Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,317 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Nyeh, What's Up, Doc? [S]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 2:23:09 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Doubt it. But I'd be lying if I said I was taking great care of myself." A year's worth of pumps and strain had now been hit by a year's worth of bedrest and nutrition. Nothing could stop him now! "Sounds like I should stop putting myself through all these life or death situations. Though with how this region gets, who knows if I've got a choice?"[break][break]

He'd already been both attacked and interrogated in this very hospital. It was just the beginning of the rest of his life.[break][break]

Doug may not have experimented on people before himself, but he clearly wasn't one to turn down an opportunity. Already he muttered to himself as if Isaac wasn't even there, talking about the untapped potential his healing powers held. "Not everyone you heal up's gonna be pulled back from the brink by a pair of legends, y'know," Isaac teased. "But, hell. I bet at least you'll be able to leave them a bit more fit than you found them."[break][break]

Maybe later he could process the horror of not knowing whether this growth was Suicune's gift or his own efforts.[break][break]

"Can't say I'll be too far. With nowhere else to go, I think I'm gonna keep crashing on 's couch," Isaac admitted. "Gives me plenty of time to think about what I'm doing next, 'cause, shit, man. If I'm being honest, I didn't even think I was gonna survive this one."[break][break]

That one hurt to admit. Good thing Doug disrupted the existential terror with a timely joke. Imagining sending an "I lived, bitch" selfie got a snicker out of Isaac. "Oh yeah, no. I am superfucked. But what else is new? Pretty sure far as most people care, I sold my soul the second I got on that sub."[break][break]

"Guess that means the first step's finally living my life for myself, huh?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,878 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Nyeh, What's Up, Doc? [S]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 18:46:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Nyeh

What's up, .

People around him kept bringing up . Maybe he should try getting to know the guy at some point.

"Yeah. Well, almost." He said casually, gesturing with his thumb at Suicune. "Ya do gotta keep that one happy too, now. But hey—"

Tapu Lele hovered closer, casually dropping her arms atop Doug's head before leaning her head atop them, humming.

"Provided ya don't run it off, you'll never feel lonely again." He said, eyes fluttering shut.

Even now after (twenty-)three years, he could still feel an unnatural warmth within him. Alien, yet familiar, so ingrained into his body that to lose it would've been akin to losing a limb.

"For better or worse." He said somberly

With that happy little note spoken, the surgeon stood up suddenly, prompting every single one of his Orbeetles to begin moving, every single tool, utensil, waste, sample, and miscellanious others hovering in the air before shoving itself into the young man's case.

"And with that said— I'll leave ya to sort yerself out!" He said cheerfully, stretching his arms over his head.

Besides him, the pink deity mimicked him, down to the expressions and following yawns... despite the lack of a mouth.

"Here." Doug said, placing down a new business card on the other's bedside. "Got myself a business phone recently— been gettin' way too many calls."

The curse of popularity... and offering free medical services.

"I'll be back for a check up in three days, so make sure you're somewhere I can find ya." He said. "Oh, right. If it wasn't clear earlier— Yer free to go."

Fit as a fiddle indeed!

"I'll handle the paperwork and the staff on my way out— and the league debrief so they don't coming hunting ya down."

No promises on it actually working, though.

Feel free to timeskip to Isaac waking up, Wanderer!

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights