Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Dreams [DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 3:23:09 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams

Love

Breeze that smelled of leaves, acorn and carnations.

Sunny rays that warmed but did not burn.

The rustling of grains as wind swept through a small field overgrown with food and life.

The caress of grass beneath one's skin, still covered in a morning dew... A soft, gentle firmness enveloping his head like a pillow.

These sensations. Most were all so... Familiar.

So much so... he refused to look.

His body trembled, as his torso slowly rose from where he rested.

The feeling of straw and knitting fabric dragging against his curly locks of hair gave him pause, something atop his head tipping forward and falling over his eyes.

Slowly, he grabbed at it— felt the familiar, yet distant sensation of his once prized straw hat... And shivered.

"... Fine." He muttered, moving it back atop his head— before finally opening his eyes.

A familiar vista stretched out before his eyes. It had been nearly 30 years since he had seen it with his own eyes, but it was burnt into his memory— both at it's highest and lowest moments.

Sat upon a hillside found within the Viridian County of the Kanto Region, a small farmland stretched out before a farmer's young son, the colorful structures of the nearby town making for a remarkable, distant scenary.

"Huh...? This dream again?" He muttered to himself, slowly turning his gaze to his palm. "It's been over ten years... Wasn't I usually a kid as well...?"

Rolling his very much adult sized, very much scarred hand before him, he pondered the change... Very flinching as a bright refraction from a sun beam hit him in the eye... Bouncing right off a ring fit around his ring finger.

"... Huh?"

"... Is something the matter, John?" He froze.

That voice.

A failsafe— a dam inside him cracked. She —her voice— ?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Dreams [DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2023 2:44:40 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams

Family

His breath still caught in his throat, he slowly turned his gaze to her

And found himself looking at a familiar shack... no woman in sight.

Cold. Wet.

Everything beneath his bum suddenly welt... watery.

Glancing down, he realized he was no longer resting on a hill— but on a verdant marsh. A familiar marsh.

Rising slowly, he cocked a brow as he looked down at himself, unfastened overalls clinging to his waist yet another vaguely familiar element. He had seen these before... he had never worn them, though.

And even hHis father had stopped wearing them after they moved into Slateport...

Turning his gaze back to the familiar shack, his brows rose as he noticed the... smoke rising out of a shabbily built chimney.

"Wha- what the heck is this...?" He muttered to himself as he took a slow step towards the shack, and another— before breaking out into a sprint—!

The door banged against a wall as he ran into the house, panting hard and nearly as wide eyed as his shocked mother.

"... John!? Boy, why didn't ya call if ya were visitin'?" His mother finally gasped after recovering from the shock, holding a dainty hand to her chest briefly before pursing her lips at him. "I didn' prepare near' 'nuff food to feed yer butt too! Wait, is my lil' daughter in law with ya? That poor girl is so thin as is... Argh! Stay right there! I'll whip up something real quick!"

Stupefied as he was, he had didn't get to answer any of her questions, simply staring wide eyed as his mother grabbed an apron and rushed back into the small kitchenette...

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Dreams [DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 2:08:49 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams

Aspiration

"W-wait, Mom, how are you—" The youth said as he rushed after his mother, rounding out of the living room and into the kitch—

Into the blinding flashes of camera lights as he stumbled out of a —his?— limousine, finding himself surrounded on all sides by men and women trying desperately to get mics to his face, all shouting incomprehensible nonsense questions at him.

Champion Doug this. Doctor Sullivan that.

Brought back Victini from the dead...? Defeated Talia Bosch, Bailey Cooper and Kyle Lopez in a 1v3? Impossible feat here, ludicrous thing there.

Every question thrown at him seemed to concern some event so thoroughly outrageous and/or impossible he was already getting second hand embarrassment.

It sure would've been nice if he were to ever actually accomplish anything quite as ridiculous as all this, but...

His brow furrowed deeply, head swiveling back as he looked over his shoulder— and getting blinded by another group of people on the other side of the limo.

What the heck was going on? Lucid dreams weren't like this.

"Ugh, I can't do this right now." He groaned as he rubbed his temples.

Before freezing as a hand suddenly reached out from the limo's open door.

"You should know better than to make me wait, John." Came that familiar voice, tone impatient and expectant and making his heart leap to his throat.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Dreams [DDD]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 0:31:07 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams

Reunions

He got yanked back into the limousine.

And landed head first against a wooden log, banging his skull against hard bark. As white flashes filled his vision, the youth realized he would have to give up on truly understanding what was going on.

Whatever this was, dream or reality or limbo— it was clearly not something he could hope to understand.

As he waited for his vision to clear, he found himself staring up at stars framed by the thick canopies of a forest.

A glowing, shifting orange tint colored the underside of the tree leaves as his vision slowly began to clear, and the sound of voices began to reach him.

Familiar voices. Familiar tones. Familiar words and familiar jokes.

There was a bonfire nearby, he realized now. Something was being cooked on it— not particularly well cooked. But the scent made him feel young. It was familiar and nostalgic.

As he rose from were laid against the wood log, he saw several familiar faces sat around a campfire.

"Damn. You ate shit, mate. You good?" A familiar voice suddenly said as a palm fell over his shoulder, a grunt following as a very familiar youth tried to help him stand. "Come on—! Everyone's waiting."
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Dreams [DDD]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 2:16:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dreams

Revelations

As he was pulled up to his feet, the world blended together into a mesh of colors.

Overwhelmed by an irresistible vertigo, he collapsed on his ass— right atop an a plush, leather-bound surface, the creak of the fabric echoing within an otherwise empty room as the seat beneath skid back atop a set of wheels.

"Ugh... What now?" He groaned as he rubbed his temples, his gaze bleary and off-focus as he raised it to the room around him.

It was nowhere he had ever been before, but he recognized it for what it was nonetheless: an office. A big office.

A big, weird office. It felt almost right. Almost built, decorated and furbished with the logic one would expect from a human being living and working in the space. Almost.

But it didn't quite add up right.

The first thing that put him off was the atmosphere.

Though he stood inside a room, the walls left of him were nothing but glass windows on what he presumed to be a tower; but there was no metropolis stretching all the way to the horizon out there.

There were certainly glittering lights; the occasional neon-like signs... but it was all nearly entirely swallowed up by an all consuming darkness.

He could see the vague suggestions of skyscraper's silhouettes in the horizon and nothing more.

Unnerving.

Even more so, however, was the face staring at him in the windows.

His own face, as ever— draped heavily in the military regalia, as he had once preferred.

Curious thing, however:

His skin was... worryingly blue-ish. And the badges and pins on his uniform? He was fairly certain those were Megalopolan in origin.

"Oh boy." He muttered under his breath as he noticed something on the desk.

A familiar hat. Yet... of a different palette.

Turning towards it, the youth slowly approached the black cone occupying 'his' desk. It twitched...

And from it, rose a Tapu Lele. A 'shiny' Tapu Lele.

"... You making fun of me?"
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Dreams [DDD]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 3:16:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Dreams [DDD]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 0:03:07 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Birth by Sleep

Round 1

"What the hell are these choices?" He scoffed as he stared at the text window, lips pouty as he considered his 'options'.

Quack or 'jinxed'?!

"I get 'redneck' and quack, whatever, but... why Jinxed? My luck ain't that bad! I've never even lost a game of jinxed in my life!" He protested as he tried to grab the window, quickly finding out that, other than the choices? The thing might as well not exist.

Which is to say, he phased through it and nearly faceplanted, accidentally making his 'choice' in the process.

[attr="class","rbynote"]
'THE JINXED'!

Occasionally, bad luck will strike someone or something around you at random.

Doug stared at the window before him for a moment, brow twitching, mouth slightly agape.

"Oh, this is BULLSH—!"

"—IT!" Yelped the youth as a familiar silhoutte came flying down upon him from the canopy above, the gleaming blades unmistakable despite the dark.

For a moment, it seemed as though his very own Accelgor was gonna be sending him right back to his bedroom.

Until it suddenly, without warning lurched back midair, releasing a gagging wheeze as its scarves caught onto a branch, leaving the bug shinobi hanging like a prisoner on the gallows.

"... Oh shit!"

One dream ball later, Doug was sighing in relief, his Accelgor's snazzy new ball held tight against his chest.

"Sheesh, almost went and got yerself killed." He said, scowling at the ball. "What kinda ninja roars before attacking anyway?"

He could really use a rewind button on the shadow nonsense right about now.

And on that note...

[attr="class","rbynote"]
PURIFY YOUR POKEMON'S HEART

Warning! Doing so will take away power that can help you protect the ones you care about.

Continue?

"... Huh. How convenient." He said simply, before finishing his Accelgor's purification with a flick of his digit. "Lucky!"

He didn't need shortcuts to strength anyway.

Accelgor forgot Shadow Chill. Accelgor learned Helping Hand!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Dreams [DDD]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 17:56:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Birth by Sleep

The 'dungeon' they had been exploring for a while now... It looked a lot like a burnt out Viridian Village.

Charming.

Better yet? It turned out that he was useless.

Glancing down at the cards in his hand, the youth sighed as he grabbed the hand of one of his many party members, getting pulled to his feet after having been knocked on his ass atop a pile of ashes by one of the enemy mobs.

His moves were... heal bell, heal pulse, and... curse.

Not exactly unfamiliar, yet...

"Heal pulse." He called, trying to heal his Accelgor.

It briefly glowed... and a single scratch disappeared.

It blinked slowly at its newly... mostly unhealed armed, before casually utilizing recovery and healing itself back to full health on its own.

'Definitely useless.' Doug thought dryly as he patted his ass, before giving his party members a tired glance.

Ah, his party. What a rowdy bunch, them! These unknown phantoms whose identities could never be figured out...

He tacitly referred to them as totallynot!, totallynot!, totallynot!, and totallynot!. Because they totally weren't them.

No matter how often they would say the most hilariously AI generated shit.

"I hate that I am alone and must choose between my found family and my new family... Also, I hate needles."

"As you know, I have escaped my past life and must now survive while making ammends for everything I did while trying to help others get out as well... Also, I am handsome."

"My amnesia makes life difficult, but I will persevere and find happiness in this new life! ... Also, I work at a museum."

"I'm blind."

Gotta love the subtility at work.

"Let's go." He said, turning towards the gate standing before them. Quite the unique little piece of gatery; it seemed to be standing before quite literally open air, with neither walls nor anything substantial preventing them from just... walking around it.

Well, until they attempted to and found themselves dealing with the lazy dev's best work around— invisible walls. Luckily for the devs, Doug wasn't much of a gamer, so he was more perplexed than annoyed.

"Guess, uh... we've got no choice, then." He said simply, pressing his palms against the door— before immediately rethinking it over and stepping back, glancing at his Accelgor. "Uh, you do it."

His Accelgor squinted at him, before huffing. Finally, the gates were pushed, swinging wide open to reveal a flowery field of...

Crystal Blooms.

"I must express my childish yet scientific curiosity for these flowers!"

"I must protect her from her childish yet scientific curiosity for these flowers!"

"I wonder if I knew what these flowers were before losing my memory!"

"I'm blind!"

"... This bodes poorly." Said as he squinted at the garden of blooms, before his eyes fell upon... a familiar conical shape.

Tiny. Was it... her?

It suddenly began to rise.

And grow.

And kept growing.

Until...

"Oh balls, we're f—"

"—cking done, finally." He groaned as he dropped on his ass and splayed out on what little remained of the bloom field.

Splayed out across the field was giant sized, KO'd Lele, her eyes still whirling about in spirals as his NPC companions meandered around it.

"I must study it for childish science!!!"

"I must protect my friends!!!"

"I must figure out my how this relates to my past!!!"

"I'm blind!!!"

Cool cool.

Rolling onto his side, the youth blinked as a small item slid off his chest.

"Huh?" He uttered, slowly reaching for it, a vague sense of familiarity filling him. It was small... and light green, and... "HUH?!"

STAGE CLEARED.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights