Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Nyeh, What's Up, Doc? [S]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2023 23:55:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"What do you mean?" He said, blinking at the other blankly. "It ain't 'bout whether it's possible or not."

Isaac and Eris weren't strangers— so he didn't need to be vague anymore.

"Eris' sight is riding on it." He said bluntly, popping all of his digits and his neck as he motioned for Isaac to lay down. "Yer sight is riding on it. The only thing ya should be thinking is: It will work."

Even if reality was willing to cooperate or not, they had to make it work.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/892597733599379476/Lele_is_here.mp3[/player]

"Yer a dead man walking, and so am I." Several times over. "At some point, ya gotta let go of yer 'common sense', don'tcha think?"

He grinned cheshirerously, and for a moment, he didn't look quite hinged.

"That is what it means to you truly acclimate to life on Hoenn's frontlines."
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2023 2:39:01 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"So it's for her."[break][break]

This was never for Isaac, but that was okay. He knew from the beginning, in a sense, he was getting played. Now he knew it was for the worthiest cause he could think of. Isaac's posture firmed up. His remaining eye grew steely with determination. If there were doubts before, now he had a proud smile on his face.[break][break]

"It will." Even his voice had firmed up. would be okay, and he'd be Doug's guinea pig for as long as it took to make it so. "Don't let me slow you down, then. The faster we figure this out, the faster we'll be able to get her a new eye, right?" It was too early for Christmas, or even her birthday, but Isaac didn't care. It was the best gift the two of them could bring her.[break][break]

"Let's think about this. If you're right, and my body's still knitting itself together, this might be the best time to go poking around. After all, it means I'm still all malleable, right?" Isaac, no. The human body definitely didn't work this way. Then again, the human body usually didn't have two to three gods tending to it. "Been a year since I lost this thing, so it ain't doing anything right now, but if we can get it to start making a comeback . . ."[break][break]

If this was a proper Hoenn acclimation, then Isaac was hitting the ground running.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 19:06:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"Primarily." He said simply. "But it's also for anyone who can benefit from it."

Just so happened that his wish to help a friend would benefit the rest of the world.

It was good to see Isaac just as eager as Doug to break every law of ethics out there.

Nothing like an eager, willing guinea spoink— er, collaborator, to really push forward the field of Medicine.

"We'll get around to that later." He promised the other, before shoving his chest back onto the bed. "For now— let's deputrify your guts."

Not quite what was actually putrid, but he got the gist of it.

Doug nodded to his Orbeetle, who turned his gaze over to Isaac, beginning its hypnosis.

"I'll be opening ya up to take a look around in yer innards for a couple of hours." He said to the other young man... perhaps a little belatedly. "I'll let'cha know how it goes when yer up."

His hand slowly raised, waving at Isaac.

"Nighty night!"
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 14:47:21 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Hey, nothing wrong with being a little selfish in the now." Nobody was some perfect, altruistic saint. Half of the good deeds that got Isaac so fussed over were done not because of some greater good, but because they were for someone he loved. Sometimes, that was all that mattered. "Once we do it for her, you're gonna end up helping a lot of people. Seems like a win-win to me."[break][break]

Or, at least, it did. Then the topic of being cut open came up.[break][break]

"Wait, you're gonna wha?" Frankly, in his current condition, he wasn't in much shape to be brute forcing past hypnosis. If anything, he already found his body swaying side to side, growing heavy under the weight of the Orbeetle's piercing gaze. "Oh, okay. Guess this is happening now."[break][break]

He wouldn't even remember the act of passing out.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2024 16:30:02 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

He watched Isaac pass out with a hopefully confidence instilling, not terrifying smile on his face.

The moment the former blonde was out like a light, however, it vanished, his lip curling as he rubbed at the back of his neck.

"... Garo, seal the door." He ordered, prompting the Orbeetle to shift the visitor's couch in front of it. "Soundproof the room too. I don't need distractions right now."

As Garo went about that, Doug discarded his jacket, throwing it away before fetching a brand new pair of disposable gloves. Then, he reached into his bag for a hairnet and a facemask.

"Sanitize me."

To be clear— Doug had no idea of what exactly he would need to do once he opened up Isaac. A body that was putrefying from the inside, but was still alive... what the hell was that about? Every day, avatar powers became more ridiculous.

He had an inkling of an idea of how to approach it. He had believed Isaac's eye would be the first test run of the Body Restoration Procedure he had developed in Galar... but it would be his putrid innards instead.

"Well, if it works here, it'll work anywhere." He grumbled, tugging at his neck. as he grabbed several other pokeballs.

Soon, the entire room was filled to the brim with Orbeetles.

"You. Keep a read on his vitals." He said, pointing at one. "You, full body scan at all times. You, use the smartphone and film—"

One by one, each Orbeetle was assigned a task.

"Garo. You compile, assemble and distribute all the information everyone else has gathered as needed. You and I will need to pour into written and digitized form later." He wasn't about to depend on his brain to somehow make sense of everything.

He had super computer bug scanners with him and the perfect subject— he was going make a magnum opus out of this.

"Had to be an avatar too..." He muttered, scratching at the side of his head as he prepared for work.

Reaching into his bag for a military recorder, he set it on the bedside table, starting it up.

"Audio log entry 102, Date: ———, —————, 2023. Dr. John Douglas Sullivan speaking: First Vivisection of an avatar—"

better not ask him for anything more ever again.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2024 23:32:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Outside of the windows of Dewford Hospital, the mist began to roll in.[break][break]

Mist wasn't super uncommon in a town like this, especially in the face of Hoenn's unseasonal winters. Warm air and cool air fought for dominance, and the condensation left peals of mist stretching across the shoreline. However, they tended to go just as quickly as they'd come. Once the weather made up its mind, the fog tended to disperse, receding back into the seas or drifting off into the clouds.[break][break]

What wasn't common was the mist lingering around for so long.[break][break]

The mist rolled through the slight gap in the windows, sinking down around Doug's ankles. The repulsors of each of his Orbeetle pushed it every so slightly, leaving it swirling around the room in an almost agitated fashion. Wherever the mist spread, a deathly chill followed. Isaac's unconscious body seemed to not even react to such an out of nowhere temperature drop.[break][break]

He did, however, seem to still as a Pressure fell over the room.[break][break]

From behind the nearest window, so blanketed in mist that it would be nigh-impossible to see outside, a silhouette could faintly be made out. After but a moment, it opened its eyes, a blaring purple glow slicing through the fog like a pair of headlights.[break][break]

It seemed that Doug would have an unexpected audience for his magnum opus.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 17:05:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"Audio log entry 102. Video log entry 001. Date: ———, —————, 2023. Dr. John Douglas Sullivan speakingz. Title: Human & Avatar vivisection, Surgical Removal... and Repair of dead tissue and organs... Uh, procedure Documentation."

Longest, most inelegant name to a procedure ever. Uh... he would fix it in post?

"Patient's name, Isaac Merlo. Age, uh... 20 to 25, by my estimate." Even as he spoke, his arms never stopped working, and neither did the Orbeetles around him, fleeting about as they worked. "Gender... he presents as male, and—"

Rustle rustle.

"Yup, has genitals of the male sex as well." He said simply. He went back to work. "Medical history— eh. I'll adjunct the papers to the recordings when we're don— whu?"

Doug hadn't realized he had a live audience until he noticed the mist pooled around his ankles, focused as he was in the process. Once he did, however, he couldn't help but raise his gaze.

And find himself looking into glowing eyes in the mist, freezing in place.

Goosebumps rose along his skin almost immediately, the weight of his shoulders suddenly a lot greater. They shuddered as he slammed his teeth down on his tongue, preventing himself from yelping in shock.

"Jjjeez!" He said instead, wrenching his gaze away from his audience to go back to work. "Uurgh... Erm, sidenote, it appears I've garnered the rather humbling audience of... Suicune... Maybe...?"

Beat.

In a less surprised, more annoyed tone.

"And Tapu Lele."

Hovering besides the less than familiar silhouette in the mist was an entirely too familiar one. After a moment, it held out a handful of raisins towards the other.

"Just... peachy." He grumbled.

Here he had hoped his first Live surgical procedure back in Hoenn would be before colleagues and peers.

Whatever.

"Moving on. Next— Procedure. I'll begin with an Exploratory Laparotomy—"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 6:01:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Suicune blinked in surprise as another joined them for the night's festivities. They eyed its outstretched hand curiously. Then, after a pause, they accepted the offering of raisins. A curious custom, but who were they to turn down the hospitality of their host's patron?[break][break]

In response, they opened the window with a pulse of Extrasensory power. They motioned for Tapu Lele to pass through first, if they so wished. After, they would seem to vanish, their body unfurling into a gust of northern wind. As the wind passed, Suicune would be in the operating room, calmly watching Doug get to work.[break][break]

They had never seen a laparotomy performed before, but surely there was a first time for everything.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 16:26:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"Date of the procedure, __ of ____, twenty-twenty-three." He went on as he picked up the scalpel. "The time of day is two twenty-seven p.m."

As Suicune and Tapu Lele settled inside the room, the surgeon at work did not spare them even a glance. His earlier acknowledgment was all they would get until he finished the procedure.

"Lead surgeon of the procedure, John Sullivan. Assistant Surgeon, none. Anesthesiologist, Orbeetle Platoon Leader Garo-Alpha.
Scrub nurses, Orbeetle Platoon members Beta, Gamma, Theta—
"

As he dutifully named each and every Orbeetle in the platoon, a magenta glow slid over his scalpel's edge.

"Procedure summary... In progress. I'll be going over the procedure step by step in this recording."

Bringing the scalpel to Isaac's sternum, its edge bit into skin and muscle, splitting.

"I'll begin the laparatomy with a vertical incision along the midline of the patient's abdomen." He said.

With a firm, steady hand, he slid the blade down the midline of the blonde's abdomen.

"Through fine application of Tapu Lele's scales on my tools , I can create incisions while maintaining hemostasis throughout the procedure."

As the incision was made, no blood spilled from the gaping hole created.

"Retractors." He requested, the tool in question quickly finding its way to his hand, the scalpel floating away in his Orbeetle's psychic grip. "I believe I don't need to explain what these are for to medical personnel, but for the laymen observing: These are self-retaining retractors, and they're utilized to hold the edges of the incision open for better visibility."

A large incision stretching from Isaac's sternum to his pubic bone had been created. And as it was gripped with rakes and hooks to stretch it open...

"... Avatars really make no damn sense." He grunted. "Severe ischemic necrosis palpable on the heart, lungs, intestines—"

This was gonna be a long one...

Hopefully, Suicune didn't dislike the sight of its chosen's intestines out in the open.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 13:55:56 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Suicune's eyes widened by a hair at the state of the damages. It was no fool. It had known its chosen had been at death's door. However, for the damage to be so severe, to the point where he may as well have already been dead, was staggering.[break][break]

Perhaps they had chosen well, if he was so stubborn that even the Reaper couldn't hold him. Who better to be a scion of the untamable northern wind?[break][break]

Now that they had a clearer view of the problem, they could try and help fix this. Indeed, the Pressure in the room would settle around Doug, as if Suicune were giving him a gentle tap on the shoulder. It would be a quick reminder that, were he to need, he would not be alone in such a fraught situation.[break][break]

Yet it had been simply that, a reminder. Suicune had no interest in taking Doug's spotlight. Where one might instead expect a legend to try and take the spotlight for themselves, instead they remained back on the sidelines.[break][break]

The power of the human spirit was as curious to Suicune as the power of any so-called god was to humanity. There was nothing they enjoyed more than seeing the lengths they would go through for one another, defying any and all expectation. Perhaps they, too, longed to be such a bright spot, even in such a painful and tragic war.[break][break]

Besides, hadn't they promised their patron there would be no more easy breaks?

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 2:27:53 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"Heart, Liver, stomach, small and large intestine, Left Kidney, Pancreas..." He continued to list each organ examined by the Orbeetle MRI's, his words slowing down briefly as he took in a deep breath.

"... Hooo.... Really feelin' the pressure today." Doug muttered cluelessly as his Orbeetles swiped away beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

The time would come when Doug solicited Isaac's services —get your head out of the gutter— but here and now, he needed to get this done on his own if possible.

Fix Isaac Merlo's innards, document everything regarding the avatar's body— and prove the efficacy of his procedure. There were many interests and goals at play here.

"Beta, prep the MRI's for telepathy. Gamma, link us up." He ordered. "Heart first."

Briefly, his hands ceased movement as his Orbeetles worked in tandem to pass on diagnostic imaging, starting with the heart. The full extent of ischemic necrosis with Isaac's blood pump spread out before the surgeon's mind's eye, his lips twitching up.

"Hn... Superficial?" He said with a cock of the head. "... Well, nothing about this is normal to begin with."

He could hypothesize after.

"I'll be treating the heart first. I don't have a surgical saw with methough, so..." Rather efficiently, the surgeon snapped his fingers. "Garo, Omega. Sternotomy."

The father and daughter duo shared a glance as their mind's came together, focusing their psychic power on Isaac's sternum. The hyper focused psychic energy carefully pried the man's rib cage open, snapping the ribs on one side to grant access. The psychic energy was then used to pry the ribcage apart, allowing clear access to the heart.

Slowly, Doug brought his scalpel closer to the heart, taking in a deep breath.

"Just... don't touch the myocardium." He reminded himself. "... Too much."

The process wasn't too different for coronary arteries nor the the rest of the organs. He would link up the MRI's with his mind, make the necessary incisions to gain access to the organ, and then methodically remove the layers of necrotic tissue using his scalpel.

Before long, he had gathered an unhealthy amount of necrotic tissue on Isaac's night stand (very valuable material).

That was, against all odds, the easy part.

The real test of his procedure began now.

Slowly, Doug raised his hand in the air, glowing pink dandruff rising from his palms.

"Now... beginning the tissue regeneration procedure."

Feel free to timeskip to Isaac waking up, Wanderer!

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2024 0:16:48 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]It was the strangest thing. For all of the tissue Doug was taking out of Isaac, he seemed to end the procedure with more than he'd started with.[break][break]

Isaac was no weakling, but he'd always seemed more lithe and toned than anything. However, as Doug continued his analyses, he may have noticed that said muscle was just the tip of the iceberg. Signs of overwork and stunted growth, but historic and recent, would be abundantly clear as he continued to get to work.[break][break]

What may have been less abundantly clear was they way they started to heal.[break][break]

It was less important for tissue regeneration than his blighted organs. However, as they repaired themselves by Tapu Lele's blessing, so, too, did his musculature. It would be subtle at first. Like grass growing or paint drying, it was the kind of thing where each change was so minute it would be nearly unnoticeable to the naked eye. Every second, every regeneration, every settled scale would be nigh indiscernable. However, the surgery was on record now, and cameras didn't lie.[break][break]

A knowing smile graced Suicune's face as it beheld the spectacle.[break][break]

If everyone was in the know, the latest arrival to the party would still be in the dark. With a groan, Isaac started to come to from his surgery, body still numb from nearly every part of him being disassembled and reassembled. "Wha happun?" he half-asked, half-slurred, going to rub the sleep out of his eyes. As he did, he left his arms, hanging in the air, a slight groan of distress escaping him.[break][break]

"Fuck're my arms so heavy . . . ?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 14:39:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

Doug was staring at a camera when Isaac came to himself, occasionally glancing back to the other man whilst squinting.

"—protracted, delayed hypertrophy induced by—" He could be briefly heard muttering into his recorder, his motormouth voicing his thoughts as he worked to deduce the many chemical and biological mechanisms that had been involved in Isaac's miraculous hyper recovery.

Avatar powers could be considered magic, but they generally interacted with entirely normal human bodies. Specially the likes of healing abilities, though the catalyst was 'magic', the fact that chemical and biological reactions were occurring was undeniable.

At Isaac's slurring, the medic snapped out of his thoughts, clicking on his recorder as he turned to the other man.

"Because I am amazing at my job." He boasted bluntly, pulling up a seat near the bed.

Mercifully for Isaac, all the excess, putrid tissue that had been carved out of him had been stored away, and the room had been aired out and re-sanitized by the Orbeetles.

"I think." He said after a moment. "Still workin' it out, but I think it's a pretty good hypothesis in the meanwhile."

Humility aside.

"Procedure was a success, by the way." He scratched at his cheek, looking over Isaac's bulked up form. "... More than a success, really. Garo? Mirror."

A mirror was fetched from the surgeon's bag, hovered before Isaac for the man to see.

"Ya sure are lucky. Life saving and cosmetic surgery all-in-one for free." He snorted with a smirk, dropping his chin atop his palm. "How ya feelin', big guy?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 3:39:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Big guy?[break][break]

"Ha ha, like I haven't heard that one bef-" Isaac froze up in mid eye-roll, shaken up by the realization that he had, in fact, never heard this one before. Shit. This was uncharted territory for him. "C'mon, I know I'm a shrimp, but you don't gotta rub . . . it . . ."[break][break]

"Huh."[break][break]

Suicune cocked an eyebrow. It seemed even the legend itself was surprised by its patron's true nature. Nevertheless, it turned to him and smirked. Whatever Doug must have done, Suicune clearly approved. Squinting suspiciously back at the two of them, Isaac relented and turned to the mirror.[break][break]

Huh. Did he always have a jawline like that? Damn.[break][break]

"For a guy that just threw half his life away, and was apparently spending the last week rotting on the inside? Pretty damn great." He couldn't help but preen a little as he admired himself in the mirror. How could he not? He couldn't dream of looking like that before. Sure, he was handsome. He had his that scraggly underdog charm. But this? This was as new as it was exciting.[break][break]

"I'd ask you what happened, but. Considering how today's been going?" He cast a suspicious eye around the room, as if trying to see where any forbidden secrets were being hidden. Suicune, who had seen more than enough decaying Isaac meat carted out, opted not to give him any hints. "Something tells me I'm better off not knowing."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 14:55:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

"Figured." The surgeon said wryly, snickering as the other man preened. "Gonna start thinkin' ya were rotting even before getting killed at his rate."

Was this what people meant by detoxing the body? Maybe he would go on a diet too, sheesh.

He glanced over at the two Legendaries in the room, squinting. Was this the work of Tapu Lele, Suicune, or a combined effort?

"Haaah." He sighed, ruffling his own hair madly before dropping his chin onto his palm, brow furrowing pensively.

"... This is a first for me." He said, eyes narrowed.

He had tested this back in Galar— but the dream galarians weren't exactly normal people, so he couldn't fully rely on those tests. He lacked any modern tools for medical study, either.

"My own procedure might be greater than I thought, if we can repeat, uh..." He mused, gesturing vaguely at Chad Thundercock over here. "These sort of results."

But enough about him.

"I'll contact ya with the results on your bloodwork once it's done." He let the other know, glancing up at the ceiling musingly as he leaned back on his chair. "I don't think ya need to stay any longer— you're fit as a fiddle as far as I can tell."

He turned his gaze over to Suicune.

"What'cha gonna do now?" He asked the former blonde. "If ya were screwed before as a mere traitor, yer triple screwed now as a survivor avatar traitor."

He smirked.

"God, I wish I could be there when gets the news." It probably wouldn't be as funny as he hoped, but still... to be a fly on the wall for that report.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights