[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She awakes to the faint smell of lavender, winds curling through her hair as golden rods bow to the winds and dance with their whims. Light trickles through the gaps of her fingers as she lifts a palm to block the sun from her eyes, her lips parted as she sucks in a soft, cooling breath.[break][break]

Her skin's unblemished, her bones don't ache. Her lungs don't burn and as she closes her right eye to peek at the skies, she sees the clouds that trail on by like little Mareep wandering the fields.[break][break]

"What'cha doing down there, sis?"[break][break]

Shadows crawl over her, familiar black locks dripping into her vision like a waterfall. 's smile is as bright as ever, boldly competing against the sun and all its glory. But he seems... so much younger, barely past her own age she'd reckon?[break][break]

"How did you get here?" The question falls from her lips, her eyes grow wide as saucers as she covers her mouth with a palm. Hearing herself sound so much squeakier, she begins to notice all the other little things too - How her jacket seems way too big for her, how she actually seems so tiny compared to the Isaac standing before her.[break][break]

"Followed Reiner here. How else?" He scoffs, nudging his head over his shoulder as a Luxray calmly slinks up to his side. "Y'know I can't ever beat you in a game of hide and seek unless I got your best bud's help!"[break][break]

And Reiner will burrow his head under Isaac's arm, bushy mane tickling at his nose as he tries to boop his snoot against his cheek.[break][break]

"Woah ther-"[break][break]

"Why are you here?"[break][break]

Another question crafted from her inability to yet grasp the world around her. She watches as Isaac doesn't fight Reiner's advances, listens to his chuckles as the Luxray purrs against him.[break][break]

"Well, for starters, because Doug and Hideo are waiting for you back home? Mom's been trying to keep them entertained, but any longer and I think they'll start bouncing off the walls."[break][break]

She blinks once, then twice. And she'll eventually crawl onto her feet, dusting herself off before beginning to look around. Out here, they're surrounded by wheat and grass stretching on for... miles? She can't quite see over the top of anything. At least, until she's picked up and carefully placed right onto Reiner's back.[break][break]

Huh... the field's actually much smaller than she expects it to be.[break][break]

"What'cha thinking about? You've got one of those looks on your face." Isaac clambers on after her, making sure to hold on tight as if afraid she might somehow fall off. "Whether they're literally bouncing off the walls?"[break][break]

"No, I know what that means." She can tell he's got an explanation right on the tip of his tongue, but as soon as she says her bit, he seems to straighten up but soon relaxes his grasp.[break][break]

"'course you do. You've always been real smart. Bet you probably know a whole bunch of other big words that I don't."[break][break]

"I dunno." is all she can say in the moment. All before silence settles upon them like a cold blanket. After all, is it her really being smart or her knowledge carrying on from another life?[break][break]

Reiner sways from side to side, steps a little clumsy almost as if he's getting used to his own strides. He picks up his paw, stretching it out to the furthest it can possibly reach, then awkwardly swings down into a step that'll pull him through the vast fields.[break][break]

"Well, I ain't gonna let you show me up for long. I've got a cool big brother reputation to live up to, after all!"[break][break]

Despite how goofy his words come off as, he always manages to make her feel so safe and comforted. And even in this rather strange and fantastical place, she'll snicker, leaning back into him with a smile.[break][break]

"Mmm... nuh. You'll never beat me at Scrabble."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]Reunions

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
The Dragons under the Bed
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 23:49:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When she next wakes up, it's to quiet shushing and giggling. The ground below her is rather soft, and taking the time to roll around lets her realise that she's actually laying on a couch.[break][break]

And when she looks back up, it's to the sight of two rather familiar faces.[break][break]

"Mornin' sleepyhead!"[break][break]

smiles rather brightly, a straw hat hanging down his neck and holding that very real threat of hitting her forehead if it so much as slips. Past his frame is a much calmer but equally as excited , his arms wrapped around a little, yellow pixie.[break][break]

And just as she's about to break out those first few words for a response, an obnoxiously loud squeal echoes through the room. Something appears in a blur of pink, falling right onto her stomach and stealing her breath as a strangled wheeze. Mischief flickers in their eyes, brilliant as the red jewel upon their forehead and a vast contrast to the much more placid look that the blue pixie hovering just nearby gives her.[break][break]

Before Mesprit can afford to wreak any more havoc, in comes Reiner to sweep them away, buying her just that bit of space as he gently nudges her into a sitting position. That much earns him a good old hug that he'll accept without so much as a grunt of protest (though, it might just have earned that reaction from the people around her).[break][break]

Whatever displeasure that must have graced Doug's face is neatly concealed behind a smile when she looks back at him, a hand outstretched for her to take. It's just like breathing -[break]
An endless hunger.

"We gotta get a move on or we'll be late!"[break][break]

He tugs and she follows, but not before she grabs Hideo's hand and pulls him along for the ride. And Reiner follows suit, paws scrabbling over smooth wooden floors as the pixies fly on overhead. There the adventurous little party goes, running and nearly tripping over themselves through the corridors where wyverns roost. Navigating the labyrinth of a thousand doors, the world hidden under the stairs is yet another path that they could venture upon.[break][break]

But the call of the illustrious Caretaker should not be ignored, the clanging of metal and clinking of precious treasures awaiting them in the final lair ahead. Hands all press on the great oak gates, they push forwards unto their final trial:[break][break]

Four grand tales stand before them, hustling around the room when their eyes finally fall upon the intruders. First comes the snooty look of disapproval from , and a chilling gaze from that might petrify even the bravest of explorers. She hides behind Doug with a nervous swallow, focusing her attention on the others that she can actually handle. with an invincible arm of steel and the beloved saint , all too busy transporting piles of treasure across the grand canyon that divides the Kit's Chin from the Tablet.[break][break]

Before they can mount an attack, the guide of iridescent feathers descends from the heavens, holy light shining upon them as they perch upon the perilous edge of the broken Cabin.[break][break]

"Cleanse! Cleanse!" They carry a sacred decree, pointing to the altar with a flutter of their wings. Who are these adventurers to refuse?[break][break]

Little steps carry them closer, great amounts of effort put into climbing the steps to reach the top. And when they do, sticking their hands into the basin carved from shiny metals, a towering guardian is there to greet them with a smile - The father of endless journeys, the inventor of miracles.[break][break]

"Make sure to use soap, Rosie. Scrub your fingers-"[break][break]

His guidance means a rather successful ritual, their cleansing now approved by the guide as they point them towards their final destination. Oh, but a rickety bridge stands in their way, the numerous cracked planks and fraying strings all pointing to a rather fearsome drop.[break][break]

Doug, the ever brave one, takes the lead, zipping across without even the slightest hint of fear. Hideo remains blissfully aware of the consequences of failure, simply following their leader's voice and walking across. And yet she hesitates, pinching her lips in thought as she lets out a shaky breath.[break][break]

Warmth wraps around her arm, crimson eyes meeting gold as Reiner gives her a cheeky smirk. They'll conquer this together, like they've always done. Bravery in one heart lights a spark in another, their steps careful and measured as they avoid the cracks and cross the seemingly unbreachable gap.[break][break]

At the journey's end, the Caretaker awaits, mother of all adventures that sweeps her right into a loving embrace. By her will, the dangers of the world fade away, a calm living room filled with the aroma of breakfast now taking its place. And she'll will take her seat at the table of fables, balancing her child upon her lap and rewarding her bravest companion with a generous slice of bacon.[break][break]

"What kind of dungeon have you conquered this time, my brave little Eri?" Kindly, patiently, she opens a small notebook with one hand and flips to a brand new page.[break][break]

A new adventure, a brand new story of hers to be chronicled. Eris watches on in wonder as the guiding Chatot flutters in, bequeathing a beautiful red feather that she'll pick up.[break][break]

"Well... you wouldn't believe it, momma!!"
[attr="class","adrie-note"]Conquest

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 14:17:28 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Gentle swaying is what greets her this time around, the clouds above slowly shifting back and forth as metal chains creak. Her feet don't ever touch the ground, wind rushing through her hair as she rapidly ascends then drops back to the earth in a rhythmic pattern.[break][break]

"Ever think about fighting god?"[break][break]

Beside her, scuffs his heel against the sand, barely putting much effort into seeing just how high he can swing.[break][break]

"Sometimes." It's simple enough of a reply, her legs now rocking along with the momentum.[break][break]

"Do you think you would win?"[break][break]

Up and down.[break][break]

"I don't know."[break][break]

She's never had the pleasure of meeting Arceus, only their many whimsical children that wander the lands below. But from the many fairytales she's heard, harming the god of creation really doesn't sound like a good idea.[break][break]

"Would you actually want to, if you had the chance? I think it's crazy but it'd be cool, right? How often can you say that you got to fight Arceus himself?" He barks with laughter, eyes blazing with a determination that rivals even that wolf he once turned down.[break][break]

Silence is what's meant to fill the space between them, but the melody of a creaky swing does more than enough as a substitute.[break][break]

Up.[break][break]

"Iunno."[break][break]

Down, up.[break][break]

"Not as strong as you guys."[break][break]

Her toes almost touch the ground this time, but the dip in the sand pit is just that bit deeper than expected.[break][break]

"Doug's got Lele, Hideo's got Uxie, Isaac's got Suicune. Even momma has Zapdos by her side."[break][break]

When she peeks over, she spies the frown upon his face. He's never been a big fan of avatars, so it's rather understandable.[break][break]

"I think... I'm a little scared to fight."[break][break]

Eventually, all things will end, even the momentum in her swing as she gradually loses height with each round.[break][break]

"It's scary fighting people, don't you think? A- and if you get hurt, it's really painful."[break][break]

Red beads at her very fingertips, before black specks flutter in her vision, then disappear altogether.[break][break]

"I had a really long nightmare. Where if I didn't fight, I'd lose everyone I loved. But if I did, I'd hurt lots of people and myself."[break][break]

"But it's not a nightmare, is it?"[break][break]

Her seat tilts that little bit, her weight shifted just enough so her feet can brush against the sand.[break][break]

"Maybe." Her head cocks with the tone of her admission. "Is it wrong that I wish I didn't have to fight at times?"[break][break]

"So why don't you just do that?" Again, like always. A question to answer her own. He always seems like he has all the answers that she doesn't whenever he does that. "You know that you could probably run away from all of it and live a normal life, with what they've given you."[break][break]

"I don't know."[break][break]

"Is it because you don't trust us?"[break][break]

"Maybe." Sacred is this space that she dares to utter such words, her steps light whilst her heart ever so heavy. "I don't know if you'll come back sometimes."[break][break]

"When have I ever let you down?" His voice is soft as his gaze.[break][break]

"When will you let me down?" Her words are as sharp as her own. "I don't want to... I want to trust that you guys won't ever leave me, but I-"[break][break]

It's a lot harder placing that trust in others than she thinks, no matter how many times she's tried to convince herself to.[break][break]

"I think there's something wrong with me."[break][break]

"Maybe so. But you know what you're lacking, somewhat better than anyone around you."[break][break]

"Is that something you should say in a situation like this?"[break][break]

"No point in sugarcoating it, is there?" He sighs, reaching over and gently patting her head. "You'd get mad if I said you were perfectly fine anyways."[break][break]

She would, wouldn't she? Her tongue pushes at the insides of her cheek, air sucked in through her teeth as she looks up to the sky.[break][break]

"Don't discredit yourself though, Eris. You've been making progress, even if you don't know it."[break][break]

"Fake it till you make it, or something like that?"[break][break]

"Yeah. Keep at it and you'll make it someday."[break][break]

"I hope so."[break][break]

Pushing off with a small kick, the playground is filled with the sound of creaking swings all over again.
[attr="class","adrie-note"]revelations

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 5:51:54 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Nausea rocks her over the sink, her arms aching as her bones knock against the edge of the counter. Where is she now? Looking up, she sees a reflection of herself - Pale, sweating, eyes oscillating between shades of red and black as her pupils struggle to find focus. Something crawls under her skin, something slithers in her head. It's cold, uncomfortable and frightening all at the same time.[break][break]

Dark crystal buds pierce through her skin, drawing blood with their emergence and a cry from her lips. It hurts. It must hurt in her mind, and therefore it does. They bloom in clusters, feeding off her flesh and soul. They race up her spine, raking at her throat. Soon, she might get consumed by it all, an empty shell bereft of all reasoning as that voice in her head begins to grow.[break][break]

It hungers.[break][break]

She cannot afford to feed it.[break][break]

Her back presses against the wall, crystals dragging as she slides down. She's getting too tired to fight, it's sapping away every bit of her will as she tries so hard to resist the call.[break][break]

Something bursts into the room.[break][break]

"Errie!"[break][break]

She recognises that voice, but it's maddening that she can't see his face. Even when his palms press against her cheeks, even when he rests his forehead against her own. He feels so warm. His blood must feel the exact same way if she spills it-[break][break]

"Don't let it win." He begs, "Please, Errie. Stay with me."[break][break]

He's warm, he doesn't feel so frail. Is this a world where she'd succeeded in curing him? But why did she have to feel all this pain?[break][break]

Sunlight washes the room in sepia, her already unclear vision growing even more blurry as she squints through the tears.[break][break]

"I'll stay..."[break][break]

Red taints the pitch black, streaking through the uncontrolled growth as it begins to encircle her entire body. A chain to bind it all, something to shackle the scariest of monsters and the darkest of days.[break][break]

"If it's for you..."[break][break]

Red withers black, crystals all crumbling to dust. She'll suffer all that she must if it's for him. Weak as she is with all the pain eating at her, she still finds the strength to pull him into a hug.[break][break]

"So promise me you'll stay too..."[break][break]

Even if it'll all mean nothing when she wakes up again.
[attr="class","adrie-note"]love

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 13:56:34 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's the wee hours of morning that she wakes, her eyes gifted a brief glimpse of an endless, bejewelled sky. The cosmos expands far further than the reach of idle hands, heavenly secrets woven within the shifting glimmers within her sight.[break][break]

Look to the stars. A collage of the past and present, all charted out by human hands.[break][break]

Do not lose sight of the future.[break]
The future is lost.
[break]

A future that she feels has slipped through her fingers time and time again.[break][break]

A choice will come that only you can make.[break]
Your choice doesn't matter.
[break]

A choice that had once belonged to a dear friend, now stolen and scattered to the winds.[break][break]

Think, feel, act.[break][break]

Knowledge, emotions, willpower. A trio that would never be broken apart, for they had crafted the image of man from time immemorial.[break][break]

Make the correct choice.[break]
˙ǝuo ʇɔǝɹɹoɔ ou sᴉ ǝɹǝɥ┴
[break]

How ironic is it that the words she'd received on two separate occasions had held such vastly different messages? Even now, she wonders if it had been a mistake. Or perhaps, and she believes in this theory far more, they had simply altered their fates through their ceaseless struggles and truly became an aberration that the DRK Triad had feared.[break][break]

One will steal the foundation of life - The Darkest Day had been inevitable, this was a point that would always sour her mood.[break][break]

One will kill the apparition of death - The future she had seen where Yveltal would die before the tree, it had nearly done so but the Necrozma she saw was far larger than what she had seen. Something had changed. Their interference had brought about a change that probably spelled more disaster in the future to come.[break][break]

Purple hair that she had once figured might have belonged to now drags in a new identity - and poor Lunala. They had been ruthlessly attacked by shadow pokemon, all to free the greater being of Necrozma.[break][break]

Think - There's so much to think about. Those translucent rifts that had surrounded them, that overwhelming light threatening to break into their reality. Peering up at the stars, she recalls the constellations that she'd been told about. UPrm, a winged light dragon providing energy to a cross-hatched area as if to sustain it. Prsm, the black knight attempting to keep a cross-hatch of space together as if it were falling apart. What if that had been it? In that case, their meddling and Necrozma's power seemed to dance around each other in the strangest of ways.[break][break]

Feel - God, the pain had fucking sucked. The threat of death constantly hanging over her head? Absolute fuckery. The tears that had been shed and the scars that would forever be left behind by their struggle against fate. The fear and helplessness that had consumed them all when they began running out of options to change the future. The anger that resided in her stomach when she thought about how it still continued to run rampant and destroy the lives of others. The love she had felt, guiding her every step and allowing her to withstand all that pain as she fought to keep her family alive.[break][break]

Act - Despite everything the lake guardians had told them, they had ultimately came to their aid. Because they had chosen to fight against fate with everything they had, because they were one of the most stubborn universes that for better or worse seemed to constantly change events that were meant to be set in stone.[break][break]

Act.[break][break]

Because there is still so much to be done, so much more that she could do.[break][break]

The stars above waver and blur, constellations shifting as she reaches a hand to the sky. There, on her left arm, a mark sparks with a faint pink.[break][break]

"Here's hoping I make the right choice."
[attr="class","adrie-note"]stepping up

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 23:44:11 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 11:48:14 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's just like a game - Grab yourself a friend and go raid a dungeon. But who would you grab when everyone's scrambling to fulfill this quest? Who can you really trust in a place like this?[break][break]

Before she even realises it, she's been thoroughly left behind, worry that was once gnawing at her stomach now full on chomping at her. What's with any of this? A dream world that holds far too much power over reality, has far too much structure and connects far too many people to be a coincidence. Something crafted by the DRK Triad? Or a natural power of the endless cosmos?[break][break]

Get your head in the game, Eris.[break]
There's a reason why you're still here.
[break]

To attempt to crawl even an inch closer towards understanding shadow pokemon and ways to purify them.[break][break]

Clenching her fists, she steels her resolve to move forwards.[break][break]

[break]

It's night by the time she catches a glimpse of her destination, the sky full of dark clouds as the moon burns a bright red. The path down to Vermilion City is way rockier and steeper than she remembers. Dread mounts in her throat as the high rise buildings slowly crawl into view, smoke billowing from broken windows as monstrous red and orange burst from within.[break][break]

Cetus is by her side every step of the way, his flames burning quietly amidst the dark whilst hers simply hope to mimic even a fraction of their graceful movements. Unlike the journey into the Tree of Life, possessing the features of a pokemon here doesn't mean that she's granted a drop of their power. But she isn't at all bothered by this fact.[break][break]

Just like how she hopes that her pokemon will entrust her with their lives, she too will entrust her pokemon with her own. It's the way that's it's always been - Her strategy and their strength will carry them through the roughest of patches.[break][break]

"What... happened to your world?"
[break]

Her attention flickers over to the other avatar, one sporting features very similar to a Yamper. Unlike her, they seem to sport a slight limp, unsteady on their feet as they hang onto the closest rocks.[break][break]

"Nothing good."[break][break]

It can't be Eyja. The Yamper had been fine the last she checked, but a part of her begs her to go check this very instance. As they continue their trek down into the city, they begin to hear voices - Screams and yells of both human and pokemon.[break][break]

"Let's move quickly then."
[break][break]

She doesn't have to be prompted twice, her eye sweeping across the field as she searches for their next hiding spot. As much as she hates it, fuzzy memories serve a role in a place such as this, their figures hidden from black humanoid-shaped sludge and rampaging shadow pokemon. Even if she does have to slow her pace for her party member from time to time, Cetus' Phantom Force allows him to scout the areas ahead and bring back information for their next few steps.[break][break]

"Hey."
[break]

They observe the silence as best as they can, but in moments like these where they are certain of no danger, there certainly are things that come to mind. Slipping a glance over her shoulder, she waits for them to continue their thought.[break][break]

"Did you... What did you lose?"
[break]

"... that's a rough question to ask, isn't it?"[break][break]

"Yeah. But- you know..."
[break]

That voice that grows ever so small. That bubble that's been burst ever since -[break][break]

"He's still alive. With me."[break][break]

For a moment, she's somewhat uncertain if she should have said that. But as she listens to them fall into deep silence, watches as their hands clasp together in a prayer -[break][break]

"Thank you."
[break]

Her own fist clenches as she continues to lead the way forward.[break][break]

[break]

It's funny how the place they've looking for was this shabby little building hidden amidst all the large offices and overshadowed by the grandiose of the museum right beside it: A small research facility dedicated to the restoration of fossils.[break][break]

Nostalgia fills her as she lays a hand upon the doorknob, but as she twists it open -[break][break]

Click.[break][break]

A sharp chill rakes down her spine, her arms flailing within an infinite darkness. Then suddenly, light from beside her; Cetus' flames flicker into existence, his warmth assuring her that he will be by her side. Up ahead, another light. This time, it's a poisoned purple that erupts from the ground, a mangled growl sinking its fangs deep into the pit of her stomach as fear begins to unfurl its wings.[break][break]

No. He lays by her side even now. He must be resting peacefully in the real world.[break][break]

A giant Luxray towers above them, saliva dripping from parted fangs and blackened tongue. Dirty gold eyes ensnare her within them, a deep hunger rushing and swirling in the depths.[break][break]

No. She's seen something like this, that same madness that ravaged every part of him.[break][break]

"Rei... ner...?"
[attr="class","adrie-note"]birth by sleep: resonance

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 23:07:06 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]White noise washes over her in waves, the world around her bleeding into mere shapes and colours until all that's left is the haunting visage of Reiner.[break][break]

Again.[break][break]

"No..."[break][break]

How will you mess this up?[break][break]

The Luxray roars, lightning erratically striking the earth and seeking any living creature that dares to step into his domain. Cetus is first to react, a tidal Wave Crashing right down upon the feline and conducting streams of electricity away. But what is his feeble attempt compared to such a large beast? Even a lazy swipe allows the feline to bat the treacherous fish away.[break][break]

This is your dream.[break][break]

It isn't mine to control.[break][break]

"Cetus!"[break][break]

Her own screams feel so weak compared to their own - Cries of pain stemmed from different sources but cries of pain all the same. Cries that she wished she could understand as she shields her eyes from the storm billowing outwards.[break][break]

"Reiner! Please stop!"[break][break]

No. Not Reiner. Not hers.[break][break]

It can't be hers.[break][break]

Anger surges from the grounds beside her, a Basculegion emerging from the shadows as he launches himself right for the Luxray's throat. And though her head understands that this is their mission, her body hesitates to draw the cards from her inventory. But a defiant roar from the big fish forces her to make a decision, sharp claws swinging down towards him as the Luxray balks and screeches.[break][break]

"Keep going!"[break][break]

She can't believe she's saying this, allowing Cetus to continue Crunching his way through sinew and bone. She almost trips over herself as she begins to run, narrowly evading the stray bolts darting towards her. And her heart sticks to her throat, a slimy pulse wrapped around every ragged breath as she grasps her hands together, pressing her thumbs to her lips and closing her eyes.[break][break]

If you're there-[break][break]

A guiding light. A single spark of hope. Now, more than ever.[break][break]

She opens her eyes to the sight of one. The skies above swirl, new patterns being woven into a vast canvas of space. A Cosmic Power watches over them, her Wishes heard as the stars begin to gather as witness to her will.[break][break]

How will you fail him this time?[break]
I won't.
[break]

"We're taking him down!"
[break]

Noble is her determination, her defiance manifested in a roar that echoes to the high heavens. For a moment, she can feel the Luxray's glare upon her back, deep purple flowers sprouting from the ground as the petals fall and scatter. A Springtide Storm grows, encircling the stage of their last dance and tightening with every passing second.[break][break]

But Cetus doesn't falter, flames burning brighter as continues to Thrash against his foe. Water laps at the Luxray's foot, splashes with Eris' every step. In a large swinging motion, the water rises once more, a heavy curtain that slams against the feline and knocks him right off balance.[break][break]

One chance.[break][break]

The pitter patter of her feet silences the cacophony in her head, a Fang coated in Thunderous energy manifesting in her hands. And as she skids and places herself right before the Luxray's chest, her knuckles ache as the uneven grooves imprint themselves into her palms.[break][break]

"Forgive me."[break][break]

Swift. Energy concentrated into that single point where it pierces his chest.[break][break]

For a moment, she swears that she sees relief flash past the Luxray's face, but even a moment of serenity will haunt her to her grave. Her hands still clutch at the fang, her knees collapsing beneath her as she lets out a shaky breath. Her forehead bumps against his ribcage, the rhythm of his life resonating with her own but surely fading as a deep red mixes with the waters below.[break][break]

"Forgive me..."

[attr="class","adrie-note"]birth by sleep: dissonance

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 15:18:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Victory is the salty blood that sits on her lips, her hands aimlessly stretching and clenching as if attempting to clutch onto something. She can still feel the fading warmth of his body, see the dullness of his eyes. But the hurting had stopped, hadn't it?[break][break]

She had made the right choice, hadn't she?[break][break]

You know that it isn't gonna get any easier from here on out.
[break]

She can still wish, can't she?[break][break]

The next task seems to involve the key she'd picked up - A rather soft Corsola plushie with the exact number of patches and fraying knots, exactly how she remembers it to be. Idling tugging at a branch, she feels the pressure of the plush gently pushing against her fingers. How laughable it must be, for her item to be a doll she had hugged and carried everywhere as a child.[break][break]

And yet, it provides her far too much reassurance as she gingerly feels around in the dark. Soft fabric dangles from above, the walls of this confining space cold to the touch. When she applies a bit of pressure to one of the surfaces, she hears a quiet creak, forced to squint as light begins to stream in.[break][break]

"Eri?"[break][break]

Her breath hooks in her throat, her weight pressed into her palm as she pushes quicker.[break][break]

The wardrobe doors swing open. Ashes and char fill her lungs. A bleak sun bleeds out upon the horizon, but no one stands in the ruins of her safe haven. No one but her and her Basculegion remain in these wastelands. Not even bones can be found scattered amidst burnt wood and crumbled concrete.[break][break]

This is your dream.[break]
˙ʎʇᴉlɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ sᴉ sᴉɥ┴
[break]

Where she's left with nothing but the weight in her chest, the Corsola plushie squeezed tighter as she struggles to draw breath.[break][break]

You have to destroy this dream.[break][break]

What wouldn't she give to destroy her reality too?[break][break]

Focus. All it takes is the pain of bleeding lips for her to release the tension in her grip. She has a task to accomplish, even if her end goal seems a little fuzzy. Something tugs at her, draws her towards the debris that's piled all around them.[break][break]

Kneeling down, digging her hands into warm soot and splinters. Sharp glass fragments are mixed into the mess, jagged edges briefly scraping over her fingers as she continues to burrow deeper. It's in here. Whatever that it may be, she's certain that she might just find answers if she keeps up her search.[break][break]

But what if those answers don't match her expectations? What if they present a problem that she just isn't prepared to deal with?[break][break]

Darkness stains the cover of the leatherbound journal, smudging as she shifts her hand down the spine. Is this really it? Fragmented pictures and glitching handwritten notes line the pages. And yet, each and every piece reflect her own journal as near exactly how she remembers it.[break][break]

A fragment of all that you once had.[break][break]

A fragment that still remains with her to this very day.[break][break]

She doesn't know why, but somehow she knows - To destroy this dream is to destroy a figment of her imagination. Just another passing trace in her dreams. So why does she hesitate?[break][break]

Hungry maws rip it from her hands.[break][break]

"CETUS NO!"[break][break]

A sharp scream is ripped from her throat. Kind faces and smiles pulled between sharp teeth as infernal flames swallow the pages. Her hands reach into his maw, arms sunken into as she tries to shield the book from harm. But the tales whispered to her in the wee hours before bed, the words committed to heart all begin to shred and burn before her very eyes.[break][break]

Once, she'd thought that she already lived a nightmare.[break][break]

Oh, how wrong she must have been.
[attr="class","adrie-note"]birth by sleep: destruction

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 17:00:41 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Spring rains fall outside a window, jagged streaks blurring the view. But somehow as she squints, she can just about make out the scenery that bashfully hides from her: Lavenders rattling in the heavy showers and doing their utmost best to bloom amidst the lingering gloom.[break][break]

"What are you thinking so hard about, Rosie?"[break][break]

Eyes blue like the atlantic, ruby eyes trace the unruly and fiery locks that drip down the man's shoulders. Instincts make her reach out, both arms gingerly extended until the man smiles and reaching down to scoop her up. And as she's cradled closer to his chest, she slings her arms around his shoulders, leaning her head into the crook of his neck as she hugs him.[break][break]

"Awh, did you miss me? I barely left for a minute to get some biscuits." His voice is so carefree, his warmth and heartbeat all felt by just how closely he holds her. "Here, you can have the last one. Don't go telling your brother we finished it though. He might get mad that we didn't leave him any."[break][break]

A circular butter cookie is waved before her eyes, the pact sealed with a hearty laugh as she's implicated in the crime of smuggling the last few treats. Nibbling on the edges, she's perfectly content to sit still as Finneas begins carrying her around the house. Away from the little stepstool placed next to her favourite window, through the living room still decorated with paper money, cards and dice. Each step he takes is a gentle sway, a light rocking that lulls her along with the quiet tune he hums.[break][break]

"Pa?" Her voice seems so muffled, lost to the threads of his comfy sweater.[break][break]

"Yes, Rosie?" Still he hears her call, all too happy to listen to whatever thoughts big or small she has to share with him.[break][break]

And yet, words fail her when she needs them the most. Or perhaps, she finds that she simply doesn't want to sour whatever little time they have together. What if one day, she were to lose all her memories? In an accident? In a trade with forces beyond comprehension? What if one day, she were to lose her life in her attempts to save those that she loved?[break][break]

In all honesty, Eris had never thought that far. What it meant to leave records of her past, what it meant to preserve all those memories even in the simplest of photographs. As she clutches onto the last remaining fragment of a polaroid that she'd saved from Cetus' maws, she wonders if her mother had thought that far when she'd written all her findings in that journal.[break][break]

Perhaps, she had just wished to leave whatever she found in the hands of the child who wished so dearly to follow in her footsteps.[break][break]

"Zapdos is upset over something, aren't they? That's why it's raining so heavily?"[break][break]

A streak of light flashes past the window, the ground trembling from the rumble that soon follows. Closing her eyes, she ducks her head into his chest, whimpering as the windows rattle from the gathering storm.[break][break]

"Hmm... I'm not an expert on the legends like your momma is, but I can tell you that whatever it may be, it's never going to get you. Not while Lyney and I are here." Calm as ever, there seems to be a hint of amusement that colours his words. One that she had never detected before as she clung to how brave he was.[break][break]

At some point, they reach the inner sanctums of her father's most sacred space. And there, tucked into the corner of the room is a Jolteon that raises his head, a kindly look slipped to her when she dares to peek at the world around her again. Lyney is a proud warrior, a fervent protector of this hearth and a begrudging guardian to the tiny Shinx that he curls around on his bed. And how is he to react when his dearest trainer sets his little one upon the ground right next to him?[break][break]

The raise of his brow garners a chuckle from the man.[break][break]

"Mind watching over them with me? At least until the storm stops?"[break][break]

A protest must be sitting upon the Jolteon's breath, but can he really voice it when Eris is already clambering into his den to join Reiner? He squints for a moment, ears flicking as he waits for the child to settle. Then he sticks his tongue out at his trainer, clearly disgruntled at just how babysitting duty has been tossed to him. But when he turns his attention back to the duo in his embrace, his gaze softens as he leans in and lightly rests his head upon her shoulder.[break][break]

"Lyney, you're heavy..."[break][break]

The Jolteon scoffs, playfully adding a bit more weight until the girl whines and starts prodding at his face before he lets up.[break][break]

It's just like Finneas to make such a show of it. Rain, shine, through the messiest of days and the darkest of nights, he'd watch over them even without being asked.
[attr="class","adrie-note"]birth by sleep: fleeting dream

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 14:11:36 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]If her region is indeed fated to end, would it go as quietly as this one does? Thousands upon thousands of voices lost to the encroaching fragmentation, all proof of their futile struggle disappearing without a trace.[break][break]

Would anyone know that they once existed?[break][break]

Not even her identity is safe, her name splintered into pixels as she rests her palm against the glitching status screen.[break][break]

Would anyone know that she once existed?[break][break]

The description of the wish tag remains clear, as if taunting her amidst the ruins of this broken world. Whilst her region has supposedly gone beyond the event horizon, what would she like to change about herself?[break][break]

Strength, not to destroy her enemies but to protect her loved ones. Courage to believe in herself, in others. Kindness and warmth that she can share with anyone she meets. Smarts that enable her to aim for the best and plan for the worst. Faith that she will learn from her mistakes in the past and not regret her decisions in the future.[break][break]

When silence is all that accompanies you at the very end, you begin to find companions in thoughts that pass by. Despite the innumerable cracks she harbours, despite how small she is in a world that constantly shifts and takes, there is still worth to her existence. But it is human to simply desire what one lacks, to hunger for far more than she may ever be able to obtain in this lifetime.[break][break]

Then again, those are what wishes are made for, aren't they? To pray for something as if something higher might just hear her.[break][break]

I wish to be a good person.
[break]

Here, at the end, when the stars begin to fade and time crumbles to nothingness, a child foolishly clasps her hands together and prays.
[attr="class","adrie-note"]birth by sleep: oración

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights