awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 12:03:47 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was not expecting to stay behind at Alto Mare, but that happened, and so he would make the trip back to Hoenn alone this time.

Who knew that of the two, only one would come back?

He had to quash down the thoughts of him being the last Anderson standing again as he made his way over to the Pokémon League offices.

(No longer having the burden of a title accorded him a lot more free time as of late, which was nice.)

He’d already taken several people to Shoal Cave to try and explain the problem of the situation that he was faced with… all met with disastrous results.

(Hell, he wasn’t sure if bringing along to Shoal Cave was going to be a good idea considering how the trips with , , and had panned out. Scary-ass shit.)

Maybe this had something to do with the infinity energy that an avatar had in overwhelming quantities or something? He wasn’t too sure.

Either way, he was outside the Commissioner’s office, waiting to be allowed entry.

(If he was even still allowed entry in here. He wasn’t too sure, especially what happened after everyone had gone nuts trying to kill that Suicune-adjacent beast underground.)

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 9:59:54 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
lars is not ringed in. rather, the commissioner greets him herself, blonde locks emerging through the widening gap between the door and door frame.[break][break]

"come in!" she says. "good to see you, laurence."[break][break]

the commissioner holds the door open to a quaint yet distinguished office swathed in neutral browns and taupe. a brocade sofa looks over a small coffee table graced by a small bowl of fruit.[break][break]

she beckons for him to take a seat as he enters.[break][break]

"to what do i owe the pleasure of this visit today?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-stoutland"]

[newclass=".dahlia"]--accent:#d5a73d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/qjcL3ZQ/dahlier.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .dahlia blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .dahlia blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 18:28:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There were suspicions in the back of his mind, that were dispelled momentarily when the door swung open and the face of ye olde good commissioner™ appeared from behind the crack of the door opening.

“I can say the same for you,” he began with an acknowledging head tilt as he slipped inside the room before closing the door behind him.

…was it just him or was there a muted kind of… aura hanging around the place? Either way, he would take a seat on the sofa; never mind if the lack of color in the room threw him off for a few moments or so.

(Then again, the now-vacant office he owned in Lilycove was similar to this, only that place had a distinct smell of vanilla because of him and his stress-vaping tendencies.)

Right, he was here for that.

“A few things, really. First off, my cousin isn’t coming back to Hoenn, at least for the foreseeable future—in case you might be looking for her.”

A few moments of silence pass, before he lets the actual reason for the visit slip.

“The other reason I came here is because of… what you mentioned to me during the time we were all underground, dealing with that… I’m not sure if you can call it a Pokémon, either.”

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 4:46:08 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
dahlia allows the silence to pass. there is not much to say, not much to offer, save for a saccharine frown and a nod of knowing; to be unaware of elinor's whereabouts would be folly, especially when treading through the fluid tides of war.[break][break]

"utilizing the resources of the aqua initiative?" she asks. "for articuno, yes?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".dahlia"]--accent:#d5a73d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/qjcL3ZQ/dahlier.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .dahlia blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .dahlia blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 13:39:42 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“That would be the long and short of it, yes.”

Straight, and to the point. Normally he would like to beat around the bush a little bit, but this time he was going to go attack the problem right at the source.

“What option, or options should there be more than one, do you have available?”

Seeing as the back of his head had been silent for far too long—almost a year to the day when the meteor almost wiped the entire world out of existence—things hadn’t been too hot.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 0:56:31 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"learning from others who have healthy bonds with their patrons would be a start, laurence." the commissioner takes a seat too, legs crossed, hands folded neatly over her lap. "that is partially the reason why you're in the initiative after all."[break][break]

she cultivates a purposeful pause—unless the man before her disrupts it.[break][break]

"have you learned from any other avatar in aqua?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 17:28:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Not at the moment, though,” he admitted.

Out of most everyone who was part of the AQUA Initiative, who could he ask? He was the only one who had a particularly… chatty legendary companion out of everyone he could think of, so that put him in a weird position.

“I’ve contacted previously, however at the moment I believe they may be busy. I’ve considered contacting her again once she’s not too overwhelmed with work.”

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 0:59:43 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"we have offered a plethora of resources to use, laurence anderson. wisdom, knowledge, people, facilities and resources." [break][break]

the commissioner crosses her arms as if to hold herself together lest the disbelief burst from her breast.[break][break]

"if you only made the effort to contact a single figure, then have you really thought about your options?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 17:14:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was… extremely tempted to snap at her, let the infamous Anderson temper rise to the surface and take control (or maybe spin out of control) but fact of the matter was…

“I’m aware everyone who was present at the first meeting saw what happened to the one who came before me… to Senri. Not everyone fully knows what the energy Legendary Pokémon share with their human champions really does to those who are in constant contact with it asides from our Science department, correct?”

He let the silence stew for a few moments before he continued.

“I’ve read their report and taken a look at the data available with it. However, I still need help understanding it because it’s all scientific. Not everyone can easily understand what their minds can comprehend.”

Another beat of silence.

“I’ve taken a few others down to Shoal Cave as well, like and . However, we had to leave earlier than expected because I have to watch out for their well-being. They’re not… they’re not immune to the cold like I am. Safety, and all.”

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 18:03:04 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"the issue is that you are approaching this with a scientific lens." [break][break]

the commissioner shakes her head, a golden curl falling to grace her cheek.[break][break]

"but this is a dilemma of relationships. the relationships between you and your colleagues and the relationship between you and articuno."[break][break]

she leans forward and presses her elbows against her knees. blue eyes stare straight at the former head ranger, locking him in so that her message flies true.[break][break]

"to be frank, you are difficult to work with. you are grumpy. you have a temper. you are secretive and keep things to yourself." the commissioner says. "you have not learned from your colleagues and you have not learned from articuno."[break][break]

dahlia straightens herself. folds her hands on her lap as if to anchor herself too.[break][break]

"if you do not work on your relationships with your colleagues, how can you possibly work on your relationship with articuno?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 19:16:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Grumpy? Not without reason!

(See: what remained of his family, for one. Who knew what was up to these days.)

He was not going to remark about his temper because cousin dearest knew about that all too well—but only with family, only with family that he cared about.

Secretive? …he had his reasons why that was so. Could anyone blame him for trust issues that stemmed from way back in his childhood...

“I get along with fellow Rangers fine and most others I work with, however… is it wrong to hold people at arm’s length before they have gained my trust?”

He fell silent.

“Due to… family issues from my youth, I’ve had difficulty easily trusting from the get-go, because I’ve seen trust broken, too,” before a quiet little sigh.

“And I know you must be aware that I am the only one who has a legendary patron that readily communicates their whims and thoughts to their human champion—however, it has been a year to the day since that… what caused the Silent Icelands to come into existence almost killed me and them.”

Another bout of silence.

“Yet I will continue to fight for the League, as needed. I trust that would not be an issue down the road?”

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 19:31:56 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"you can not use the poison of your past to ruin your fruitful future." the commissioner says. "at some point in our lives, we need to learn how to use our struggles, not as excuses, but as ways to grow."[break][break]

he's close. like shoal cave, perhaps the tide must recede for him to advance for him to progress.[break][break]

"communication comes in many different ways, laurence," she knows this and speaks in a tailored channel even now, "for each individual pokemon and each individual human."[break][break]

the commissioner allows the purposeful pauses; she hopes they provide reflective spaces as clear as ice.[break][break]

"your trust issues are the league's issues. your colleague's issues. if you do not exercise trust and camaraderie, how can you expect your peers to do the same for you?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 20:01:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I’ll try. This will take time, but I’ll try.”

There was no definite promise there, but an attempt.

“Trying is better than doing nothing at all, am I right?”

Another few moments of silence passed between them before he spoke again.

“You wouldn’t mind if I borrow other members of AQUA from time to time while I sort out this little problem I’m having with the Iceborne Mirage, then?”

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
605 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2023 6:03:12 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the commissioner allows the silence again. in case laurence had more to say, more to clarify.[break][break]

for the first time, she believes, laurence exercises the composure his legendary patron represents.[break][break]

"i don't want trying." dahlia says. "i want doing. and you can do it, lars. you can." [break][break]

she stands from her seat. [break][break]

"you've always been able to. be careful and do report back."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
a nibble [s][c]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2024 3:20:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: