Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 0:13:26 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]As another wave slapped Isaac down into the seas, he realized he may have picked a poor avenue of practice.[break][break]

In his defense, the situation was do or die. The rocky outcroppings he'd been tasked with exploring were too narrow and too jagged for any rescue boats or large water types to pass through. The waves were too tumultuous for smaller water types or swimmers. Any flying types sent to investigate the area would be easy pickings for enemy snipers. There was only one person suited to searching for the missing persons around this area.[break][break]

Unfortunately, he was having a little trouble right now.[break][break]

Practicing water walking atop a stagnant pool was one thing. Trying to pull it off in the middle of a tempestuous battlefield was a whole different story. If it wasn't the clamor of combat snapping his focus, it was another freaking wave surging from out of nowhere and smacking him upside the head.[break][break]

"For fuck's sake, knock it off!" By the fifth wave, Isaac had enough. What he hadn't expected was for the wave to part around his outstretched hand. It turned out having a little outburst here and there could pay off big time. Who knew? Isaac took a step back, watching smugly as the bisected wave traveled around him instead.[break][break]

Any and all smug vanished as another one smashed him from behind. Once more, Isaac tumbled into the waters, pulling himself out with a groan and a frustrated huff. "Bet you're just laughing your ass off, huh?" he asked in the general direction of the north wind.[break][break]

For a second, he could've sworn he felt the wind blow towards him in affirmation. Jerk.[break][break]

Oh well. He'd tackled the important part; putting one foot in front of the other. Isaac strode towards the outcroppings with his head held high, keeping an eye out for any waves that needed to get smacked down and any missing people that needed to get rescued.

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 12:28:58 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
When he finally arrived at the outcrop, Isaac would certainly find someone in need of a rescue, though it wasn't any of the missing people he was supposed to be looking for.

"QUAG! QUAAAAAAAAG!"

It was a situation that raised more questions than answers. What was a Quagsire doing in a place like this? How did it manage to get its head stuck in a gap in the rocks? Why did it put its head in there in the first place? What was it even looking for? Who did it belong to? Did it even belong to anyone at all? All the while, the creature just kept fruitlessly wriggling about, trying to escape its predicament, and failing to gain even a centimetre of freedom.

Of course, the liberator was under no obligation to rescue this idiot Pokemon. Even if the tide were to rise, it was still an amphibian, so it wouldn't have to worry about drowning. Eventually, it would manage to get itself free one way or another, though how long "eventually" would take was another matter entire. Plus, he had far more important business than helping every single stupid animal he came across. There were real people stuck here that needed saving just as much as he did.

But was he truly so heartless as to leave a helpless little Quagsire all alone in his hour of need?

50MP for participation, 10MP for posting.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2023 14:27:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]It turned out finding missing people with little direction beyond "over there" was hard. Who knew?[break][break]

So far, Isaac's search had been fruitless. This poor, displaced Quagsire was actually the first living thing he'd seen since getting to these rapids. Was it a Pokemon who had previously dwelled in these waters, trapped when this island duddenly rose from the depths? Or did it belong to one of the missing people, trapped and separated from its human?[break][break]

"Hey, hey, hey. Easy there, buddy." Isaac's voice was soft and gentle as he walked up to the Quagsire. He set a gentle hand in the Quagsire's shoulder, a cool blue aurora dancing around it. "I'm gonna help you out of this jam, okay? But once I do, do you think you could help me, too?"[break][break]

It would be okay if it couldn't. Even if this wasn't a lead, at least Isaac could lend a hand.[break][break]

He cracked open a Pokeball, an Arctozolt bobbing up to meet him. The chimera was small enough to fit within these rapids, but with a dense enough fur coat to avoid being troubled by them. She sat like a big, fluffy iceberg, awaiting orders as Isaac reached a hand towards the waters.[break][break]

Water trailed across his fingers. Isaac couldn't figure out how to move more than a handful at a time, but here he had a lot of handfuls to work with. With each pass, more water seeped into the cracks in the rocks' surface. It penetrated deeper and deeper, slowly weakening the structural integrity of the rock to the Quagsire's left.[break][break]

"Alright, Twitch. Crumble it!" The Arctozolt perked up, floating over to the left stone and bathing iy in cooling vapors. The now-waterlogged rock Freeze Dried in a flash. With its structural integrity now in ruins, it collapsed into dust. Freedom![break][break]

"There you go, buddy." There was a soft smile on Isaac's face as he witnessed his handiwork. "Now, listen carefully. Did you see any other humans here? Like me?"

[break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 15:09:08 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"QUAG! QUAG! QUAGQUAGQUAGQUAG-- Quag?"

As the frozen rock shattered, the curious creature fell down, bumping his empty head upon the ground as he pondered why he was no longer trapped. After taking a moment, Quagsire got up to its feet and cluelessly looked about, before laying eyes upon his saviour - Isaac Merlo and his Arctozolt. Fortunately, his focus was more on the former than the latter, for if the axlotol had realised the threat posed by the prehistoric amalgamation and its Freeze-Drying, then it almost certainly would've caused problems for everyone involved.

"Quag! Quagsire!" The amphibian greeted its saviour with a few celebratory hop and a moist hug of the leg, which would've been inconvenient, had the man not already been submerged by the waves several times. After what could only be described as "too long", he would finally let go, and consider the man's request. "Quag... Quagquagquagquagquag..."

One could practically see the little guy's brain working overtime, like an old computer trying to load up the latest triple-A video game. Slowly, but surely, he began combing through his memory, scrolling through the Excel '98 database of his brain as he tried to match his query for "other humans", before his eyes lit up.

"Sire! Quagsire!"

With a grin on his face, Quagsire would plop his way over to the cliff-face, pointing his stubby arms down towards a half-submerged cave. A cave? No, though it seemed like it at first, it couldn't be called a cave. It was a gigantic tunnel, rough and messy, bored into the earth by a rigid body and rough claws. It could only have been made by a Pokemon, and a big one, too.

Was this where the missing people went?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2023 16:15:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Awwww, that was just precious. As the Quagsire hugged up against Isaac's leg, he gave it a few gentle pats on its baldy-bald head. As a Rocket, he'd always felt kind of bashful about the whole gratitude thing. He was no hero. He just happened to make a difference while he was blowing on by. Now, without the baggage of his criminal life, something about it hit different.[break][break]

He was still no hero. But maybe he wasn't all that bad, either.[break][break]

For his efforts, Isaac was given a hell of a clue. A massive tunnel, torn right into the side of the bluffs. Of course! The rapids almost seemed to siphon into it, and it was as good a shelter as any from the churning waters and crushing stones. All it took was one large enough Pokemon blowing a hole in the wall and, boom. Instant shelter.[break][break]

"Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the tip, buddy." Isaac grinned the Quagsire's way, then turned to march towards the cavern. "You can come along with us, if you'd like. Wouldn't want you to end up getting stuck again." Luckily, now that they had their rock-breaking procedure down to a science, Isaac and Twitch could handle anything in their path.[break][break]

Maybe the Quagsire would join them. Maybe it would just waddle onto the nearest rock and wait. Whatever happened, Isaac would bravely (and haphazardly) stride across the waves, Twitch gently bobbing in his wake.[break][break]

If the Quagsire did join, Isaac would at least have some conversation to help pass the time. "So. Do you have a person you're waiting on, too?" he'd ask. Something about the Quagsire's demeanor made it seem like it wasn't wild, but Isaac couldn't quite put his finger on why.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 15:30:14 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
"Quagquag!"

With a cheery expression on his face, the Quagsire would follow after Isaac. Of course, he couldn't walk on water, but he was still an adept swimmer. With a hop, the creatured splashed down into the water below, before paddling along after him. Thus, the three would venture onwards, into the strange tunnel...

And it was as they were traversing that mysterious tunnel, deep and dark and flooded and long, that Isaac would make the mistake of asking Quagsire an open-ended question.

"Quag... Quagquagquagquag sire sire quagsire quagquagsire siresirequag quag quag quagquagsire quag! Quagquag siresire quagsire quagquagquagsirequag quag! QUAGSIRE! QUAGQUAG, quagquagquagquagquagsire siresiresiresire quagsire quagsire. Quagsire sire quag sire quag quag sire quag sire! Siresirequag quagsiresire quagquagquag. Quag, quagquagquagquagquag, quag quag quag quag, quagquagquag, quag quag, QUUUUUUUUUUUAG! Sire sire, sire, quag--"

His (potential endless) blabbering is brought to an end as the passage around them begins to shake. At first, the tremors might seem like an earthquake, but when they don't subside, it's clear there's something else going on. Indeed, as man and fish and dinosaur travel further and further into the tunnel, the shaking only grows more and more intense. It isn't long before they arrive at the "end" of the underground pathway and find the source of it all.

A gigantic metal beast, so heavily plated that it might as well be a walking, breathing tank. Claws and horns covered in dirt and sediment, no doubt from ripping and tearing its way through the stone in its way. A selection of limp bodies draped off its soldiers, each of them left black and blue from their bruises. Could this be...?

"AGGGGGGGGGGGROOOOOOOOOOON!"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 17:56:25 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Man. Isaac wished was here. She'd love this part.[break][break]

At least it made the journey far more interesting. Between Quagsire's babbling and Twitch rasping along, there wasn't a quiet moment to be had. The crashing waves at his feet gave way to the security of an earthen tunnel, and for a moment Isaac needed to adjust to not being tossed around with every footstep. He braced against a wall as he tried to get his land legs back.[break][break]

Wait. Was that the earth shaking beneath his feet? Sweet! He was already prepared![break][break]

Walking the quakes just as he'd walked the waves, Isaac pressed onward. By now poor Twitch had toppled onto her side, but was content with rolling down the rest of the tunnel like some kind of giant, overstuffed cushion. Isaac snickered at her antics, but the Arctozolt shook her head. The little weirdo was enjoying herself, apparently.[break][break]

At least they were. The cavalcade of groans and moans coming from the end of the tunnel sure didn't seem to be. A lone Aggron was doing its best to go full hero mode, digging a tunnel straight through the island with its horns and claws while bearing countless fallen atop its shoulders. Arceus, had that poor thing ended up in the water? Isaac couldn't imagine how unpleasant the raging rapids had been for it.[break][break]

"Hey, hey. Easy there, big guy." Isaac had always had a special place in his heart for the Aggron family. One had practically been his nanny growing up. That same Aggron had followed him on his journey, becoming his strongest and most capable Pokemon. She'd even given her life to keep him alive during his darkest days. Now, his Sygna suit remained as a direct connection to them. To say this was a comforting sight to him was an understatement. "Seems like you've got a lot on your plate down here. You holding up alright?"[break][break]

His tone was even. His voice was gentle. He kept a small presence and a healthy distance to avoid looking like a challenger. A soothing blue aurora rippled across his body. If the Aggron didn't take him as a threat, maybe he could find a way to help.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 19:37:16 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
At first, the Aggron wasn't sure what to make of the situation. It was… apprehensive? No, a better term might be stunned. It just stood there, watching as the stranger cautiously approached.

"Aggron?"

Blue eyes bore into Isaac. Then, they briefly flicked to the Quagsire, standing beside him with a blank expression on their face. Then, they slowly shifted towards the Arctozolt, rollng and sliding and tumbling along behind them. Then, they return to Isaac, before slowly narrowing. Gears are turning and turning and turning. Puzzle pieces are being pushed into place. Lines are drawn and dots are connected. Eventually, the great lumbering beast reaches a conclusion, and their expression hardens.

As does the rest of their head, as the metal plates upon their skull begin to shine.

"AGG--" The Steel-type roars, suddenly rushing forward. It aims an Iron Head right at the intruder, seeking to break their entire body with a single crushing blow. "--RON!"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 4:19:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Isaac liked Aggron well enough, but not to the degree of standing there and letting one trample him. The second hostility lit up in the Aggron's eyes, his stance shifted. His eyes hardened. He held an arm out, as if prepared to stop the poor Quagsire from getting swept up in the crossfire. With his other hand, he threw a Pokeball at his feet, vanishing in a peal of red light.[break][break]

The Aggron's Iron Head would stop short of its intended target, grinding to a halt against a helmet every bit as hard.[break][break]

Neo the Lairon emerged from her Pokeball, locking metaphorical horns with the Aggron's all too literal ones. It was already clear the strength and size difference between the two kin. The cracks spreading in Neo's wake as she tried to hold her ground made that fact all too clear. Nevertheless, the Lairon pushed back to the best of her ability, refusing to let herself be pushed down by her foe.[break][break]

The longer they held this grapple, the more Neo's helm began to glow. Once enough pressure built up, a Metal Burst erupted from her skull. The Aggron's ferocity would be turned back on it in turn. Would it put some space between them, or would it give Neo the chance to start pushing back in tone?[break][break]

No matter how it panned out, Isaac kept his eyes locked on the Aggron's. "Don't bring them into this," he said, not wanting this battle to escalate while injured individuals were draped all over its back. "Put them down. And then if it's a fight you want, it's a fight you get."[break][break]

Perhaps, while the two were locking horns, he'd be able to figure something out. He always did.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 10:21:09 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Two great beasts of iron clashed against one another, and while Aggron was clearly the stronger of the two, it was nevertheless forced back by the Lairon. The concussive force of the Metal Burst sent him reeling, staggering back as though its brain had been bounced around its steel skull. Despite that, the Aggron did not seem deterred by "losing" the exchange of blows. If anything, it only seemed to infuriate it.

Territorial instinct began to kick in, overriding whatever previous orders it had been given. To be challenged so brazenly by one of its lessers? Such an insult would not go unpunished. Stepping forward, it let out a roar of sheer anger, one that shook the tunnel around them from floor to ceiling. It was time to put this arrogant whelp in their place!

Tossing the bodies it was carrying down to the ground like discarded trash, Aggron reared its head back once more. Except this time, it wasn't going to rely on anything as pedestrian as an Iron Head. No, instead of its hardiness, it would rely on sheer brute strength alone.

And like a hammer coming down upon a nail, the Aggron unleashed a Head Smash upon Lairon, aiming to break both its lesser's shell and spirit with one blow.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 14:06:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Neo's head was swimming. While she may have been able to push the Aggron back, she'd easily come out worse in the exchange. It was only natural. She was smaller. She was less evolved. She was fighting on the back foot, a stranger in an alpha's domain.[break][break]

Yet the hand on her flank reminded her that she wasn't alone.[break][break]

As the Aggron roared out a challenge, Isaac saw his chance. He darted forward - one step, two steps, three - before unraveling into the north wind. No matter how much space the roaring Aggron filled, this chamber wasn't airtight. He'd be able to slip past, preparing himself for if worst came to worst.[break][break]

With how viciously the Aggron stripped its cargo (its charges? its captives?) from its back, Isaac's intuition had been correct. He snatched up the fallen in a swirling gale, setting down one just in time to catch another. It was a more clumsy, graceless process than he would have liked, but these powers were still so new. He was no well oiled machine.[break][break]

Once the last of the fallen had settled, the winds swirled back into human form. From here, he could at least check on the fallen. Judging by how the Aggron tore away from them like a bat out of hell, it had bigger fish to fry now.[break][break]

He'd just have to trust Neo to hold the line.[break][break]

The Head Smash bore down on her with the force of a great typhoon. Her chin smashed onto the cavern floor as the Aggron's forehead smashed into hers. Its horns were like a vice, keeping her neck pinned down so that she couldn't dare to oppose him. It was the equivalent of telling this unworthy challenger to its throne to bow down and trouble it no further.[break][break]

Perhaps, in the wild, Neo would have obeyed. But this wasn't the wild. Neo had already pledged herself to another, and there was no chance in hell she'd disappoint him.[break][break]

Her body began to glow.[break][break]

Horns of Neo's own erupted from the holes in her helm, parrying aside the dominant hold that the Aggron had established on her. She knew she had but moments to capitalize before being pinned down again. She couldn't let them pass. With a defiant stomp, the hind leg that had been bent to a knee started to rise. Her stance was unclear, unsteady, a quadruped balancing itself on its hindlimbs like some sort of circus trick.[break][break]

From her backside, a thrashing tail burst out to bring her stability. As it smashed into the ground to serve as a resting point, she dared to test her might, leaning inwards against her challenger. Her forelimbs began to shape and lengthen, their newfound claws gripping against her foe's shoulders to hold his onslaught back.[break][break]

The light of evolution dispersed. She was still smaller, smoother, far less tested, but if it was a proper challenger the Aggron wanted, it was one he would get.[break][break]

Unfortunately, not even evolution could keep her off the back foot for long. Another Head Smash like that could be her undoing. Perhaps the winning move wasn't to play this game of alphas at all. Instead of getting her own head into the mix to lock horns with her foe, Neo hunkered down to match his momentum with her own. Would her defense-focused Body Press prevail, or would the alpha's next move put her in her place?

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 22:02:38 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
Wide eyes grew even wider as they watched the spectacle unfolding in front of them. From sheer unquestioning dominance, pushed back to the brink of equal footing. Now, Aggron was not looking down upon an undeniable inferior, but a prospective equal. This was no longer a pup that didn't know its place: This was a worthy challenger.

And that only made the iron beast even angrier.

"AGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOON!"

Once again, it reared back, preparing to put all of its might into an attack. Now, however, the recklessness of its Head Smash was coming back to bite it. The recoil had already drained its reserves of stamina, and though no signs showed through to its flawless steel skin, it had done plenty of internal damage, too. Still, a little thing like that wasn't going to stop it. Even if it couldn't rely on its head, it could still defeat this foe. Its metal body gleamed as it took a low stance, before it launched forth, aiming to meet the Body Press with a Heavy Slam. A test of strength, of raw might, where only the better of the two would budge. Thus, like the collision of two greatswords, the pair of Aggron would--

--CRASH!

Before the unstoppable force and immovable object could collide, the force was stopped and the object was moved. Both of them were sent skidding back as a third challenger made itself known, bursting into the tunnel as it Dug out from the earth below. For most, this intruder would be an enigma, unknown to the modern world of Pokemon. For one as well ventured as Isaac, however, its primordial body, ethereal aura, and unmistakable ivories would immediately identify it.

Great Tusk.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 4:51:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Ah, shit. Paradox Pokemon always knew how to make an entrance. Just where did this little turf war take them? Judging by the wisps of pink drifting out from the Great Tusks' tunnels, it must have been close to the island's Dream Mist incursions. This was the dozenth Isaac had seen in the past few days alone. Had there ever been this much in one place?[break][break]

Perhaps it was related to the way the island "mysteriously appeared" one day.[break][break]

There was no time to talk theory. The Great Tusk needed to be stopped, and the injured needed to be taken far, far away from the site of its rampage. Neo was already on top of that first part. She shuddered back to her feet, rolling out a kink in her neck from being tossed so rudely to the ground. As she turned to face the other Aggron, there was a steely glint in those deep blue eyes.[break][break]

Perhaps, for a moment, the two of them could put their grudge aside.[break][break]

Rather than go for the glory herself, Neo answered the Great Tusk's challenge with a sumo-like stomp of her foot. A Rock Tomb erupted from around it, spikes of stone pinioning it from almost all sides. The move would barely hurt the Great Tusk, but she didn't need to. She just needed to slow it down with a trap, leaving it wide open for an attack from her fellow Aggron.[break][break]

Neo had this under control. For the time being, Isaac turned his eye towards the lost and the injured. "Oi, oi, any of you guys awake?" he asked, figuring that on the off chance the pile answered him he could get some clues on what the hell was going on here. Even if they didn't, he at least needed to see what he was dealing with here. How many people were unconscious? How hurt were they?[break][break]

And whose side were they on?

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Raptor

Shredder
He/Him
December 25th
Spikemunth
Northeast
Wastrel
Rocket Beast
awards
723 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shredzeppelin
Shred Zeppelin
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 23:04:20 GMT
Shred Zeppelin Avatar
The other Aggron lets out an irritated growl, before following it with a sour grunt. As much as it wishes to crush this poseur like a tin can, it can't exactly do that when there's a rampaging mammoth getting in the way. Thus, it grit its teeth, and instead turned its anger towards the Great Tusk. Slamming its tail into the ground and smacking it off the walls of the tunnel, it calls upon a Rock Slide, sending yet more boulders tumbling down from the ceiling.

Between the Slide and the Tomb, dozens of rocks are falling onto the Great Tusk, but it isn't so easily stopped. With a mighty trumpet, its body curls up in a ball and begins to revolve, performing a Rapid Spin. Boulders hit its whirling body and break apart, sending a blast of fragmentation scattering all across the tunnel, fast and hard and sharp and very, very bad to get hit by.

That's bad news for Isaac, who already has his hand full with the two captives. From a glance, they seem like League men, most likely a pair of scouts who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. But, of course, they're not the only ones who got caught up in this mess.

"QUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!!!"

The wet fellow bumbles about in a panic, watching the fight in front of him with wide eyes and mouth agape. This isn't good. Already, the tunnel isn't particularly structurally stable, and now the battle between the two Aggron and the Great Tusk is only making things worse. It won't matter who wins if they're all buried in rubble, unable to move, forced to do nothing but wait for death. How long until the entire ceiling comes crashing down on top of them? Minutes? Seconds?

Was it already too late?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,328 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Sea - Isaac vs. Shred
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 1:12:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]So they were the missing people after all. Maybe that meant the Aggron was an overzealous rescue operative. Maybe it was a Rocket taking them hostage. Maybe it was just a wild Pokemon that had made this tunnel its turf. Whatever the case, Isaac's job was done, and now he could-[break][break]

Deal with the fallout of three bigass Pokemon throwing hands. Great.[break][break]

"Don't worry, buddy, I got this." Even in the face of sure disaster, even as pieces of shrapnel carved him up like a Thanksgiving turkey, Isaac flashed the Quagsire a reassuring smile. He could patch himself up later. Right now, he needed to act. Instead of grabbing bandaids, or even an escape route, Isaac hooked a Pokeball off of his belt.[break][break]

Z-Power pulsed through his Mega Brace, causing the Pokeball to open into a shimmering rainbow instead of its usual red light. When his Espeon emerged, her eyes were already growing a neon red. "Don't hold anything back, Viv!" he called, raising his brace high in the air. Together, their shared power spiked into a crescendo.[break][break]

The force of Vivi's Shattered Psyche erupted out in all directions, pushing her brainpower to its limits. Psionic force pushed into the ceiling, holding back the quivering ceiling before it could start to collapse. For as long as she could maintain her focus, everyone would be safe. Isaac slung one scout over each shoulder, nodding for the Quagsire to follow him. "C'mon. We're blowing this joint."[break][break]

That left the three heavyweight champs. Neo, arms crossed to protect her from shrapnel, began backing towards the end of the tunnel. Before disappearing from sight, she bellowed towards her fellow Aggron. Her plea was clear; come with me if you want to live. With how this was going, who owned the tunnel was the least of their concerns.[break][break]

Were the Great Tusk to try and give chase, she would lean in and hold it back to the best of her ability. If Vivi was going to have to drop this cracking ceiling down, it may as well be on this paradoxical interloper's head.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here