he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Giving back [C/M]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 15:44:49 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Today was one of his days off from his duties, so he had decided to spend the day taking pictures. He had taken a few good ones that he planned on uploading to his laptop later, but he wasn't done yet. There was just one more thing he wanted a picture of: the sun setting over the ocean.
[break][break]
With that in mind, he made his way to the beach. Upon arriving, he walked over to the water's edge and stared out over the water. It was still some time before sundown, so he supposed he would take the time to gaze out over the water until it was time. At least, that was the plan until he happened to look down and noticed trash littering the waterline.
[break][break]
The sight made him narrow his eyes and huff in annoyance. How could people live with themselves when they did things like this? He just didn't understand it. Sure, one didn't drink ocean water, at least he hoped not, but there were Pokémon of all kinds that lived in the ocean. Seriously, how would they feel if someone just walked into their home and started throwing trash around?
[break][break]
Scowling, he started to bend down to pick up some trash when he caught movement in his peripheral vision. Turning his head, he saw an older man, probably middle-aged, holding trash bags and a few trash grabbers. Every now and then, he would try to offer them to people who only shook their heads and moved on.
[break][break]
He glowered at the people before allowing his expression to return to its default one. Making his way over to the person, he gave him a curt nod. "I'll help out," he reassured the man, ignoring the thankful look the older male shot him as he was given a trash bag and a trash grabber.
[break][break]
Without another word, he made his way to the shoreline to get started. He figured the best place to start would be there, before the trash could be dragged out to sea.[break] @saturn

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Giving back [C/M]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2023 6:52:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aliasong"]

one of the first things alia discovered about herself after her arrival in hoenn is the way the ocean had a magnetic pull on her. no matter which city she traveled to, she sought for the beach, heart seeking to envelope itself in the gentle lull of the tides. it didn't fully come as a surprise; she has always loved being by the water, having found solace at her local lake since she was a young child. visiting the sea was an impossible treat, however, and now it was one she allows herself to indulge in often. [break][break]

she's visiting slateport beach today. she must admit, her hopes weren't incredibly high for this location, being so close to the bustling city. and she was right for playing it safe. as alia maneuvers closer to the shoreline, she begins spending more time dodging the bits of trash that had made a home in the sandy pits than admiring the view in front of her. it was frustrating, to say the least, both from a personal and moral perspective.[break][break]

as alia daintily steps her way around the contaminated grounds, she bumps into the older volunteer as well. when he offers her a trash bag and tongs, she takes it without hesitation. might as well, now that she was here. she is pretty good at multi-tasking, if she does say so herself.[break][break]

the tides occasionally kiss her feet as she works her way across the shores, pausing every now and then to take in the sunset that was slowly filling the skies. the young woman had nearly a quarter of a bag full of trash when she cross paths with the other volunteer.[break][break]

alia makes eye contact, instinctively breaking into a polite smile and nod. the area around them was particularly littered, so instead of moving past the man immediately she stays. realizing it may be slightly awkward working in the same space without any form of other acknowledgment, she parts her mouth to speak. "spending your evening cleaning the beach too, huh? don't know about you, but i can't imagine a better way to spend the night." alia says cheekily as she leans down to pluck a plastic bottle and plop it in her bag.

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Giving back [C/M]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 20:16:14 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Adding another piece of trash to the bag, he paused to scan the area. It seemed like there was still a good amount of trash left. With his bag already about half full, he hadn't been expecting there to be this much trash. Before he could take too much time to look around, he was alerted to the return of his Sharpedo.
[break][break]
He had sent Sharpedo out to retrieve any trash that had drifted out into the sea, as long as it wasn't too far out. It was mainly to keep himself from getting his clothes wet, and also because he had his camera to worry about. He couldn't allow his camera to get wet.
[break][break]
Receiving the trash from Sharpedo, he noticed someone approaching from his peripheral vision. Looking to the side, he noticed a woman slightly older than himself, carrying her own trash bag and tongs. Another volunteer? He hadn't seen her when he had offered his own services, so she must have come to the beach by herself.
[break][break]
His own greeting was less enthusiastic. Not that hers was enthusiastic, but at least she smiled. All she received was a polite nod from him. His expression remained neutral.
[break][break]
Returning to his task, he was interrupted when she spoke. He was about to respond when he noticed how far out Sharpedo was. Sighing, he momentarily turned away to scold the dual-type Pokémon.
[break][break]
"Jet, I told you to stay close. That's too far out. It's hard to see you when you're that far out. Help collect trash that is closer but too far out to reach."
[break][break]
Once he saw Jet come closer, he returned his attention to the woman. "I couldn't just leave the beach looking like this, and it wasn't like I was the first one asked to clean up either. I watched people turn the guy down and decided to step up," he explained.[break] @saturn

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Giving back [C/M]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 17:28:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

sending out the sharpedo to fetch the polluting junk was smart, and alia scolds herself for not thinking of it earlier. She reaches for a pokeball of her own, a flick of her wrist releasing a teal amphibian, who looked all too happy at the sight of the ocean. “ino, join the sharpedo in collecting some of that trash.” alia says softly, and the marshtomp nods adamantly before diving into work. [break][break]

the woman turns back to ever, indifferent to the man’s less enthusiastic demeanor. “that was a smart idea, sending out your sharpedo for all of that trash. wish i thought of that myself!” she says breezily as she leans down to resume her trash-picking. “i feel you on that. it’s especially heartbreaking as a ranger to see how little people seem to care for the environment that we are sworn to protect.” a frown creases in alia’s eyebrows, mood dampened by the thought. the earth's gifts had never failed to offer her solace during moments of crisis, and it physically rips at her heart that humans themselves were the very reason why mother nature was in a state of crisis itself. she lets the comment linger in the air for a few moments longer before shaking her head, moving on to a lighter topic. “so, what about you? What are you up to in hoenn?”

[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Giving back [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 20:10:24 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Sending Jet out had been more of a subconscious decision than a thoughtful one. If he was being honest, the thought had just popped into his head and he had done it. He hadn't really even considered whether it was a good idea. The fact that she saw fit to send out her own Pokémon to help his own Pokémon let him know that sending out Jet to help him collect trash was a good move.
[break][break]
He watched his Sharpedo just long enough to make sure he would play nicely with her Marshtomp before redirecting his attention to the woman, though the praise soon had him looking away again. "You give me too much credit, I just didn't want to get my clothes wet."
[break][break]
Receiving praise had never been his forte. It didn't help that he was a pessimist. It often led to him brushing off the compliment, downplaying his own achievements, or both. It really depended on the situation and what he did. Something that often drove his grandparents crazy.
[break][break]
Silence lapsed between them for a bit with just a bit of small talk here and there. It wasn't until she mentioned being a ranger that he would look her way again. They were both rangers, what were the odds of that? What were the chances that he would just stumble across someone who was a ranger as well?
[break][break]
"Funny you should ask. I'm actually a ranger myself, well, a cadet. I'm still in training," he admitted with a small shrug before continuing. "I'm also a photographer on the side. I mostly take pictures of nature and Pokémon," he said as he added more trash to the bag.[break] @saturn

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Giving back [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 6:50:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

alia glances at ever, surprised to hear that he was also a fellow ranger. "oh, no way. i'm in-training myself - got a couple months left to go." she says, smiling faintly. she had met many other cadets lately, but it was always nice to know more. it helped her feel less lonely as a trainee, being able to talk about their tough regimen with other people. [break][break]

at the mention of his photography side-hustle, however, alia perks up even further. brown honey orbs trail to the camera hanging across his body, and she silently scolds herself for failing to notice it earlier. what kind of ranger is she, to overlook such an obvious detail about her surroundings? [break][break]

"oh, that's so cool! i use to take photos when i was younger, but it's been a while since i've taken any." her eyes gleam as she spoke, clearly excited by the topic. her hands had stopped moving as a result, the task of beach-cleaning temporarily forgotten. "i would love to see some of your work, if you're comfortable sharing."[break][break]

+ [break]

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#6f77ca;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
236 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Giving back [C/M]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 20:53:00 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As she mentioned having a few more months of training left, he nodded. "Yeah, I'm right there with you. Probably because I didn't start until recently. I'm not originally from Hoenn, only moving here three years ago," he explained, pausing to make sure Jet wasn't going too far out. Once he was sure the Sharpedo was staying where he could see him, he turned his attention back to the woman.
[break][break]
It was after turning back that he would realize that despite having conversed with her, he hadn't introduced himself. "Oh right, my name's Ever. I usually don't postpone the introductions for so long, but I was preoccupied with the task at hand, I guess," he said with a shrug.
[break][break]
As she showed interest in his photography, he listened to what she had to say. When she mentioned taking pictures as a kid, he had to resist the urge to huff. His father definitely wouldn't have allowed him to get into photography as a kid, for obvious reasons and for not so obvious reasons.
[break][break]
"That's more than I can say for myself. My father wouldn't have allowed me to do it. He looked down on that sort of thing. It was after coming to live with my grandparents that I got into photography. They told me it could be relaxing. I found I had quite a talent for it and decided to pursue a career in it," he said it like it was no big deal that he was self-taught, and to him, it probably wasn't.
[break][break]
As she inquired about whether she could see his pictures, he nodded. "Most are downloaded on my laptop, which I didn't bring with me, but I've spent today taking pictures, so you can look through the ones still on my camera after we're done here."[break] @saturn

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights