lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
dormant
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 20:48:45 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"marisol! can you come over here for a moment?" [break][break]

she's called again, for the xth time that day. the day has been busy, but mundane all the same. she's gotten used to watching people with minor injuries attend to the center, and has gotten used to the blood and gore. she's found, over the few years, that she should be okay with the smaller doses and in the presence of the regular. she'll be safe. they'll be safe. [break][break]

experience is important, especially for she who has so much under the light. she works hard, whether it be tending to patients or cleaning the rags. between disinfecting rooms, disposing of fluids to testing the blood or tending to the elderly - marisol has done almost everything she could without complaint. today is no different. [break][break]

rocket is a name that still scares doctors and nurses. rocket is a name that disgusts even the kindest of doctors, and so there are few coworkers. it doesn't surprise her that the people here aren't here by choice - save for her. [break][break]

there's a program for those who are reformed, but that doesn't alleviate any of that fear. her next patient is.. one isaac merlo. recently reformed. no major injuries, from what she's seen. [break][break]

"merlo?" she knocks on a door, before her hand pushes on a knob and into the room he's waiting in. "i apologize for the wait" her eyes glance at the clipboard "my name is marisol. i'll be your nurse."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

hello hello!!! i hope this is okay!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dormant
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 0:08:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]He'd tried to put it off for as long as possible. Sure, he was poisoned, but 's leg injury was much more important. So was all the other fallout of that happened in the wake of the Ursaluna incident. Besides, he could heal himself. Not by much, but it would surely be enough, right?[break][break]

The way he crumpled on the outskirts of Rustboro City made it clear that, no, it wasn't.[break][break]

By the time he came to in his hospital bed, there was already a knock on his door. "Merlo?" he asked, voice bleary, trying to piece together just who the voice was talking about. Wait. Right. That was his name! "Ah, don't gotta be so formal. Just Isaac's good."[break][break]

Less good was the dingier corner of the hospital he was in. Compared to Dewford, where ensured he'd gotten the royal treatment, it was clear he was put up in a less than ideal room. Nurses roamed the halls, but most of them barely gave this room notice. There were other beds, but they were run-down and rickety, while his was the only one filled.[break][break]

He had a feeling he could put 2 and 2 together and figure out why.[break][break]

"Great to meet ya, Marisol." If he'd been salty and envious over the poisoning before, by now that part had filtered out. Only the aches and pains were left behind. He did his best to look like he was casually lounging, but the hand he raised in a lazy wave was clearly a little strained. "So! How's this all gonna go?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
dormant
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 1:18:47 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

the state of the beds were terrible. [break][break]

the state of the room is deplorable. her fingers release the knob on the door, and she nearly cringes at the slightest squeak. had she the time, she'd oil it herself. don't the caretakers know that squeaky doors will keep the patients up? do they not know that they'll disturb them? or maybe they do, and they don't bother to fix it up. how frustrating. [break][break]

marisol takes another glance at the clipboard as she walks into the room. "isaac, then" a hand raises to gently adjust the frame of glasses against the bridge of her nose "we start with wellness questions, a quick check in, then you'll see a doctor." though taking a look at his complexion, she'd prefer to treat him herself. [break][break]

"that said, how are you feeling?" she asks, curtly, with that restrained, cold bite. she doesn't mean to sound like this. [break][break]

"nauseous? dizzy? aching and pain?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dormant
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 2:45:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The nurse was one tough cookie to get a read on. There was a gingerness to her actions, a curtness to her voice, and a frustrated disgust in her eyes. Which of these emotions was the core, which was the side effect, and which was the mask? It was almost impossible to decide.[break][break]

"Been better, been worse," he said, gingerly touching a head to his temple. The fact that this was actually true was kind of sad. No amount of poisoning could be as bad as nearly being torn to shreds by . "Mostly just really, really tired. But when the nausea's rearing its ugly head, hoo boy, I feel it."[break][break]

Urk. There came one of those moments right now. Isaac grit his teeth, his easygoing smile now taking a turn for the strained. Maybe he should've taken it easy after the mission like so many others did instead of charging off. This all probably would've cleared up on its own if he didn't insist on blasting off as soon as it was done.[break][break]

"Shouldn't be too much trouble for you. I bet if I sleep it off it's gonna be just fine." Even as his smile wavered, that confidence held firm behind it. He refused to let it waver, especially in such a vulnerable position.[break][break]

"How about you?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
dormant
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 3:13:03 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

of course he's been better. [break][break]

he has poison in his veins, though the majority of it had been cancelled with charcoal. even then, she doesn't know if the entire job had been done properly. marisol has seen worse cases, but negligence has always been a cold enemy of her wretched heart. "i'm alright, don't get up." [break][break]

instead, she comes to the bedside with eyes on the patient - though they only stray to get a bit of a look at the rickety bed. it was only barely passable, and she can't imagine that the mattress was comfortable as it should be. marisol has seen many hospital rooms and, though this was far from the worst, knowing it's intentional can make any professional's blood boil. [break][break]

she pulls a pen from the top of the clipboard, tugging the cap off between her teeth to jot notes and cross boxes. nausea and weakness, from what she can see, but she expects it from any poisoning victim. [break][break]

"you'll feel better after a doctor properly comes to see you." his attempt to lighten the mood falls short as an icy blue and lavender heterochromia raise to gauge his expression, and the color of his face. [break][break]

though after a short breath, she wears the slightest and forced smile. she has to try being friendly. [break][break]

".. are you cold in here? if you are, i can bring in more blankets."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dormant
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 4:10:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Just alright, eh?" "Alright" almost never meant alright, in Isaac's experience. He spread his arms out, as if emphasizing their surroundings. "Shame, really. Just look at this 5 star suite we're in. How could you not be having the time of your life?"[break][break]

Clearly, from Marisol's refusal to let her eyes wander, she didn't agree with his very sarcastic assessment.[break][break]

Instead, those iced over eyes were laser-focused on him. She wasn't the only one with a case of heterochromia. The brilliant pink hue to his left eye, perfectly matching Tapu Lele's scales, almost distracted from the scar that stretched down his eye. Almost. His own eyes were warm, a sparkle of cheeky mischief dancing behind them. How in the world could he be so chipper in a place like this?[break][break]

"Eh. Maybe." He wasn't sure if this was a doctor problem, a weird sort of Megalopian problem, or just a side effect of pushing his burgeoning powers too hard. Could tests even figure that kind of thing out? How had he not gone to a doctor's office before becoming some kind of speed demon magic man? "But don't sell your half of the deal short, either. Everyone's got a place."[break][break]

He was still working on finding his.[break][break]

At the mention of cold, he simply blinked in confusion. "Is it? Shit, I can't tell. If anything, it feels kinda hot." He looked around, as if trying to see where the nearest thermostat was. "Weird. I always sucked at dealing with the cold. Maybe after Lugia damn near froze me solid, it's just been hard to tell."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
480 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
dormant
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 3:09:50 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

ah, yes. [break][break]

this was the problem with avatars and the recent disasters; this was the problem with the sudden shifts in temperature, landscape and weather. in the same way it has affected the rangers and league members of high enough standing, it has also affected the citizens. it's too familiar when she starts thinking about the crying from the other hospital room, or the wails and whimpers that screech over the rolling wheels on tiled flooring. [break][break]

marisol appreciates the gesture, really. the small talk helps to take her mind off the gritty details, especially when she's always stuck in a box that's a breeding grounds for tragedy. when did it start feeling odd to have someone caring for the nurses and their effort? when did it start feeling odd to have someone talk so casually while she was on the clock, while she was pricking their skin with an IV, while she was wheeling them off under the knife? [break][break]

the first responders should have made sure that he wasn't in any immediate danger, so her anxiety doesn't speak for much. still, she would much rather be with the patient until another nurse dropped by - despite knowing that not many are willing to be in the same room as someone who was a member of rocket. how tiresome. [break][break]

"regardless, you shouldn't be left cold.." her eyes are obviously on the thin cloth they gave him. they hadn't even changed him into his patient clothing, although that was supposed to be her job. at least.. she hoped that the previous nurse would have done it. with a sigh, she sends out a togekiss for morning sun, sending a soft, healing light to warm the area around her. [break][break]

marisol walks to the cabinets in the room, pulling out a blue hospital gown before holding it out to the man. [break][break]

"if you feel alright, make sure to get changed into this." she quirks a brow ".. do you need assistance putting it on?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

i'm... very late.....

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights