Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 9:07:23 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mikanakayama"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

DREAM DROP DISTANCE

this isn’t just a dream, but a wish. [break][break]

mika feels it, her hands stained with the same nebulous blue as her hair — as though she could look up into the sky and fall into it, bleed with its horizon. and on any other occasion, she would. [break][break]

but there is a spark within her — scintilla, they call it — the sensation of a small ember sparking into something more. bright white and gold in the midst of blood red and sunset orange, tiny flames catching against a stubborn wind. [break][break]

the spark is a fire sparrow, darting through the breeze. it’s so tempting to stay there in that moment, to be lost among birds in an endless sky, ungrounded and unfettered. free. but she resists that feeling, resists the temptation of wings and looks down, and sees the earth beneath her feet. [break][break]

sees the girl at their side. [break][break]

they are twenty years old and sunkissed, summer burning at their backs, sky hanging blue above them. and is there, just a summer younger than mika, but no less visionary — sparkling and bright. [break][break]

mika has never been more in love. she says, “i’m gonna miss you.” [break][break]

and julie smiles, turning the sun’s cold rays warm, dispelling any darkness hiding in the shadows of mika’s heart. mouth curved like a wing, like mika could place her lips near julie’s and she’d really fly, like she could do anything at all. “you could always go with me, y’know.” [break][break]

“i…” [break][break]

couldn’t, a stubborn voice says within. it sounds like a voice mika knows, the one that always denies themself of everything, even of the things they actually want. in a world more familiar than this, that voice wins over in the end, and mika says goodbye to summer and its warmth — bids julie farewell and lets life runs its course in her absence, always a victim of fate and never the perpetrator. [break][break]

but in this world, she can grab fate with her own two hands and pull. she can reach out, and defy the universe that drives them apart, instead willing that she stay. [break][break]

they grab a hold of julie’s hands, and say, “i’ll go anywhere if it’s with you.” [break][break]

and a talonflame will screech overhead, but mika won’t hear it over her thundering heart and shaking pulse — traitor in her skin, trembling like she can’t believe something good can happen to her. that julie can happen to her. [break][break]

she won’t feel it, won’t feel anything with the way julie grabs a hold of her hand, leaning in so close that they’re reflected in each other’s eyes, butterfly kisses against fragile skin and bones. [break][break]

“silly mimi, we don’t have to go anywhere. we can stay here, just like this. just like always.” [break][break]

“do you mean it?” [break][break]

“i always do.” [break][break]

then they’ll kiss, ministrations so soft and sweet, mika has to hold julie close — her most precious jules — thoughts blooming with an inner voice that sounds less like a promise and more like a truth. [break][break]

home is where the heart is.[break][break]

and mika’s is right in her hands. [break][break]

[attr="class","mikanakayamaooc"]

NOTES

• theme: love [break]
• word count: 511 [break]
• sleep score: 200

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.mikanakayama]--accent:#596DB3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mikanakayama]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 5:30:53 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

DREAM DROP DISTANCE

“heh, i didn’t take you for the fighting type.” [break][break]

mika pauses, a handful of poke balls held in the crook of her arms. “i’m really not,” she begins to say, “but i found that it helps to have more pokemon for all sorts of different situations.” [break][break]

laughs. her laughter could make the sun rise and the stars fall — her brightness could make blazing fires look pale. “always prepared, aren’t you?” [break][break]

the ranger sets down her things. she’s heard that saying a few times before, and her answer to that remains the same each time. “not always.” [break][break]

rays of sun enter through the window, blinding rays of light that cast onto the shadows of their body and slowly crawl upward. in this light, a reflection of their entire lives — one family’s vacation in the summer, the other family’s vocation, blue and pink like the early dawn, meeting at the horizon between the sky and the sea. months spent in happy bliss, months turning into years, young and hopeful love carrying them like petals on the breeze, like sunlight across a vast ocean. [break][break]

(and at one section of the crossroad, a world where mika takes off flying, going higher and higher where no one can reach her. not her pokemon, not her parents, not even julie. soaring above the clouds as though she could truly distance herself from whatever happens on the surface beneath.) [break][break]

(but at this section of the crossroad—) [break][break]

julie looks at mika, carves a little space next to her on the couch. the sun washes over them, but all mika feels is the way julie’s hand fits in hers. “...i don’t want to talk about this next part.” [break][break]

in a perfect world, julie would reply “what part?” because she would be oblivious to what happens next; to the wrinkle in the fabric of mika’s reality, the wrinkle in everyone’s fabric, reality, life. [break][break]

instead, even dreams are tainted by the cruel reality — by the history of the region and all it’s done to the people living within it. [break][break]

julie says, “you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to. i already know.” [break][break]

mika leans in closer, close enough they can rest their head on julie’s shoulder, eyes closed against her image. “do you?” [break][break]

“i do. team rocket, the wars, the legendary pokemon, all that stuff that sounds way above our pay grade. everything.” [break][break]

“then you know that—” [break][break]

“that you’ll be busy? that you’ll have to leave?” a rueful laugh, this time. mika’s heart twisting in its cage. julie places a hand near mika’s face, fingers curling against her cheek — slender and cool to the touch. “i figured as much. it’s okay. i’ll be right here waiting for you.” [break][break]

“will you?” [break][break]

and in this dream, mika doesn’t hear an answer. [break][break]

(or maybe, it would have been easier on their own heart not to listen.) [break][break]

NOTES

• theme: reminiscence [break]
• word count: 466 [break]
• sleep score: 200 (400 total)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.mikanakayama]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 7:06:55 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

DREAM DROP DISTANCE

some part of mika hesitates. there are a hundred different things she can dream of, but to think of this particular one is… [break][break]

does she want to hurt by imagining this next part? or will they skip to the part where they get better — where everything gets better — because mika is too afraid of living through the parts that are worse? [break][break]

… [break][break]

let me do it, mika wills themself in the dream. julie… [break][break]

wind funnels as a barrier around mika. she reaches out, and the rest of the scene bleeds at her fingertips, coming to life. [break][break]

it’s midnight and there’s dried blood on her fingers. [break][break]

she blinks once, twice. the dream she creates is not a nice one, and the scenes of before flash in her mind, body and mind wavering as they remember it all. the medics already took care of everything serious, but… [break][break]

even in this sorry state, she wants to see julie. [break][break]

the door opens, and mika steps inside. there, she draws the attention of her lover, who’s radiant even in her nightwear and a pair of buneary houseslippers. julie peers behind her shoulder for a moment, casual in the way she says, “welcome home! you’re a little later than usual, did everything go okay?” [break][break]

“julie—” [break][break]

“mika?” [break][break]

she stands up from her place at the couch, ami and ruru (the latter who’d always stayed home with her other mama whenever mika went out to do something dangerous) startled at the sudden movement. julie comforts them with a shaky hand, then moves closer to her beloved with worry etched into the brights of her eyes. [break][break]

mika exhales softly, vision slowly blinking into the reality she’s chosen. [break][break]

a reality where she’s covered in evidence of a hard-won fight: dried blood stains (her own, her own, her own — she’ll never let her pokemon or her friends get hurt before she does), ranger uniform torn in places where she’d been caught on terrain, or where she’d fallen from being impacted, and a slight bruise forming on her right cheek. [break][break]

the smell of smoke and ash lingering around them like a ghost. [break][break]

julie runs to her, hands so gentle and so sweet, face falling devoid of emotion. except for fear. “what happened to you?” [break][break]

“...long day at work. there were some dangerous pokemon and—” she flinches— “people.” [break][break]

“oh, mika…” [break][break]

“it’s not that bad, really. i’m mostly fine, and i already saw a doctor and everything, but i just…”
[break][break]

“...” [break][break]

i wanted to see your reaction. if you’d see the dangers and if you’d still stay — if being near me for long isn’t too much for you. [break][break]

isn’t that cruel? [break][break]

“well, let’s try not to make this a habit,” julie slowly says, a gentle attempt at humor in a dark time, “sit down and take it easy, okay? i’ll grab the first aid kit. let’s get you cleaned up.” [break][break]

and everything moves in retrograde, colors and light expanding and stretching, flecks of lights eclipsing into each other. julie’s image blurring at the edges. [break][break]

it’d be so easy to go further, to imagine that she’d continue to be silently supportive of mika, or always be ready to face dangerous aftermaths to dangerous consequences, but… [break][break]

would any of it matter if it wasn’t real? [break][break]

mika doesn’t answer themself. they simply sit in silence, watching as the julie of their dreams walks away, and mika — as always — doesn’t stop her, even if she wants to. [break][break]

she lets the feeling wash away, sighing as a new sight fills her vision and a new resolve fills in the empty hollow of her chest. let’s try that one again. [break][break]

NOTES

• theme: revelations [break]
• word count: 600 [break]
• sleep score: 200 (600 total)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2023 18:53:22 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

DREAM DROP DISTANCE

mika tries a second time, blinking her eyes against blinding light, stretching her fingers against dried bloodstains — grimacing at the way it cakes her skin, staining her body the way a red sun stains the sea. [break][break]

then she sees the door in front of her, and pushes it open at the handle, well-worn. [break][break]

inside, . inside, a chance to set things right. [break][break]

when jules startles with alarm, when she rises to her feet, mika inhales. “be honest,” mika says, a little shaky at the irony in her words stabbing her right back, “would you stay?” [break][break]

“...” [break][break]

“if…if things got dire, if i don’t come back, or if it’s worse than this…would you still…”
[break][break]

be by my side? they choke on the words, swallowing everything but their fears. julie doesn’t move during this part, and the colors around them waver, lights flashing and dimming and flashing again. [break][break]

the furthest wall crumbles — mika speaks among the falling debris. “would you still want to be with me? would you regret everything? would you have…” more and more parts of the home disappear. the beautiful scenery of fortree, its magnificent trees and endless stretches of greenery, bleed into blues and reds, the sun setting and rising. endless colors in every direction. [break][break]

julie takes a step forward. [break][break]

mika continues to say, “would you have rather we never got together in the first place?” [break][break]

which, they’d understand. these are the thoughts running through their head, these are the doubts that informed their decisions in the past. for fear of losing julie — for fear of hurting her — mika took scissors to their relationship first, making the cuts that would sever them entirely. [break][break]

except, it never happened as cleanly as that. the threads frayed but didn’t break, and fate finds them in each other’s worlds, anyway. fate finds a way, and now mika stands before julie, silent. cognizant of all the wrongs they’d done to her; guilty of the crimes of ending their relationship, but still yearning for what could’ve been. [break][break]

for what might still be. [break][break]

“...say something, jules.” [break][break]

“what do you want me to say, mimi?” the other gets closer, her eyes downcast as she reaches for mika’s hands, fingers gently probing at the dried bloodstains. “do you want to say that i regret everything? that if i could go back, i’d never love you at all?” [break][break]

“...” [break][break]

“or do you want me to say that i’ll stay with you always, that i’ll weather the storm with you, that our love will never die?” she glances up at them, eyes glimmering. [break][break]

around them, an endless sky, clouds and stars dotted across stretches of blue and pink. wind that blows in every direction, mika’s sight obscured by wisps of navy-blue hair. “i don’t know what i want you to say,” she finally admits. “but i just want to hear you say it.” [break][break]

julie laughs. “then you already know your answer, don’t you?” [break][break]

and as dream-julie gently scrapes off the dried blood on mika’s hands with her long nails — as the sunlight catches on them both, setting their eyes and hair and skin alight — mika closes her eyes against the sight, nodding once. [break][break]

it’s just as well.[break][break]

NOTES

• theme: aspiration [break]
• word count: 526 [break]
• sleep score: 200 (800 total)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 0:00:59 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

DREAM DROP DISTANCE

for as long as she can remember, mika had been living life for others. in her youth, she’d been the perfect daughter to two reserved parents, never questioning them, never acting out against their wishes. in her teenagedom, she’d been the model student and aspiring ranger-to-be, fulfilling everyone’s expectations, and never imagining a life of her own outside of these constraints. [break][break]

but in her adolescence, mika nakayama found , and everything changed. it hadn’t just been what does julie want, but what does mika want for herself, when all is said and done? when someone who brings out the best in her makes her see that there’s more to life than dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s, that no one would reprimand mika for not signing directly on the line, or initialing where it needs initials. that if she stepped out of the four walls of her home, she’d see just how vast and wondrous the world outside is. [break][break]

she would see that her desire to save her region and help people doesn’t come from a life of obligation, but a heart of generositychoosing to assist others when it’d be so easy to just stay on the sidelines. does this make them a hero? no, far from it. but does it save them in a different way, in a harmless way, in an exploratory and self-realizing way? [break][break]

mika doesn’t have the answer yet. but the more she dreams, the more her own reality is blurred, and it becomes painfully obvious that not even the sweetest fantasies can give her what she wants. the answer they’re searching for, the memories they’ve preserved…they’re all within reach, and all mika has to do is go out and grab them. [break][break]

my life starts with me. [break][break]

the dream shatters and breaks, colors and saturation fading out into a startlingly normal world, in the hoenn and in the world that mika really and truly lives in — not some sad paradise where nothing ever goes wrong. [break][break]

the julie of this world, the julie in the next, the julie from before… [break][break]

mika can’t change the past, nor can she predict the future. all she has is the here and now. [break][break]

and this time, when they reach out, it won’t be just color, light, and prismatic beauty scintillating at her fingertips. [break][break]

it’ll be something real. [break][break]

NOTES

• theme: stepping up [break]
• word count: 388 [break]
• sleep score: 200 (1000 total)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 21:00:53 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 4:47:04 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

BIRTH BY SLEEP

the moment the dream continues into something resembling a game, mika knows she's out of her own depth. she's experienced some of this strangeness in dreams and distortions before, and has always tolerated it because it's easier to do that than to fight against her fate. [break][break]

but it feels different when she's no longer in control of said dream. before, mika's dreams seemed to bend to her will, and she lived out her fantasies for only a moment, facing the one she loves and telling her all the things she could never say. now? now, every scene in this dream world shifts with uncontrollable speed, colors and sensations blurring together imperceptibly so. one moment, the king tells a tale of conquest and fates, the next, a loud cry from outside draws the attention of her annihilape, the creature bounding out the door before mika can stop it. [break][break]

the king bestows upon her, and the other players in the hall, a strange dream ball each, telling them to take it with them on their journey. [break][break]

take this with me? she holds the pink capture capsule in one hand, blinking slowly. something this cute would better suit someone else, but... mika remembers that there's no time to waste, as the countdown has already started. a loud, blaring sound catches her off guard, and new information presents itself in a flurry of light and lines. it reads: [break][break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

ABILITY NAME: blue me, red you[break][break]

items and surroundings that are helpful to the objective or the player overall are highlighted in blue. however, non-helpful entities of the same nature are highlighted in red instead.[break]

[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass] [break][break]

at that moment, mika's vision changes, and every object and value darkens around her, as though her eyes have become radars, instead. almost everything from the castle walls to the tall trees to the dirt roads are highlighted a bright red color, straining against her sight. however, she spots a few blue spots, instead, and looks down to see that the dream ball in her hand is also highlighted in blue. [break][break]

a distant cry shatters the sky and garners mika's attention. outside of the castle, into the depths of this kingdom, mika runs towards a forest, whose trees are spindly and leaf-less, more like bones sticking out of the ground than any plant life. among these skeletal groves, she follows a trail of footsteps dyed in helpful blue, ignoring anything else that even gleams of red. [break][break]

eventually, she finds a familiar face. it's kirai, her annihilape, who'd run out on her before. "what are you doing here?" she asks. "let's go back..." [break][break]

the annihilape stands still for a time. it doesn't move an inch, not even at mika's insistence. a deep black and purple miasma surrounds its body, eyes unblinking and hands curled up into fists. mika's breath catches in her throat. [break][break]

something's wrong. before she can react, kirai leaps onto his trainer, fists baring down on her. mika doesn't scream, only puts up her arms to block her face, the dream ball clicking open in the midst of their physical altercation. in a flash of light, the dream ball captures kirai the annihilape, and his weight disappears from this (dream) reality. [break][break]

mika falls to the ground, no longer being assaulted by her own pokemon, but not understanding what had just happened, either. she doesn't realize that the wind stops blowing and the sun stops shining, everything held in breathless suspension as a pop-up displays in her radar-vision. [break][break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

PURIFY YOUR POKEMON'S HEART[break][break]

Warning! Doing so will take away power that can help you protect the ones you care about. [break][break]

Continue? [break]

[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass] [break][break]

and:

[attr="class","rbynote"]

KEEP YOUR POKEMON'S STRENGTH [break][break]

Warning! Doing so will keep you from reaching their true potential in lieu of brute force. [break][break]

Continue? [break]

mika stares at the words floating in front of her. these messages are talking about kirai, aren't they? her gaze shifts to the dream ball in her hands. it feels heavy with her pokemon's weight. sure, it had attacked her just now, but she senses there's more to its behavior than its typical latent aggression. perhaps kirai had been scared, confused, or hurt by something in his time out here alone. mika wouldn't try to "fix" something about her pokemon without yet ascertaining if it had even been broken in the first place. [break][break]

she decides to keep kirai the way he is, selecting the second option. the moment she does, the world lulls back into motion, and mika exhales. [break][break]

she certainly had her work cut out for her.

NOTES

• word count: 670

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 7:44:37 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

BIRTH BY SLEEP

there are dangers in this world, too. even if it's a dream or a game, mika doesn't make it too far without seeing multiple different hazards. wild pokemon, strange obstacles, harmful entities that would do all they can to get their claws on her. everything is wrapped in a pitiful shade of red, making it hard for her to identify the blue she so desperately needs: the blue that outlines what is important in a mundane world. [break][break]

then they look down and see kirai's pokeball, wrapped up in a perfect blue. "oh..." mika heaves a sigh, then nods. "well, i promised that i'd work things out between us. so come on out, kirai." [break][break]

in a flash of colorless light, the annihilape emerges, its earlier outburst seemingly forgotten as its body stands scarily upright, tendrils of hair and ghostly energy radiating in multiple directions, like a twisted star. [break][break]

(mika doesn't see it just then, her own appearance having been warped in the same way. hover over her faceless avatar and an image of the human woman is seen, except her typical navy-blue hair has a silvery sheen to it, her long strands flowing out and around her — a faint dark glow surrounding her entire body, haunted and venerable like a ghost bride, or a fallen fighter.) [break][break]

but kirai behaves, and that's what matters. yet something strange happens when he comes into her field of vision: three items appear before her, then place themselves in their inventory. the flightless bird receives the following items: x speed / pretty feather / air balloon. are these items meant for something else later on? she'll have to hold onto them for now, as they're clearly outlined in blue. and together with kirai, mika wanders this space for some time, searching for anything that could be helpful, rather than not. [break][break]

and just then, she spots them: blue outlines in the distance, in the shape of people. other players in the game, perhaps? other people who can make sense of this nonsensical world? [break][break]

as mika approaches the new silhouettes, much of the world's details are lost on her, and she doesn't notice a small pop-up window that appears at her feet (for their gaze remains steady and straight ahead of them) that reads: due to server overload, CPU versions of players will begin to spawn, instead. no, all she's focused on is approaching these new people, confident in her stride. [break][break]

"excuse me, are you two also players in the game?" [break][break]

she receives two responses at once: "if you can call this a game," and "yuppers!" [break][break]

a glance at the gallery page of the avatars before her reveal two distinct figures: & , the former whose thunder-struck appearance and wiry tail almost blend effortlessly with their initial mannerism, observant and wary. it's much different from his companion, the latter, who is the color pink in excess, fairy-like wings and ears sticking out from her body, smiling wide like she's excited to be meeting someone new. their responses are immediate and clear, and mika pauses, taking it all in. [break][break]

something's not entirely right... but they're not sure what it is. oh, well. there's safety in numbers, and it's clear this duo have pokemon and powers of their own. perhaps they can help mika, and mika can help them in turn. "in any case, this place is fairly dangerous. perhaps we're all better off sticking together?" [break][break]

"okay! sounds good to me! it's nice to meet you, by the way! i'm momo! and this is my big brother, shigure!" [break][break]

"hmm... i dunno that the three of us are enough, though." [break][break]

"what do you mean?" mika asks. "enough for what?" [break][break]

"for that dungeon over there. it says it needs four people to go through." [break][break]

mika glances in the direction that shigure points her towards, and sees a sign warning against the danger inside, a staircase towards the heavens appearing like some sort of dungeon entrance in the middle of this forest. [break][break]

and in front of that dungeon, a fourth figure stands there waiting. mika slowly approaches, her heart hammering in her chest. but why? maybe because, as they get closer to the other, a wave of familiarity washes over them, and a glance at the other shows her everything she needs to know. beyond strange images and colors is a clear depiction of the one person in the world that knows mika the best. [break][break]

that loves mika the best. that mika loves back. yet when turns around, there are gems in her visage where her eyes would be, the shine beautiful but strange, the color so accurate to the real thing. mika remembers julie's features well, and so once she takes in the sight of such a dazzling gaze, their attention is drawn to the sharpness of the other's claws, of the way julie laughs into her fingers and the nails look like they might draw blood if she ever so much as laughed the wrong way. [break][break]

"mimi. you always know where to find me, huh?" [break][break]

and that's all it takes for mika to realize that this isn't the real julie. or if it is, it's one that answers too promptly, too perfectly, to be the real person that mika knows and loves. the real jules would never take delight in this warped appearance. but whoever this julie is, she's still a version of the one mika knows, and one worth protecting. "this dungeon needs four people," mika says slowly, still trying to understand the dream. "will you help us...jules? please?" [break][break]

this julie glances from mika to the duo behind her (are they fake, too?), and nods. "oh, you don't have to ask so nicely, you know. i'd go just about anywhere with you!" [break][break]

(and the rest of the dungeon encounter happens like this: mika, momo, shigure, and julie, scaling a transparent staircase towards the clouds, where soaring above them in an endless horizon of sunlight and space, a gigantic talonflame rises above, wings aflame and cry echoing across eternity. it's sora, and mika already knows exactly what this fight should be, and how they'd go about facing it. [break][break]

her answer comes in the form of silent resolve: her strong form stepping in front of the other three, her annihilape glowing dark against the bright fire, her neck craned towards the gargatuan phoenix in the sky. [break][break]

she'll fight for her freedom even if it burns.)[break][break]

NOTES

• word count: 900+

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:47:02 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

BIRTH BY SLEEP

at the edge of dawn, mika faces her talonflame, her talonflame dark against the day. the creature besides her rages and simmers with shadows unknown, the likes of which send shivers up the spines of her companions, little and quiet flinching at the violence, at the pure vitriol that comes off the annihilape in waves. [break][break]

stands resolute, unfazed, her eyes as suns that watch for mika's movement, casting shadows of doubt. another fake, another ghost, another vision of the person that mika loves twisted in some way. but they made a promise to her, didn't she? she said she'd protect her, in all her ways, in every version of themselves that they can possibly be together. [break][break]

annihilape's body is rigid with hatred, its face drenched in darkness and sorrow. it feels wrong, now, to have this companion of mika's face another — to have shadow and light collide, terrible screeching like flames licking the walls of infinity around them. [break][break]

i'm sorry sora, and kirai. i'm sorry you have to face this at all. it shouldn't be like this, it should never be like this. [break][break]

something powerful swells in this space, now, enhancing mika and all her allies. enhancing their pokemon, warm and cool colors streaking like rainbow stars in the sky. mika continues to move forward, unperturbed by turbulent winds or fiery flames. as her pokemon breaks itself over and over again, as shadows rise as a thundering heart towards that firebird in the sky, mika feels her own wings start to spread. feathery flames on the verge of taking flight. [break][break]

even if it's violent, even if it hurts, even if mika would rather hide from it all, or hide the ones she loves from the sight of it all, she'll face it head-on. she'll face it head-on, and when the time comes to remember this day, to remember the shadows at her heels and the way they spring to life in front of her— [break][break]

she won't shy away. [break][break]

NOTES

• word count: --

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
222 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
chasing that feeling
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 7:32:12 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

BIRTH BY SLEEP

mika opens the gift. she had done everything she could up until this point. she had the support of others, she even had a version of to hold onto. [break][break]

now, as she opens this gift, she finds that even their ghosts are gone, the friends from before fading as light, mika returning to a place unknown. [break][break]

when their eyes open again, they are no longer in the castle, in some nebulous space with people and pokemon. instead, they're standing in front of a quiet shrine, autumn leaves crunching underfoot, the smell of agarwood incense drifting through the air. she knows this place, she thinks. she remembers. [break][break]

ecruteak city, johto. the birth place of her mother, and her mother's mother before that. a distant legacy, shrine maidens forever standing as divine silhouettes against the horizon. sunlight scattering through rust-red leaves, through the gaps of trees. [break][break]

afternoon sun threatening to bleed into evening. [break][break]

at their side, their mother's voice rings out true. do you see that, mika? look. [break][break]

the mika now nods her head, memories flooding back to her, the words slipping out of her mouth unbidden. "i see it." [break][break]

an autumn sawsbuck, standing near the stairs to the shrine. crimson-colored leaves form a canopy over its head, regal and bright. striking. mika slowly approaches the creature, gentle and knowing. [break][break]

(in truth, she'd been a young girl when this happened, visiting her mother's family in ecruteak city and paying respects at a temple. and this sawsbuck had been there, standing still. staring. as if it knew mika, as if it knew her heart.) [break][break]

in reality, the sawsbuck is dead, and mika learns its fate after its body is discovered on the stairs a night later, her mother its unfortunate witness. but here, in this dream, he is alive, and mika reaches out a hand to it, voice crackling in her throat. [break][break]

"did you know, even back then? did you know that things would turn out like this?"[break][break]

the sawsbuck doesn't answer. he merely lowers his head, and mika reaches our to touch its branches, its delicate ears and strong nose. in dreams even the dead are living; even the lost. she nods at once, understanding the silent answer. [break][break]

in any case, she thinks, it's good to see you again. [break][break]

NOTES

• word count: --

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights