TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 3:01:53 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","calebtest8"]
[attr="class","body"]

She'd cautioned "hold onto your anger" and Caleb had not needed to be told twice.[break][break]
So it was with footfalls fraught with fury that he approached the seaside cavern he'd been instructed to visit, his rage an eternal flame lit from within, stoked by the promise of retribution.[break][break]
The sea had always been a source of relief for Caleb: as he climbed the steps, his heart thumped to the rhythm of joy mingled with hate as the salt spray tingled his nostrils in the best way. His body practically vibrated with anticipation, eager to be challenged, hungry for an ass-kicking. He wanted this to be difficult; hoped it would tear him limb from limb so he could finally, mercifully, become someone stronger: capable of protecting Isaac. Capable of defeating Zev.[break][break]
The enclosure - if something so large could truly be called that - was haloed in golden sunlight, the terrain grassy and verdant, a paradise amidst the hell Hoenn was swiftly devolving into. As he entered, he noticed various staff bustling about, tending to feeding buckets. He lingered as they exited, waiting for despite not knowing exactly where he was supposed to go now that he was here.[break][break]
All of a sudden, he was acutely aware that there were eyes watching him.[break][break]
Judging him.[break][break]
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]
NOTES – Social[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8"]--accent:#3ad1e1;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2023 17:34:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she had thought, at the very least, that these waters would bring her more peace than slateport ever did. the tunnels leading into the sanctuary are reminiscent of her home's, yet she's spent hours on the bluffs hugging her knees, feeling a chill absence where homesickness should lay. 

dawn rises. despite 's subtle attempts at fixing her sleeping schedule, the councilwoman has been awake for over twenty-six hours. 

twenty-nine by the time her attendants find her tending to the new deino hatchlings and inform her that her 9 o'clock has arrived. she dismisses them with a wave, smears mashed fruits and veggies onto her apron before tugging it off, and leaves the enclosure. 

dragons turn their heads as she passes. one in particular - a scarred, weathered beast, with metal clasps on one tattered velvet wing, rises to his paws. he lumbers over, flanking her shoulder as she comes upon the man whose mind, she fears, she holds in the palm of her hand. 

"did you bring what i asked, ranger?" 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
of sapphire eyes and cruel smiles
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
Leave the past where it is: behind you.
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 15:49:32 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It was, perhaps, something of a marvel, to face a woman covered in the remnants of a baby dragon's breakfast, snow-white hair mussed, dark bags under her eyes from lack of sleep, and still think, she would end me if I let her.[break][break]
Good. It was why he was here.[break][break]
"I'm still mad as hell," he assured her, flashing a wry smile that did not quite reach his eyes. He paced forward, bowed his head to the veteran at her hip. He almost reached out a hand to touch the creature, rest a calloused palm against its equally weathered scales, but he knew better. Despite what might think, Caleb no longer had a death wish. Being ready to die was not the same thing as a suicidal inclination: not the same thing as thinking you deserved it.[break][break]
had won that particular battle, in the end.[break][break]
"This place is incredible," he admitted, meaning it.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".calebtest8 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".calebtest8 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 21:02:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

"fantastic," she says as he gives her a measured stare. she'll use it, but only to tamper it around the edges. to refine it, contain it, and give him time enough to let the molten metal cool before he grasps it. 

lyune's breath snuffs freya's hair and she waves him away, fiddling with one of her braids and leaving a goopy glob of applesauce in her wake. her showers after taking care of the dragons are long and arduous, most days. 

"can you hold your own without a pokemon?" she asks. her throat makes a sound and lyune huffs, stretching himself alongside her to expose his flank. she tugs away leather ties and unshackles her unstrung bow. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 17:42:34 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Caleb barked out a laugh.[break][break]
"You didn't read my files, Councilwoman? I'm former Kanto secret police."[break][break]
It didn't churn his stomach like it used to (with guilt, so much guilt), but the expression on his face was something akin to a disgusted sneer. "I can kill a man with a gun, a knife, or my own fists - take your pick. I fought with a trident once too, I'm - " Wait, that hadn't been Kanto. Momentary confusion, but then he eyed her bow. " - not an archer, though."[break][break]
He thought of then, for some reason, as Freya held her bow like it was something precious. Maybe if only because here, in this place with its storied history, the resting grounds of ancient beasts, he couldn't help but remember that sometimes weapons were beautiful things. It was the people who wielded them that made them ugly.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 2:38:30 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
ah

"i've been having trouble focus on papers lately," she says with a squirrely frown, thumbing at the smooth polish of the instrument in her hands. still, she'd rather hear it from his mouth. he'd probably beat her in hand-to-hand then, no doubt about that. 

she remembers the trident. 

but she doesn't tell him that. of course not. she looks down at the bow. it's almost identical to the one she'd had in that place, save it has no latent energy lingering inside of it. no pokemon synergy to blast phantasmal arrows. no, what she has is real

"they're outdated and superfluous," she says. "not worth it to learn, at this point, to be quite honest." she snaps her wrist and the bow folds in on itself, wicked edges twisting together to become a flat blade. she tosses it to him. 

"but you said you're good with a knife?" she pats lyune's side right as she whistles. and the creature waiting behind her springs out, almost-vestigial wings flaring. it rushes past freya, sending her hair sweeping over her shoulder, and pounces on the ranger.
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 18:18:44 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It did not matter how badly Caleb's mind wanted to distance himself from his past: his body refused to forget. Some primal part of him, tucked away beneath the shattered remains of his psyche, had been prepared for a sudden ambush. His hands moved before his brain had registered the attack, the muscle memory fast enough to contend with the pouncing dragon, and though he was pushed to the ground, he was by no means bested.[break][break]
A clang sounded as the knife blade clashed with the dragon's claws. The creature screeched, and Caleb grunted, rolling out from beneath it. He danced to the side, defensive, allowing instinct to take over. It was a relatively small dragon, in comparison to the battle-scarred veteran by Freya's side, but he'd be a fool to think it less harmful because of its size. This one would be quick and fearless, scrappy and nimble.[break][break]
's blade, the very same one that had stabbed in the side, glinted in the low light of the chamber. Sweat beaded on his forehead, and Caleb forced himself to calm his breathing.[break][break]
"I am good with a knife," he confirmed for his audience.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 22:51:34 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
firkraag is an obedient dragon. mild of temper and responsive to a tamer's call. she tends to use him to introduce dragons to new recruits, but there's a different reason she forces him against caleb now. 

this dragon is a sparring partner. and regardless of caleb's strengths, his opponent is undoubtedly stronger

claws scrape against steel with a whining sound. sparks fly over the blade and firkraag gnashes at caleb's head, missing by mere inches. freya looks on approvingly and walks in a circle to better see caleb's next move. 

the red-headed dragon does not relent. caleb has shifted away, looking to give ground between the two, but the dragon takes with another flurry of claws. 

"and your endurance?" she asks with a smile.
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 15:36:23 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Wicked claws clashed with reliable steel. Again. And agin. And again.[break][break]
At first, he kept pace with the dragon. He'd fought monsters in Kanto and they'd been just as relentless, just as hungry for his blood. But they had, ultimately, been human. This creature had the ancient stamina of storms, and Caleb had not yet fully healed from his ordeal in 's hellscape of a prison cell.[break][break]
So eventually, he faltered. A millisecond too late with a backhanded parry was all it took for the dragon to successfully slash across his chest. Caleb leapt back instinctively before the attack could do real damage, but spots of crimson soaked through his shirt all the same. He barely felt the sting as he knelt at the altar of adrenaline.[break][break]
The dragon growled low in its throat, but did not push its advantage. Either it was trained not to do so during a sparring match, or it had more honor than most of the men Caleb had known throughout his life. The later would not have shocked him.[break][break]
"Endurance could use work," he grunted, glancing at Freya. Ragged breaths pulled at shallow wounds as he lowered his arm in defeat, but his eyes were shining. His mouth was grinning. Something was happening, awakening, some bottled-up locked-away memory that felt suspiciously like joy.[break][break]
"What's his name?"
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 17:18:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
he keeps pace. it's a brutish test of strength. she flips her wrist over, noting his time, and annoyance makes her nose wrinkle. it's no surprise he beats her, even if he walks away with a torn shirt and some new scrapes. she can't take the dragon on with the force he displayed; she's always had to dance around him, striking when she can. 

he fights like king.

"endurance is pretty damn good, actually," she says, because he's earned that much. "most of the tamers here would crumple like tinfoil in the first three seconds against firkraag."

the dragon stomps one foot at the sound of his name and snarls, but freya's sharp, "ifpesp, firkraag," makes him cock his head and return to her side. he noses at the pouch at her belt and she palms the top of his head, smiling as she feeds him some dried jerky. 
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 13:25:42 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Firkraag.[break][break]
Caleb watched the dragon scamper back to his mistress, eager to be rewarded for his efforts. He seemed completely unaffected by the recent scuffle, whereas Caleb's breath was labored, his limbs aching, the scratch on his chest finally stinging as adrenaline began to fade. If she meant to test him a second time - so soon after the first - he might finally disappoint.[break][break]
The way she spoke to the dragon stirred something in Caleb. He'd always liked ancient history, artifacts of lost civilizations, languages spoken by humanity's ancestors.[break][break]
She's really one of them, he thought, and found that he was envious.[break][break]
"He's brilliant," Caleb told her. "Firkraag." He did his best to pronounce it as she had. The dragon's eyes flicked to him as he made the attempt, though the jerky continued to hold most of his attention - quelling whatever bloodlust still lingered, deferring to discipline.[break][break]
"He's the stronger of the two of us," Caleb smiled, rolling his shoulders. "I'm merely famous for my inability to die."[break][break]
Arceus knows I've tried.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 22:53:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"mm, he's alright," she teases, more to the dragon than caleb. he nips annoyedly at her fingers, but his teeth grasp her gingerly, leaving no real damage. she's careful to avoid the rough skin that makes up his hide and once he's done playing, she snaps her fingers and points back to his cave. 

he yawns widely, considers the rest of the treats he can smell from her pocket, and then turns with a snort. 

she eyes caleb and then beckons him to follow. they don't have nearly as much space as the morningstar estate, and as such only has one main field dedicated to battle. they skirt around the sidelines as tamers call orders and dragons go claw-to-claw against each other. 

on the other side of the field, she digs around in a cooler and tosses him a water bottle.

"i'm not training you so you can finally succeed at that," she finally says. "i'd rather not waste my time."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 3:45:18 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The arena captivated him - not for its size, not for its grandeur, but for its inhabitants. The dragons clashed and Caleb watched, slack-jawed, having never seen so many in one place before. It was a beautiful sight - the sunlight reflecting off a myriad of armored hides - but it was raw, too: feral and frenzied, an orchestra of primal roars he was sure could topple mountains. Claws hacked, tails whipped, and teeth snapped as Freya tossed him a bottle of water; Caleb drained it in a matter of moments.[break][break]
"I'm no longer chasing death," he told her, crumpling the empty plastic in a tightened fist. It was odd, to finally mean it.[break][break]
He met her gaze, body aching in the best way.[break][break]
"I'm here because I want to live."[break][break]
The scales were tipped in 's favor, of course, but Caleb no longer had any interest in playing a rigged game.[break][break]
"I'm here because the people who do matter - " like Isaac, like Eris, like Orion " - have a better chance at survival if I'm watching their backs."[break][break]
Like in Galar.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 1:41:44 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
wrath clings to this man's heels. he will not shake his vices so easily. she's fallen prey to her own illusions of grandeur more times than she can count, but still she wants to believe him. this is a start. 

lyune had trailed behind them, long tail dragging in the grass. he curls it around himself now as he settles down onto his side. his flank rises and falls in meditative peace, but he does not sleep. dark pupils narrow on the ranger. 

a couple of embers snuff out from his nostrils and freya looks thoughtfully at the beast. 

"alright," she says. "then you and i spar every week. i need someone who can keep pace. i'll teach you all you need to know about the dragons too."
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Caleb Sharpe
He/Him
October 13
Lavender Town, Kanto
Bisexual
League Ranger
Elite
Chasing memories
6'4" / 193 cm height
6'4" / 193 cm height
awards
788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @caleb
Caleb Harcourt
CHASING STORMS [S]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2024 4:37:43 GMT
Caleb Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The big one, the veteran, scarred and surprisingly stoic, had lumbered over to them, curling up as if to sleep. Keen eyes did not close, however, but watched Caleb with an intense scrutiny.[break][break]
Though he'd come here to train with her, it was her second offer that sent an unexpected thrill through him. All you need to know about the dragons. He had a dragon in his own roster, but it had taken a lengthy session with to get Hex to obey him - to fight properly for him.[break][break]
The Salamence's gaze bored into Caleb. It begged the question: are you worthy?[break][break]
Dragons would not abide the weak.[break][break]
"Every week," he agreed. "Name the day and time. I'll be here."[break][break]
For as long as it takes, was the unspoken sentiment.[break][break]
He regarded the languid dragon, swathed in the illusion of a peaceful rest. Caleb had a feeling this one would be quick to defend his mistress should she suddenly come under attack.[break][break]
"And this one's name?" He asked, nodding at the Salamence.
[break][break][break]

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS