Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 17:48:20 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
True to Freya's word, she got to feed the dragons.

“You guys are NUTS,” she said, gently pushing back hordes of babies and youngsters with the toe of her boot as she dragged around a cart of meat in various forms. “Back, you monsters, back!”

It was important to make sure everyone got their share. There were rules about who got what and how much, because dragon metabolisms were fucky. The ones who could breathe fire needed more but also sometimes less… but also, she was not to reward laziness or weakness. They had to put up at least a little fight.

“Who needs this many dragons!” she groused, while definitely smiling, because she wanted this many dragons.

notes
bond bridge

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 4:59:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
they're near ever grande, using the haven and had built for rayquaza when they were recovering. rather than see it empty, freya had leapt at the chance of using the ample space for her dragons. hell, she even had a small list of staff to help her maintain them. 

it isn't her estate. it isn't sootopolis. but it's more than she's had in years.

the penned area ana walks through contains the most docile. mythril and inari's newest clutch of bagon trip over each other, snarling, to get at the cart. 

ripjaw follows at freya's heels. the zweilous has only recently evolved and half of freya's attention is given to the irritable creature at all time while she leads it about. 

"i'm just glad this place is big enough to house so many of them," she says by way of greeting. ripjaw tugs at freya's leather boots with one of its heads. the other snaps its beaky snout against its twin and chirps. 

"you feeling confident with the hatchlings?"
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 14:59:16 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
‘Docile’, it turns out, has a very different meaning when it comes to hungry newborn dragons.

Starscream falls in amongst the newborns. Where she’d hoped her Bagon’s slightly advanced age and mental acuity might prove a boon and buffer, it turns out instincts will win every time. You can take the dragon out of the ecological web, but you’ll never take the ecological web (and the desire to fight, eat, survive out of the dragon).

So there’s a slightly bigger, slightly greener Bagon salivating and snapping at her boots.

“They’re fine,” she says with a handwave in the same way someone might apologize for their snarling, growling dog when it’s mouth is around your neck. “Just excited. I’d rather it be dragon babies than human babies any day.” And she is, to her credit, holding her ground quite well, and is seemingly unbothered by the gnashing mass of teeth that threaten her fingertips.

She gets distracted offering up portions to the infants. “Here’s your bit, now move on with your life, thank you. Who's next? Screamer, you don’t even LIVE here.”

notes
bond bridge

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 3:57:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she has guts, but freya hadn't expected any different. she'd had guts back when she was someone else, staring daggers at her and cutting her teeth on her own instability. wishing, deeply, that it was her blood dripping from lyune's maw rather than the limp neck of her hydreigon. 

ripjaw nips at the back of freya's leg again and freya snaps her fingers, shuffling a couple steps to the right to avoid the irate creature. but it follows stubbornly, changing course only upon catching the scent of the meat as it's being doled out. 

freya reaches and tugs on one of its elongated feathers, nudging it back to her side. "that's not for you. it'll just upset your tummy." though now it's an omnivore, ripjaw's only recently evolved and still doesn't have the stomach for the tough cuts ana's throwing out to the bagon. 

her lips twinge. "starscream can stay as long as she wants. it'll be good for her."

ripjaw crows violently and lashes out, cutting a thin ribbon on the side of freya's arm. she hisses in surprise, but bats away the other incoming head, a "what's gotten into you?" before one of the few other assistants runs up to her, panting. 

"councilwoman, the eggs are hatching." recluse and wolfe's clutch.

her eyes light up. "take over miss fell's duties please. ana, come, come," she says and hops the fence, reaching for a mostly clean towel in her back pocket to wrap around her arm. 
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 14:35:53 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Somewhere along the way she’d lost the bit of her that did most of her critical thinking, and once she’d lost and replaced her arm, successfully, the bounds of her corporeal form became replaceable, too.

Ankles were just tricky.

“She’s always been kind of a nightmare,”
Ana says, but her voice is fond as she pats a bloody hand against the Bagon’s crest, leaving an imprint of it in red. Starscream has always been worthy of her name, for sure.

She’s distracted from her thoughts as Freya cries out in pain and she jumps over the small horde of baby dragons to be at her side (the springload on her foot and ankle hold up nicely. Excellent job, her). But instead of doom and gloom Freya’s eyes light up and then she’s being whisked off for new adventures.

“Never a dull moment,” she says, grinning and full of excitement, wiping her own gory hands on her pants. “More babies? Baby babies?”

notes
bond bridge

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 22:15:13 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

to starscream's credit, bagon usually are. ana's in particular, though, is a handful, and that's coming from freya, self-proclaimed queen of godsdamned salamence. the bloody imprint on her face makes her already formidable figure look outright terrifying and the youngest of the newest bagon shuffle away from her, scampering away with their share of the meat in their jaws. 

"baby babies," freya says, absolutely elated. 

the parent hydreigons have been led away, enticed with bloodied meat and then coaxed into their pokeballs. an egg handler is in the nest and looks up as freya approaches. 

"have they pipped yet?" she asks, though she can see for herself - slits are visible on the top of each egg, save for one. ripjaw hisses at her side and freya withdraws the pokemon's ball to return it. 

no sense taunting the zweilous with its tasty newborn brother and sisters.

"deino are neat. their egg horns are at the top of their heads," she says to ana. "we call them cowlicks. rather than nose out like most of the other broods, they kind of...well, do that." one of the egg ruptures and a slimy head bursts up, head thrown back out of its shell.

"in the wild, they'd tear each other apart to survive. that one would probably eat its brothers and sisters before they hatched on their own." her lip quirks. "we still had wild breeding practices with a few of our salamence, back when my parents still ran the estate."
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 16:54:30 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She follows in Freya’s wake, buoyed along by the updraft of excitement rising off the woman in waves.

It all feels a little Jurassic Park, coming to the side of the nest and seeing the faint smattering of eggshells from where the wee ones had poked small pip holes in their containers.

She’s trying to listen intently but the facade is broken with a giddy shriek of glee as one wet, slimy head hadouken’s forth into the world; she hurries to cover her mouth to conceal the squeal, not wanting to alarm the newborns.

“Oohhhh, they’re like little aliens. I love ‘em.”

It made sense, from a biological standpoint. “I read a book about dragons like that once. A fantasy book, but.” She knew it was frequently just mammals and mammalian-aligned Pokemon that had weird pseudo-societal rules about cannibalism. Lots of Pokemon did it, and it was fine.

She was not trying to handwave cannibalism, of course, but still, it made sense. Culling the weak while recycling energy for the strong. Nothing went to waste. It was all very neat.

“Very Githyanki of you. Do you still do that or are the slowbros gonna get a chance to join the party, here?”

notes
bond bridge
how many pop culture references can i shove into one post the answer might surprise you

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 23:51:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"i can't remember the last time i had time to sit and read a good book," she admits. gods, had it been back when she was a child? she remembers the summers spent at the cliffside cottage, nose in whatever epic fantasy she could get her hold on. but after her training became more serious, she turned more towards auto-biographies and local publishings from sootopolis. 

she picks her way into the nest. one of the handlers steps out of her way and she stoops, grabbing the gooey alien-looking dragon up in her arms like it's the most natural thing in the world. it turns its head, hissing lowly, but freya has more than enough dragon scent on her to confuse her with its mother and father. 

it settles against her chest as she steps back over to ana. 

"no, we'll separate them. these little guys are going to be league property. most of them anyway. we kept the old practices alive for the salamence - my father's breed of choice. lyune was the champion of his brood centuries ago, supposedly."

she holds out the sticky baby, suddenly...shy. "but anyway, this one is yours."
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 16:12:50 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
She wants to tell Freya that she should really try to slow down and read more; it’s been super beneficial to her own mental health. But it sounds real preachy in her head and, besides, there’s more interesting things happening at the mo.

“We should go to the library together,” is what she says, sort of offhand. “I think I have some books that need returnin’ anyway.”

She frowns a little bit at League property. “What does that mean? Will they get given out to trainers or, like… used as cannon fodder?”

You can take the girl out of Rocket but you can’t take the anticapitalist anarchaian taproot out of the girl.

She is treated to a brief flash of Lyune in her mind’s eye, blue and red and red and red and--

“Wh--what, wait,” she hovers her hands over the mucous-covered hatchling-- it flails a little bit, suddenly floating in the air-- “seriously? For me?” Gently, she scoops her arms underneath it, pulling it to her chest. It squeaks indignantly, suddenly pulled away from the warm dragon-scent, and latches its mouth onto her arm, teeth clanking against metal.

“Aww, I think it likes me.”

notes
bond bridge
how many pop culture references can i shove into one post the answer might surprise you

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,660 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 4:29:55 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

the library. oh, if she had time for a casual stroll through the library. she does, really, with how many hours are spent in a stasis, staring at the wall in lieu of sleeping. 

"they'll be leased primarily to the rangers to fulfill a variety of mundane tasks. the strongest will fortify league strongholds, yes, but i don't raise cannon fodder, ana," she says with an indignant sniff. 

annoyances aside, her smile grows when ana takes it into her arms. her heartbeat thrums in her chest and she parts her lips to apologize for back then, but is swiftly reminded that ana may not even remember the back then. to her, this may just be a gift, rather than an apology.

"then it has good instinct," she says and gives the little one an affectionate pat on the head. "you'll be in good hands," she adds to it, fingers scritching wet, feathery fur. 
close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
awards
1,318 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 20:03:57 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
“Right,” she says, thoroughly chastised but not really caring, subsumed by the infant in her arms as it teethes on her metal arm. Of course Freya wouldn’t be lending out lambs for the slaughter. Dragons were the opposite of lambs, really.

She holds the sloppy thing close to her chest, full of love.

“Thank you, Freya.”

notes
bond bridge

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
drackonack ridge [c]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 1:44:59 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: