6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
sky: after dark
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 15:46:24 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he wouldn't classify whatever he was doing to be patrolling the skies. instead, he'd rather call it a joy ride.

riding atop an aerodactyl, he wanders around in search for something that might catch his interest. the objective of the league wasn't on his mind, but he supposed it would work in their favor in the end if he gets to delay rocket operations.

boredom potentially comes to a halt when he spots movement on the corner of his eye.

kyle doesn't intent to approach first, and gives the first move to whoever was around. of course, an encounter was inevitable between them. pretending not to notice, he decides only to chase after him if he was ignored.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
in the low lamplight i was free, heaven and hell were words to me
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 16:24:46 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nornery"]
[attr="class","text"]With Ziadem out of action he had to resort to his second-favorite flier. Despite this, he’d still rather be in the sky than on the ground, any day.
[break][break]
Much of Rocket’s real-and-true offensive had, characteristically, shattered into a million fucking pieces; the real power hitters were absorbing much of the attention at the center of the action, while the rank-and-file grunts, like yours truly, were freewheeling and taking potshots at any League operatives they could find.
[break][break]
Weaponized chaos.
[break][break]
He clocked about the same time Kyle clocked him, though he didn’t know who it was he was about to go toe-to-toe with. Sliding his hand back along Petra’s neck, he pulled the Aerodactyl up through a banking cloud till he was level with the other rider.
[break][break]
They flew like that, through darkness and clouds, for a bit. It was kind of peaceful.
[break][break]
Then Onyx reverted to his number one skyfighting technique and threw a Pokeball at the enemy Aerodactyl; a Froakie was launched forward, aiming to sticky-cling to the other dinosaur’s wings.
[break][break]
The battle’d begun.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

aerodactyl out. throws a froakie at kyle. [break]
brought a frog to a gun fight officer

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nornery]--accent:#9B1C47;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nornery]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2023 14:49:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the froakie's presence gets known the moment it latched on the aerodactyl's wing.

the flying-type starts to panic, unable to predict that it would gain an additional passenger. it starts to fly erratically following the invasion of the froakie, causing its flying to turn turbulent.

at that moment, he recalls his aerodactyl back to its ball. kyle starts to freefall from the sky, dropping from the great height alongside the smaller water-type.

"do you think your trainer will save you?" he asks the froakie as winds buffet them during their fall.

this was rocket. they're less of a mixed bag than league is, but the polarity between their members are much bigger than the ones on his side of the war.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 15:37:28 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nornery"]
[attr="class","text"]The Froakie didn’t think much of anything. It had a very small, undeveloped brain, and up until now Onyx hadn’t paid it much attention. It was just, simply, another piece of cannon fodder he’d stuffed in his Pokeball belt in order to sow some chaos.
[break][break]
It flails and grips with its sticky feet as the Aerodactyl’s even flight pattern disintegrates, and then is gone completely. It looks into Kyle’s eyes as they plummet into freefall, blinking with the squeak-sounding Spongebob blink effect.
[break][break]
Then, as though the realization of what was happening hit it at a thousand MPH, it began to thrash about, squeaking in terror and throwing itself forward to try and bounce off Kyle’s face.
[break][break]
Onyx circles above, peering down, curious as to where this social experiment will go.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

aerodactyl out. throws a froakie at kyle. [break]
brought a frog to a gun fight officer

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.nornery]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nornery .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2023 15:11:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there was no backup from the pokemon's trainer.

kyle doesn't mind much when it uses his face as a bounce board, though he also doesn't mind when he gets his aerodactyl back out of its ball.

the champion grabs its leg when it comes out. a strong flap of its wings were enough to blow the froakie away from kyle, throwing it off in the air without any foothold in the air.

"do you know where it's trainer is?" he asks his pokemon. it looks up. "fire a hyper beam."

kyle initiates the encounter this time. it wasn't fun being made fun of from a distance in any case.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 20:49:23 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nornery"]
[attr="class","text"]Aranai does little damage, using Kyle’s face as a springboard. She does leave a solid frog footprint on his cheek, in any case.
[break][break]
Onyx watches the Leaguer do some fucking anime shit where it looked like he stopped time between animation frames.
[break][break]
Aranai goes screaming away. Onyx clicks his tongue. “Let’s go get her.”
[break][break]
Petra’s chuckle sounds like rocks grinding together. She couches her wings and dives-- the hyper beam booming loudly through the air clips her tail and messes with her balance, sending her askew, wings flailing in the air.
[break][break]
Onyx sighs and lets go, plummeting for a bit. He crosses his arms and taps his feet against nothing… really Wil E. Coyote shit.
[break][break]
Eventually, Petra swoops down to collect him, smoke rising off of her singed hind end. He knocks his heels into her and she charges at Kyle, ice-cold energy brewing between her teeth.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

aerodactyl is hit by hyper beam and uses ice fang [break]
froakie is still falling

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 6:30:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the ice fang is met by the aerodactyl's wing attack, sacrificing balance to defend his trainer.

the fossil pokemon throws its wings to take the attack instead, before finishing the swing to throw them away from them and create distance. it screeches as the frostbite permeates through its wings, but they have other problems to face before nursing the wing back.

"this is why i don't use you in battles," he berates his pokemon his pokemon. "you can't just cry when things don't go our way."

it does seem like it was too much for the pokemon. it did force itself to move after the previous attack while recharging.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2023 21:41:55 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nornery"]
[attr="class","text"]Far, far below, Aranai has one last moment of panic before she hits the water from such a height that it kills her on impact. Oops.
[break][break]
Onyx’s Aerodactyl bites Kyle’s Aerodactyl, teeth meeting through purple wing membranes and delivering sharp shards of frost straight to semi-fragile wing bones. In turn, the wing attack smacks Petra in the face, knocking her head back and leaving a long scratch over one eye.
[break][break]
The two pterodactyls are forced apart. A glutton for punishment, Onyx puts his heels to Petra’s sides, urging her forward with another ice fang.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

aerodactyl is hit by wing attack and uses ice fang [break]
froakie is ded

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2023 17:45:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
pain, injury and fatigue was one thing. having one of his wings get clipped as frost start to cover most of it was another.

it tries its best to flap its wings to remain airborne, but every factor adds up eventually for the pokemon's downfall. despite its effort, the aerodactyl exhaust itself and drops from the clouds.

"i should train more flying-types," he mutters to himself as he recalls the aerodactyl back to its ball.

ho-oh appears to replace it, appearing underneath kyle to catch it before it falls further down. it stops and stares up the rocket afterwards to gauge its reaction after showing the aerodactyl's replacement.

50 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.
10 MP for knocking out/killing another character and/or their Pokemon.
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out.

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 0:21:08 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nornery"]
[attr="class","text"]He’s taking his fair share of beatings, in this span of days and just, in general, during his lifetime. So he’s not about to give up the chase (and what looks like a win) when the Aerodactyl buckles and falls. He presses a hand to Petra’s neck, urging her downward.
[break][break]
falls through a bank of clouds, and disappears from sight for about seven seconds as Onyx drops and follows.
[break][break]
His vision goes white for a moment.
[break][break]
Then the sky opens up and he’s staring down a fucking Ho-oh.
[break][break]
His eyebrows go up. The breath goes from his lungs. Something akin to electricity sluices through his veins, and he realizes it’s excitement-- real, actual excitement (that is not based) for the first time in a long time.
[break][break]
“Well, shit.”
[break][break]
He also realizes, somewhat belatedly, that Petra’s downward momentum has left them somewhat of a pair of sitting ducks. And they’re still dropping.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

this was so cinematic in my head and also easily top 3 onyx moments [break]
so anyway aero started blastin

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 16:54:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there was a chance for him to retreat, but the engagement happened regardless.

"i'm trying really hard to hold back," he tells the rocket, "but you have to blame the florist for this."

for the residents of hoenn, the glow from the ho-oh is all too familiar- one that they show when they start expending the energy needed for a z-move.

z-move: gigavolt havoc. the ho-oh fires off a large bolt of lightning at the flying-type and its trainer. it was essentially stress relief, something that kyle usually kept contained but has slowly leaked out thanks to intervention. constraint has wavered after has sent him out in berserk.

he leaves onyx to his fate before he takes off, perhaps to go look for more things to break. with his ho-oh, he turns to where clouds of interdream mist start to form.

60 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission.
20 MP for knocking out/killing another character and/or their Pokemon.
10 MP use a z-move in your thread.
10 MP for incorporating INTERDREAM MIST or spawning PARADOX POKEMON.
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out.
100 MP for completing a RT Mission.
50 MP for participation in a RT Battle/Mission.
200 MP for "winning" a RT Battle/Mission.

TOTAL 500 MP

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
awards
613 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 14:50:58 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nornery"]
[attr="class","text"]I’m trying really hard to hold back, but you have to blame the florist for this.
[break][break]
Onyx has no idea what any of that means. He just knows he’s staring down the rainbow-colored barrel.
[break][break]
The only thing that saves him is Petra. She flares her wings so hard the tendons tear, and while she doesn’t manage to get them out of the way, she does put herself between trainer and lightning bolt. The gigantic zap knocks her out instantly, savagely burning the underside of her body and filling the clouds with the scent of scorched earth.
[break][break]
Onyx feels it, too, traveling up his legs and thighs, setting his blood alight. Through some stroke of luck, he manages to stay conscious, and it’s only because he’s oft practiced switching mounts in freefall that he manages to do so before hitting the ground.
[break][break]
So, he survives. His brain is slightly addled, he hurts everywhere, and he keeps having uncontrolled twitches that make him look like a tweaking addict… but he’s alive. For all the good that’s worth.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

I TAKEA THE L THANK YOU FOR THREAD was super fun[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,355 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 0:09:20 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MP THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: