He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Unexpected Help[m]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 19:31:00 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango leaguechar"]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

With the ever growing illegal activities Rocket participated in, more and more Pokemon wind up hurt or even worse. Today Noel volunteers at a Pokemon Center that is accepting help from any and all to care for injured Pokemon. As he enters inside, immediately he sees the sort of chaos that ensues, nurses and other trainers like him rushing to help various types of Pokemon. Once he introduces himself to the receptionist, he is quickly put to work.[break][break]

With almost no instruction he is left to assist a Riolu with cuts and bruises all over its body. The poor thing was situated on a table and breathing heavily as it laid with little to no motion, only eyeing Noel as if to say, "Help". Taking a medicinal spray from a supply rack, he begins to administer the misty fluid all over the fighting-type's body. It winces in pain with a quiet cry as a reaction and tries to struggle away but all the strength had left its body.[break][break]

"Shh, I know it hurts but this'll help you I promise. You're going to have to be brave for me ok?"[break][break]

All around him similar situations were unfolding. Groups of people doing their best to save as many Pokemon as possible. He decided that by the end of the day he wouldn't rest until each and every one of them were back up on their feet with a smile on their faces. The safety of these creatures come first and foremost, it wasn't their fault they ended up like this and they should never have to go through anything like this ever again.

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".leaguechar"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
when the lights go out and i'm all alone again.
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
Unexpected Help[m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 0:50:06 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]her first assignment with the rangers is simple: assist at a pokemon center with whatever they need.

and yet, it feels daunting from the moment she enters through their automatic doors. pokemon are everywhere, their frantic trainers hovering as volunteers and nurses tend to various injuries.

she signs in at the front desk and places a makeshift name tag on her shirt before sliding over to a man and a riolu. the poor puppy looks frightened, pained, and all by its lonesome. she can't just... stand there and watch, can she?

"hey."

a small smile is flashed to the man as he readies the medicinal spray and her attention quickly shifts to the riolu as it winces in pain.

"you know, you're being very brave about this."

its head turns away from the medicine to stare at her.

"i'd say you're one tough cookie."

at the sight of its tail beginning to wag against the stainless steel table, her smile brightens and she takes the opportunity to regard the man once more.

"you need any help over here?"

pokemon home mission.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada b] color: #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Unexpected Help[m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 18:31:35 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Surprised to see the Riolu go from such a painful look to now one filled with hope, he turns to face the newly-met stranger and gives off a thankful smile.[break][break]

"Oh, thank you er...," he takes a slight moment to glance at the name tag stuck to her shirt, "Giada, any help would be really appreciated right now. Do you work here or are you a volunteer like me? Either way it seems like we've got our work cut for today."[break][break]

He pats the tiny dog-like Pokemon on the head softly, gliding his hand through its fur to reassure it that everything would be all right. It looks up to the pair with giant eyes wondering what would happen next. Taking a roll of gauze out from a supply cabinet nearby, he begins to wrap the bandage around the Riolu's body over every wound.[break][break]

"Could you get this little guy something to drink and eat please? I bet he must be hungry after everything he's been through."

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango a { font:bold 12px/9px 'Poppins'!important; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #d4d4d4; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius:5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px; margin-right:-10px; } .mango .notes { border-top:1px solid var(--accent); padding:10px 10px 0px 10px; margin:20px 30px -10px; text-align:center; [/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 58px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
Unexpected Help[m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 19:04:47 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]”oh, i’m a volunteer too!”

she’d like to say she could possibly work at the pokemon center, but she knows that’d be inaccurate and unlikely. no matter, she can still help as a volunteer and feel like something has been accomplished.

as he begins to grab gauze and start wrapping it around the riolu’s body to cover its wounds, she steals a quick glance at his name tag. noel — a nice name, rolls off the tongue.

”yeah, okay, i can do that. i’ll be right back.”

she retreats, then, and emerges from the other side of the pokemon center a few minutes later with a container of moo moo milk in one hand and an assortment of poffins and berries in the other.

”is this good? should i have grabbed more?”

pokemon home mission.

[newclass=.giada] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.giada i] text-decoration: underline dotted #A22041; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Unexpected Help[m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 18:53:33 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

He had just finished wrapping up the Riolu's body, its blue fur and black fur now covered by the bandaging. He lets out a sigh of relief now that the task had been finished. Slightly startled at Giada's return, he's happy to see that she brought more than enough food and drink for the patient.[break][break]

"Oh don't worry, this is plenty for him, thank you for your help."[break][break]

Taking a bottle of moo moo milk and a poffin from her hand, he sits the small canine-like Pokemon against his pillow and holds the bottle over its head as if nursing a baby, it taking small sips while using its paws to holds the bottle themselves. Once its strength had come back, Noel lets go so that the Riolu can drink as much as it wants whenever it'd like and sets the poffin to its side. He turns his gaze towards his aide and lets off a warm smile.[break][break]

"Thanks again, and sorry, I was so caught up in this I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Noel, it's good to meet you Giada."

All across the Pokemon Center, it seemed like everyone else was having success with their own respective stations. Shortly after his greeting, the head nurse announces to everyone on a job well done so far and for all to take a break. Some begin to take their leave to rest outside while others stay inside. Noel sits at a nearby bench to rest his body.[break][break]

"So what's your story? Sorry if I'm being blunt but I don't get to meet a lot of just normal people during my travels and you look like someone who knows how to treat Pokemon well."

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
Unexpected Help[m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 20:18:18 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]satisfied, and proud, of the correct gathering of food and drink for their small patient, she relinquishes the moo moo milk container and some poffins to noel. she can’t help the small, fond smile that rises as noel begins to assist the riolu through drinking and eating. it’s cute, she notes, definitely cute.

”no problem, happy to help!”

her smile widens, flashing friendly teeth. a moment later, one hand extends toward him.

”it’s a pleasure to meet you too, noel.”

following his lead, she moves to settle into the open space on the bench beside him as the riolu continues to munch of the assortment of snacks she brought over. her eye keeps drifting back toward the puppy every few minutes as if checking to ensure it’s still in good spirits.

”oh, um, i actually just started working with the rangers so this is kinda my first assignment.”

too honest? maybe… oh well.

”how about you?”

pokemon home mission.

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Unexpected Help[m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 18:02:21 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

Before settling in his seat, he gives back the gesture and proceeds to shake hands with the young lady, he can't help but reciprocate the same warm smile that she had given to him. Noticing her constant turn of attention back to the Riolu made him feel a sort of joy that he couldn't explain. To see someone who cared for Pokemon just as much as he did made him think that this whole journey was worth taking, and that one day days like this might never happen again.[break][break]

"Well... don't laugh because I'm sure you've heard this time and time again probably from so many people. But I want to be the Champion, I've dedicated my whole life to that one goal but I've definitely hit some snags along the way. Not only that though, I want to stop this endless war between the League and Rocket. So many people and Pokemon get hurt constantly everyday and I feel like I can't do much without the title of the best."[break][break]

Noel didn't mean to just blurt out everything all at once, maybe it was the atmosphere he was in or the fact Giada seemed so friendly to someone she had only just met. He places his hands onto the bench and looks up to the ceiling of the building, as if he was trying to see through and find something else. After a moment he snaps back to his normal self and faces the newly-met stranger once more, a slight embarrassment washing over his face.[break][break]

"Sorry I... don't really know why I said all that, I only just met you and you more than likely didn't want to hear all that."

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

nikki

gia, gigi
she/her
november 12th
celadon city, kanto
bisexual
ex-thief
???
immoral
in a stranger's lap.
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
705 posts
giada morgan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @giada
giada morgan
Unexpected Help[m]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 18:16:48 GMT
giada morgan Avatar
[attr="class","giada"]
[attr="class","giada b"]
[attr="class","giada i”]champion, huh? a lofty dream, though she can't say she doesn't respect the way he's aiming for the top. it's impressive, really, to place your hope in a simple title. she's almost envious, in a way, that he has a clear goal in mind. could she say the same?

a hum escapes at the thought.

"hm, i dunno... you could still be the best man for that without needing the title, you know?"

it takes more strength to remain kind in the face of the cold cruelty the world contains. at least, she thinks so... though, is she really that great at judging character? considering her background and the skeletons she hides in her closets, she doubts it.

a hand rises to idly wave the apology out of the air as if it's nothing more than lingering smoke.

"no worries! i don't mind listening."

her smile spreads, warming at the edges.

"it's nice to hear other people's dreams sometimes - helps you understand people more, kind of."

pokemon home mission.

close tab

played by

Ryan

He/Him
July 2
Dewford Town
Straight
Trainer
Cadet
5'9 height
5'9 height
awards
703 posts
Noel Parker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hellboyryan
Noel Parker
Unexpected Help[m]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 18:43:55 GMT
Noel Parker Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]

[attr="class","body"]

But if he didn't have that prize... Then what would he do? Surely he could continue on as he's doing now, yet the world would never know who he was or the work he'd done. Every now and then in moments like these where he's asked if becoming the Champion is really worth it, his mind becomes plagued with doubt. Was he up to the task? Once he was there, then what? Pushing aside these feelings deep into his heart, he'd deal with whatever problem may come when the moment arrives.[break][break]

"Thanks for that... I don't really have any chance to speak my mind like this. I've been caught up in all the fights that maybe it's just taking its toll on me. It seems like it's all I'm doing these days."[break][break]

Noel had no idea just who Giada was, however her kind and gentle demeanor proved to him that she could be trusted. Everyone he had met up to this point seemed so caught up in their own struggles that he had no time to learn about who they were. All this time he'd been talking about himself, so now he figured he would learn about someone else for a change.[break][break]

"And yourself? Is there anything you're working towards Giada? That is, if you're all right with sharing."

[attr="class","notes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights