awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Things We Lost in the Glaciate [M]
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 15:30:56 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
It had been a year since the giant Kyurem had terrorized Hoenn, but the effects of entropy were invisible to the Silent Icelands, a place figuratively and literally frozen in time. The Pokémon that had defended their trainers with their last warm breaths were perfectly preserved inside their frigid prisons.

Like a ritual honoring the spirits that had passed into the afterlife, Andrea placed scented candles and incense sticks all over those icy graves. Wearing a winter coat over her usual ensemble, the draconic cosplayer wistfully stared at a Mega Salamence encased in ice.

“You’d have liked Meatloaf, Jalapeño. He was really strong and never gave up on a fight…” The girl mused, while clutching her little Fuecoco for extra warmth.

She chose to stay a while longer, needing to mourn, but also needing to talk--to make sense out of her many conflicting thoughts. And there was a certain someone who was surprisingly good at helping her see things from a different perspective.

She was practically inviting that person to show up again, standing at the same exact spot they had met precisely one year ago. A shiny Salazzle was among the many ice-encased Pokémon whose graves had been embellished with offerings.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 10:38:40 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]either by coincidence or by fated strings, he finds himself at the exact same place as he was a year ago. because of that, it does not surprise him to see her standing there, still mourning the loss of her salamence.

"i envy you, andrea."

he says, announcing his arrival as he trudges through the snow.

"i envy the love you must feel for your pokemon."
[attr="class","becktag"]
[attr="class","beckpoke"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #716075; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #716075; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #716075; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 11:28:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
There he was. Never underestimate fate. Instead of hurling accusations like last time, Andrea greeted him as one would a friend. "Would you be here if you didn't love them too?" She replied, while pouring a cup of sake, which she offered to the Rocket underboss. "Here you go. It's still warm."

To extend kindness to an enemy in a time of war was unthinkable, but that kind of mindset was one she had rejected a long time ago. Even so, last time the two had met, it had been on less than friendly terms.

"Back at Dewford, you were just trying to protect me, but I was too stubborn to see it." The dragon-hooded girl said, taking a sip of her own sake cup. She'd grown slightly more resistant to alcohol since last year, but it still made her wince. "I still don't know if I should've listened to you..."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 7:43:51 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]"i'm not sure i'm capable of such a feeling."

love, that is. it's a dilemma he thought he resolved during his many years in galar only to realize it's still as elusive as ever. it is his biggest security, if one could call it that.

he accepts the familiar cup of sake with a smile.

"if you had listened to me," he clears his throat, "would it have changed anything?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
[newclass=.beck] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.beckmain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.becktag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.beck b] color: #716075; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck i] color: #716075; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beck u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #716075; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.beck a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.beckpoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 11:23:30 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Hearing those words, Andrea felt a pang of pity for the notorious criminal. Being incapable of love sounded like such a sad existence.

His question made her frown, downcast eyes starting at her cup. "I dunno... maybe. I almost got hurt back there... really badly." She squirmed as the memories rushed back to her. It was by sheer miracle that she had survived 's wrath.

"But it's not just that." The girl continued. "I shouldn't have been there in the first place. This wasn't my war. If I ever do fight Team Rocket, it'll be over their mistreatment of Pokémon, not some stupid rock!"

A statement boldly uttered in front of a Rocket.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 14:35:48 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]
[attr="class","beckmain"]"i'm sorry to hear."

but also glad to hear that she made it out in one piece. he had wondered, briefly, what fate befell her after watching her venture deeper into granite cave, though he never felt quite compelled enough to find out.

"so why were you there?"
[attr="class","becktag"]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 15:31:05 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Because when I'm not there, people I know get hurt."

She had not heard from ever since the Dewford war, which led to her assuming the worst.

"But also because I thought some kind of miracle would happen just like with Meteno. I still hope that someday the League and Team Rocket will stop fighting, but every day that dream seems more and more unlikely. But not impossible." Andrea wistfully gazed at her Salamence and Theo's Salazzle. "League or Rocket, we all lost something important to us right here."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 11:18:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck theobeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

people always get hurt. it is foolish to ever think that her presence—or anyone's—could stop that inevitability from happening. but he does not meet it with harsh criticism, only careful admiration.[break][break]

"i admire your innocence. i always thought that it was because of your youth but perhaps it is just who you are."[break][break]

he sips his sake, enjoying the warmth it provides more than he had last year.[break][break]

"but miracles aren't real. the fighting won't stop, not even after we're gone or the league's gone. there will always be a fight. conflict is in our nature."

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".theobeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".beck"] --accent: #716075 } .beck b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .beck { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .beck .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .beck .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".beck .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .beck .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .beck .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2023 15:32:22 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“I’m not totally innocent. I’ve made plenty of mistakes. It’s because I always charge headfirst without thinking things through.” The dragon-hooded girl admitted, while continuing to pensively stare at her frozen Mega Salamence.

She frowned at the Underboss’ assessment, refusing to see things through his realistic lenses. “Miracles ARE real! They appear to us everyday in the form of legendaries. Rayquaza, Ho-oh, Articuno, even the ones that are bonded with Rocket members. Hoenn wants to save itself, our pettiness just keeps getting in the way.”

Taking a moment to reign in her overflowing emotions, Andrea gazed at the rest of the icicles occupying the frozen graveyard. “If we have to always be fighting something, we should fight the thing that caused this.”

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 5:35:21 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"if miracles are real, then why are there tragedies every single day?"[break][break]

if they were real, he would not have to continue serving an organization he thought he had moved on from. if they were real, he would have remembered more of his life in galar.[break][break]

if they were real, he would be free.[break][break]

"nothing caused this, andrea. if you were to look at any civilization throughout history, you will always find conflict."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".beck"] --accent: #716075 } .beck b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .beck { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .beck .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .beck .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".beck .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .beck .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .beck .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 12:30:32 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
She could sense a deep, unspoken sorrow in his words. He brought up the common ‘if god real why bad thing happen’ debate. God was a weird space giraffe with one thousand arms, maybe that’s why.

She didn’t know what Theo’s pain was, but she could tell that it was there, making her see the previously menacing crime boss under a new light. “I got something for you.” Andrea said, holding up a basket filled with various gifts.

Five gifts of remembrance, to be exact. The same five gifts that had been sent to select League members she had a special connection with.

“I didn’t know what address to send these to, so I thought I’d give it to you here.” The girl explained. Conspicuously, a second, identical basket was lying next to her feet.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 10:00:03 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"hm?"[break][break]

surprise washes over his features as he lowers his glass, carefully placing it beside his foot before he accepts the basket of gifts. with his eyes, he peruses through them, uncertain how to feel.[break][break]

"i can't remember the last time i got a gift."[break][break]

was the last one the naganadel had given him years ago when he had first arrived in hoenn?[break][break]

glancing back up at andrea, he asks:[break][break]

"why?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 15:59:58 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Does there have to be a reason?" The young cosplayer smiled at him. "We've been through a lot, and although we're different, we still respect and care for each other. In a weird way, that makes us friends."

It felt kinda weird to acknowledge the Rocket Underboss as a friend, but it was one of those things she had to believe in order to make it true. If she craved peace, she had to be the one to take the first step.

"I wanted to give one of these to too." The dragon fanatic gestured towards the second basket lying by her feet. "If possible, I'd like to understand her. I don't know why she's always so angry, but I don't think she's evil."

Unlike Theo, she had every reason to be mortally terrified of the former head scientist. She wasn't as receptive to communication as he was, and she might very well have considered Andrea her enemy by now.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,363 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 6:24:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

now, it's the ignorance from her youth that shines through, or at least that's what he attributes it to, because there is no place for friends on the battlefield. things need to be black and white then because the grey is where mistakes happen the easiest.[break][break]

he lets the conversation flow as intended, not wanting to sully the moment or thought.[break][break]

"there are very few people in this world that i would consider evil. lulu isn't one of them, no."[break][break]

but he knows andrea and have had complications, and so he's wary of treading too far.[break][break]

"i can give it to her on your behalf, if you'd like."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 14:03:54 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea’s face lit up at Theo’s kind offer. “You’ll really do that? Thank you so much!” She smiled with gratitude, while the little Fuecoco nestling in her arms made happy noises.

Following her jovial outburst, the girl became wistful once again, shuffling her feet in the snow. “I think peace is possible… I mean, we’re here right now talking and we’re not fighting. If we can reach an understanding, surely other people can too.”

The difficult part was getting both sides willing to sit down and talk. She doubted the respective leaders of each faction would kiss and make up if one simply hung MISTLETOE over their heads.