SUPPLY: ALIA & MIKA

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2023 23:26:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","aliasong"]

alia’s shoulders sink with the heavy backpack, carrying with her not only the burden of the object but also of the mission on hand. faction conflict has been intense since her arrival in hoenn, and the turmoil has only raged with an increasing intensity after the appearance of the mysterious islands near route 105. with the league’s resources depleting quickly, alia was tasked to deliver essential supplies to one of the camps nearby. [break][break]

the backpack clangs noisily with an abundance of pokeballs and medications as alia navigates to the assigned meeting point. her newly caught riolu accompanies her today, his first outing since his capture at alia’s garden plot. despite the rough first impression, the young canine now sticks close to his trainer, kicking up clementine-hued leaves as he wafts through blankets of dried decay.[break][break]

alia ducks her head to avoid a curtain of vines dangling from above, her two hands firm on her backpack straps. multiple supply trips had already been hindered by the opposing faction, and the young ranger was determined for this one to be a success. she exits the lush foliage to arrive at a small clearing, where a familiar face waits to greet her. “mika!” alia calls out, marine eyes twinkling with relief. “i’m glad you’re the one working with me today.” [break][break]

+          [break]

+
+50 MP for participation in RT, +10 MP for IC post (60 MP total)

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5c6fbe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
what would you trade the pain for? i'm not sure.
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 10:42:09 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

mika knows the conflict between the league and team rocket is intense when they call upon her for help. as someone with less experience than other cadet-ranked rangers, mika realizes that her presence in route 105 could only mean one thing. [break][break]

they need help, and badly. the task is deceivingly simple: deliver essential supplies to one of the base camps stationed nearby. mika has a haul that consists of poke balls, medicine, ropes, pitons, tents, tarps, and spare clothes — all of which are important to the cause one way or another. it's enough to deliver these things on their own, but luckily for mika, they'll have someone accompanying them along the way. [break][break]

the sound of rustling alerts komainu, mika's shiny dusk-lycanroc, and one of her strongest (and fastest) pokemon, who had seldom left the ranger's side ever since it first joined them, becoming a steadfast and loyal companion since then. it raises its snout at the incoming threat, sharp fangs bared in anticipation for an enemy attack. [break][break]

luckily for mika, the person emerging from the woods is a friend, instead. "alia!" she greets her fellow ranger with a soft smile, jogging over to meet her face-to-face. her lycanroc follows after her, relaxing slightly, but still maintaining a wary stance, with tufts of white fur sticking up against the cobalt blue fur. [break][break]

mika says, "likewise. with the two of us working together, i'm sure our mission will be a success." success being the watchword here — there's no telling what kind of dangers (rocket ambushes, raging wild pokemon, or something else) lie ahead of them. "let's get a move on."

[break][break]

+ @saturn [break]
+ 50 MP for participation in a RT Battle/Mission. [break]
+ 10 MP per IC post in a RT Battle/Mission. [break]

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#596DB3;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 24, 2023 9:34:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"handsome lycanroc!" alia says before smiling at the other ranger, comforted by the quiet confidence in the latter's words. leave it to mika, to make her feel at ease even in the most intimidating scenarios.[break][break]

after a nod of affirmation, alia begins trekking forward, entering the lush green foliage on the other side of the clearing. "you know, this is actually my first mission. i didn't think the league would send me on one anytime soon, given my lack of experience, but i guess they really need people." she informs the other ranger, pushing through some of the thick brambles.[break][break]

if she was going to be really honest, she would speak on how nervous it made her that the higher-ups felt the need to send her, a rookie ranger, to these missions. if that didn't speak to the current faction turmoil, she didn't know what did. but there was a time and place for everything, and alia wasn't thoughtless enough to exacerbate the stressful situation. she keeps her mouth shut instead, masking her worries with a breezy expression across her features.[break][break]

her riolu seems to sense her underlying tension, however, and he reaches a paw out to touch alia's hand, his eyes unwavering. alia smiles softly at the young canine, a warmth blooming in her chest by his thoughtful action. "so, it's been a while since we last met! what have you been up to lately?" she says brightly as she redirects her focus back towards her surroundings. while they may have a mission on hand, it couldn't hurt to catch up with a friend at the same time. two birds with one stone, right? [break][break]

as long as they don't get distracted from any potential danger, that is. [break][break]

+ [break]

+
+10 MP for IC post (70 MP total)

[newclass=.aliasong]font:11px roboto;--accent:#6f77ca;[/newclass]

[newclass=.aliasong .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.aliasong .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 2:11:08 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

komainu the lycanroc softens somewhat at alia's compliment. mika does her best not to notice, but she can't help smiling at the unexpectedly sweet display. and if her lycanroc starts walking a little closer to alia, sensing true goodness from her, that's just as well. "is that so? i've actually been on a few missions before, but not a lot. still, i never thought we'd be working against team rocket so soon." she glances between alia and komainu, nodding at some new thought brewing in her head. "maybe it's like you said, the league is in dire straits. i'm surprised too, but i think we'll be good." [break][break]

alia's riolu seems just as sensitive to their surroundings as mika's lycanroc is. the canine pokemon certainly have enhanced senses that humans could only hope to have one day, and mika counts herself lucky that their partners are so reliable. and while it would benefit them more to stay focused on the job, mika doesn't mind a little small talk here and there. [break][break]

(actually, that's a lie—she used to hate small talk, but since making such nice friends like alia, has found small sparks of joy in the act of socialization. slowly but surely.) [break][break]

mika says, "i've been busy. not only with work, but just life in general. though i guess that's the same for all of us." she smiles faintly. "i've caught a lot of pokemon. can never be too careful, after all." is that still work-related, though? maybe mika should mention something from their personal life, too. "um...i also have a tattoo now. that's something different since last time you saw me, for sure. what about you?" [break][break]

[break][break]

+ @saturn [break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 7:23:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

"i think we'll be alright, too, between the two of us." alia agrees with a smile of her own. while she's never seen the other ranger in action, mika has been nothing but steady and reliable in the few times they've met up. if there was anyone that alia trusted to have her back, it was mika. she secretly hopes that mika felt the same confidence in her as well.[break][break]

alia hums in acknowledgment as other ranger shares about her life, but the affirmative noise was cut short at the mention of a new tattoo. "a tattoo!" she splutters, brown eyes wide with shock. a tattoo seemed like such a spontaneous yet permanent alteration, one that alia herself haven't  had the guts or determination to carry through. "oh my goodness! what kind of tattoo? i've been wanting one myself since forever, but i can't seem to figure out what i want." [break][break]

despite alia's mindless chatter, her five senses were finely tuned to her surroundings, silently hunting for even the most subtle of movements and sounds. she halts promptly at the sound of faint rustling, head snapped back front at the possibility of danger. "did you hear that?" she asks, voice lowered into a soft whisper. swiftly, alia deviates from the main path, concealing herself in what was left of the remaining autumnal foliage. for all they knew, the approaching foe could be a couple of wild pokemon, but it was better to be safe than sorry. [break][break]

alia exchanges a glance with mika as two men emerge from the growth instead, each wearing a thick backpack of what was probably supplies. they were accompanied by pokemon of their own, an excadrill and houndoom. alia stays still as she attempts to deduce whether the newcomers were friend or foe, ears straining to catch bits of their hushed whispers. it was unlikely, but maybe they would accidentally give away their alignment mid-conversation?[break][break]

"they're heading south. i don't think any of the league camps are in that direction, are they?" she murmurs suddenly, the realization hitting her a few moments later. as the quadruple approaches the girls' makeshift hideout, the black canine pauses, snout raised as it catches a whiff of an unfamiliar scent. [break][break]

+ [break]

+
+10 MP for IC post (80 MP total)

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 6:29:54 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"oh, um..." mika laughs quietly, a bit embarrassed now that she's brought the topic of tattoos up. "it's a whole back tattoo, actually. talonflame wings, with realistic shading and fire motifs and everything. i could show you a picture sometime, it ended up not being as nearly as bad as i thought it'd be..." because otherwise no one would be able to see it, unless mika were disrobed, and it'd be a cold day in hell before she started randomly disrobing, even in front of her friends. [break][break]

but they don't get to chat for much longer when an errant noise interrupts their moment of peace. mika nods slowly, affirming that it wasn't just alia who heard that disturbance just now. as the sound gets closer, both rangers and their pokemon hide into the nearby brush, quiet as snowfall. it isn't long until the source of the noise reveals itself, and walks along the path they just took now. [break][break]

two rocket grunts, both with huge packs of supplies, both with strong-looking pokemon. a houndoom and an excadrill, unfriendly as they observe their surroundings, looking for anything out of place. mika's first instinct is to let them pass, but then she has the same worry that alia does: are they headed towards a ranger camp or one of their own? can the two rangers really allow them to leave, knowing that doing so would help the enemy greatly? [break][break]

"they might be going back to their own camp," mika supplies, her voice hushed to a whisper. she wants to say more, but the houndoom notices their hiding spot, and her words die in her throat. as a blackened snout sniffs suspiciously in their direction, mika knows that their hiding spot won't last. so rather than think of a way to maintain their position, she strategizes how to draw the grunts' attention long enough for her and alia to come out of the brush on their own accord. [break][break]

she exchanges a knowing look with her lycanroc, and the wolf pokemon nods once. it slowly saunters towards the side of the foliage, concealing itself from the grunts and their pokemon. then, as soon as the houndoom is about to figure out that there are two rangers hiding in the underbrush, komainu jumps out, and catches the houndoom by surprise, striking it with an accelerock attack. the wolf is so quick that not even the hound nor the mole can realize what is happening before it's too late. and as the grunts' faces fall into frowns of shock, mika nudges alia, hissing out an urgent "now!" before springing out of the brush and onto the path they once were, stanced behind the confused grunts. [break][break]

+ @saturn [break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 6:56:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

At Mika’s confirmation, Alia tenses, quickly debating for the best tactic. Should they attack and prevent their opponents from reaching their respective camp? Or should they just stay low and let them pass? After all, the objective today was to successfully bring supplies into league territory, not sabotage the opposing faction. [break][break]

Before she could discuss their options with Mika, however, the other ranger and her Lycanroc were already on the move. Alia watches in awe as the wolf slinks in the shadows, waiting for the right moment before he ambushed the grunts. She sneaks a look at the woman next to her - it was incredibly fast thinking on Mika’s part, and she admired them deeply for it.[break][break]

Next thing Alia knew, she was leaping out of the foliage as well, Riolu close to her trail. She was hesitant about her next steps, having never confronted anyone in this sort of manner. It wasn’t going to be long before the grunts noticed their presence, however, so Alia takes a deep breath and summons every ounce of courage that she has in her. “Hey, you two.” she calls out, tone surprisingly firm and steady for her first rocket encounter. “Hand over your supplies, and we’ll let you guys go.” [break][break]

The two men glances at each other before the taller one scoffs. You’ll let us go?” he echos, eyes twinkling with amusement. He shakes his head slowly, as if privy to some world-class secret, and clucks his tongue sharply. [break][break]

Immediately, the mole and canine lunge at the girls, each bearing a ferocious attack. Adrenaline washes over Alia as she takes in the hostile sight, and the increasing blood to her brain helps her formulate her next move rapidly. It would be easier for her Riolu to take on the Excadrill, she realizes, with the previous having a type advantage over the mole. Mika’s Lycanroc would fare better in a brawl with the fire-type, as well. [break][break]

“Okay, Luka, just like we practiced. Get him with a Vacuum Wave!” the order rings out loud and clear, now that she somewhat pieced together a strategy. It wasn’t perfect, more stray fragments and shards than a complete puzzle, but a start was a start. [break][break]

The young puppy whirls his fists, sending a powerful gush of wind towards the Excadrill. The fighting-type move knocks the mole off-balance, halting its’ incoming attack successfully.[break][break]

+ [break]

+
+10 MP for IC post (90 MP total)

close tab

played by

Kiri

Mimi (Julie Only)
She/They
August 29th
Fortree City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Pokemon Ranger
Ranger
you were the sunshine
of my lifetime
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cherubi
Mika Nakayama
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2023 23:00:46 GMT
Mika Nakayama Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

mika says nothing at first, content to let alia's confident tone make the first greeting towards these grunts. when it's clear that the rocket members have no intention of going peacefully, mika prepares herself for a battle. [break][break]

looks like we'll have to stop them by force, after all. she'd been in numerous battles beforehand, but there's something different about fighting team rocket grunts, rather than another normal trainer. their bad reputation and history precedes them, yet mika doesn't think in absolutes. rather, they recognize the similarities between the league and team rocket, and how from afar, alia and mika seem no different from the two grunts in front of them. both sides fight for something bigger than themselves, both sides are pieces in the greater game that the entire region of hoenn is playing. [break][break]

if this fight is a reflection, mika endeavors to become something different than the desperation she sees in the mirror. as alia and luka take on the excadrill, mika and komainu double down on the houndoom. (they say it's a dog-eat-dog world, after all. there's an extra layer of animosity between the lycanroc and houndoom as a result.) [break][break]

their teeth gritted, mika calls out the next move: "lycanroc, stone edge!" and the wolf strikes out, the fur on its body hardening into razor-sharp edges, tough as rocks and twice as sturdy. komainu is a blue blur as he darts forward, slashing at the sides of houndoom with its lethal mane. houndoom yelps painfully, and mika bites back a grunt of displeasure. it brings her no joy to hurt other pokemon like this, and she supposes that even if the team rocket members wouldn't think twice about killing, the ranger has no plans to follow those tactics, themself. knock them out and be done with it — maybe it'll teach them a lesson, at the end of the day. [break][break]

"shit. forget about the lycanroc! houndoom, use flamethrower on the riolu!" the grunt orders his dark canine pokemon, who glances at the aura pokemon and nods in agreement. it opens its mouth and a roar of fire builds in the back of his throat, a stream of fire aimed for luka the riolu. [break][break]

"not so fast!" mika sneers. "lycanroc, protect!" without warning, the lycanroc jumps in the way of the houndoom's fire, and a forcefield of protective energy emanates from it, dispelling the flamethrower attack before it can reach alia or her pokemon. maybe they won't fight an honorable fight, but mika certainly will. the grunt curses beneath his breath, forced to keep houndoom and lycanroc as mika refuses to let alia be double-teamed on. [break][break]

+ @saturn [break]
+ 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon. [break]