Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Sweet Dreams are Made of This (DDD)
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2023 3:36:28 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas silently prepared himself for the meeting that was to come.

It had been over two years since the day he made the worst mistake of his life. The day he threw everything away. A Marquis of Shalour City, a member of Hoenn's Elite Four, all dashed away in a single livestream. What he thought was a sacrifice for the greater good, turned out to only cause more problems.

So here he was, crossing a burnt bridge.

Thomas silently stepped into the office of his uncle, Patrice Benoit. The man in white eyed the man.

"Take a seat, Thomas.", the patriarch told Thomas.

Thomas silently took his seat across from the CEO of Benoit Armaments. He expected to have the man unload into him.

"Not only did you humiliate our House, and House Breathnach at the Lumioise Gala, but you shock the world, by spitting in the face of the Hoenn League, our greatest ally. You cost us our connections to the Hoenn League.", the man began.

"Yes. And I'm here to take responsibility for all of it.", he'd tell his Uncle. "For that, and my theft of the Prototype Armor."

"Ah yes, the very Armor used to terrorize the criminal underworld.", his uncle interjected.

Once he was confident that they were alone, the mask came off.

"Thomas, the day that I disowned you, the others were outraged. If not for Antoine, there surely would've been a revolt.", the blonde-haired man revealed to him. "They were worried about you, thought that you needed help. I know why you wanted this, but know that it pained me to keep that secret from them.", he'd tell Thomas, the harshness in his tone having left.

"I didn't mean to put you through that. And I thought that by having you disown me, that I'd be left as a lightningrod to take all the punishment for my departure. Seems Fernando had other plans. I should've known.", Thomas lamented.

"That hardly matters now.", Patrice told Thomas, as he revealed news articles on the exploits of Thomas, following the League's failure in the Ultra Sea.

"Thomas, are you ready, to be accepted back into the family?", Patrice inquired. "I think you've done more than enough to prove yourself to the world again. And frankly, it'd ease my conscience considerably.", he'd tell Thomas.

"Uncle, I - I accept.", Thomas answered. "I'm ready to reclaim my birthright."

tags: @tag
notes: 200 Points - 3x TM/TR Received

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 3:03:03 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Stepping into the empty ballroom of the Hotel Richimme, Thomas quietly scanned around the area. Despite his disconnect from his upbringing, the posh environment carried many memories for the Kalosian.

A boy at the age of nine, who just wanted to quietly spend some time with his beloved Poochyena. A couple of boys, both bigger than he was, attempted to take the dog away, as a sick joke. Despite Thomas' efforts, he could not get the dog back. It was only thanks to the intervention of his twin sister, , and , that he got his beloved dog back.

It was a night of shame for the boy.

The same boy, at the age of fifteen, now having grown to the size of the same boys, getting into a war of words with them. The boys eventually retaliate with violence, a big mistake. Their numbers do little good against the training and experience the boy picked up. Despite the few good hits they got in, the damage he inflicted was far greater.

, a Galarian baroness, and friend, patches him up, ending the encounter with a peck on the cheek. A proud night for the Marquis.

Nearly ten years later, the boy had grown into a man of great status. In a move that few knew the truth behind, the man threw it all away. Cursing his allies spitefully, being thrown out of the ballroom by security. The same girl who patched him up, now a woman, follows him out.

The greatest mistake of his life.

As Thomas reminisces on these events, footsteps catch his attention.

notes: 200 Points - 1x Premium Gacha Received

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 2:31:55 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas couldn't believe his eyes. The familiar raven-haired woman, Andraste Breachnach, standing before him. Alive and well.

Thomas slowly walked up to the woman. The Baroness of Hammerlocke met him in the middle, the two embracing longingly.

"Andraste, I - was so worried about you.", Thomas blurted out. "What happened?"

Andraste told him the truth. About how their last argument caused her to leave in secret. About her return to the Galar Region, in order to continue her search for the men who killed her mother and brother on her own. Despite this, she regretted the circumstances which caused them to part ways.

"Andraste, you were right. I wish I listened to you sooner.", Thomas told her. "I should've made amends with my family.", he'd reveal to her. "Hell, my path from that night at the Gala was a terrible mistake on my part. I should've used what happened to push for reform, not turn my back on the League.", he'd tell her.

The conversation continued. Andraste broke the news that her father had selected a new betrothed for her. A Duke, and a doctor. Though she missed him, she still had her obligation to her family to fulfill.

Though disappointed, Thomas accepted this news. The two would conclude their reunion with one last hug, before she left.

Slumping over in a chair, Thomas quietly processed his disappointment. Despite this, he felt a sense of closure in this encounter, in this news.

notes: 200 Points - 1x Tera Shard Received

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,495 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 3:58:41 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

With his trip down memory lane, and meeting with his formerly betrothed concluded, Thomas made his way back to Shalour City. Back to the home he hadn't been to since he was a teenager.

Thomas stood at the door reluctantly. For a moment, he wanted to turn back, to avoid facing his family. Despite this, he powered through, ringing the doorbell to the estate.

A familiar Audino answered the door. After a moment of awkward silence, Helga finally opened her arms, allowing Thomas to give her a big hug.

"Helga, it's so good to see you again, big girl!", Thomas cooed, petting her.

The Audino lead Thomas to the den, where his sisters, cousins, and parents all awaited him.

A mountain of a man, taller than Thomas, would be the first to greet him. With a punch to the face.

"That's fer makin' us worry about ya, ya ass!", the man bellowed out.

Thomas quickly recovered from the punch, before turning to his dad. "Good to see you, too, old man.", Thomas greeted him.

"What the hell were ya thinkin', ya idiot!? I thought you were supposed t' have your uncle's brains!", the massive Ranger berated him.

"Well, supposed I inherited some idiocy from you, after all. You did tell me that a real man oughta be a little stupid, after all.", Thomas remarked.

The two men had a laugh, before joining the rest of the family.

notes: 200 Points - 1x Salac Berry Received

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights