Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Isaac's Plotter
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 20:26:49 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]So Who's This Clown?[break]
  • Short king, still working on the king part. Imposter syndrome still rears its ugly head.
  • Has grown from an unwanted bastard to a beloved friend, powerful trainer, and familiar face to many.
  • Outward chill and sarcasm hide an earnest, driven, and passionate man.
  • A jack of all trades that never backs down from a new challenge.
  • Hobbies include gardening, exploration, games of chance, motorbikes, fine food and drink, and Alolan-style pro wrestling.
  • Works smarter, not harder . . . until his stubbornness kicks in.
  • Doesn't care if the glass is half full or half empty. He'll fight for his right to a full glass!
  • Strong believer that the only fate worth fighting for is the one we make for ourselves.
  • No matter how hard life bends him (and BOY has it tried), refuses to break.
[break][break]

What's He Been Up To?[break]
  • Looking for his place in the world after escaping from Team Rocket's clutches.
  • Tending to the Petalburg Woods and the memories they left behind.
  • Working with the Rangers through their amnesty program.
  • Helping protect, guide, and encourage others taking that scary step away from Rocket.
  • Seeking to understand his bond with Suicune and the powers they've granted.
[break][break]

Wait, Suicune?[break]
  • Suicune saved his life as he fled Rocket. Now, they stand together.
  • Has been granted the title of The Liberator, and fights to break Hoenn's chains.
  • No master of one domain, but has a variety of abilities drawn from wind and water.
  • Suicune respects Isaac's drive and willpower, but is amused by his youth and unpredictability.
  • Suicune's appearances have been brief and enigmatic; it's up to Isaac to sink or swim.
[break][break]

The Rocket-Shaped Donphan in the Room[break]
  • Left Team Rocket, but only after a year of slowly-growing doubts and fears of what came next.
  • A friend's capture forced his hand; he chose them over Rocket, and was brutally kicked out in turn.
  • Guilt hangs over his head, both for what he did as part of Rocket and for those he left behind.
  • A strong believer that Rocket is a worse enemy to his fellow Grunts than the League could ever be.
  • Pushes for rehabilitation and understanding, but knows it is far from an easy road.
[break][break]

Friends and Foes (and So, So Many Shades of Grey)[break]
  • Once was a lone wolf, but realized quickly that he was a natural people magnet.
  • Tends to blow into peoples' lives by chance rather than seek them out.
  • Not above teasing and messing with his friends, but is also the first to show up in times of need.
  • Believes joys shared are doubled and sorrows shared are halved. Despite this, rarely opens up about his problems.
  • Believes that family is who you choose, not who you're stuck with.
  • Enemies are rare; mostly those who carelessly abuse and force their will upon others.
  • Even then, tries to understand where they're coming from, sometimes more than he should . . .
[break][break]

Dare I Say, Romance?[break]
  • Fears, with his exposure to Hoenn's secrets and the duties on his shoulders, he can never give a stable life.
  • Used to love coming at others' expense, and therefore gets nervous if shown too much of it.
  • Due to the above realizations and a recent breakup, is currently only looking for something casual.
  • Nonetheless, is secretly somewhat of a hopeless romantic.
[break][break]

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG — @ [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Isaac's Plotter
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2023 23:01:41 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
&

Their first meeting was definitely not on the best foot. The vigilante who attempted to kill his superior, only to accidentally throw one of Isaac's fellow underlings off of the Jagged Pass, to his death. Thomas has seen, over time, that Isaac was one of the misguided souls that got conned into Rocket. During a meeting in the Granite Cave, Thomas, as himself, implored Isaac to save his soul, before it was too late.

Whenever Thomas hears that Isaac got out, he'll be happy for him. At some point, Thomas will confess to Isaac that he was the vigilante who killed that other Grunt in front of him, and will allow him to take some revenge. After this, he will attempt to redeem himself to Isaac, in some capacity.

I know they're already in BMI, and could take on some missions together before Thomas confesses to him, but I'd love for Thomas to make it up to Isaac, and protect him.
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
Isaac's Plotter
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 19:41:24 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
&

Sure, Isaac's known Vanilla for only one mission or so, but the girl's a bit of a trooper as her track record shows!

Although She's still young and green to the hostile world of Hoenn, the girl never says away from any type of challenge or fight. Vanilla came from Hoenn close to a year ago in search for her father, a former Ranger Captain that went missing years ago. She's inherited his stubbornness and is deadset on finding him, even if naive.

I could see her and Isaac getting along well! They share a lot of the same characteristics and she definitely would ask for his help to become a better battler. More stuff they share hobbies with could be exploration and gardening. Vanilla's a good cook as well, so if he ever needs a hearty meal, she can totally provide!
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights