TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
just made my list of things to do [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2023 18:09:47 GMT
avery jones Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","averynormal"]
[attr="class","body"]
Even in mid-October, the humidity is thick enough to drown a Meowth. Avery feels like a fucking sponge in her baggy sweatshirt and ballcap, fading blue hair curling errantly around her ears.
[break][break]
How quickly we forget simple things like the weather of the regions we grow up in. Blame it on her small brain. Core memories and shit keep getting shunted to the side to make up for newer, war crimier things.
[break][break]
She’ll be assed if she’s changing into something else because that would mean, like, effort.
[break][break]
Her knuckles crack with quick depresses of her thumb, and she stares listlessly into the middle ground. Her vanilla chai oat milk lattespresso languishes in watered down sugary doom. Speckled sunlight bounces off of skyscrapers and peppers the gray ground, early afternoon crowd scattering like flies on crap. Flies on dead bodies. Flies on sundered, reddened ground.
[break][break]
Her sister has pink goddamn hair. She should not be so hard to pick out in a crowd.

[break][break]

NOTES

- electric/steel
- hi

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".averynormal"]--accent:#86BBD8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
chaotic stupid, i'll get used to feeling useless
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 0:01:32 GMT
parker jones Avatar

don't come back, she wanted to say when she got the text. hoenn's new slogan is HOENN: HOTSPOT FOR CRAZIES. last she checked, the 'end of the world but we just shrug our shoulders 'cause it's just another day #hoenn' memes have not died down on her socials. and avery's are just filled with cute pics of yoinky sploinky. 

stay there, she wanted to say, and we can pretend it's better. did you see the dragon? were you almost killed? i've almost died like ten times. i'm seeing someone. my girlfriend's an avatar and i hate it, but i have a girlfriend and she really likes me, avery, she really, really likes me.

none of that. just a wtf okay bet. seeya soon, sis. missed ya. which is good. it's okay. 

her hood's up from sun shower sprinkles and she sees her first.

right. the corner of her lip curls up in an uncomfortable snarl, recognizing that look, feeling a heat all the way to her bones 'cause she wants to punch whatever the fuck has swiped the smile from avery's face. feeling frustrated 'cause of course it's not that simple. 

this is, though. 

"welcome back to paradise, sis," she says behind her, snarl morphing into a wolfish grin and arms stretched wide. 
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
and i saw god cry
in the reflection of my enemies
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
all of the mothers raise their babies to stay away from me
awards
36 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 16:37:02 GMT
avery jones Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
The flaw in your thinking, dear Parker, is that no one simply stays in Kanto. Hold on, let me get the meme.
[break][break]
Kanto holds on to you. Like a skeleton cage, ribs slowly cranking down in some version of a piercing garrotte, sinking ever deeper until bone hits bone and you become some wicked amalgam of calcified, putrid flesh. Then you simply stride back out unto the battlefield and do it all over again, to someone else.
[break][break]
Is Hoenn any better?
[break][break]
Can it be any worse?
[break][break]
She half-crushes her drink in one hand, startling hard enough to scrape the chair loudly on the concrete. “Augh, holy shit,” but she’s smiling as she tips her head back and smiles up at her sister.
[break][break]
“It’s hot. Has it always been this hot?” she asks, knowing full well it absolutely has. “Like the whole world has swamp ass.” Despite all the… everything, seeing Parker really is like coming home. A whole bunch of weight, not lifted, but definitely shifted. Repurposed. “Good to see you. You’re looking… alive. Which is apparently more than I can say for a lot of the region? From the news stories, at least."

[break][break]

NOTES

- electric/steel
- hi

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".averynormal b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".averynormal .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 21:41:54 GMT
parker jones Avatar

those arms spread wide go up, fingers lacing behind her neck, and she slouches into relaxation, chin tilted down to look amusedly in her sister's eyes. the bill of avery's hat casts a shadow over her eyes, purple as seamless as it's ever been against baby blue. 

"naw, i asked arceus to kick up the heat just for you." her summation of parker's current physicality isn't inaccurate, but still, low blow. there are bags under her eyes - they've been there since the newest wake of fuckery the universe has thrown at her. her knuckles are finally healing, at least, but that's nothing new.

"eh, kinda same old, same old, honestly. i'm still beatin' the shit outta the poor for money they don't have.

"turns out all the big boys just wanna pick on other big boys and i'm just a small little guy."
 she skirts around her and tosses herself into the seat adjacent. "sans the occasional bodyguarding job," she tacks on as she pushes her fingers into the grid-like holes of the metal table. 

"all in all, shit's fucked, but who cares? everywhere's got godsdamned metaphorical swamp ass at this point. anyway, i'm glad you're back. surprised, but glad. maisey missed ya."
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
and i saw god cry
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
36 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 18:54:09 GMT
avery jones Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
“‘Course you did. And of course you are.” It is refreshing to know that some things will never change.
[break][break]
A snort escapes her. “Yeah, right. You’re a lot of things but you have never been small or little. You came out fully formed. Built different.” She flexes a (puny, tiny) bicep for the meme.
[break][break]
“’m surprised too. I wasn’t gonna come back, but…” At least here, her demons know her name. “...well, plans change. So. Me and the Sploinkster decided to make a change, too. Did you want a coffee or some shit?”
[break][break]
It’s all very shallow funny ha-ha don’t look under the surface, Parker, don’t look, don’t look.

[break][break]

NOTES

- electric/steel
- hi

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 3:34:37 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ELECTRIKE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MINUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ODOR SLEUTH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HOWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BRONZOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEAL BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYWAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSION

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 1:01:48 GMT
parker jones Avatar

"you need protein. you need, like, maybe fifty eggs. fuckin' hell, aves, that's embarrassing," she says at her sister's weak-ass attempt at flexing. she raises her own arms and threatens the seams of her sleeves because she can and thinks, oh, i should try an' pop 'em in front of nomi. 

parker's good at not looking at most things. her perception and insight? -10. but again, with most things. with avery? that shit's got advantage and +50. 

but she doesn't want to talk about it. 

they don't talk about things like this. 

it's easier that way. 

"i won't complain. we can go out on jobs together again. give 'em the ol' one, two punch."

she startles. something rubs against her leg and she looks down to see a dirty mutt trying to paw at a half-eaten scone under their table. her jump also gives it a scare and it backpedals, lips curling up in a bit of a snarl as it eyes the food hungrily. 

parker nudges the scone over and watches it lap it up. it sits, tongue lolling, and eyes her expectantly. 

"coffee sounds great. y'wanna just grab somethin' from this place? here." she fishes a few bills out and hands them over to avery. "get us a lil treat for the pup too."

catching electrike
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
and i saw god cry
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
36 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 14:17:21 GMT
avery jones Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
The idea of eggs makes her pull a face and she sticks her tongue out. “Careful, you sneeze and those things’ll explode.”
[break][break]
She’s used to being the weaker sibling, all noodle-armed and sallow.
[break][break]
“You punch, I hide behind you and make insulting comments. Vicious mockery.” She waggles her fingers as though casting the cantrip.
[break][break]
When Parker jumps up, Avery jumps up. Half of it is following her sister’s lead, always. Being on the same wavelength. The other half of it is a bonedeep gunshyness, beaten into her marrow.
[break][break]
“Y-yeah,” she says, taking the money and exhaling at the same time, trying to cool the adrenaline in her veins. “Same old same old?”
[break][break]
There comes a squabbling of nails on concrete and Yoinkifur K. Sploinkifur herself comes wheeling around an alley corner, holding a Bronzor out in front of her like a shield. She skids to a stop at Avery’s feet and hoists the thing into the air proudly.
[break][break]
“Oh, gee, that’s nice,” Avery says, fishing a Pokeball out of her pocket (another beaten-in instinct) and opening the cafe door at the same time. “Want a muffin, Yoinks?”

[break][break]

NOTES

- electric/steel
- catch attempt bronzor

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 4:08:22 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TINKATUFF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOLD BREAKER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COVET
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAKE OUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PROBOPASS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STURDY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SPARK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BLOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGNET BOMB

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 1:34:44 GMT
parker jones Avatar

"if that happened, i would literally never stop talking about it," she says, completely serious. she's tried. of course she's fucking tried. buying smaller shirts always seemed like cheating, but even her most form-fitting have only ever bulged. impressively bulged, yes, but no sign of wear and tear.

truly depressing. 

avery startles and parker gives her the side-eye as they walk the short distance to the front of the coffee shop. her new bestest pal pades warily behind her. he had also startled at the noise and parker's, quite frankly, impressed he hadn't run off. 

"same old, same old. all sugar 'n cream." it's bad for her health, but so is their line of work, so who cares?

"sploinky is a monster," parker says with an itching grin, "and deserves a cinnamon muffin. i also deserve a cinnamon muffin. tip the barista too. she's cute." she stays out by the door, afraid the electrike will run off if she leaves and/or bite someone's ankles if she leads it inside.

skipping
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
and i saw god cry
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
36 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 20:16:29 GMT
avery jones Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
It’s reassuring to know that some things never change, like the fact that she and her sister have always had the same taste in coffee (or, rather, lack of coffee, excess of sugar and milk with just the barest hint of coffee flavoring. Like a La Croix coffee).
[break][break]
“She’s my monster,” Avery says, ruffling the fur on the bear’s head. “Two cinnamon muffins, coming right up.”
[break][break]
Another thing that will never, ever change: her sister being catastrophically lesbian. All comfortable patterns, like well worn-tire tracks, like knowing the way home on instinct so you can sleep through your drive.
[break][break]
Two frou-frou mochaccino things and cinnamon muffins later, Avery tips the barista well and brings her haul back to their table. She pulls out her chair to sit down and talk to her sister again when a pink head pops up over the other side of the thing, startling her. “Fuckinghellwhatisthatagremlin?” she snaps, recoiling.
[break][break]
The Tinkatuff frowns, an amalgamation of steel dragging long behind her.
[break][break]
“Oh, it’s a Pokemon. Sheesh. Never seen one like it before.”
[break][break]
She zaps it, sitting down for real this time.
[break][break]
“I heard Hoenn was overrun with weird shit again but. It’s really true, huh?”

[break][break]

NOTES

- electric/steel
- catch attempt tinkatuff

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 6:36:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EELEKTRIK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ZAP CANNON
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GASTRO ACID
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACID

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PIKACHU APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STATIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PLAY NICE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER SHOCK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE TINKATUFF!

close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 0:14:35 GMT
parker jones Avatar

parker kicks up outside of the shop. the elektrike, all things considered, has palled right up to parker. it sits, tongue lolling outside its mouth, and parker wonders if maybe all dogs are just, like, chill as fuck. or maybe she's a dog whisperer. 

some bitch and her laptop try to take their seat while parker stretches so she's forced to cross back to their table and sit down. she goes back to sticking her fingers through the holes in the metal and she gets a little bit lost thinking of all the things she's very much been trying not to think about for a bit. 

she gets a very strong urge to go work out. 

coffee should help and she's all sunshine smiles when avery walks back out and plops them down. hell, she doesn't even startle when the tinkatuff scares avery shitless; she's too busy eating half the muffin in one bite. 

"mmmffph," she agrees and swallows. pinches off part of the muffin to give to the mutt. 

"yeah, my girlfriend went full crazy nova insane the other day." a pause, a suckling of her own finger. "not like millie lighting her own shit on fire outside my door crazy. nomes like, ppphhhbbbt, she made these crystals an' shit and her eyes went all white like her creepy eyeball fucks and we saw, uh, unimportant, but fuck, anyway, you should meet her.

"she's really hot."

skipping
close tab

played by

ceej

she/her
may 13
mauville
sometimes vertical
couch surfer
grunt
and i saw god cry
5'5" / 165 cm height
5'5" / 165 cm height
awards
36 posts
avery jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @avery
avery jones
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 11:58:17 GMT
avery jones Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]
Parker doesn’t freak out at the presence of the tiny, pink gremlin. Parker doesn’t freak out about much-- externally, at least. Avery knows, a bit, that all the punching and tough-girl exterior covers some pretty big wounds.
[break][break]
But at least she has a coping mechanism.
[break][break]
Sploinks toddles off again. Avery leans one elbow on the table and listens to Parker soliloquy about her girlfriend, smile alternating between bemused and slightly freaked out.
[break][break]
Speaking of monsters.
[break][break]
“....wow,” she says, eventually, leaning back. “She sounds, um. I don’t know if ‘hot’ is the word I would use, but. She definitely sounds interesting.”
[break][break]
Sploinky tugs at her shirt hem and when Avery looks down, there she is standing next to a a Pikachu. It raises it’s arms up and asks, pika pi?
[break][break]
“Was there a point to all the white-eyeballness or was that just a fun perk?” she asks, zapping the little yellow Pokemon with a Pokeball.

[break][break]

NOTES

- electric/steel
- catch attempt pikachu

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

crow

six
she/her
twenty-five
march 21
mauville
gay
debt collector
grunt
awards
474 posts
parker jones DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @parker
parker jones
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 19:49:46 GMT
parker jones Avatar

it might honestly be the worst rundown or prior introduction to a girlfriend parker could have given. well, actually no, she's told avery a couple dozen other meet-cutes that have made avery look at her like she'd just sprouted another eyeball in the middle of her head.

"oh, trust me, when you see her you'll get it. she's not all white eyeballs and freaky shit all the time, but damn if she doesn't like to talk about it."

parker knows a lot about all the cool sciencey tomfuckery happening in the region by proxy of nomi and it fucking sucks, actually! like, before, she usually just kept her head low and looked at an invasion event like 'oh, just another tuesday,' but now it's all about the ramifications of this and what if our alternate timeline selves come and take our place hypotheses that. 

life was a lot less exciting before meeting nomi. 

life was also really fucking gray before meeting her too.

"she has the whole alphabet soup of unown. she says they love her or something. or, she loves them and they're, like, not robots or unfeeling sentinels. but aside from that, she loves science and used to own her own brewery and maisey adores her, and anyway, once you settle in it's date time 'cause you're gonna love her.

"and she's gonna love you."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights