Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,324 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
LESSER MEGALOPOLIS: EI
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 19:11:00 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Isaac was a trickster and a conman. He had ambitions of being an actor, doomed to never be realized. He'd spent a year and a half as a criminal, rubbing elbows with the worst of the worst. His empathy had gone from cold, dying embers to a roaring inferno, and now he sought to understand everyone he met from princes to paupers alike. All of this went to say that Isaac knew how to read people.[break][break]

The fact that he couldn't read a word of El's expression terrified him.[break][break]

Nevertheless, he was never one to shy away from his own bad ideas. How bad could a little soda be? He took it from El's hands, peering down at the soda like a man about to walk to this own execution. He peered into the opening of the can, but he couldn't see anything. He gave it a little swish back and forth, and it at least sounded like there was liquid in there. That was sight and hearing. Time for taste.[break][break]

Oh.[break][break]

Between , , and , Isaac was no stranger to good food. In his years of traveling the region and snatching whatever he could get his hands on, he was no stranger to bad food, either. Despite this, despite all of his travels and experiences, despite everything, he couldn't even begin to picture the taste that just washed into his mouth.[break][break]

It was like playing a game of 20 Questions with an asshole. The more Isaac tried to figure out what he'd put in his mouth, the less he felt he understood the mysterious drink. It was as captivating as it was infuriating. He took another sip, which did nothing to clarify the confusion on his face. If anything, it only made it more apparent.[break][break]

"Arceus. You weren't kidding," Isaac said, putting the drink down. He popped open the red one with a fizzy hiss, raising it to his lips and throwing it down the hatch. Maybe trying another would clear things u-[break][break]

Nope. This one tasted just as inexplicable, but in equal and opposite ways to the green one. Whenever he tried to articulate the feeling, he just ended up hurting his brain. Nevertheless, he knew these two unknowable entities were polar opposites, despite not knowing how to even define them in the first place. He was quick to offer it to El, the wheels in his head spinning in place all the while.[break][break]

. . . Huh. Did another soda just open? Isaac could've sworn he'd heard another pop and fizz.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 1:56:53 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El couldn't help a giggle and a nod as Isaac reacted to the soda - it truly was alien, which was to be expected when they were in an otherwise very alien space... But that didn't help with the confusion that the soda brought on - which, it was soda, "I don't even know where to begin with describing it..." They mused out loud as they eyeballed a few of the other cans in the pile. It, really, was like trying to describe a color that only you could see, or the error your brain outputs when it tries to figure out what's between red and violet.

Except, it was flavor rather than color.

As Isaac offered the red soda, El would accept it and take a sip... Only to furrow their brows as they went through a very similar dilemma to what Isaac did. It was certainly an opposite sort of taste; but much like the prior soda, it was indescribable. They could only really use the green soda as a reference point to say that the red soda was opposite - but neither of them could be compared to anything El has experienced before.

Ultimately though, El finds that they actually kinda like this soda. "It's confusing... But it's not bad." They keep sipping at it as they glance over the remaining sodas to decide on their next choice... When a crackle and fizz makes them blink and stop, glancing to Isaac. "Was that you...?"

But no, Isaac hadn't touched anything; nor had Bibidi. And there wasn't anyone else who could've been messing with the vending machines here... Which meant that there was something out there. Cautiously, El turns their gaze to Bibidi. "Does... Ahtal see anything?" They question - wondering if there was something in another part of this strange building making the noise.

And at first, the answer appears to be a negatory as Bibidi reaches out to the ghostly husk - even if they, too, heard something. She directs the Shedinja to carefully investigate, wanting to see what this strange noise might be...

... But the concerned face that the Alakazam soon makes is a clear sign that something has gone wrong. Another clear sign is when a certain Shedinja flees into the room on fire, before promptly KO-ing on the floor.

And so too, is the sounds of hissing and sizzling that seem to be following in Ahtal-Ka's wake.

El only has enough time to recall their Shedinja before Bibidi is suddenly scooping both siblings up, and hiding in the center of the circle of vending machines - using Telekinesis to pull them close and sturdy together as a hiding spot.

Which proves to be a wise decision - as a group of something stampede into the room. The sound of fireworks, explosions, and crashing fill the air, paired with the flashing of multicolored lights, and the smell of smoke. It's gone beyond that of a Bouffalant in a china shop outside - the only thing that keeps the rattling machines from being tipped over being Bibidi's psychic power holding them in place. It's only with a sound like something crashing and crumbling that the sounds begin to fade - the stampede seemingly moving on in quick order..!

Bibidi, however, waits a half minute longer before she finally lets go - nudging the machines aside so that they can leave their hiding spot.

The room has completely changed - the outsides of the vending machines, as well as the walls, ceiling, and floor, being scorched in varying spots. The air still smells of lingering smoke - a scent that makes El think of sparklers and firework shows back home - as well as the sickly smell of burnt sugar. A number of the soda cans that Isaac had procured had burst open, soda spilt all over the floor - with patches where it had been boiled down into a sticky syrupy mess.

"Oh." El murmurs, visibly unsettled by the mayhem that they had managed to take shelter from.

But perhaps most importantly, was that part of the wall to the outside had been broken down - a number of sticky footprints showing that whatever creatures were in here, they had exited in a hurry as a collective. And that from the outside, the distant sounds of growls and shrieks could be heard - a sound Isaac would likely find familiar...
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,324 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 19:45:45 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Really? Green one was way better, if you ask me." Isaac tried to consider how he even got to that conclusion, considering he couldn't explain either of the flavors if he was held at gunpoint. At the same time, two quick sips of the drinks confirmed what he'd known. "I think one of them tastes like . . . smoke?"[break][break]

Oh. Oh no. That wasn't barbecue smoke Isaac tasted. That was the smoke wafting in from the next room. Ahtal was on fire, and not in the cool and successful way. Isaac quickly whipped up a ball of sanctified waters, running them across the poor Shedinja's husk before El recalled it. "The heck?" Isaac asked, moments before Bibidi encased them in a shield of vending machines.[break][break]

Unable to help himself, Isaac tried to peer through the gaps in the vending machine. Strange, noodle-like limbs contorted in unexpected directions, stretching and squashing like over-torqued springs. Pastel-colored balls sailed through the air, bursting into showered of fireworks. A strange, unearthly giggle, as uncanny to the ears as the sodas had been to the taste buds, snaked through Isaac's ears.[break][break]

Before he could muster up the will to fight, the stampede was already over. Isaac could faintly see two of the strange creatures dancing down the halls of the building. One plucked the other's ball-like head off, cackling as if it had just pulled the funniest prank in the world before throwing it down the hallway.[break][break]

Broken furniture, ruined machines, and burned sodas awaited them on the other side of this disaster. Before Isaac could even comment on them, bone-chilling howls sent a shiver down his spine. "Oh." he said, reflexively pulling El close. "We gotta go. Now. Before they-"[break][break]

"They already found us, you know."[break][break]

"Trust me, buddy. Been there, done that." Isaac turned to Merola, who was currently looking over the scene of the crime with a weary resignation to their eyes. "You guys gotta deal with them too? I thought it was just humans they went after."[break][break]

"The shine in your eye is how they tell. Were we masked and disguised, perhaps we would have a chance." That made sense. Stealing one of the suited-up zombie's disguises had been how Isaac infiltrated the tower for as long as he had. "I see your search has proven very productive."[break][break]

"Yeah, yeah, yuck it up. Not our fault someone decided to send in the clowns before we could get started," Isaac said. "How was the . . . whatever the heck you were doing?"[break][break]

"Helpful. As were the drawers of the room I was in."[break][break]

"Wait, there were drawers?"[break][break]

"Locked to a tongue scan, yes."[break][break]

"Gee, I wonder why we didn't find anything."[break][break]

Mutual snark aside, Merola revealed quite the bounty. There were strange, triangular tubes containing two-sided needles within. There were large pills, the size of a human fist, which seemed to rattle whenever Isaac shook them. There was even some sort of brace-like clamp, an LED display lighting up in the same incomprehensible language as the soda labels. Unfortunately, any attempt at activating it just let out a staticky hiss, blanking out the LED display nine times out of ten.[break][break]

"We'll ask later. For now, we gotta find a way out of here, and fast. Got any ideas, El?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 6:56:11 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
”The green one wasn’t bad,” El clarified with a sheepish chuckle. ”But It was more...” … More something. El still wasn’t sure how to put a word to the taste of it. They had a feeling it’d be easier to not worry too hard about it…

… But after the chaos was said and done, and heralded to further danger, Merola had returned – having plenty to say and share. That you could disguise yourself to avoid the zombies was interesting – and it did make sense. Though, the ‘shine in your eye’ bit was an interesting note.

Another interesting thing was the number of devices that Merola had found. El wasn’t able to make any more heads or tails sense of it than Isaac could, but they couldn’t help but peek over his shoulder as he fiddled with one of them – curiosity clear in their eyes. Though, there wasn’t anything to be found in the hissing LED display.

Ah well… They had to get out of here, anyhow – and as Isaac asked for El’s input on this, they’d blink a bit in surprise. Their initial instinct had been to expect Isaac to wind-step them out of here again – but they supposed that with how Merola handled it, that he was trying to be considerate of the Megalopolan. So, they’d take a second to consider.

”I suppose if we’re trying to get away, we want to be unseen… Or too fast to track.” They mused, thinking through this out loud. ”I dunno if Merola wants to do the wind-stuff again, but I was curious about how Akero’s Tailwind might interact with it. Otherwise, maybe Merola could hitch a ride with me while you do the wind stuff? She’d probably be a smoother ride for them. Or…”

They glance to Bibidi - wondering out loud ”Maybe one of the places we passed by could be a good place to hide? If Bibidi remembers them well enough, she could Teleport us there and we can lay low until the horde passes.”

Bibidi would give a mental confirmation to the trio with this – nodding gently. As long as it was a spot that she could picture in her head, then it was a viable destination.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,324 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 20:39:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"I would prefer not to be left doing my best impression of a Pyukumuku, yes." Damn. There went Isaac's burgeoning curiosity about El's plan. Still, it was fair. The poor guy'd already been thrown for a loop once, so he had the right to a veto.[break][break]

"I'm not going wind mode and leaving you behind," Isaac clarified with regards to the second plan. "We're in this together. And that means no running off til I know you're both safe." Green ripples flowed from Isaac's body, the beginnings of an aurora laced with courage. Merola gave it a curious glance, and yet in it found resolve.[break][break]

"Hiding may be a double edged sword," they continued. "The rasping of the horde, their claws scrabbling on stone and metal, the smell of their own blood wafting through the air . . . any sense draws them in, like moths to flame, and this makes the horde grow as it moves. If they do not wander off, we will be surrounded."[break][break]

"But if we made sure they were . . ." Maybe Isaac had spoken too soon. The gears in his head began to turn as he looked outside the window, already noting the horde mustering. Moment by moment, it grow larger, louder, hungrier. He looked down at himself, then down at the soda can in his hand.[break][break]

"Warp us where you gotta, El. I got an idea."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 22:20:54 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
As Isaac expressed his every intent to stick together, El would point out ”Akero’s a race pokemon; he might not have the highest maintained speed, but Tailwind and Extreme Speed help make up for it.” Though they aren’t sure if she could match Isaac’s top speeds, especially if he was affected by her Tailwind, she was still fast - which was what likely mattered most here.

But all in all, it appeared that Isaac had a plan – and as he spoke, El briefly followed his gaze… Before nodding, letting out a soft exhale. They had a distinct feeling that shenanigans were about to occur – but they trusted in Isaac.

And thus, El glances back to their Alakazam. ”I trust your judgement, Bibidi.” They speak – to which she nods.

It takes a few seconds for her to decide upon a location – but once she settles on something, she reaches out to the trio, drawing them in close. Psychic energy envelops them as she focuses, pictures the entrance of one of the buildings they had passed by in her mind’s eye, preparing a Teleport--

. . .

-- And in a flash, the group would find themselves at that very doorstep. El takes the teleportation in stride, being more than used to having Bibidi teleport to help them get around.

At a glance from the outside, it’s hard to tell what this place once was. But as Bibidi is quick to usher the group inside before they’re seen, it is quickly revealed to be some sort of old bookstore or library… Or at least, the Megalopolan equivalent to it, perhaps? Bookcases in varying states of disrepair – many of which have been tipped over and perhaps once used as barricades – can be found within the large building, including what looks to have once been a lounge in one of the far corners.

Of one of the shelves that are still intact, books of some form rest atop it – clearly ordered in some form of alphabetical, if the symbols on the ‘spines’ are of any indication. But as El pulls one out to look at it, it’s clear that these books are closer to electronic tablets of some kind. Like those made for reading ebooks.

With the curtains drawn though, and with there being other rooms and floors to this building, it seems like a solid place to find a spot to hide and hunker down for awhile. Especially as Bibidi carefully uses her Telekinesis to set a bookshelf down before the door, discouraging any stragglers from wandering in.

Which then leads to the next step – which, El glances to Isaac and whispers ”What’s your plan?”

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,324 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 3:38:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Oh, it's not you I doubt. It's our new friend's constitution. Something tells me just the thought of an Extremespeed's making the poor guy's skin crawl." The paler tone to his icy blue skin made it clear that Isaac had hit onto something. "Don't sweat it, buddy. Not your fault you ended up being rescued by a couple of nutjobs."[break][break]

"At least you recognize it." Was that a slight touch of fondness to Merola's voice? Aww, look! They were bonding![break][break]

Bibidi's judgment was a very sound one. With all of the shelves and furniture on demand, few buildings were more defensible. There were plenty of windows, which were equal points weak spots and valuable lookouts. In the event that the horde took its sweet time getting here, they could also try their damndest to read all of these tablets in a tone they didn't understand.[break][break]

Merola didn't even hesitate to do the same. There was a s strange, heart-like symbol on the ridge of the tablet, and if his blue face was pale before now there was a slight flush to it. "I will be looking into essential information for our escape," he said, perhaps a little too quickly. "Do not interrupt me unless they are clawing at the doors."[break][break]

"No worries, buddy. We got this." Isaac turned to El, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I know if I don't tell you my plan, you're gonna worry. And if I do tell you my plan, you're gonna try and stop me." A mischievous grin spread across his face, and he took a quick, shuffling step away from El. With each step, the winds started to swirl around his body. "Good thing I'm the wind!"[break][break]

One step, two step, three. On that last kickoff, Isaac's body unraveled into winds. The gusts blew around the room, a few wayward books and vases being caught in his wake. "I'm gonna put that fastest thing alive cred to the test, and see if I can get the horde peeled off you guys. You guys hold the line while I thin 'em out, and once it's looking like you've got a clean shot, meet me at the portal."[break][break]

"I don't got a doubt in my mind you can do this, El. Make me proud, okay?" As ephemeral as they were, the winds wrapped around El in a soft, tender embrace. "I love ya, El." With that, the winds rushed past El, making their way out to the mean streets of the Lesser Megalopolis.[break][break]

Already, the shambling hordes were making their way to the library. They approached in great human waves, scratching and clawing at one another as they fought to see who could approach the library first. With how many there were, there was no way the library could hold out for long.[break][break]

That was why, as he drew to a halt, Isaac popped soda can out from his pocket. "You creeps want fresh meat? You got it," Isaac muttered to himself, crushing it beneath his fingers. Once there was a sharp enough corner on the metal, he ran it across his palm, fresh blood seeping out from the wound. There may have been more flesh inside of the library, but it wasn't offering itself up as freely as Isaac was.[break][break]

Immediately, rolling waves of zombies broke off from the horde. While the frontmost ranks still shambled on towards the library, the majority of the Megalopians about faced to follow their noses. Isaac's grin widened more and more with each line of Megalopians heading his way. "That's right. Come and get it, ya bastards!"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 0:02:39 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
It’s pretty clear that Bibidi is skeptical of just how ‘essential’ the tablet Merola takes is – the Alakazam giving a quiet judging look in his direction. ‘Is this really the time for that?’ Her gaze seems to ask – if you asked her, that seemed like something you saved for when you weren’t in immediate danger.

El, however, is more focused upon Isaac as he speaks – bringing a hand up to overlap the one he places on their shoulder. ”Of course I worry for you, Isaac.” They respond with a certain exasperated fondness – because half the plans that Isaac comes up with tend to come at his risk, or otherwise result in abject shenanigans. And the grin that shows on his face is certainly no comfort to this fact.

But before El can really stop Isaac, he is but the wind – a swirl that embraces them tenderly, whispering in the group’s ears. El’s expression twists into one of concern – knowing that Isaac was putting himself in danger once again. They wrap their free arm around themself, as if to try and return that embrace – but letting their hand drift down…

… They send out Akero. ”I love you too, Isaac. I’m not letting you go alone, though.” They finally respond – and glancing to their Togekiss... ”Follow the wind, Akero – help Isaac however you can!”

And with a whistle, Akero nodded, and was off – gliding upon the very winds that were Isaac. The angelic pokemon whistled high and excited in dancing upon the northern winds, twirling through the air. These winds felt like home, in a way she couldn’t quite articulate.

But as she saw the zombie horde, and Isaac’s plan to draw them away, she came to understand the situation. Thus, with a beat of her wings, a Tailwind whipped to life around the two - as if to further set the stage for a dance for their lives.

Meanwhile, there was the library, and the remaining zombies that converged upon it. From a glance stolen past a crack in the curtains, the horde still looked human, or at least, human enough to set El at ill ease. The shapes in their faces, their bodies… Even though they bore fangs and claws and the eyes of predators, they still felt human – like people. And yet, for all of their behavior, they were closer to something feral, a disorganized pack of wild and rabid beasts.

There was a disjointed uncanniness to it all – and El’s mind briefly warred between not wanting to direct their pokemon to hurt what – ultimately – felt like a group of unwell people, and having to defend oneself. Was it possible, for there to be any shred of their former selves, in those hollowed minds?

Yet, the answer soon came in a sympathetic negatory from Bibidi. She couldn’t see anything resembling a ‘self’ left in those minds – just a hunger, an absence, an unerring, mindless, animal drive. They were too far gone for her to try and call to them.

It didn’t wholly comfort El. But what was the alternative, when there were people relying on them to stay safe? With a reluctant and anxious exhale, they’d grab three pokeballs on their belt, to send out their remaining pokemon – Nibelsnarf, Baron, and Seltas. ”We need to hold the line,” They spoke to their pokemon – gesturing to the approaching horde. ”But… Please – just hold them off, if you can.”

Even if the horde wasn’t going to pay them that sort of care… To just outright kill them, to make that sort of call, felt like it’d be ash on El’s tongue. All they had to do was hold them off until an opening comes – and then they could leave the horde behind – right?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,324 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2023 14:30:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]It was with a fond sigh that the winds once known as Isaac relented. "Knew there was no stopping you," he admitted, the weary smile on his face audible. "But at least you're being smart about it. Wouldn't expect anything less from my little sib."[break][break]

They and Isaac may have been apart for a while, but now their familial bond was stronger than ever. Fuck watered down blood. Their true connection was one born of choice, which both wayward siblings embraced wholeheartedly. This was no goodbye before a suicide run. This was a see you later from two who would always have each other's backs, no matter the worry.[break][break]

Where his own winds died down to sustain his flesh and blood form, Akero's picked up the slack. Tailwinds now followed in their wake, allowing them to always remain that one precious step ahead of the ravening hordes. As he did, Isaac waved his hand, allowing the smell of fresh meat to waft along the winds.[break][break]

Once they were peeled a safe distance away, it was time for the hard part. The horde had been split in two, and further efforts to peel layers off would leave him surrounded. Even with Akero's Tailwinds, he would end up torn to shreds if he tried pulling that stunt in foot. However, as the wind, the Megalopians would never pay him notice. What was he supposed to do?[break][break]

Perhaps the answer lied in the discarded metal and debris that lined the streets.[break][break]

Healing waters spread along one palm. It was just enough to sop up his blood when he pressed it to the other, leaving a murky red orb swirling in his hand. He splashed the ball against the debris, then called back the water before it could wash the blood away entirely. Far as he could tell, it still smelled fresh enough. Once done, he launched himself forward, sucking the bloodied debris into his slipstream.[break][break]

The smell of blood wafted out from the winds, carried along by both Akero's Tailwind and his own northern winds. In addition, the debris crashing and clattering against itself kicked up a hell of a racket. A large chunk of the Megalopians otherwise focused on the library turned, their attention gotten from the racket and their interest gotten from the promise of a new meal.[break][break]

Just to be safe, Isaac bobbed, weaved, and darted from side to side. The last thing he wanted was to somehow be caught by the withered hands that futilely clawed after his incorporeal form. Feeling them pass through him was indescribably sickening, yet he forced himself to stay the course. If he held out for but moments longer, he could end this danse macabre.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 5:14:35 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Outside of the library, just at its front doors and windows, was combat. Not a conventional fight to say the least, but there was a fight all the same. Though the horde of zombie-megalopolans had shrunk, there was still a horde all the same - a swarm that El and their pokemon had to contend with. At a glance, one might feel outnumbered and overwhelmed...

... But when Baron places a hand on El's shoulder before his advance into combat, they feel almost safe in the care of their pokemon, despite it all. They know that their pokemon will be there for them, and will try their best.

With a bellow, Nibelsnarf Dragon Rushes into the fray. Much like El requested, the draconic beast did not aim to directly attack the megalopolans, but would instead push them back - tossing them aside when they tried to claw at his plated face and scaled hide fruitlessly. He sweeps his long body about, knocking zombies down.

All the while, Seltas darted about - Double Team providing clones with which to distract the zombies, zipping and zagging unpredictably. Though the zombies moved faster than one might expect of the moniker, a Ninjask was even faster - and she was more than plenty smug in her ability to avoid those swiping claws.

Then came Bibidi - who, perhaps, had the strongest tools in one's kit to hold the horde back. Her Psychic and Telekinesis abilities were powerful and well honed, pushing back the zombies as they approached with pure force that they could do naught about, for as much as they shrieked and screamed in response.

And finally, Baron. Though he readily used Double Team much like Seltas did, his approach was more direct - his long glaive sweeping out to knock back those that drew near. With his Future Sight, he was able to anticipate any breaks in the line they maintained before it could happen - allowing for him to fill the gaps where needed.

All in all, El's pokemon were able to function as a well-oiled machine in this situation - the fact that there were two psychic-inclined pokemon to coordinate them helping greatly.

And Isaac playing distraction was a further balm, ensuring that they didn't have to hold for long. The clanging metal that danced in the air - from here - almost looked like stars, for the way it caught the barest and fleeting bits of light that still existed in this dark domain. It certainly worked to draw away a large portion of the remaining horde, too, leaving only a handful of stragglers that the group could push back with ease.

Which, with this, meant it was time to go - Baron picking El up as if they were a princess. Bibidi meanwhile was quick to Teleport to where Merola was - impressing that very thought upon his mind as she retrieved him. Returning Nibelsnarf and Seltas to their balls, the group would beat a hasty retreat for the portal.

Akero, seeing this from above, would whistle to Isaac in signal.
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,324 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2023 15:10:46 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]It was time to go.[break][break]

Merola hadn't even needed to look up from their book to lend a hand. They'd lazily tossed a Pokeball over their shoulder, the Naganadel it released soaring across the library. Anything El's team distracted or pushed back, it was more than capable of blasting back into the stone age. When El gave the call, they whistled for it to return and watch the group from above.[break][break]

With Naganadel as the eye in the sky, El's team was perfectly equipped to break through the enemy lines. Isaac watched with a smile on his face, confident that his trust in his little sibling was perfectly placed.[break][break]

That just meant it was his turn.[break][break]

He raised his hand to the sky, mists swirling around his fingertips. Rather than coalesce into an orb of water as they usually did, this time they expanded outwards and upwards. Soon, they'd formed into a cloud, every bit as puffy and white as Akero's feathers.[break][break]

Speaking of Akero, as the cloud rose, Isaac looked up at them. "Mind giving me a boost, buddy?" he asked, inspiration shining in his eye. The more direct contact he had with a water source, the more easily he could manipulate it. In a high tension situation like this, every bit counted.[break][break]

If brought close enough, he would set his hand inside of his own cloud. Its surface, already turning a stormy black, would begin to gather an outward layer of frost. It was foreshadowing of what was to come; less rain and more a shower of icy needles, bearing down on the Megalopian zombies in a relentless tide. Those with the presence of mind to run were driven back. Those without it would be in for a painful surprise.[break][break]

With that last bit of assurance, it would finally be time to retreat.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 3:10:55 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
Akero was more than ready to lend a hand to Isaac - at the request for a boost, she would swoop down alongside him with a gentle whistle, giving him a chance to hop into her saddle. Once he was secure, it'd take only a light pull of the reins to get her to ascend - up towards the clouds that he had created.

And as the ice rained down, the Togekiss made a soft whistle of intrigue - and after a moments thought, would add her own touch to the mix - a Springtide Storm that would whip about, sending any zombie-megalopolans that do not heed the ice tumbling about!

With the horde fought back and thoroughly bamboozled though, El and co were able to put the zombies behind them. From here, it was just a mad retreat for the portal - El clinging close to Baron as he carried them along.

And Akero was not far behind - once Isaac was done with his cloud shenanigans, she would be quick to follow after her trainer - whistling a victorious little tune as she did. Huh - didn't that sound like something from one of El's older games...?
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,324 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 13:59:22 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Akero's victory whistle, while perhaps a little presumptive, was also correct. Zombies were not known for their agility and finesse. Even the runners were incapable of keeping up with El's team, flopping all over themselves as they desperately tried to keep pace.[break][break]

Bit by bit, moment by moment, what remained of the crowd started to thin out. Whatever zombies didn't fall apart from the strain they put on their own bodies were shot down by Merola's eye in the sky. The zombies that lagged behind were the lucky ones. Now so far removed from their quarry, they were content to amble around in search of new stimuli.[break][break]

As Akero landed them by the portal, Isaac gave her a scritch behind the crest feathers in gratitude. He hopped off, approaching El and pulling them into a quick hug. "Knew you'd do amazing out there," he said, himself amazed by how far he'd come from worrying over El in that distant cavern aeons ago.[break][break]

Why wouldn't he? El had proven themselves time and time again.[break][break]

Of course, that wouldn't stop Isaac from worrying here and there. He fussed over El some, checking them for any injuries. While outwardly they seemed fine, Isaac was no stranger to finding scratches, scrapes, and bruises he hadn't remembered taking in the heat of combat. Any of these would promptly get the Suicune Treatment, healing waters rolled along their surface.[break][break]

"You coming wi-"[break][break]

"No. I would like to remain in a lightless hell, surrounded by the mindless and decaying remnants of my people." A heavy pause. "That is a joke. I would like to join you."[break][break]

gXd31bT3

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2023 7:25:30 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
El and their pokemon could only truly relax, once they could no longer hear the distant hisses and scrabbling of their pursuers. Once they could no longer hear even the fleeting echoes of footsteps and shrieks. And it wasn't much further, before the portal would come into view - allowing for the group to relax further.

Safety, just a couple of steps away - they could get a break from this dreary and eerie dimension.

But of course, they would wait until Akero and Isaac had returned - the Togekiss cooing happily as she was given a gentle scritch. And once he was out of the saddle, she would take the time to preen Isaac's hair, as if to return the favor.

El is eager to return the hug offered, meanwhile - squeezing Isaac close. The praise had them melt that slightest bit, a giddy smile on their face at having been able to make Isaac proud... "You were amazing, too; that storm was pretty awesome." They would respond with a happy little half-laugh, smiling against the top of his head.

As Isaac's attentions shifted to that of the medic variety though, El was willing to cooperate for it, even if they weren't really in the line of fire all that much. If anything... "Little bit on the knee?" They'd request softly - while they definitely weren't hurting-hurting, they could feel the beginnings of an ache from all the moving and tumbling around they had to do.

The waters, all the while, were met with a relaxed exhale; though they definitely weren't one for cold baths, there was something about the healing waters that Isaac could make that felt nice.

But finally, there was Merola, who was interested in coming with. El smiled warmly in their direction, gesturing for them to follow. "Let's get out of here, then. I think I'm done living in a zombie game for a little bit, eheheh."

They were a bit interested in returning another time, though; they felt as though there was still lots to learn, out here...

eNokVUVg