TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2023 7:18:23 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

they were both detached people in their own ways, maybe. her departure from their romance had been underwhelming, without much explanation, and with equally as much argument. it had been simple to disappear.[break][break]

she’d disappeared again during a family vacation not long after, giving no explanation to anyone. while the timing had been almost obvious after her younger brother’s defection, they’d somehow concluded she had offed herself–but had they really?[break][break]

upon her return, she had thought of theo, wondering if he suspected her of running as so many others did. the trust she had built with each of the underbosses before had felt powerful. now, suspected her. she had heard things about that were difficult to imagine, but enough to know she was not the same person she had been before. she did not have high hopes for any remaining understanding. the three of them had lived twenty years in her absence.[break][break]

she was not the same either.[break][break]

when she reached out, after weeks since her return, it was in the wilds of all places that he suggested they meet. for the first time, she  wondered if he might try to kill her. however, she had resolved to no longer let fear dictate her actions.[break][break]

having suggested lesser megalopolis herself, she waited on a dark street, the end of her cigarette glowing bright.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
mission: into the wild[break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-marshadow"][break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2023 14:30:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]the shadows on the dark street begin to warp, shifting and twisting to give way to the PHANTOM FORCE. out steps one of the underbosses having lived twenty years without having aged more than a day.

his expression is light, not detached as he steps beside her.

"so you've returned."
[attr="class","becktag"]
[attr="class","beckpoke"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 4:42:34 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the phantom force opened. she could not be sure what to expect in such a realm, so she turned quickly with a hand reaching for a pokeball. alertness prepared for a megalopolan, the drk triad, or some other threat.[break][break]

a threat he still could be, but her hand fell back to her side as she took in a face she had left behind.[break][break]

”yes.”[break][break]

she turned slightly, to watch the street as she had been before and to appear less confrontational.[break][break]

”how are you?”[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 9:37:02 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]she has been far more confrontational toward him in the past, so her reaction does not bother him much nor does it surprise him. if anything, it is expected, and there is a strange sense of comfort in that.

"i'm okay."

far from it, really, but he hides it well behind the smile that gently graces his features.

"so, i'm curious. why return now?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d5d5d5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 0:59:56 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

predictably simple. okay was better than most of the other answers she had gotten to the same question. it almost made her doubt him, but when had he ever not been ‘okay’?[break][break]

"good."[break][break]

she liked his question better than ‘why’d you leave?’ as the answer felt less cowardly.[break][break]

”to continue my work.”[break][break]

her time away had not been wasted and she had never abandoned her studies, but the work she referred to could not be done from across the ocean.[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 9:43:23 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]simple meets simple, he's not sure what he was expecting, but her answer suffices.

he fishes into his coat for a pack of cigarettes; a movement as familiar as the way he offers it to her.

"i'm sure you're aware of the recent wave of defectors."

her brother included.

"there are those who doubt you."
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 10:09:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

at his offer for a cigarette, she muttered a thanks with a raise of her own still between her fingers. its smoldering end had faded but not died out yet.[break][break]

she was aware—on both accounts.[break][break]

”there are many who doubt me. that is none of my concern.”[break][break]

it concerned her, but she would try to ignore it. it was easy to do when she could be wrapped up in work.[break][break]

”unless you’re among them?” she looked over at him, taking a drag.[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 11:38:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]"it should be of concern. a lack of trust will make it incredibly difficult to achieve results."

but, thankfully, most of her work does not rely on others, at least not in the same way his would. that grants her some level of leniency, but all it takes is one trigger-happy grunt with the wrong idea, looking to make a name for themselves, for it to all end.

"i'm not," he shakes his head before lighting his cigarette. "i trust you had your reasons. and while i'm happy you've returned, a part of me feels disappointed."

he shares.

"you would've been safer elsewhere."
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 7:26:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”my colleagues trust me, and i trust them enough. we will achieve results.”[break][break]

she had gained a certain level of respect and loyalty in the labs through years of work. she mostly steered clear of other parts of the submarine, now, except for in the sleeping hours of the night. it was safer that way.[break][break]

his words released some of the tension in her shoulders. he was not going to kill her. he was happy.[break][break]

she took a drag, eyeing him briefly before looking away again.[break][break]

”i would’ve been useless elsewhere, but i appreciate your concern.”[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 10:30:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]"do you?"

he asks, not aggressive, more wondering as he glances back at her past the steady puff of smoke.

"after all this time, i still find it difficult to read you."
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 1:59:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

she nodded.[break][break]

the response that followed took a moment.[break][break]

”you want to know what i’m thinking?” she asked, turning to look at him again. ”i’m scared.” of you. of others. ”but i’m so curious, and so sure this is what i’m meant to be doing that it doesn’t matter.”[break][break]

her cigarette reached its end. she extinguished it and wrapped it in a piece of notepad paper, and stuffed it in her pocket.[break][break]

”what else… i’m glad to see you alive, and i’m glad to hear you’re happy that i’m back.” and that you don’t seem to want me dead.[break][break]

her eyes searched his, unlike before, daring to peer deeper. she offered a small smile back, finally.[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 4:10:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]as she peers deeper, she would find someone less intense, harsh, and confined by his past. decades of living has allowed him to shed free—not by far but enough—and now he exists as his own person, not as another cog.

he does his part not because that is what is expected of him, but because he genuinely believes in the greater good. the after of all the war and bloodshed.

"what are you scared of?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 17:51:26 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

”you.”[break][break]

there was little hesitation, and it was without shame. fear surely meant little if it did not dictate her actions. she had invited him to meet, after all, facing such fear head-on. ”and others.” was it not smart?[break][break]

”i have been around too long to believe that the value of my work makes me exempt from punishment. i made a mistake by leaving for months. i realize how lucky i am to be back and still breathing.”[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 13:05:36 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]you.

for whatever reason, her answer catches him off guard, and it shows in the way his expression twists into one of hurt and disappointment.

"your departure came at an inopportune time."

it fades quickly, however.

"your name was grouped with the recent wave of defectors, at least until proven otherwise. but you are not the first to leave and return."

he explains.

"i did the same, after all, when blackwell died."
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
empty city
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 8:26:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]

the look on his face didn’t go unnoticed. she wondered what he meant by inopportune time.[break][break]

had he told her about this before? they had shared many boozy nights, and plenty of memories were hazy, so perhaps. she imagined he might have also it to himself, given her stark hatred of defectors before.[break][break]

blackwell was different, i heard.[break][break]

she found herself at a loss for what to say, before remembering something she was almost sure he'd said once.[break][break]

"and why you came back... was it because you lacked a feeling of purpose outside of this?" a life in team rocket.[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]