Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
oh, only silence can repair... my sense of self i lost somewhere.
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
the missing links [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 19:39:32 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"This is so, so stupid."

[break][break]Riley wasn't entirely certain how he kept getting into this sort of trouble. Was his luck really that bad? He'd hoped that Hoenn would be a new leaf and now, well... he was walking through a shady part of town, basically asking to get mugged. But he'd do anything for his family, and Espeon was his family. Probably the closest thing he had to it, actually.

[break][break]The past day had been a bit of a blur. He'd woken up in the early morning, having already slept rather poorly, to the sound of loud, panicked barking. Somehow, in the middle of the night, his Espeon had completely disappeared. When Umbreon had realized that his partner had disappeared, he'd basically lost it, letting out a series of panicked whines and howls. It was so unlike Espeon to leave without notice like this—though occasionally a bit neurotic, Espeon was usually a calming presence to Umbreon's high emotions.

[break][break]It just didn't make sense.

[break][break]Riley and Umbreon had spent the day searching Slateport, to no avail. As the two of them searched, Umbreon's anxiety and distress began to build, until the poor dark-type was basically beside himself with worry. And to be honest, Riley was right there with him. Especially as they began to hear... rumours. Whisperings of children and pokémon alike being taken in the middle of the night, leaving no trace behind them.

[break][break]Which is how they ended up here. Walking down a street in Slateport's outskirts during the dead of night, a prime target to get jumped and mugged. Or like, murdered. But when Riley had asked people about the disappearances, most had pointed him in this direction as a suspicious part of town. So... they pushed forward. Hopefully, they'd find Espeon safe and sound.

[break][break]"Don't worry, buddy," Riley murmured to the anxious Umbreon, who padded two paces in front of him, his fur spiked in anxiety. "We'll find him. I promise."

[break][break]

+ MISSION: Pied Pipers [DD]

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F8DE7E;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
the missing links [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 18:21:01 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg8"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

The night had started off pretty normal, with him being unable to sleep. To be honest, he was purposefully avoiding sleep. He hated sleeping and avoided it whenever he could, as it was better than facing the nightmares that plagued him whenever he did sleep.
[break][break]
Usually, he wouldn’t leave at night, but he had realized he was out of coffee and had decided to get some at a cafe that was open all day and night. That would tide him over until he could get more coffee beans in the morning, and that way he could prevent himself from falling asleep by accident.
[break][break]
Thinking back, he feels he should have just stayed inside. He blamed straying from his routine for Rook’s disappearance, as silly as that was. Though to be fair, the Corviknight would have safely been talked into his pokeball if he hadn’t ventured outside at night. He hated putting the bird Pokémon in a pokeball, but his house wasn’t big enough for him to be out. So basically, the only time he could let Rook out was if they were outside.
[break][break]
And that was when he had last seen Rook. He had left him for a few minutes to get the coffee he desired and had come back out to find him gone. Now, Rook wasn’t the type to just take off, and he wasn’t gone long enough for a person to be the cause behind his disappearance. So that only left the presence behind the rumors he had been hearing.
[break][break]
As someone who was training to be a ranger, he had more details on the situation than most people. So he had already been tipped off about where people had noticed some suspicious activity. And that was how he found himself where he was now, wandering the outskirts of Slatesport.
[break][break]
Celestia was with him. While he had known Volt longer than most of his other Pokémon, with Rook being the exception, he needed a different kind of comfort. Like Rook, Celestia had ties to Galar; she was the Galar form of Rapidash, so having her close made him feel close with Rook when he wasn’t around.
[break][break]
Even so, he wanted to find Rook. Rook was the one he had the closest bond with. He had been with him through so much. He just couldn’t lose the Corviknight. He just had to find him.
[break][break]
Celestia suddenly halted, making him realize that she had heard something he hadn’t. Though with her hearing being sharper, that wasn’t too surprising. Though considering she wasn’t acting negatively, it meant that whatever it was wasn’t bad. Probably not a wild Pokémon then. A person, maybe.
[break][break]
When he realized Celestia was content just to stay there until the person stumbled across them, he sighed. “Who’s there?” he called out.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

scrim

Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
the missing links [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 20:58:42 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

A sudden shout in the night caused Riley to freeze.

[break]Umbreon stopped too, looking up to his trainer with narrowed eyes. The voice sounded intense, but not outright hostile. "Hello?" Riley called out, his voice calm but wary. Moving a little quicker, he rounded the corner and found himself staring down another man, accompanied by a galarian rapidash. The man looked to be about his age, well-built and standing a bit taller than him. Riley gave him a quick nod, raising a hand to show that he was both unarmed and meant no harm. Beside him, Umbreon affixed him with narrowed eyes, but did not seem outright hostile.

[break]"Sorry," Riley said, his voice gruff. He wasn't outright posturing, but he still didn't know the intentions of this guy, and he didn't want to appear weak in case he saw him as some kind of mark. "I'm looking for an Espeon. Have you seen him?" It was a long shot, but Riley was getting a bit desperate at this point. At the mention of his partner, Umbreon's eyes softened. "He disappeared sometime this morning. I think it has something to do with the recent disappearances."

[break]As they talked, Umbreon's ears twitched, and he stared off into the distance. Was he hearing something? Umbreon stood up and took off, causing Riley to stare down at him in shock. "Wait! Umbreon!" He shouted, taking off after his pokémon. Had Umbreon somehow picked up on Espeon's trail? He couldn't afford to neglect the possibility.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
the missing links [DD]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 16:11:00 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Whoever it was called out before finally making their presence known. Though a bit irritated that his question hadn't really been answered, he didn't show it. His expression gave nothing away. Despite the fact that he had called the person out, he remained tense, not loosening his guard a bit.
[break][break]
It seemed the other male was just as guarded as he was. In fact, the only one who seemed unbothered was Celestia. Even the Umbreon at the older male's side seemed guarded, which was a bit surprising to him. Not because he thought Pokémon couldn't be, but because he had always thought Umbreon to be pretty reserved.
[break][break]
Upon hearing his question, he would look away from the Umbreon and look the other guy in the eye. "No, I'm actually out here looking for my own Pokémon. A Corviknight. He disappeared a few hours ago when I stopped by a coffee shop to get some coffee. I wasn't in there long enough for a person to have taken him, so I'm thinking another Pokémon was responsible."
[break][break]
Of course, as a ranger in training, he knew all about Pokémon disappearing, all disappearing when they were asleep. Which meant Rook must have dozed off while waiting for him. He had known all this and still hadn't taken the proper precautions. It was his fault Rook had been taken, but he wasn't about to let it stay that way.
[break][break]
As he was trying to stay aware of his surroundings, he noticed the way Umbreon acted from his peripheral vision, like she had heard something. Before he could remark on it, the Umbreon suddenly took off, the older male taking off after him, probably to prevent losing another Pokémon.
[break][break]
He stared after them for a few seconds before turning his attention to Celestia and noticed she seemed pretty alert. "You hear something too, don't you?" he asked quietly before swinging himself onto the Pokémon's back. "Well, let's go after them then."
[break][break]
Not needing to be told twice, Celestia took off after the pair with her trainer on her back.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg8]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/g0QJYTHP/IMG-1757.gif);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg8 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

scrim

Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
the missing links [DD]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 8:15:22 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Huh. Someone else in a similar boat.[break][break]

Riley nodded slowly as the other man explained that he too was looking for a missing pokémon. Specifically, his corviknight, which had disappeared a few hours prior when the man had gone into a coffee shop. He had a theory: that another pokémon was responsible, not a person.[break][break]

"Another pokémon, huh?" Riley muttered, scratching his chin. It was as good an idea as any, but Riley had no way to support or disprove the theory. He'd never heard of a pokémon who could steal away other pokémon so easily, but that didn't mean they didn't exist. "Well. My name is Riley. If we're both looking for the same culprit, then maybe we should work together to—"[break][break]

Before he could finish, Riley's umbreon had alerted to something in the distance, and taken off without warning. Fixated on the possibility of finding Espeon, Riley took off after him, the other man temporarily forgotten. He followed Umbreon down the street for a few blocks, only for the dark-type to take a sharp left, leading them down a decrepit-looking alley.

Soon, the two of them found themselves outside what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse of some kind. Umbreon sniffed at the bottom of the sealed door, seemingly convinced that he'd found the correct place. But now... how did they get inside? Just then, Riley heard the sound of galloping, and turned to see the stranger had followed behind them.[break][break]

"Good, you came," Riley said, nodding to the warehouse. "I think this is the place... but we aren't sure how to get inside. Any ideas?"

[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
the missing links [DD]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 15:43:48 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He was sure there were many people in the same boat as them. There was a lot of conversation about missing Pokémon and kids going around, but luckily neither of them had children. Then again, most people saw their Pokémon as their own children. While he did see his Pokémon as family, he didn't think he would go that far. If anything, he would be the kid in the situation, and his Pokémon would be the parents.
[break][break]
Thoughts of Pokémon and people being each other's family faded away as the older male and his Pokémon took off. It took a little longer than necessary for him to regain his composure to follow after them on Celestia. Catching up didn't take long, and soon he was coming upon them in front of an abandoned warehouse.
[break][break]
Without giving the Galarian Rapidash time to come to a complete halt, he jumped off. Considering he didn't stumble doing that, it probably wasn't his first time pulling such a stunt. Upon hearing the older male's question, he pondered just what they could do.
[break][break]
"Don't even think about it," he said before turning towards Celestia, who had been gearing up for an attack on the door. "You're more likely to bring the whole building down with an attack," he scolded, his gaze stern.
[break][break]
Once he was sure Celestia wouldn't go for an attack, he turned towards Riley. "Sorry about that..." he trailed off before continuing. "It's possible the warehouse has windows. They'll be open since warehouses don't keep windowpanes on their windows. The only problem with that is the window would be too high up to just crawl through. One would need a flying-type Pokémon to get inside, which I don't suppose you have."[break]