reason was himself, victim blaming himself for not being strong enough in the face of impossible odds. Even then, on death's door, he still found a way to focus on them instead of him.[break][break]

"You're right. And clearly, I need that help." Without Doug's, he would still be putrefied from within. Without Navy's, he would have been thrown into a cell by the League for sure. Without Eris', he'd be dying somewhere on the floor of Petalburg Woods, his life given so they can thrive. Without Suicune, he wouldn't even get that far, bleeding out in the remnants of his own hard-fought work.[break][break]

When asked if he'd stop dying, Doug reminded Isaac he was the only one in control of that. As for whether he'd stop rotting from inside, that was a question of time. It'd get better or worse, and meddling around only risked making it worse. Bedrest and relaxation, anathema to Isaac as they were, were key to this going smoothly.[break][break]

And then there was the matter of his eye. "Oh, shit. I forgot about that," Isaac admitted. "You really thikn it's gonna be possible?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @ [break]
NOTES — notes go here

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights