Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Ace Detective (HBIC Agent)
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
SEA: NIkita + Lash
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 2:53:52 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]With the last patrolman in the infirmary—the victim of a Gyro Ball to the chest—the League had asked for volunteers to watch the far beach. From it, a straight path to the camp was within reach. With his shoulder still in shambles, Nikita was ineligible for more active work. And doing nothing was a struggle.

The battlefield was a poor substitute for a good investigation. Though it provided a thrill, it did not allow much chance for thought or intensive research. It was shot or be shot on this island. But standing guard at the edge of this quiet shore allowed him to ponder and to think. With the seas appearing empty, there was little else to do besides indulge in a nonexistent anxiety.

Unbeknownst to any invader, the seemingly calm waters held a trap. Beneath the waves, a Lanturn swam. His name was Howard. Every pulse of his heart brought a new layer of electricity to the surface. The entire area was now a toaster-in-the-bathtub scenario.

[attr="class","samjerpoke"]

[attr="class","nikitatag"]

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
31 (appears way younger due to distortion)
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2023 21:48:11 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
On second thought, for once, maybe bringing a less imposing flier would have been the better call, really. Not that she could help it on short notice, of course. The only reason she was even trying to reach the island was because one of her Rocket contacts had spoken of some kind of strange energy being in play. And since the league was evidently not going to even let someone who looked like a child anywhere close, well, she was working for the R this time.

Well, working for. Sure, if she found anything of import she would sell it of course. If she found a cure for her condition, she would keep it to herself, obviously. But it was always better and easier to work for Rocket. No qualms, no red tape, no need to play nice with everyone. Just get it done. But at the same time, flying in on an Hydreigon was probably a bit too much on the nose. Lash did look behind herself. No trace of the Pidgeotto that had randomly attacked them already after shouting her a warning to keep away.

Phew. That was why they were flying at such breakneck speeds after –
She barely had time to brace herself as Hydreigon, flying somewhat low to the water, started to abruptly try to stop as the island suddenly appeared way closer than it should be, hoping for the best as that rushed entry threatened to become a crash landing, Rocket or League be damned. Not that either would likely help with that, either. The dark type was attempting a water landing for sure, but that would not be a clean one for certain. Still better than flying over the island without scouting it out first. They both had good enough sense to know that.

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for a SECOND that I am one of them.
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 17:29:08 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]From his sheltered perch, Nikita watched the dragon make its approach. Fortunately, it was a standard Hydreigon and not one of the steel monstrosities he’d earlier encountered. Taking out that beast had proven a challenge. In failing to do so, he also realized his own lack of flying Pokemon provided quite detrimental in situations like this.

Perhaps it was because his wife loved the freedom of the air that he had been so reluctant to take to it himself. A prickly method of self-defense, illogical and foolish, that had snuck its way insidiously into his thoughts. One that he would crush with logic and dismissive sneers. There was no need to complicate his revenant existence with things like nostalgia. Robin was Orthworm food. There was nothing to honor except a charred, burnt corpse in a Johtoan grave.

Nothing he had could give chase to this invader if it chose to ignore the gentle landing pad of the shore. Fortunately, it seemed a dragon could still fall into a figurative lobster trap.

As he prepared an alternative response, the Hydreigon splashed down into the kill zone with a geyser of water. The tickling on its skin was the only warning as the current and the water would combine to form a deadly trap. The dragon likely saw a flash of bright blue as the Lanturn beneath it unleashed a powerful Discharge.

At about that time, Nikita noticed the size of the rider. Was that a child? It was either that or someone afflicted with dwarfism. Which, when you considered percentages, was far more unlikely. Shit. "Howard!" He shouted into his mouthpiece.

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 16:25:47 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Phew. They managed to land, somehow. Did it even count as landing when it was on the sea? Lash didn’t know, Lash didn’t care, she was just glad that they came to a stop and let out a sigh of relief. And now they could – what was that glow? And why was the sea coming from the side now? Also, what was that numbness?

Lots of questions rushed through Lash’s mind as she, struck by residual discharge, started to slide off of Hydreigon sideways. Then, she hit the water’s surface, immediately drenching her and causing her to experience a brief gag reflex. Fortunately, one of Hydreigon’s heads had already recovered well enough to notice and dove into the water after all. Biting down on the collar of her shirt, it managed to pull her free of the water.

Resurfacing and feeling returning to her body, Lash immediately spurted out seawater, knocking on her chest to try and push out as much as she could before it could run down her windpipe. In the meantime, that one head tried to put her back up on the dragon’s back while the other two searched for the perpetrator in the water, while still threading it. Fortunately, it had not taken too much damage from that yet, so Hydreigon was trying to retaliate, ready to unleash an underwater Dragon Breath if they found any Pokemon nearby. Just in case said Pokemon were the perps.
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 22:06:01 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]As the dragon made contact with the sea, Howard did his best to vanish out of sight. With a powerful burst of his tail, the fish shifted to a small outcropping of rock. With a silent prayer, the timid fish tried to dim his telltale lght. But it didn’t exactly have an off button. Still, from this angle, it should be harder to see him.

From his perch, Nikita watched the scene with a thin-liipped frown. He was not a man driven by emotion. It would not be inaccurate to say heart beat in binary. Unfortunately, he was a father and still driven by the remnants of paternal instinct. Though the sight of a dragon made him doubt the innocence of this girl, he also had no intention of frying a child’s synapses. “Hold.” He ordered with apparent exasperation. Another discharge sputtered out, the fish clinging tightly to its craggy hiding spot.

“Anne.” An Intelleon appeared beside her trainer as her camouflage sputtered out. “Come with me, if you will.” Fingers extended in a threatening way, the man and his assassin approached. The latter caressed the butt of his firearm as if soothing it.

His feet came to rest among the gravel. "While against my better judgment, I have no intention of slaughtering a child." A pair of handcuffs appeared in his old, skeletal hands. "Come quietly, and I will not escalate."

Beneath them, the Lanturn began to charge its next attack.

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 15:14:18 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
Phew. Back in the saddle. Well, kind of. Either way, she was back on her dragon for now as she started to properly assess the situation. Hydreigon was evidently still trying to find its underwater foe, but to no avail for now. While it did monitor the situation, two heads started to fixate on some other newcomer came walking up on the shore.

Some kind of old weirdo. Ugh. Immediately on edge, Lash shook off the lingering effects of the shock and instead went into a more serious mode. Especially when that man drew nearer and had the gall to bring out handcuffs for some reason. Nevermind the fact that those evidently would not fit her wrists anyway, she immediately jumped up on Hydreigon, as if trying to get further away from him.

“What the?! So, you are behind what just happened? Just attacking someone without warning, then wanting to abduct them.” She immediately crossed her arms in a big X. “And that’s without going into how you are a creepy old man trying to do that to a young girl. That’s just wrong. No one should ever agree to that!” Granted, she wasn’t a little girl, not really. But he would not believe her age anyway. Hence, it was perfectly possible to play that card.
Well, aside from it being true, too. That guy definitely was a creep. “Besides, it is never against anyone’s better judgment not to slaughter a child. Anyone who even has to consider that is just scum!” Once again, she made an X. Then, noticing that he had another Pokemon out, she released her own Metagross. As the metal monstrosity appeared floating between them, Hydreigon tried to use that distraction to at least leave the water, seeing Lash having to balance on its back once more. At least she was used to that.

“Now you stand down, villain!”
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 13:11:37 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]The fear was not a reaction he expected. While he knew he was no longer a handsome young fox—merely a revenant who ran on caffeine and vengeance—it was not often people showed such revulsion. A fact made odder by the fact that he had not yet threatened the girl. The girl’s words made him blink. Once. Twice. “Pardon?” Thrice.

Beside him, his Pokemon seemed equally perplexed. The mute creature opened her mouth as if to comment on the ridiculousness of the situation, only to remember she could not comment on anything. And, even if she did, that these hairless monkeys would not understand her. As a Metagross took to the stage, he became more suspicious. From the grown Pokemon to her body language, there was something oddly not childlike about this girl. “I am not a pervert.” His teeth gritted—surprisingly upset about such an accusation. Since Robin’s passing, he had not so much as even looked at a woman. And Nikita had never looked at a child.

But any suspicions were shaken away. This was merely his discomfort talking. A duck was sometimes just a duck. And a strangely adult child was merely mature for his or her age.

So, until definitely proven otherwise, he would treat this child as, well, a child. “You have landed in a warzone.” He explained, a headache growing behind his eyes. He almost wished someone was shooting at him. “This sector of the island has been claimed by the League.” From his pocket, he procured an ID. This he flashed toward her, the League insignia visible from a distance. “It will be safer for you back at camp.”

No doubt someone would shoot at her if she took to the skies again, With a sigh, he tucked the handcuffs back into his pocket. "And slaughtering a child is always against my better judgment. But this situation is...suspicious." He really had never been good with children. Even his own were sometimes seen as awkward, alien creatures.

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 20:57:35 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“I mean, a pervert would say that, too,” she replied, slightly pouting. Though his body language did speak of genuine resentment at the accusation. Not exactly a full proof, but since he was tucking away the handcuffs as well and getting off of his high horse, Lash was willing to give an inch. Not like she had to get any closer to him if she did not want to, after all. At a distance, he was probably safe to handle.

For now. While she fashioned herself an adult still, being stuck in this body had taught her that those could be incredibly caught up in their own world. Especially when they were confronted with someone seemingly younger. It would probably pay to play herself off as younger, then. But she figured that being a phony would just make him even more suspicious. And it wasn’t like she could take the expression given so far back, anyway. “Anyway. I am not sure I’d feel safe with the guys that electrocute strangers on sight, ask questions later. I would no say no offense but, um, kind of intended.”
Another pout, this one more deliberate. At the very least, she did nod at the ID. Only to then dismiss that. “Also, um, I have no idea how an actual League ID looks so you could show me your online license for officiating weddings complete with print-out priest….slip on? I don’t even know what they are called. But yeah, I guess it’s nice that you are against slaughtering children. Did you see anything very strange on the island so far? Wormholes, massive legendary Pokemon, space-time distortions? I am kind of just interested in finding the latter.” It was probably best to just up and ask. He’d probably say no one way or another, but maybe she could gauge whether or not he knew that way.

- wormhole 3
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 14:15:16 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]Nikita sighed. In his years of detective work, he had been accused of many things. Many of them rolled off of him like water off a Ducklett’s back—for who cared about the barbs of a criminal? But this particular accusation needled him. Perhaps because he had a daughter once. “I suppose they would.” He admitted in wan, tired tones.

Another nod follows. “A relatively safe course of action, I assure you.” Now still, it was easy to pick out the man’s own injuries. A bandage peeking out the collar of his button-up shirt. Blood stains add ruddy tones to his navy top. A sling around his neck that he’d abandoned. “But war rarely allows for mercy.” Notably, Howard had not left the water. The Lanturn remained cowering in an underwater crevasse, red eyes peering anxiously at the Hydreigon. Nikita’s suspicions were still present.

Again, this ‘girl’ seemed to have her wits on her—a good thing in this environment. The ID vanished into his jacket. At the stammering, Nikita was quick to supply the proper name. “Stole.” No doubt, in her retirement home, his mother purred in satisfaction. The English teacher in her pleased. At the digging, the man paused. A salt and pepper brow rose. “A few legendaries, but the rest are conspicuously absent.” Perhaps a sign that this particular conflict was one of their own making. A hand rose for pause. “I would not advise investigating.” At this distance, the conflict resembled the dull rumble of a thunderstorm. “Perhaps return when this place is not an active warzone?
[/i]"[/b]

[/div]

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 22:18:59 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“War springs up in Hoenn every few months. Kind of seems like you guys are making that a regular event. Then again, probably best to think of it as skirmishes, rather than wars.” After all, a proper war was something else. Sure, from what she had looked onto from afar battles to the death were not exactly too uncommon. But given the kind of destructive power Pokemon had, especially those legendaries, that was all pretty tame.

Still though, she usually would stay far away from those events to begin with. That was why she was hesitant to become some card-carrying member of Rocket. An organization should ideally offer protection. But in a war that mostly went past most civilians, the opposite was likely true. “Still though, it’s not like there are big signs in the air telling anyone it’s a war zone. People just attack others assuming they already know, I guess.” She shrugged, not letting a chance pass her by the jab at him for that. Her skin still slightly tingled.
Though given his reply, she did briefly rub her chin. “But still, if the legends are absent, then that probably means this is actually just some war over treasure. That probably should not attract distortions much. Unless one has spilled the treasure here, but given how short-lived they are, that would mean it probably would be gone already.” Seemingly having lost track of him for a while, her eyes did return to the old man soon enough. “I better not have gotten shocked for nothing here!”

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 14:28:52 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]“Perhaps war is too hyperbolic. This is not Kanto, after all.” It was difficult to deny the child’s insightfulness—this war was more a series of skirmishes laced together into some patchwork beast. Not something too dissimilar to a Silvally, in fact. Still, the detective scoffed. “It is not my decision, I assure you.” If it had been him in charge, he felt a lot of investigations would have been concluded before a god took some deranged nutcase beneath their wings.

The older man let his eyes trail across the open water before them. While those on this new land were well aware of what they faced—the ammunition setting the very dirt beneath their feet rumbling—the same could not be said for civilians and wild Pokemon. How many Pokemon corpses littered this beach, the victim of simple paranoia? Drily, Nikita responded: “I will inform the marketing department.” But he doubted either side was willing to put up barricades—civilians were easily chalked up as collateral.

Listening to the young woman’s rambling, Nikita turned his eyes back out to the water. “You can come on shore if you like.” In a show of good faith, he slid his legs a few yards back. “I am curious why you are so interested in distortions.” Then, the detective paused. An almost hawklike expression came over him. “Looking for a cure for your wrinkles?” He avoided these things because he despised life enough without accidentally extending it.

“Regardless of what drives your suicidal tendencies, I would advise against it.” A lazy hand gestured behind him. “Between the Paradox Pokemon and hungry war criminals, you would be safer with a history book.” If he felt bad about the earlier shock, he did not voice his concerns.

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.nikita] width:400px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita b] color:#D59F3A; font-size: 10px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita i] color: #C1C1C1; [/newclass][newclass=.nikita u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 10px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.nikitatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #000; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -60px; width: 402px;  text-align: right; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samjerpoke] width:490px;height:40px background-position:center right; background-color:#D59F3A; text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png)[/newclass][/div]
close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 20:51:15 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“Well, safer from you at the very least,” she noted, slightly apprehensively. She did come to short though, joined by her Hydreigon, preferring to have solid ground for the time being. “Though I am not going to just take the suicidal part from you. After all, you are here too, even more willingly putting yourself in danger – and staying, even when injured.” She had not missed that part about him, after all. That guy certainly had seen some fighting today, that she believed. Yet, it still was not enough to dissuade her. It took a whole lot more to do that, after all.

But for now she entertained this. Mostly because this probably was a league position, given how entrenched they must have been for an injured man to run interference. Plus, he had come surprisingly close with his guess, as much of a jest as it might have been. “Look, judging by your whole dark and broody style, I figure that you know something about loss. I lost something very important in a distortion. You could almost say I lost a piece of me there. I could just hide away behind some books hoping that it somehow comes back to me on its own, yes. But….I could not face the real me in the mirror if I did not try. Trust me, I will turn tail the moment I think things get too dangerous. But I can’t just not try. You seem like the kind of person that can understand at least that much.”

close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2023 2:32:34 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]The detective did not reply to the jab—the young woman had a point. Though he would not say she was safe. Bullets did not care whether or not you were on shore. Her astuteness allowed her to point out his hypocrisy. Something punctuated by the messy line of stitches in his sides and the sling around his arm.

She was not wrong, however. Nikita did not care if he lived or died; not as long as he took Rockets out with him. “I am an adult.” He paused for a moment, his eyes dropping fondly to the hound at his side. “My brain is developed enough to understand the consequences of my actions.”

“Dark and…broody?” Nikita’s voice pitched in confusion. His hand dropped to pull at his black gear. If he possessed a cigarette, it would have dropped from his mouth. For a man so eager to die, he seemed quite offended. “There is nothing wrong with black. It was a neutral before depressed children commandeered it.” But the rest of her words ring true—twisting a knife his steel heart had long rusted in place. “There is no one in Hoenn who does not know of loss.” But his was different. It hadn’t come during a war. It was not expected. His children were not combatants, but they had paid for his hubris all the same.

Memories of screams he never heard threatened. He remembered the way he’d found his wife’s burnt corpse—her arms curled protectively over a daughter who was a foot taller. The remnants of their snacks had been burnt to a crisp on the floor. The almost mocking whiteness of the ‘Home Sweet Home’ sign still danging above the stove. “I do.” His admission is quiet and strained. A fissure is visible in his mask. “But I do not think you will find it in an island lost to man for over 2000 years.” He thinks back briefly to the distortions reported lately.

“There are, however, rumors of instability around Route 119.” The stories of the victims were discounted by many in the media. Likely because the dangers beneath their feet were difficult to contemplate. “I would suggest starting there.”

close tab

played by

Lime

Lash
female
August 17
Virbank City
bi
unemployed
civilian
22 height
22 height
awards
170 posts
Lasciel Elis DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lime6
Lasciel Elis
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 19:09:59 GMT
Lasciel Elis Avatar
“Implying, of course, that mine does not,” she replied, really having to hold herself back from at least trying to tell him that hers was much the same. He wouldn’t believe it anyway. And if he did, he would immediately believe her to be trying to deceive him further. No good could possibly come from this at all, so she decided not to.

Instead, she allowed him to be wounded by her wounds. Which was not entirely intentional, but also wasn’t. Things just were complicated, simple as that. “Look, I did not mean to dredge up old wounds. I mean, I get it. Most people your age that fight either have something dear to protect, or they have some regret that they can drown in combat. Granted, it is something more common with men, but I get it. It’s why I try not to get too close to anyone. Makes it harder to lose what matters if only yourself matter to you.” She scratched the back of her head. “Though I guess I am also not enough of a jerk to not care at all about others, even strangers.”

She sighed, letting her shoulders drop briefly. “I came here to look for a distortion. One quick scan of the surface will do. I can tell if they are there when I get close enough. This mystery is one I am content just scratching the outer layer to see if it has the juice I want. Once I do that, I’ll just take off to Route 119 and leave this battlefield to the guys that want to fight.” That sounded reasonable enough to herself. It should convince that old-timer, too.
There was a chuckle, though. “Funnily enough, I am only here because someone else told me something similar about a distortion possibly being here. Guess that’s just a wild goose chase in the end and all I can do is hope.”
close tab

played by

Dyfalu

Nikki
He/Him
October 21
Ecruteak City
Heterosexual
Cadet
Healing Hands
Widowed
42 height
42 height
awards
284 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikitasokolov
Nikita Sokolov
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 4:11:12 GMT
Nikita Sokolov Avatar
[attr="class","nikita"]The detective nodded, his shoulders lifting toward his chin with a shrug. “I mean no offense.” There was no reason an adolescent should find that insulting. Or, at least, not in a world of logical actors. But, in his decades on this earth, he now knew humanity to be anything but. “It is simply biology, I am afraid.” If his hypothesis was correct, the ‘child’ made no move to correct him. It seemed this paradox would not be so simply unraveled.

“I am not certain what you are referring to.” He did not care. There was no point in lingering on the lost. These things he told himself as his stone heart bled. As quickly as the gap in his armor appeared, it vanished beneath a faux indifference. “But I believe this is where I should tell you to open your heart.” Judging by the disbelieving laugh that followed, he did not share the view of most. That or the idea of caring about himself struck him as humorous.

As the young woman explained, Nikita listened. His general air was somewhere between exasperation and constipation. “People are notoriously unreliable.” He was known for his clarity of thought. A detective who understood emotions but rarely fell victim to them.

Which is why his acquiescence surprised him. “Just stay out of firing range.” He steps to the side, granting the woman a runway.
Regardless of which way she flew, she would end up in a militarized zone.

At least, that's he would tell himself.

It is with some surprise that he sees her reverse course toward the mainland.
50 - Participation
100 - Sea
300 - Loss
80 - Posts
------------
530 MP