Guillermo Marceliño
secret: here again gone again [rt]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 17:41:38 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]
[attr="class","memophtag"]

[attr="class","memophmain"]
Memo touched down at the rendezvous site, stifling a pained groan as he kicked his legs over Nike’s back to slide down to the ground. Everything hurt. Everything was crusted in salt. Everything not covered by his mask or goggles was windburnt.
[break][break]
Was he getting too old for war?
[break][break]
“Here’s the most up-to-date data on enemy movements,” he managed to say, voice cracked from yelling, coughing. “Though with the weather and how many of them there are I can’t say for sure how fast it’s changing.”

[attr="class","memophpoke"]

[newclass=.memoph]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:75px 40px 40px 40px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph b] color: #7DCE82; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memophpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 6:01:02 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was relieved that the League's assignment for her didn't necessarily involve fighting. She didn't want to be in Dewford; she would rather have been in Rustboro, handling paperwork needed before she could take her new seat as Captain. Instead she was ready to take to the skies on a surveillance mission. It was an important one, too: the League had been planning an upcoming siege operation on a complex deep within enemy territory, and they needed valuable information on patrol routes, number and kind of the rank and file involved, and any schematics they could get their hands on.

"Great to see you again, Captain," Shalin greeted as her own Flygon touched down, Sandy's humming wings scattering more salty dust around her. "They'll be calling me Captain in a couple weeks - can you believe it?" she tried to break the ice before moving on to something more serious. "So from what I get, we're just supposed to gather intelligence about an upcoming Rocket operation and report it to HQ, right?"

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
                             ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Shalin        Human          ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Hayabusa      Scyther        Good
Piccolo       Noivern        Good
Zuh           Pidgeot        Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good

{WC: 172}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 15:33:37 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

Guillermo wasn’t a fan of fighting, either. Funny how things change. Once upon a time he’d have tripped over himself heading for the front. That was barely two years ago.
[break][break]
“You too,” he says, offering her a small, but genuine, smile. The last time he’d seen Shalin she’d been tripping over herself in an attempt to run away from him and his weird Banette Mega-Evo bullshit. “I’m not surprised. You’re very capable.”
[break][break]
He pulled his goggles off and ran his fingertips over the pebbled texture they left imprinted in his cheeks. “Yes. The plan is to let them do the hard work for us. I guess command has full faith in our ability to overpower Rocket at the end and take whatever it is they’ve found.” He tried to keep his voice even and not let any of his disparaging view of this plan leak in.
[break][break]
He thought he did a good job.

[newclass=.memoph]margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border-radius: 5px;border: solid 1px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophmain]border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:75px 40px 40px 40px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-family:poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memophtag] text-align: right;font-weight: bold;position: absolute;padding: 10px 15px;border: solid 1px #232323; border-top-color: rgb(35, 35, 35); border-top-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px;background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px;margin: 0px 0px 0px -1px;border-top: none;background-color: #272727;width: 390px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph b] color: #7DCE82; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph i] color: #cecece; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph u] text-decoration: none; text-transform:uppercase; color: #dbb859; font-size: 12px;font-family:Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memoph a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important;letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memophpoke] background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 5:59:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Memo's smile made Shalin feel warm inside; the tenured Captain expressing interest and giving praise to new leadership meant a lot to her. "Thanks. I'm a little nervous about it, but you never know until you try." Being a Captain would mean slightly less field work, but it meant having more of the League's ear. Deep down, she wondered how her eccentricities didn't disqualify her from the position.

"I think the best way to go about this is by air," the green-ette suggested. "Flygon are common enough mounts that they shouldn't raise too much of a ruckus." Though being Sygna Suited up might have drawn attention to them than she would have liked, she was largely helpless in the air without it, unable to use her partner's best attacks for fear of being reduced to mush by way of vibration. On the plus side, she had no need of goggles; her red eye shields would keep the wind and dust away from her eyesight.

"When you're ready, let's fly. And Sandy?" she asked, turning away from Memo and facing forward to give her Flygon a pat. "Try to keep the volume down." The dragon responded by silently fluttering her wings just below the threshold of human hearing.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

{WC: 207}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 15:36:29 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

The concept of being tenured was bittersweet. Memo could have single-handedly saved the world and he still would have felt like his career’s worth of accomplishments wouldn’t fill a thimble; and while he loved to see new, young, bright minds coming up through League ranks, it was difficult to not feel like the arm of the butcher shoving the bloody, fresh cuts through the meat grinder.
[break][break]
“Rustboro’s a good beat. Not quite as big as Slateport, not as small as Petalburg. Balanced, I guess.”
[break][break]
Shalin suggests they take back to the air and Memo has to turn away for a beat to hide his face falling; he’s really good at it, though, so he’s grinning when he turns back.
[break][break]
“No place I’d rather be,” he lies, convincingly, reaching out a hand to draw Nike over to him. She bent low, chest to the ground, so her shortstack trainer could mount up. Memo’s body is so used to being here, now, that it easily falls into old habits, and the ache in his thighs slows to a steady burn.
[break][break]
“We’ll scan in a wave formation-- overlapping, so as not to miss anything, but not in the same spot for very long, together. If something shoots at us I’d like it to not take us both out in one fell swoop.” He had the benefit of being trained by the best flyer in the Hoenn region ().
[break][break]
He touches his heels gently to Nike’s thighs and the dragonfly is in the air in a matter of seconds.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 4:16:03 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin wanted to use her new leadership position to truly make a difference in Hoenn. At Littleroot, she felt all she did was cause the League trouble, not even able to shoot down despite wielding a bow blessed by 's god. Today, she felt even more burdened than she did before. More people were relying on her than ever before. "Had I known was retiring, I would have run for Petalburg's position instead," she idly remarked. "I live off-grid in Petalburg Woods, so a bigger city like Rustboro will be an adjustment."

Shalin smiled as she saw Nike mounting up. "Love your choice of flying, too. Sandy here is one of my favorite ways to fly." A low hum occasionally left the Flygon's wings as she got a feel for just how fast she could flutter without being heard. "That's smart. Hopefully that won't be the case, but I'm not holding my breath. I can try to snipe some of them with my bow and arrow, too." As if on cue, the AVIAN ARROWS in her quiver shook as if being blown about by a stiff breeze.

Both of the Flygon took to the air, their wings silent by human ears. She pointed toward a communications dish in the distance; that sounded like an easy target, at least in theory.

{WC: 222}
{PC: 3}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 13:39:25 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

Once upon a time, Memo’d wanted to use his leadership position to help Hoenn, too. Over the course of his captainhood, ‘helping Hoenn’ had shrunk to the much more manageable ‘helping Fortree’. His experience at the first Ranger enclave had shown to him that, while certainly everyone’s heart was more or less in the right place, every barrack had its own city at the forefront. Even if it meant throwing other beats on the inferno to keep themselves warm.
[break][break]
“We’re all a unit,” he said, contradicting his own thinking; it was important he remembered this was, after all, the point of the Rangers. “None of us exist in a bubble. It’s important to remember we’re all on the same team.” It was like if he repeated it enough he could convince himself.
[break][break]
He knew objectively the Rangers, and the League in general, were all on the same side… at least in the larger conflicts. But the Ranger conclaves had done little to convince him of his faction’s propensity for fair and team-friendly play. Maybe Shalin’s experiences would be different… but Rustboro didn’t have a spitting, seething Ultra Rift clawing a hole in its belly.
[break][break]
The two of them took to the sky, weaving through the heavy sea clouds and combing a wide area in a back-and-forth stitch-like pattern. Memo hoped for both their sakes it would be a quiet patrol.
[break][break]
notes[break]
we can leave it chill or we can spawn some npcs to fight (for the mp) up 2 u

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 5:51:14 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The two soared high in the air, the only sound around them the whirring of Flygon wings beating at a speed just beneath the threshold of human hearing. "Of course," the green-ette nodded. "Ranging isn't a competition. It's about saving lives. I don't agree with the way we're being made to save lives, but ultimately what we're doing will save lives by bringing Hoenn one step closer to peace."

She felt a little vulnerable without her Sygna Suit on, but it was needed; with how few people had them, she felt she would be instantly recognized if she wore hers. That would not do. Setting Sandy's reins down and holding a pair of binoculars to her eyes, she zoomed in on the communications dish and the building below it. "I think we'll need to let the League know they should consider sending a strike team to that building with the dish on top of it," she pointed toward the place, its scaffolding stairways swarming with Rockets.

All of a sudden, an unsettling alarm blared about the facility. Shalin gulped, hoping the alert was for another intruder and not them...

{WC: 189}
{PC: 4}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 14:51:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

Shalin sounded very convinced of the Ranger’s purpose in Hoenn. Memo could do little but nod, forcing a smile before looking away; how long had it been since he’d so truthfully believed that same mantra? Certainly back before the government had willingly punched a hole in his city’s stomach.
[break][break]
He was just about to pick up his radio and punch in coordinates when the alarm shot through the fog. A series of distant red flashes went off, and moments later there were an untold number of green shapes wizzing in their direction. Memo yelped and directed Nike down, dodging out of the way of a swinging Scyther blade just in time.
[break][break]
“Watch out!” he cried, as Nike fired off a boomburst at a charging Scyther.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 7:00:02 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was a good thing Shalin at least thought to bring her earplugs: the double BOOMBURST from both Sandy and Nike would have left them both with little more than a ringing noise in their ears. The twin shockwaves felled the two Scyther with ease, but at the cost of putting the entire base on edge. If the alarm blaring didn't get the attention of every Rocket in the vicinity, then the ear-warping rumble of layered sonic booms would.

Shalin's thighs were also throbbing; without her suit on, she had to absorb the full force of Sandy's wings vibrating fast enough for their tips to reach supersonic speed. She winced in pain, clutching her waistline to try to keep her riding posture as good as she could manage. The vibration's intensity had robbed her of feeling from the upper legs down; she couldn't even feel the impact of a BULLET SEED tearing a hole in her left leg as several Rockets opened fire on them with automatic, high-magazine weapons that filled the air around them with pellets of the Grass-type attack. She tried to call out to Memo to make a tactical retreat, but was unsure if the Captain could hear her over the cacophonous buzzing or the loud gunfire.

{WC: 210}
{PC: 5}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 17:54:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

It was a testament to his hearing loss (probably) that the protection afforded by his flightsuit was enough to stop him from seeing stars at the double boomburst. He should get that checked out. Maybe.
[break][break]
Well, it was the price of bringing a sound-based dragonfly to a knife-bug fight, he guessed.
[break][break]
He saw Shalin jerk in his peripherals and with a nudge of his knee Nike flashed over to her; the two Flygon warped and wrapped in the air, dodging incoming fire and peeling away. Scales went flying and Memo felt something sting sharply against his upper body before they cleared the dangerous airspace.
[break][break]
They curled around a rocky outcropping and found enough room to light down.
[break][break]
“Let me see,” he said immediately as he slid off his dragonfly.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 23:07:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Breathing a sigh of relief that Memo noticed the distress she and her Flygon were in, Shalin reined Sandy behind the same rocky shelter their fellow Captain was headed toward. It was only when the two landed, Shalin staying seated on her Flygon's back due to the tingling in her lower body, that she started to feel the sting of the Bullet Seeds lodged in her leg. The intense wind from riding as fast as they were dried the blood around the wound, which worked in her favor by stemming any subsequent bleeding.

Her leg thumping, she knew the pain would have been unbearable if she slid down from her mount's saddle. Instead, she remained seated and pointed to roughly where the discomfort was coming from. With how swollen the skin was, the wounds would have been easy for Memo to locate. "When I signed up to take Rustboro's Captain seat, I didn't think I would be on the front lines like a Gym Leader would," she moaned as the fellow Captain examined her...

{WC: 174}
{PC: 6}

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 18:11:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

Shalin had smallish punctures peppered up and down one leg, crusted over with dried blood. Her ripped and torn suit revealed heinous bruises forming already.
[break][break]
“Unfortunately, Hoenn is a front line. All of it. At all times.” He'd learned that first hand through the numerous apocalyptic events the region had thrown at him.
[break][break]
He put one hand on her knee, gently, and fished in a pocket of his flightsuit for his phone, rifling quickly through his PC to summon a Pokeball. With quick motion, he pocketed his phone and swiped the ball from the air when it appeared in a flash of transpo-sparkles.
[break][break]
A moment later and his Galarian Rapidash stood at their side, nosing forward to sniff at the wound. Zuza was his best friend and best soldier; she knew something was up just from the fraught emotions pinging off of her horn. The appendage began to glow a pale pink as small circles of heal pulse began to roll off of her and wrap Shalin’s leg. Carefully, the seeds were wriggled free, pinging to the ground like spent casings, and the red, ulcerated flesh began to knit close and pinken with healing tissue.
[break][break]
“There, not too bad. Nothing a little magic can’t fix.” His voice was wry with sarcasm.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 6:37:50 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin's collection of the Medallions of Eight put her on the front lines in a different way. She had fought against nature's revolt rather than Rocket directly, but it unearthed an important key to hatching Ultra Beast eggs. Olivia and Nymris were as friendly as they were because they had been hatched from eggs. That rapport-building was important in bonding with the alien Pokémon and using their immense powers to fight for Hoenn rather than against it.

She breathed a sigh of relief, the HEAL PULSE not only patching up Shalin's skin, but pushing the BULLET SEEDS stuck in her leg out of the skin safely. A procedure that would have required surgery was averted thanks to the powerful healing the Galarian horse possessed. "Thanks so much, Captain," Shalin replied. "Not good as new, but good enough. Good as new will only come with time."

The duo stayed hidden until the alarm ceased. "We learned quite a bit about their operations, but it might be time to cut our losses." She poked her head around the corner, many of the Rockets firing at them having left to handle tasks at another warfront. "I think upper management can use our report to cook up an operation to take them down." Perhaps a task for Dewford's Gym Leader, .

{WC: 218}
{PC: 7}

MP THIS THREAD: 470

Posts (70)
Participation (50)
Completion (100)
Draw (250)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
awards
1,176 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 19:18:44 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","memoph"]

Memo had firsthand experience with exactly what kind of trauma heal pulse couldn’t fix.
[break][break]
“Right. Nothing patches hurts like time,” he said, smiling, one hand reaching out to press a palm against his unicorn’s warm neck.
[break][break]
He took one last look at the cloud-choked sky, nodding in agreement with Shalin’s assessment.
[break][break]
“Agreed. Let’s get somewhere safe… ish, and make our report.”

A little mental clock chimed in his head. It would soon be time to check in with and let him know he wasn’t a) dead or b) grievously wounded.
[break][break]
His thighs screamed as he climbed back on his dragonfly.
[break][break]
“See you soon, Captain Nariya,” he said, flicking two fingers off his forehead in salute. “Stay safe out there.”
[break][break]
And he dove into the gray abyss in a buzz of wings.