Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
Heart to Gold [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 17:51:28 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar

Sometimes Steven missed the old days. 
Back when phones didn't constantly nag you, buzzing on and on, all the while notifications flock to your screen whenever you look away for the slightest sliver of a second. Of course, back then he was like 10, and the only thing that really nagged him was his little sister, but still. Life was simpler.

Hoodie stretched over his head, fingers clamped around an enormous tree trunk, the listless buzzing of his phone was the last thing on his mind. 

With every additional second he balanced on the tree branch, another mightyena would join the pack below, fangs barred and eyes a piercing red. 

"What the hell did I do to you guys," he whispered, exasperated. One second he was running down the trail, looking for that damned skitty, and the next, he was up on this tree, hiding away from a pack of wolves. "Go away! Shoo!"

[/div]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Heart to Gold [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 19:31:47 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mikanakayama"]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

distorted dreams: pied pipers

something about the colder seasons in the year always invited misfortune. mika was especially cognizant of the various threats that existed throughout the region, and so when she received orders to investigate the case of missing pokemon near the petalburg area, she didn't bat an eye. [break][break]

she did, however, raise a brow at this new sight: a group of mightyena running towards a singular tree, very determined to claw their way to whatever was stuck at the top. the ranger summoned four pokemon to the field, each intimidating in their own right: a shiny dusk lycanroc, a hydreigon, a toxicroak, and a mawile. "scare them off," she ordered. "as harmlessly as possible." she emphasized for hydreigon, especially — the three-headed pokemon scoffing in response. [break][break]

all at once, mika's pokemon set upon the wild pack of wolves, scaring them away with their sheer strength and type advantages (especially toxicroak and mawile). when they were cleared out, mika stood beneath the tree, and glanced up at the man trapped up there. "are you okay? do you need some help getting down?" she gestured around them, then added on: "the mightyena are gone." [break][break]

[attr="class","mikanakayamaooc"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.mikanakayama]--accent:#596DB3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mikanakayama]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
Heart to Gold [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 19:55:25 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar
Suddenly, without any warning, the audience of snapping jaws and howling wolves dissipated. It happened so fast, it didn't even feel real. Like it was some trick the dogs were playing in order to get him to come down.

"You sure?"

A random voice - a woman, in the middle of the woods(?) - solidified the safety awaiting his descent. But could he trust her? Again, what if it was some trick? Some evil scheme set forth by his pals back at Slateport. Fuckers are probably laughing their asses off, if its them.

"Goddammit."

Rolling his head backward, Steven squeezed his eyes close and gave out a long sigh.

"I'm fine, just give me a sec."

It took no more than a few seconds for him to get off his ass and shimmy down the trunk. Years worth sports made shit like that easy, as long as there weren't any hordes of Pokemon ready to bite his ass on the way down.

"Thanks for the save."

Dim brown eyes rose upward to meet his newfound savior.

"Didn't know what I was gonna do back there."

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Heart to Gold [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2023 20:10:37 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

mika nodded wordlessly in response to the man's question. all was well, and those mightyena won't be coming back for him anytime soon. (unless they wanted another thorough beating from her pokemon, that is.) she waited patiently as he descended from the tree, recalling all of her pokemon except for the shiny dusk lycanroc. she didn't want him to feel crowded once he got down, after all. [break][break]

when they were face to face, she spared him a smile, quiet and small in its nature. "you're welcome. i'm glad i was able to help you, but you should probably be a little more careful when venturing this far out into the woods." she glanced to the air around them, pungent with autumn leaves and dew. "especially these days. i don't know if you've heard, but there are reports of pokemon disappearances in this area. i've been sent to investigate." [break][break]

ah, was that too much to explain to a man they'd only just met? mika blinked, then offered a more normal greeting, instead. "my name is mika, and i'm a ranger. do you need help going back to town at all?" what was he doing out here, anyway? was there a possibility that he'd been looking for the missing pokemon, too? in which case, mika could certainly use some help, but she wouldn't force anything on him if that happened to not be the case. [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.mikanakayama]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .tag"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:18px;font:800 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .post b"]font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mikanakayama .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
Heart to Gold [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 4:29:22 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar
Most of what she said was lost to him.
Yada yada don't go into the woods. Yada yada it's dangerous, especially with only a group of baby pokemon as your roster.

He's heard it all before.

"Steven."

Wielding his index and middle fingers like knives, he offered the ranger a silent salute. Much else had been lost to the lecture she gave him.

"Nah, I'm good. No need to waste your time on me."

He looks back towards the path he'd been taking. The same path the alleged poke thief was at. 

"Well, uh, thanks again for the save. See ya around."

And then, without warning, he twisted his body and made way toward that same damned path. The path she would be taking, if it hasn't been for the mightyena.
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Heart to Gold [DD]
POSTED ON Oct 17, 2023 18:04:46 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

steven, hmm? he seemed rather eager to be on his merry way, and while mika would normally not mind cutting the conversation short, there was no denying that fate had other plans. much like how a slowpoke's tail would get chopped off yet the slowpoke continued onward, so did mika when pursuing this trail further, despite steven's hesitation to be near her. [break][break]

she began walking in the same direction, herself, a quiet sigh escaping their lips. "well, steven, it looks like we're heading the same way." everything was a touch awkward now, but there was no helping it. "if you're going after the source of the disappearances, then you should know i can't leave you alone in good conscience." [break][break]

but they wouldn't make this any harder than it needed to be. other than that brief acknowledgement, mika was fine to pay more attention to her own pokemon — komainu brushing up against her legs as they walked. "but you don't seem like a ranger. are you missing one of your pokemon?" [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
Heart to Gold [DD]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2023 21:41:56 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar

"well, steven, it looks like we're heading the same way."

If she weren't pretty, those words would've been hell on earth. They still are, in a way.

Swiping away the grimace that threatened to crawl up his face, Steven directed his attention forward, out toward the winding path and arching branches. Even if he didn't want to admit it, having a ranger stuck onto him had some benefits. Namely, all dangers were reduced like crazy, allowing him to feel more confident with his pursuits. Less I'm-going-to-die and more I-might-not-die.

"Shit, disappearances?"

He feigned a look of brief shock, then sought out his belt.

"Uh, I don't think so?"

His fingers lightly tapped at the pokeballs fastened to his hip. For each one, he silently mouthed out the count.

"Nope, still got 'em here."

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
Heart to Gold [DD]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 17:20:58 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","tag"]

he seemed fine to have her at his side, and for that, mika was grateful. the path wound its way into scenery that could be called picturesque, if mika didn't know about the difficulties lying ahead. more likely than not, she hoped she'd find something to do with the missing pokemon, because a leisurely walk wasn't going to cut it. [break][break]

at his reaction towards the mention of missing pokemon, the ranger was equal parts relieved and surprised: relieved that steven hadn't lost any of his pokemon, and surprised that he hadn't heard about these rumors. but all the better, mika thought. it would save her some trouble down the road. [break][break]

"good. whatever is behind the disappearances doesn't seem nice, in any case." they were prepared to protect any and all pokemon and civilians, though, even the witty steven. [break][break]

snap! a loud crunching noise resonated, and mika paused. "wait," she told him. "something's here with us."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Cappytain

Steve
he/him
Twenty-one
June 9th
Twinleaf
demisexual
Secretary/Office boy
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
29 posts
part of
TAG WITH @steven
Steven Campbell
Heart to Gold [DD]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 21:42:41 GMT
Steven Campbell Avatar

The sudden crack siphoned out more than a sudden jump of fear. Annoyance ran its fingers down Steven's face, tilting his brows and lips downward.

If those mightyenas came back just to fuck with them....

"Got any suggestions on what to do?"

If she hadn't noticed, the guy wasn't a fighter. Far from it, actually. Unless this beast was another guy or a cuddly little pokemon, neither Steven nor his team of baby Pokémon would be able to do shit against it.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights