awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
unearth
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 18:17:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] the cave of origin is a sacred place that even fernando understands the importance of. what he washes up to folklore and a bad game of telephone is what many base their religion on. he understands the teachings of the events and the scientific basis for it but even that is a draw in the dark. stories are laced with inept explanations for phenomenon that people cannot understand. he thinks this but makes no mention of it to his partner, .

the pair have long entered the cave, cleared by their league credentials, and continue to descend into the basin's depths. "do you think this has any relation to mossdeep or, more importantly, can prevent another?" fernando keeps his silph scope wrapped around his head as he records their adventure into the deep. "i can't imagine it but you're the expert here."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
unearth
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 19:35:52 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
more than anything, persephone wants to say yes. that the solution to the wormhole phenomenon is inscribed, not even in braille but in plain language, on the walls. but her optimism is tempered by harsh reality and unsettling memories of the ordeal that re-play themselves on the back of her eyelids when she closes her eyes.

her voice sounds strangely distant and almost too calm when she speaks.

"the pokemon revered here are those connected to the land or sea. you know, physical manifestations of these spaces." persephone hesitates before continuing, taking a moment to cross her arms across her chest almost defensively against the chill of the cave.

"what was seen at mossdeep... didn't seem natural to me, fernando."

she hears a note of desperation in her voice when she says his name aloud, and it just seems so pathetic.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
unearth
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 20:29:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] persephone answers him with what he already knows. his eyes narrow behind his visor and he feels nothing but defeat. he would rather deal with the titans of kyogre and groudon than the invaders of mossdeep. at least they have some record in history. from that he can surmise some type of expectations, create some counter measure whether it stem from observation or through the myths chiseled into the cavern's walls.

what he requires is substance, something tangible that he can work around and work towards. left in the dark is a feeling that leaves him hopeless and dangerously slothful. he cannot prepare for what he does not understand. and here in the dark, fernando does not understand who he is or what his next plan of action is.

"then perhaps it's time to awaken the beasts and bring hoenn's best defense back to the front lines."

he muses the thought aloud only because he trust her. most of his comment is said in jest, hidden under the same monotone seriousness he always carries about him, but surely persephone would know that such an endeavor will spell impossible.

unless...?

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
unearth
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 15:06:59 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
persephone turns to fernando with a wry smile, lips parted for a moment before she speaks.

"imagine it for a moment," persephone murmurs softly, eyes glittering. "those beasts buried in the earth or drowned in the ocean."

she raises her head to follow the cave's etchings with her gaze as far as she could in the gloom, reaching out a gloved hand to trace her fingertips along the wall as they walked.

the mention of it is enough to bring her back there.

what she felt in mossdeep - simultaneously vision, dream and veridical hallucination - stirs at the back of her mind, sharp like a pin-prick. persephone remembers the way esoteric water flowed around her lucario as though it were a scene from scripture and finds herself slowing in pace, nails digging into the palms of her hands.

suddenly self-conscious, persephone straightens and hopes fernando hadn't noticed her hesitation of going deeper into the cave. she changes the subject with a wry smile.

"remember my grandmother? rhea? i wonder what she would say about how diluted we've become."

the implication is clear; rhea barely accepted her daughter bringing in a foreign boy, and she balked when the morningstars adopted a foreign girl. she wouldn't have accepted a foreign family assuming their history either.

persephone believes herself to be open to those of all walks of life, unless...?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
unearth
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2019 18:00:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] he does. fernando allows his imagination to get the best of him and instantly regrets it. legendary pokemon, no matter how minor in stature, compound into a growing pain of variables that could disturb the status quo. team rocket was fine, once upon a time. they were artificial, mortal, used to propel himself into a seat of systematic embellishment. these days, nothing is certain and that creates an alternative path to the man who has everything.

once the peak has been conquered, the status quo becomes a paradise. anything that dares intrude must be handled. no exceptions.

"..."

fernando is lost in his own thoughts, troubled by a predicament that has yet to reveal itself. persephone's lagging attention is overlooked if only because he has to come to term with his own demons. they pale in comparison but they are still his own, however feeble.

"she would probably hate us."

a chuckle breaks the tension and fernando puts a serious consideration into the recollection. from what memories he can piece together, rhea was both a gracious woman yet one filled for scorn for that which she disapproved of. going against tradition was one of them. ignoring the past was another.

"i can hear her nagging already."

fernando turns around to look back at her, the top half of his face hidden behind the scope. "i'd like to think she'd accept me when i told her i'd give the world to you even if it was begrudgingly." his smile is as dim as the lighting but reminiscing always brings a grim joy to him. he makes no mention of her mother, turning back around to delve further into the cave.