[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]league - ultra deep sea
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]EXTRACTION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: PREPARATION

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]After surviving a journey to the deepest extremities of Ultra Deep Sea, you find yourselves in a chamber with a glowing, magenta organ pulsing in its center. It's a gargantuan core that continuously emits energy. Terrifyingly, the radiation it spreads seemingly distorts space and time around it.[break][break]

Around you, Poison Tera Crystals, minerals imbued with Dynamax Energy, and more exist for you to mine, harvest, and gather.[break][break]

To overcome the energy's paranoia or hallucinogenic effects, designate someone who will take the brunt of the core's radiation.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Designate one character.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Take the brunt equally.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#b35ab3;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
EXTRACTION: ANDREA & ISAAC
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2023 16:08:51 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
She really shouldn't have come back here after what'd happened last time, but the lull of the Ultra Sea was too strong to resist. Perhaps being affected by Nihilego toxins even once made one inextricably linked to this place. It beckoned Andrea like an extraterrestrial pied pipper.

The young PokéManiac wore her Hydreigon-inspired Sygna Suit, which allowed her squishy human body to survive even in the deepest parts of the alien, pseudo-underwater realm with no complications. With Chomper and Mecha-Chomper in tow, they made for a set of three!

While her body was safe, her mind was a different story. The maddening geometric structure before her defied comprehension, and despite common sense dictating that touching the giant lifelike crystal was probably a bad idea, her hand was subconsciously drawn towards it.

"Ooooh, shinyyyy..."

Designate one character.

RKS POINTS: 50

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 19:39:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The warm, soothing Pressure of his bond with Suicune, or the protective armored shell of Neo's Sygna Suit? Only one of these could keep the horrors of the Ultra Deep Sea at bay for long, but Isaac had become so accustomed to his connection with Suicune that it was almost hard to go without. Besides, the power he'd gained could make all the difference in facing those horrors head-on. [break][break]

It turned Isaac was even more right than he'd thought. As he entered the Ultra Deep Sea, he could make out someone moving towards one of its many shining crystals in the distance. Not good. Not good at all. Nothing that pulsed like a beating heart and glowed like cartoon radiation could be good to get near, let alone touch.[break][break]

Isaac threw caution to the wind, and the wind took him in turn. In moments, he was able to cover distances he never could on foot. With any luck, he'd be able to get there in time to prevent the girl from making contact with the crystal.[break][break]

"Wait, don't touch that!" His voice, familiar as it was, seemed to carry across the breeze. Perhaps, to Andrea, it would seem like there was no sign of her friend. However, that would change as the winds rushed past her, unfurling to reveal . . . someone very different looking, standing between her and the crystal. "Even with your Sygna, touching that could be real dangerous."[break][break]

At that point, Andrea would likely notice two things. The first was that, despite the browner hair and bulkier build, that voice was unmistakably Isaac's. The second was that, for all he warned about the dangers of touching that crystal, his back was resting ever so slightly against it.[break][break]

Turned out, it was hard to decelerate when running like the wind. Who knew?

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 23:43:46 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: COMFORTING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]As materials are mined and gathered, the designated trainer(s) will begin to experience heightened anxiety and fear. The walls around you are slightly translucent. They are fleshy and pink, pulsing with energy ever so often. Through them, you can view the great starry fields of space.[break][break]

Threats may begin to encroach upon this chamber. Nihilego, Poipole, Naganadel, and mutated Pokemon who have found themselves unluckily teleported here.[break][break]

The heightened mental anguish may also take a toll, requiring healing or barriers against assaults of the mind. However, there is limited time to mine. What will you do?

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on heals/defense.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Focus on mining.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 10:49:55 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Swoosh.

Who was this absolute unit of a man? The dissonance between a familiar voice and an unfamiliar visage left the girl at a loss for words. "I-Isaac...?!" She muttered in dumbstruck surprise, lowering her arm.

The warning was duly noted, but the former Rocket was bad at following his own advice (as established in the previous thread), touching the crystal with his back. That, in turn, triggered some kind of defense system, Nihilego swarming towards the trainers like white blood cells attacking a foreign organism.

"Barron, Protect!" Andrea sent out her Aggron, the armor-clad rhinoceros creating a barrier of light that pushed the alien jellyfish back. Chomper and Mecha-Chomper also defended their trainer with their draconic might.

"Why do you look so different? Am I going crazy?" The young PokéManiac asked Isaac, turning back towards him with a frantic, borderline paranoid look.

Focus on heals/defense.

RKS POINTS: 100

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 19:38:29 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Ah, crapbaskets."[break][break]

Luckily, he and Andrea's heads were in the same place. A pair of Aggron rained down on the battlefield, Andrea's own putting up a first layer of Protection while Isaac's soaked up any attacks that made their way through. Once sufficiently supercharged, she returned the favor in a Metal Burst to push back the incoming hordes.[break][break]

"Good to see ya too, Andrea," Isaac snarked, because of course the girl was more concerned with his new fit to say hello. Then again, it wasn't like he'd had time to say hi either. "C'mon, I don't look that different, do I?"[break][break]

He did. For starters, he had his eye again, now a bright pink thanks to 's expertise. All of the healing after his near death experience lead to his gains playing some serious catch-up. While he'd always been surprisingly toned, it wasn't like Andrea had stolen any peeks before. Even his hair was more feathery and lively than it had been in the past, though the roots of blonde poking through betrayed that it had been another special.[break][break]

"Let's just say I've been through a lot." Understatement of the year, as the mild fatigue in his voice and the slight hint of guilt in his smile betrayed. "Walk and talk? Once we're no longer under attack?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 20:29:41 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Everything in this realm appeared to be specifically designed to kill them. But hey, that didn't mean they couldn't have a casual talk. Sometimes it was the small things that helped people maintain their grip on their sanity.

After a couple Outrages from Chomper, a few Dragon Pulses from Mecha-Chomper, and an explosive Heavy Slam courtesy of Andrea's Aggron who was the heaviest boy, the Nihilego began to lose interest in killing the humans, some of them already retreating.

"OK let's talk. How's your Gym challenge going?" Andrea asked Isaac, while carefully maneuvering her way around the bodies of knocked out Ultra Beasts.

Focus on heals/defense.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2023 4:15:17 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Well, I went for the champion assessment, but . . ." Arceus, how did Isaac ever think that would work out? He'd barely figured out his own heart, and he thought he could stand to represent an entire region?[break][break]

No. He knew he couldn't. That failure of an interview was exactly what he needed to confirm that. From this interview came Galar, and the 20 years of perspective Isaac needed to become someone better. From Galar came 's seizure, the spark that lit the flame of Isaac's rebellion and marked his exit from Rocket. From his escape came 's retribution, the deaths of five of his Pokemon and, in another world, himself.[break][break]

From all this came Suicune.[break][break]

"I wasn't ready." Understatement of the year. "But I took on another two gyms, and now I'm feeling all fired up and ready to go. Once things've calmed down a little, I'm gonna see if this next shot goes better than the last one." Callan was no longer a part of the Elite . . . Three? He was going to have to find someone else to put his trust behind, but in a way it was better. He couldn't hide behind his comforts forever.[break][break]

"You take any more steps on yours? Or has running your gym been keeping you busy?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 15:00:14 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONDEMNING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Eventually, the Eternatus core expels enough energy to cause the designated trainers experience extreme distress and fright. At first, they may point out things, Pokemon, or people that do not exist; however, over time, their hallucinations begin to manifest into reality.[break][break]

The Poison Tera Crystals glow bright as all manner of terrible things appear, drawn from the conscious of those affected by the Eternatus core. Eventually, these manifested figures will expire, disintegrating into nothing but residual Dynamax Energy.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a fusion Pokemon.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Battle a manifested trauma/memory.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 15:05:20 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“I’ve heard the Champion assessment is really tough. Even if you failed, it’s a huge deal that you made it that far. I hope your second try goes better!” Andrea remarked with an optimistic smile. “As for me, I’ll be taking on my next Gym soon. Wish me luck!”

The massive crystal in the center of the room emitted a blinding flash, violently interrupting their little chit-chat. It seemed that Eternatus was determined to expel the two humans from its body, even if it meant scaring the crap out of them with madness-inducing illusions.

Through the light, a nebulous form began to take shape. Was it an amalgamation of a Pokémon, or an apparition from the past coming back to haunt them? It was nondescript enough that it could be either of those oddly specific things. One thing was for sure, it was heading towards them!

“Get ready, Chomper, Mecha-Chomper, Barron.” Andrea and her team of monsters braced themselves for this unknown enemy that may or may not have been a manifestation of their innermost fears and regrets.

? ? ?

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 17:27:20 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"I'll do my best out there. You give it yours too, alright?" He flashed Andrea a confident smile, knowing she'd succeed no matter what gym was put in her path. "Which gym are you scoping out? I might see if I can pop in to cheer you on."[break][break]

He could run across the region as fast as the wind. Of course he could. But why not leave a little bit of a surprise?[break][break]

Such was the question Eternatus asked as its innards generated a hell of a surprise. Constanty shifting in form, and wreathed in blinding light, Isaac could identify nothing about the figure bar the direction in which it traveled; right towards them, quickly and aggressively.[break][break]

Quickly, Isaac clenched his fists. Mist began to swirl around them, collapsing first into water, then into ice. The process still took some time, but with each crack he took at the art he got quicker on the draw. This time, he was able to comfortably whip up two weapons before they were engaged. The first was a blade of ice, its grip perfectly conformed to his fingers.[break][break]

The second, a pair of clawed gauntlets, Isaac held out to Andrea as an offering. "It's no fire breath, but it'll have to do," he said, finally giving Andrea access to a dragon's second favorite weapon.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2023 18:21:11 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“T-thanks? Wait, how did you make these?” Andrea stared at the icy gauntlets in confusion, wondering how to even use them. Her hands were sock puppets styled after Hydreigon’s heads, increasing her Coolness stat by 100%, but reducing her Dexterity stat by 50%.

She would have to redesign her Sygna Suit to be more flexible, because this hyper-realistic approach just wasn’t practical.

For the time being, she settled for putting the gauntlets inside the fake mouths like makeshift dentures or tusks made of ice. “I’ve been doing some physical training these last few months. I can’t fight like a Pokémon quite yet, but I can hold my own.”

The enemy finally showed its face. Was it a fusion Pokémon or a manifested trauma? The answer was a bit of both. Before them stood a behemoth of ice and scales--a freakish amalgamation between Salamence and Kyurem.

351.336.png

“M-Meatloaf?!” The Hydreigon-cosplaying girl muttered in horror, staggering backwards. Her repressed memories of Meteno resurfaced; the fear of the hollow beast and the Glaciate that had claimed her partner’s life. “N-no… Please, don’t make me fight you! I can’t hurt you!”

Battle a fusion Pokemon.

RKS POINTS: 150

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,322 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 20:57:33 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Isaac shot Andrea a cheeky grin, laced with mystery. "Like I said. I've been through a lot," he said. Okay, so maybe he was relishing in the mystery at this point. He'd have to tell the truth to the poor girl later, but maybe this wasn't the right time.[break][break]

Isaac wasn't the only one with buried traumas to dig into.[break][break]

"Andrea!" The girl staggered back and Isaac stepped before her, standing in the path of the fusion beast before it could lunge for her fangs-first. Instead, its teeth snapped around Isaac's ice blade, which he used not to attack but instead to protect them from imminent doom.[break][break]

"The mists . . . they don't fight fair." Even with Suicune's powers backing him up, Isaac was a man staring down a monster. It stepped forward, leaning into its bite and forcing Isaac down to a knee. It was clear from the strain in his voice that he couldn't hold out for long. "They take stuff from your heads. Good. Bad. None of it's real, but it all feels real."[break][break]

CRACK! The ice blade snapped between the fused beast's teeth. Its head barreled into Isaac's gut, forcing him to crumple. Then, before he could recover from the daze, it wheeled around to smash him in the side with its turbine-like tail. The force of the blow launched Isaac right into the wall, leaving him crumpled.[break][break]

"You gotta . . ." Bar one last groan, he fell quiet.[break][break]

Content, the nightmarish hybrid of Meatball and his murderer turned to face Andrea. It stared at her appraisingly, a predatory hunger in its eyes.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 10:53:02 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]STAGE: CONTROLLING

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]The mental anguish rises to unbearable levels. As the Eternatus core whirs, the fleshy walls begin to swarm with pink eye-like shapes. Still, through these translucent barriers, you catch a glimpse of a nearby planet. One that looks suspiciously like the one you all live in—except that a large portion of it seems covered in land.[break][break]

You must escape with your gathered material. Your ally or allies may be incapacitated by the paranoia settling in their psyches, or perhaps, the eldritch mutations beginning to metamorphose their body or bodies.[break][break]

Depending on how much your characters have mined, you may need to lessen your extracted load to ensure successful escape from this wretched place. After all, the horrors that reside here may make chase.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Lessen the load and escape.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Escape with your full load.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2023 10:56:38 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
“Isaac-!” The icy avatar almost died (again), which meant it was up to the traumatized cosplayer to save the day, who took his last advice to heart. BRAVE in the face of overwhelming heartache, she did what needed to be done. “I’m sorry, Meatloaf! Chomper, Draco Meteor!”

STRENGTHENED by Andrea’s Sygna Suit, the three-headed dragon summoned a catastrophic meteor shower that reduced the abominable fusion to floating bits of Dynergy.

Angered by the rampant destruction of its own insides, Eternatus amplified its mind-corrupting influences to the point that staying in the realm became unbearable. That was their cue to run the hell away, mining be damned.

“Hnnn… We need to get outta here!” Andrea winced from the worst case of migraine. “Stupid Isaac… Why didn’t you use your Pokémon?” She affectionately berated the passed out youth, while reaching down to help him.

Seeing how its trainer was struggling to lift a grown ass man on her own, the girl’s Aggron reached down in her stead, hoisting a thankfully still breathing Isaac over its broad, hard shoulder.

Lessen the load and escape.

RKS POINTS: 250