played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
i have a dream where you and i have the same dream!
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 1:04:14 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]
[attr="class","leftbody"]
[attr="class","textbody"]

[attr="class","cp cp-blossom"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"wow, what a nice day!" momo cooed as she stretched, eyes turned skyward. it had been sunny earlier, but now some big fluffy clouds were coming into view, carried by a cool breeze! it felt like paradise on earth, heaven on hoenn! [break][break]

making this the perfect chance to go out and look for new pokemon! "why don't we all head in that direction and—silque? where are you going?" as momo was about to lead the charge, her sylveon went dashing towards one of the clearings up ahead. she glanced at her other pokemon, recalling them to their respective poke balls before chasing after the eevolution. [break][break]

"silque, wait up!" she followed sylveon, bounding after the intertwining pokemon with a look of concern on her face. this certainly wasn't how she expected this outing to go, and silque wasn't the type of pokemon to act rashly. [break][break]

when they reached the clearing, momo could see why sylveon had been so eager to get here. wild pokemon were teeming, there'd be plenty of chances to catch some new friends here! but more than that, there seemed to be friends of similar souls nearby. momo spotted an espeon and an umbreon in the distance, the likes of which her own sylveon had been drawn to. [break][break]

the sylveon approached the other two eevolutions, eager to say hello. momo felt a sense of relief that silque hadn't been running around for nothing, and slowly approached the pokemon. "hey there, i'm momo!" she introduced to the espeon and umbreon. were they wild pokemon or someone else's? they certainly seemed to be sticking together, at the very least, and were now on high alert at the presence of a new human. [break][break]

"that's my sylveon, her name is silque! she must have sensed you two were nearby and was excited to meet you, hehe." she leaned down close a little closer, and pulled out some berries from her bag. "want a snack? i've got plenty!" she offered it to all three eevolutions, laughing happily when silque gently nudged the other two into taking momo's offerings. so cute! [break][break]

she hadn't yet noticed that their trainer was just nearby, though... [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","title"]tldr;

[attr="class","notes"]
+ duo wild! rock, fairy, & dragon! [break]

[attr="class","credits"]
[attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".topaz"] --accent:#F08EB2; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody i"]color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Poppins|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

scrim

Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
oh, only silence can repair... my sense of self i lost somewhere.
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 3:21:06 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Click, click.

[break]Riley lowered his camera, admiring the view. Route 115 was quite a beautiful place, with so much greenery tucked away, and with a beautiful ocean view. He still couldn't get used to all that water. Clouds drifted out over the horizon, blotting out what had been a previously-sunny day. He didn't mind, though—in fact, he couldn't stand too much sun.

[break]In the distance, Riley's Espeon and Umbreon were lounging about, ostensibly protecting him from any wild pokémon while he took his pictures. The two were curled up together, grooming each others' fur. But it wasn't long before Espeon brought his head up, staring into the distance. Moments later, a Sylveon came bounding into view. Umbreon jumped up immediately, alert, while Espeon slowly pulled himself to his feet and gave a nod to the eeveelution and her trainer as they approached.

[break]The latter stuck his nose out in greeting as Silque approached, while Umbreon stared at the two of them warily. As Momo offered a snack to the two of them, Umbreon approached and sniffed the berry, his eyes narrowing. Once he deemed it acceptable, he squinted and took a slow bite, before offering the rest to Espeon, who accepted eagerly. Happy with the treat, the two both relaxed a bit, enjoying the free snack for what it was.

[break]"Hey!"

[break]Riley stormed over, a dark look on his face. His heart pounded anxiously as he surveyed the scene—and then he forced himself to relax. It was just a trainer. Back home, he was so used to... well, it didn't matter. Slumping down a bit, he took a good look at Umbreon and Espeon, before giving the trainer a nod. "Sorry, I thought..." he sighed, shaking his head. "It doesn't matter what I thought."

[break]
He shoved his hands in his pockets, feeling awkward. "What, uh... brings you out here?" Ugh. Small talk.

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F8DE7E;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 3:45:12 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CRANIDOS APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCARY FACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CHIP AWAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD KLAWF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REGENERATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GUILLOTINE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROCK SMASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 7:13:42 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

the girl and all her endearment were taken by surprise, a sudden voice cutting sharply into the air, the sound of hurried footsteps coming towards her direction. [break][break]

she glanced up to see another trainer, a boy with dark hair and an indignant look in his eyes — the latter lessening as soon as his sights were on momo and her sylveon. she straightened herself out, one hand placed delicately over her chest while the other still clutched onto the berries. "oh, are these your pokemon? i'm sorry, i didn't mean to surprise you!" [break][break]

he cut himself off before he could finish that initial thought, but momo's thoughts finished the fragment for him. i guess it's fair to doubt me, i could've been a baddie! she offered a soft, sweet smile as an olive branch, gently motioning at the eevolutions as she said, "your friends are very nice! my sylveon likes them a lot!" [break][break]

but before she could answer his question, she noticed something in the distance, in the space past his limbs and shoulder, all the way in the tall grass behind them both. there were some rustic-looking pokemon, but among them, a single species stood out. a klawf, and by the looks of it, it was looking for a fight. as it began to frantically approach their group, momo glanced at sylveon and said, "silque! use your moonblast and take care of that klawf!" [break][break]

in a quick but elegant display, the intertwining pokemon sent out a beautiful sphere of glittering energy, which once sent out towards the klawf, knocked the ambush pokemon flat on its back. scared, the klawf retreated, and momo exhaled happily at a defense well done! she turned back to the other and relaxed a bit more, shoulders slumping and smile brightening. "sorry about that. i meant to say that i was here to catch pokemon and look at the sights! um, what about you?" as silque returned to her trainer, momo giggled, and added on, "oh, i don't know if you heard me earlier, but my name is momo! and this is silque! it's nice to meet you!" [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ skipping klawf! [break]

[attr="class","credits"]

[newclass=".topaz"] width:460px; margin:0px auto; min-height:200px; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz table"] border:none; border-collapse:collapse; background:#272727; border-radius:5px; box-shadow:1px 1px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody b"]color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody u"]color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:1px; text-decoration:underline dotted;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz td"] vertical-align:top; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .textbody"] font:12px 'Roboto'; padding:0px; text-align:justify; color:#eee; padding:50px 50px 0px; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .leftbody"] width:80px; margin-right:20px; min-height:500px; background-color:var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .cp"] color:#000; opacity:0.15; font-size:80px; position:absolute; right:10px; top:10px; z-index:-1; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc"] font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#eee; padding:0px 0px 20px; text-align:right; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); margin-top:20px; margin-left:50px; margin-right:50px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .title"] margin-top:-10px; transition:1s all; } .topaz:hover .ooc .title { margin-right:20px; transition:1s all;} .topaz .ooc .title span { background: var(--accent); padding: 2px 3px 2px; font: bold 11px 'Poppins'; font-style:italic; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; color: #f7f7f7; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .ooc .notes"] margin-top:5px; } .topaz .ooc span { font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom:2px; right:5px; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; transition-delay:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .credits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=".topaz .avatar"]float: left; height:75px; width:75px; margin: 1px 15px 1px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

scrim

Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 18:42:37 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

"No, it's fine," Riley replied, shaking his head with a sigh. "I shouldn't have snapped."

[break][break]The girl seemed to brush it off pretty quickly, which Riley was fairly grateful for. He knew that his temper wasn't... the best, but it was a work in progress. Instead, she commented on his two friends, calling them very nice. Riley smiled a little, looking down at Espeon and Umbreon. The latter was still eyeing Momo and Silque with the eyes of a trained watchdog, while the former had taken a moment to sniff the sylveon amicably.

[break]Just as Riley attempted to make some small talk, a disturbance interrupted their conversation, as a few pokémon decided to approach the two of them—first, a klawf, and then a cranidos straggling behind. The girl jumped into action almost immediately, commanding Silque to go ahead and Moonblast on the klawf. Riley supposed that meant the cranidos was left to him. "Umbreon," Riley muttered, looking to the dark-type. "Do your thing."

[break]Springing into action, Umbreon rushed towards the cranidos with narrowed eyes. The cranidos let out a small bleat of surprise at being met with aggression so quickly. Umbreon affixed it with a Mean Look, causing the fossil pokémon to freeze in place. "Alright, Umbreon," he called, crossing his arms. "Use Dark Pulse." With a battle cry, the eeveelution unleashed a wave of darkness from his glowing rings, striking the immobilized rock-type repeatedly.

[break]Riley expected the pokémon to wander off, having been beaten, but instead it stayed there, immobilized. What... exactly was the common practice among trainers when it came to wild pokémon? Maybe he should just...? Pulling an empty pokéball out from his jacket, he tossed it at the cranidos, watching it disappear in a blink of red light. Satisfied, Umbreon padded back towards him, settling down next to his partner.

[break]Looking back to the girl, he listened quietly as she answered his question: she was here to see the sights, while also capturing some pokémon. Riley looked to where the cranidos had been. He had... enjoyed that, somewhat. The girl introduced herself as Momo and her sylveon as Silque, returning his question. "I'm Riley," he replied, scratching the back of his neck. "Espeon, Umbreon, and I are new to Hoenn, so we were just taking in some of the sights, too. Grabbing some pictures." He gestured down at his camera, before shrugging.

[break]"Do... you mind if I join you for a little bit? That was pretty fun."

[break][break]

+ duo wild: rock, fairy, dragon
[break]+ attempting to catch cranidos

[break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 3:33:37 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TURTONATOR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SMOG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EXPLOSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHELL TRAP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TACKLE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD APPLETUN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] GLUTTONY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HEADBUTT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEECH SEED
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWTH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
CAUGHT THE CRANIDOS!
close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 5:20:40 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

riley, so that was his name! momo was afraid that he'd been angry with her, but was very grateful to see that wasn't the case. if anything, they seemed to be on the same wavelength for a moment, because if he hadn't offered that they go together, she would've brought up the idea, herself! "what a coincidence! i'm pretty new to hoenn, myself! we're kinda in the same boat, right? seeing all the sights and whatnot!" [break][break]

and catching a lot of pokemon, too. in momo's case, at least, she never battled people or caught pokemon as much as she had in recent days! it was fun and sometimes encounters like those brought people together, too, a little cherry on top of everything. kind of like the way it brought together riley and momo! she glanced at his camera just then, and said, "oh, wow, so you're a photographer? that's so neat! i bet you must have seen some really cool sights!" despite being a coordinator and often performing in front of a camera, herself, momo had no skill in taking photos beyond the occasional selfie and food pic. how cool! [break][break]

"and i'd love for you to join me! i bet we'll find all kinds of neat pokemon out here!" she thought of his display against that cranidos just now, and how easy they made it seem, like it was nothing at all. "plus you and your umbreon were really cool just now!" [break][break]

she knew that his pokemon were still adjusting to her and silque's presence, though, so momo stopped bothering the eevolutions for a bit, and started walking slowly in the next direction. there was an impressive grove of trees up ahead, with all sorts of fruits growing from their branches. the ocean was still in sight, and momo glanced out at the distant waters, muttering in awe. "whoa, it's so blue!" then she glanced back at the grove, where several pokemon weaved in and out between the trees. "looks like there's some pokemon over there! i'm gonna take a peek..." [break][break]

she moved as quietly as possible, silque the sylveon darting after her. she had a target in sights: a large and sweet-smelling appletun that had been resting beneath one of the trees. she nodded at silque, and the sylveon gracefully ran in the apple nectar pokemon's direction. once she got close enough, she placed a draining kiss on top of the apple's hump, glittering fairy energy swirling and weakening the appletun as a result. the dragon had fallen onto its haunches, tired and drained, giving momo the perfect chance to catch it in a spare poke ball. [break][break]

"yes!" she turned to riley, waving the poke ball in the air like a trophy. (silque copied her trainer's movements, waving its ribbon feelers in the air as a greeting to the umbreon-espeon duo, in turn.) "riley, i caught an appletun! i've always wanted one, hehe! what about you?"[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ catching appletun! [break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

scrim

Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 7:57:33 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

So they were both rather new to Hoenn, then? That made things a bit easier. Riley wasn't really the type to ask for help or anything like that, but there was something reassuring about the idea that he wasn't the only one learning to adjust to a new environment.

[break]Riley explained that he was just seeing the sights and grabbing some pictures, which seemed to catch Momo's interest. She noted that he must have seen some pretty cool sights, and Riley nodded in agreement, pointing just beyond the route they were on. "I've just come from Meteor Falls. It was pretty awesome, actually—I'm not much of a landscape photographer, but I had to get a few of the falls. They were magnificent." Though Riley still spoke in a somewhat disaffected tone, it was clear that he was quite passionate about his work.

[break]Riley followed Momo, clicking through some of his photos as they walked. They soon found themselves near a small fruit grove, just overlooking the waters. Route 115 was very pretty, all things considered—unlike the ash-covered Fallabor Town, it was basically nothing but green and blue for miles and miles. Momo's attention was quickly caught by an appletun—Riley had never seen one in real life. Nodding, he watched her approach, sending Silque after it. Within moments, the pokémon was caught!

[break]"Nice catch," said Riley, giving her a nod of approval. "You're pretty good at that. Are you a professional trainer?" Despite his cranidos capture earlier, Riley wasn't much of a battler. Espeon and Umbreon had basically trained themselves, honestly—he only really battled when he was in danger of some kind. Still, he couldn't deny that this was pretty fun so far.

[break]Speaking of which, Espeon and Umbreon both approached Silque. Espeon gave the sylveon a calm nod of approval, while Umbreon hopped up and down, eager for his chance to battle.

[break][break]

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,982 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 1:11:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLORGES APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLOWER VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SYNTHESIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PETAL DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SAFEGUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLOWER SHIELD

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DREDNAW APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHELL ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COUNTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROCK POLISH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE APPLETUN!

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 2:32:30 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

"meteor falls? whoa, i've never been!" she always wanted to, though. the postcards in gift shops always showed off such beautiful sights, so the actual location in question must have been twice as impressive. "was it super nice? hard to get to though, right?" sometimes she wished she was a ranger or a really experienced trainer, then she'd go to all these amazing places by herself. as she was now, though, momo was better off going with someone else, even if some of her pokemon were experienced battlers. [break][break]

speaking of which... "and thank you so much! to be honest, i've never really been into battling or catching pokemon until recently. a lot of it feels like beginner's luck, hehe!" it certainly helps that she has the most non-threatening aura ever, but that was an asides. "i am a coordinator though! so professional trainer isn't that far off!" if she could stand on her own two feet upon stage in front of thousands of people, then hunting for wild pokemon was a cinch in comparison. [break][break]

as momo spoke with riley, her sylveon brightened at the espeon's approval (and the umbreon's as well, if its show of enthusiasm for battle indicated anything like approval, but if not, silque was willing to be patient to try and be accepted by the espeon's companion, as well), happily chatting and taking her place beside her fellow eevolutions. [break][break]

then, after some time, the sound of other pokemon entering the grove became audible. momo turned her attention to an intruding florges and drednaw, both of them drawn to the fruits growing on the trees. and to think momo packed with her some pokemon lures and incenses, even a rage candy bar, when nature's natural candies were right here for the taking! [break][break]

"that florges is gorgeous, hehe! let's see if i'm still lucky!" she nodded at silque, who muttered quietly under her breath, bouncing into action at momo's behest. the sylveon engaged the florges, tossing up a light screen at first, then following up with a moonblast! as florges and sylveon went back in forth in a short but heated battle, momo took this opportunity to toss another poke ball at the florges in mid-fight, catching it off guard as it fell backward before being swallowed up by the capsule's light. [break][break]

she turned to riley with a smile on her face — poke ball returned to her by sylveon. "something like that, i guess!" [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ catching florges! [break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

scrim

Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 9:50:49 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Momo seemed pretty excited about his trip to Meteor Falls, which was enough to make Riley a little bashful. He shook his head. "Nah," he replied, waving his hand. "Nothing too tough. The hike was a bit steep, but the actual place was pretty quiet." That didn't mean it was absent of dangerous pokémon or anything, but the actual terrain wasn't too treacherous. Then again, maybe he and Momo had different ideas of what constituted as "tough".
[break][break]With that said, Riley couldn't help but be a bit impressed with her skills as a trainer. It was clear that she and Silque were a practiced pair, and Riley couldn't help but sate his curiosity a bit. As Momo finished her catch, he asked if she was a professional trainer, and to his surprise, she denied this. She actually hadn't been battling or catching for that long! She was a coordinator, though, so professional wasn't too far. "Coordinator, nice." Riley replied with a nod. Contests had never been his thing, but he respected the practice. "That explains all the pink. Only a coordinator would have such a clear sense of aesthetic," he joked, deadpan, as they walked along.
[break][break]It wasn't long before they found some more pokémon to test their skills on: a drednaw and a florges. Momo seemed fixated on the Florges, so Riley turned his attention to the drednaw. "Alright, Umbreon, your go." The umbreon leapt into battle, bouncing side to side in a fighting stance. "Start with—" So eager for battle, Umbreon leapt into action, unleashing a DARK PULSE upon the drednaw. The drednaw let out a low groan, and seemed to assess the situation... before turning and fleeing into the nearby water.
[break][break]Riley sighed, looking into his hand. "Umbreon, remember... that's why we start with MEAN LOOK, yeah? Granted, he hadn't expected the drednaw to just flee like that, but still. Umbreon looked a little bashful, plopping down into the grass with a huff. Espeon approached and sat down next to his partner, resting his tail on his back, and turned to watch Silque fight the Florges.
[break][break]Riley also turned his attention to the other battle, pulling his polaroid out of his bag. As Silque unleashed her MOONBLAST, Riley snapped a clean photo, which then printed out almost immediately. He smiled to himself—it turned out well! Silque looked both cute and strong in the photo, which Riley gathered was a plus when it came to contests.
[break][break]Approaching Momo and her freshly-caught Florges, he rolled his eyes. "How about sending some of that beginner's luck my way?" he joked again in that signature monotone. With that, he handed her the polaroid of her and Silque. "There you go. Pro bono. Thanks for being such a good subject."

[break][break]

[break]+ duo wild: passing on drednaw

[break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 1:19:32 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHINY DACHSBUN APPEARED! ✩

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] AROMA VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LAST RESORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WORK UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TAIL WHIP

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD ALTARIA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CLOUD NINE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SKY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SING

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
CAUGHT THE FLORGES!

close tab

played by

Kiri

She/Her
December 9th
Lavender Town, Kanto
Ace Bi
Coordinator
Civilian
awards
178 posts
Momo Sakai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @momo
Momo Sakai
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 22:29:42 GMT
Momo Sakai Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","topaz"]

[attr="class","avatar"]

his comments about her pinkness didn't go unnoticed, and despite the deadpan humor behind these words, momo laughed—goodnatured, as always—while swaying a bit. "hehe, thanks!" she was naturally blessed with such a cute and colorful appearance, but it took more than just natural looks to win contests. she hoped to keep rising in the contest world, even though she was admittedly a bit more slow to participate in the actual competitions these days. all she could really do was take it one step at a time, like everyone else! [break][break]

"wow, then maybe getting there won't be so tough, after all." she was definitely a city girl by all means, but momo grew up in a picturesque little town in kanto, so she also appreciated nature in all its glory. it'd be a big effort for her to bring everyone out in the wild, however. certainly a goal worth saving for, however! [break][break]

then riley's umbreon put on a powerful show, attacking the drednaw and warding it off in a single blow. momo thought it was kind of cute how gung-ho the umbreon was, even if it didn't leave a lot of room for the while drednaw to be captured. silque was equally as generous, and jumped up and down as if to say it's okay, i still thought you were pretty cool! [break][break]

momo was about to speak up, when riley had beat her to the punch, and gave her a polaroid of her and silque. her initial thoughts died on her tongue, every thought replaced by sheer gratitude for the sweet gesture, a beautiful shot of her and her pokemon in action, the colors vibrant and the angle inviting. momo slowly took the polaroid from riley, in complete and utter awe as stars and hearts practically danced around her just then! wow!! [break][break]

"oh, riley, thank you so much! this is a really great shot!" she'd treasure this forever, quite possibly. the thought that someone could find inspiration in her and her pokemon... it's all she ever wanted. and maybe it's a little more emotion than she should be showing right now, but she can't help it: unshed tears covered her eyes with a wet sheen, a proud smile glittering with all the determination and hope found in the palms of her hands—bright and unwavering. "i'll take really good care of this photo! it's so lovely!" [break][break]

suddenly, silque the sylveon called out to her trainer, drawing momo's attention with a high-pitched squeak. up ahead, some more pokemon were arriving in the grove. something large and soft roosted on top of one of the fruit trees, and momo had an idea. "hehe, let's catch one more pokemon today and call it even!" she gently put the polaroid away (it will definitely go into one of her journals later on, though), and brought out a spare poke ball, instead. then, with two hands, a squeak, and her eyes screwed shut, momo tossed the ball into the air, cheering when it made contact with whatever pokemon nested in the tree—cheering even louder when the catch was somehow successful despite that! silque did its usual routine of retrieving the poke ball for its owner, too. [break][break]

"wow, catching pokemon is so rewarding! but it's real hard work too!" she placed the new capture in her bag, instead pulling out a large pink food container filled with cut-up fruits. "i have some snacks and i brought a picnic blanket, too! let's take a break!" [break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","notes"]
+ catching altaria! [break]

[attr="class","credits"]

close tab

played by

scrim

Riles
he/they
twenty
december 22
the under
homosexual
student
civilian
awards
56 posts
riley maddox DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @riley
riley maddox
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 8:50:26 GMT
riley maddox Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

So. Riley and Umbreon's first attempt at a proper capture... didn't go so great. Umbreon got a bit ahead of himself, eager to unleash some pent up energy and aggression, and went for a DARK PULSE first, rather than a MEAN LOOK as Riley had planned. Unfortunately, this meant that the drednaw had ample time to flee back into the ocean, undefeated and uncaught. Umbreon was a little bashful about the whole deal, but perked up a bit with Silque and Espeon's support.[break][break]

Riley didn't particularly mind, though. Sure, it was unfortunate, but he wasn't particularly itching for a drednaw anyway. Besides, Momo had already launched into her own fight against one of the other pokémon, and he was more invested in that. Taking out his polaroid camera, he snapped a photo of her and Silque in action. Once they'd managed to capture the Florges, Riley approached and offered the polaroid to Momo pro bono, for "being such a good subject".[break][break]

Really, Riley had just hoped she might like it, but he wasn't expecting her to be so thrilled over it. The first thing Riley saw was the shine of her unshed tears—his stomach lurched, wondering if he'd managed to piss her off somehow—but then he realized that she was just... really, really happy, and apparently not one to hide her happiness. That was rare, back in Orre.[break][break]

"Hey, it's... it's no problem," he replied, a little awkwardly. He as going to tell her that it wasn't such a big deal, but decided against it. If she wanted to invest meaning into it, that was her prerogative. "I'm glad you like it."[break][break]

Moments later, Silque called out to them, apparently alerting to more pokémon. Umbreon hounded after her, and Riley followed. Umbreon made a dash for the small, dog-like pokémon, before hitting it with a MEAN LOOK. Espeon swooped in after him, unleashing a blast of PSYCHIC.[break][break]

The poor pokémon didn't know what hit it, and it crumpled almost immediately. Walking up, Riley tossed a pokéball in the direction of the dachsbun, before scratching his two pokémon behind the ears. "Good work, boys," Riley said, approaching the ball and snatching it up from the ground. They always worked better as a pair, anyway.[break][break]

Now. Don't judge him too harshly, but... truthfully, Riley didn't even realize that the dachsbun he'd just caught was special in any particular way. Pokémon were rare enough in Orre as it was, so the concept of a "shiny" pokémon wasn't something that Riley had even heard of. To him, he'd just caught a normal pokémon, same as any other.[break][break]

"I knew that beginner's luck had to pay off sometime," Riley joked, as he and the dogs walked back to Momo. It seemed she'd caught a pokémon of her own—an altaria. With that, it seemed like they were both ready to call it for the day in terms of catching, but Momo invited him to sit and have some food with her. Riley paused, uncertain.[break][break]

Eh, what the hell? They were basically friends at this point.[break][break]

"I've got some trail bars as well," Riley offered as he took a seat, digging into his bag. Once they'd gotten all set up, he reclined back with a sigh, finding some shade under a tree as he ate. Umbreon and Espeon cuddled up next to him, both piled up in a puddle to his left. Overall, it had been a pretty good afternoon. Better than he was expecting.[break][break]

"So, why contests, Momo?" Riley asked, once he'd gotten through most of his portion of food. "I mean, it's clearly something you care about, but... why?" Perhaps a bit blunt, but Riley wasn't really one to mince words. Besides, he couldn't help but be curious as to what she had to say.

[break][break]

[break]+ duo wild: capturing dachsbun

[break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
either way [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 17:52:26 GMT
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!