awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
disaster prevention [m][aoo]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 16:50:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There were reports of wild Absol habitats being agitated due to all manner of human interference as of late, and he could only pinch the bridge of his nose.

Why did they all choose to act up now, of all the times… it was getting close to the first-year anniversary of the Meteno incident and man… had it only really been a year since that damned space rock almost ended their existence?

He pinched the bridge of his nose as he came in for a landing on Ro the Metagross to the next location where the Absol were just being outright fucking feral; for once relieved that he had as much time as he could spare unlike before when he still had his title

been a while, eh?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 10:31:11 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea had been training her dragons in Meteor Falls when she heard a commotion of wild Absol yapping and snarling at each other. Whenever wild Pokémon went nuts, it wasn’t a good sign, which was doubly true for the species literally dubbed the Disaster Pokémon.

“What’s going on here? Calm down!” The dragon-costumed girl tried to placate the feral beasts, only for one of them to bite into her arm, eliciting a sharp cry of pain. “Aieeee!”

Chomper was a shoot first and ask questions later kind of guy. In fact, he didn’t ask questions. The shiny Hydreigon just barreled straight into the Absol with an Outrage.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 6:32:00 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The loud scream of pain was the very first thing that Lars caught wind off, so the moment Ro was close enough he took the leap and literally hit the ground running, summoning his Gardevoir, Lynette, who appeared in the red flash of light the moment he landed.

“Ro, can you go check what the hell’s going on over there?” he barked, to which he got a ‘white noise’ grating of confirmation from the shining silver Pokémon who then went off to try and break up the fight between Chomper the Hydreigon and the batshit feral Absol.

Him, on the other hand, arrived on the scene and saw that…

“Guess I’m going to need more backup…” he continued as he pinched the bridge of his nose before popping another Safari Ball open and watching as his Gallade, Gareth popped out.

“Gareth, can you shoo the Absol away for a while, please?” and off the Gallade went, meeting this particular feral Absol with an uppercut-style Drain Punch in order to free the very familiar person who’d been jumped on.

“Been a while,” he greeted her while his Gardevoir approached the familiar young woman for immediate first-aid.

been a while, eh?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 16:32:36 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Chomper snared and growled, looking for anything with a pulse to tear it to shreds. Ro’s sudden interference somehow made things worse. The three-headed drake looked ready to trade blows with his sworn rival, his multiple jaws igniting with flames.

“Stop! I’m fine. Absol didn’t bite me too bad, see?” Andrea rolled up her sleeve, revealing no lasting marks upon her skin where the feral cat (fox?) had bitten her. Only then did Chomper’s fury subside.

Even if she hadn’t been seriously injured, Gardevoir’s first-aid was much appreciated. The dragon-hooded girl turned to Lars. “Been a while indeed. Any idea of how to get those Absol to calm down… preferably without hurting them?” She asked.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 18:13:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The Metagross squinted at the familiar visage of the shiny Hydreigon, but didn’t rise to the bait; instead using Telekinesis to separate the two Pokémon from ripping each other apart, before eventually setting the Absol down and letting them run back off.

Thankfully, the Gallade’s blade-arms had managed to dissuade some of the angry Absol from approaching where they were while the Gardevoir ministered first-aid to the dragon-hooded young lady.

“Well, I think… it’s because it’s been… one year to the day that the meteor almost smashed our planet into pieces that’s what’s setting them off,” he mused quietly.

Maybe there was nothing they could do and wait…?

been a while, eh?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 18:34:28 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Chomper kept his reptilian gaze fixated on Ro, while hovering back to Andrea’s side. One day, the two pseudo-legendaries would settle the score for good, but today was not that day.

The young PokéManiac considered the seasoned ranger’s theory, before coming up with one of her own. “But Absol can only sense impending disasters, right? Like a sixth sense. What if they’re just trying to warn us about something?”

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2023 7:21:21 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Now that there were no more angry or upset Absol around the area, the Gallade then sat down cross-legged on the rocky ground; however his senses were still on high alert.

Once his Gardevoir had pronounced Andrea to be in satisfactory health, she then sat down beside the Gallade to keep watch while Ro the Metagross continued to stare with an unblinking eye into Chomper’s perpetually-angry visage (what, could he blame the Hydreigon for looking constantly angry) and trying to calm the other shiny Pokémon down.

“Some Absol apparently can’t get over sensing such a world-ending disaster like that one, unless…” he mused quietly.

A few moments of silence passed between them, before he looked up.

“…don’t tell me there’s another world-ending disaster looming on the horizon?!”

been a while, eh?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 15:53:52 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“N-no way!” The young PokéManiac blurted out. Even a whole year later, the wounds from Meteno were still considered fresh. Now that one of its three legendary patrons was on the loose, Hoenn had even less chances of surviving another apocalypse.

“Maybe they’re just stressed out because they remember how they felt a year ago when the meteor was near.” She proposed an alternative theory. “You know, like when you’re reminded of something sad or traumatic. Pokémon can have depression too!”

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 17:51:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At her mention of ‘depression’ and ‘trauma’ when correlated with Pokémon, he looked over at his Metagross before realizing—no, wait, he knew he had another expressive Pokémon but decided not to talk about it.

The way his lips pursed into a very thin line, though, at the mention of remembering things that were not supposed to be actively refreshed in one’s mind especially when one wanted to forget about them…

“Oh, if it were only that easy to forget and move on, wouldn’t you say?” he continued quietly as he leaned himself against one of Ro’s legs.

been a while, eh?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 14:39:23 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Now that the Absol were no longer yapping at them, Andrea tried approaching them to see if they were hurt. If any of them were sick or injured and the rest of the pack was protecting them, that could explain why they looked so agitated

She noticed the subtle shift in the former head ranger’s mood when the topic of past trauma came up. “Move on from what? Did something happen?” The draconic cosplayer quizzically asked, turning towards Lars.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 15:40:37 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I don’t know if you’ll understand… but… losing someone you deeply care about… reminded me of trying to move on but absolutely failing at it.”

The shiny Gardevoir then stood up to assist the dragon-clad young lady, offering healing aid to any Absol that wandered near where they were; while the Gallade continued to stand guard in case they were jumped by any skittish Absol who wanted to attack them.

“It’s. Hard.”

been a while, eh?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 14:57:32 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The young woman pursed her lips. She could tell that Lars was hurt, just like she was hurt when she had lost Meatloaf, her Salamence. With war waging continuously in Hoenn, loss had become a constant.

“Who did you lose, Mr. Anderson?” The dragon fanatic mustered the courage to ask.

Chomper squinted his eyes at Ro, as if saying “Spill the beans, you hunk of junk!”

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 14:05:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I lost… a lot of people I cared about. Each of them… each of them left a very deep hole when they left. When they passed on.”

There was a very short list of people that he truly cared for, however all of them were no longer in this realm of existence, taken by the veil that was present at the Border…

“And the most recent one was someone I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with.”

In the background, his Gardevoir was busy releasing calming energies to the gathering of the Absol that had settled down and around where they were seated.

been a while, eh?

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 17:25:49 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Now that the Absol seemed calmer thanks to the Gardevoir's soothing energies, Andrea felt confident enough to approach one of them, trying to gently pet its white mane. "Don't worry. We're here to help you."

Speaking of help, Lars needed a shoulder to lean on. The guy had been through a lot. Even Chomper ceased his aggression, his three heads staring at the former head ranger with pity.

"I don't know what to say... That sounds so sad." The trainer of dragons said. "Didn't they leave you anything to remember them by?" She then asked.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2023 18:20:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Thankfully the Gallade wasn’t projecting an aggressive aura anymore; yet the Metagross was still keeping a guarded aura up in case they were all jumped on.

The Gardevoir’s soothing energies continued to calm all nearby aggressive Absol down; and thankfully one of the wild Absol allowed themselves to be touched by this… this strange dragon-like creature that had a human for a face!

“I have… nothing left of my younger sister,” he continued quietly as he looked away from his companion. “As for the other…”

He continued to rub at his arms even though he didn’t feel the cold.

“All I have left of him… are these tattoos to remember him by.”

been a while, eh?