twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 10:04:59 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]after a particularly gruesome day chipping away at paperwork amongst other duties assigned to them, the councilwoman and the advisor are finally able to call it a day. their work has yet to conclude but it never does in their line of work. it continues day by day, perhaps never to come to an end.

but this is what they signed up for. this is what is expected of them.

with a soft sigh, he slides the last batch of paperwork over to the side of the desk before leaning back in the chair.

"well done to us. we deserve a drink to celebrate, wouldn't you agree?"
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 18:26:33 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hardly.
[Break][break]
The region was still brimming with issues as widespan as it's own geography. And yet... A drink did sound good right about then.
[Break][break]
"If you're the one suggesting it," she smiled, eyes sparkling with a sudden flare of interest.
[Break][break]
Lifting from her desk chair, who almost immediately let out a sigh of relief, the councilwoman sauntered over to the side pocket of her office, where a small cart stood, stocked with several bottles ranging from scotch to whiskey to wine.
[Break][break]
"Any preference?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 8:01:56 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","stone"]
[attr="class","stonemain"]his head shakes as he steps over to one of the windows of her office—the space more than familiar to him—and answers over his shoulder.

"i'll have the same as you."

he looks over ever grande with both fondness and worry, caught in the same position he found himself in years ago before his death. the instinctual desire to protect the region will always come at a cost, he's long realized.

when he hears her approaching again, he turns, meeting her with a smile as he accepts the drink.

"thank you."
[attr="class","stonetag"]
[attr="class","stonepoke"]
[newclass=.stone] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.stonemain] margin: 0 auto; width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.stonetag] text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-bottom: -15px; padding-top: 15px;[/newclass][newclass=.stone b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stone u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.stone a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.stonepoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:30px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 22:14:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Uncertainty threaded the region, turning fears into possible realities. Most lived their lives, blissfully ignorant to the extent of devastation these possibilities withold. But, together, the two politicians shared this burden of knowledge. This burden of steering and evading.
[Break][break]
"Don't complain if it's not up to your standards then," she teased, while pouring out the dark liquid into two intricate glass cups.
[Break][break]

"Sometimes it amazes me we're still here." The admission was given alongside the beverage. "If it's not a meteor, it's an alternative reality trying to kill us. If it's not them, it's aliens. And if it's not aliens, it's ourself."
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 7:01:14 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","alex devoncorp"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i would never."[break][break]

he raises the glass cup for a sip, careful and almost precise with the way he drinks as though to savor the taste. or, to delay.[break][break]

"in that regard, it seems not much has changed in recent years."[break][break]

her curious choice of words catches his attention. he prods at it, wanting to know more.[break][break]

"what do you mean by ourselves?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".devoncorp"] --accent:#649187!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 7:20:39 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Team Rocket, The League - we fight, but we're both people living in the same region."
[break][break]

Stealing a sip from her drink, the councilwoman nestled onto the couch set against the wide window. One arm lounging along the back rest, with the other cradling her drink, she invited him over with a gentle nudge of her chin.
[break][break]

"you'd think aliens would be enough to bring us together," she laughed bitterly to herself, shaking her head, "yet here we are. still fighting."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 7:27:35 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"in the same world," he corrects.[break][break]

he doesn't laugh when she does, though he does crack the smallest of smiles that pokes out behind the glass of his drink. it remains even after he sets the glass down.[break][break]

"conflict is our very nature—human nature—but war isn't. that's where the discrepancy is often blurred."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".alex"] --accent: #649187 } .alex b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .alex { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .alex .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .alex .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .alex .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".alex .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .alex .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .alex .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 7:47:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Her rejected offer was noted, but not touched upon.
[break][break]
"I disagree. War defines our history, and by extension, our growth."
[break][break]
Whether she wanted to agree with the notion or not, even Hoenn's recent history defined the means of trial by fire. Mega evolution, avatarship, sygna suits, and now dynamaxing. All evolutions granted through the pressures of combat and possible extinction. 

[break][break]
"It's by human nature that we spin these minor conflicts into wars. But that doesn't make it any less pointless."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 7:53:53 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

he disagrees again, though unlike the very topic they speak of, he does not challenge her views nor does he desire to incite conflict. he simply offers his point of view, shared over a drink.[break][break]

"war is an excuse for unaddressed conflicts when it should be an ultimatum. a last resort when all else has failed and no compromise can be found."[break][break]

only now does he accept her offer. he joins her on the couch and settles down next to her, his features accentuated by the moonlight that glimmers through the wide window.[break][break]

"i speak of an ideal world, of course. in ours, it seems war has become commonplace."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
overboard
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 8:27:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"An ideal world lacks the root cause of these conflicts," she reminds the advisor, eyebrow flicking upward. The reporter was previously known for her optimism. Back chaos flooded through the airwaves, reminding us of the meteor hurling towards hoenn, she'd been the sole reporter to stand against the grain. To note the reasons for survival, rather than the doom many others accepted.
[break][break]

But brandishing optimism doesn't concede one's sense of realism.
[break][break]

"War will never be a last resort as long as greed exists."
[break][break]

A beat separated her thoughts, parting them into two forking paths.
[break][break]

"Which is why your story used to interest me so much."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
overboard
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 5:14:25 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

war and greed and history are far too complicated for them to dumb it down into minute statements. they can trace causes back to their roots but there's nothing that can be done once they find out. no change they can make or influence that will positively affect the future.[break][break]

it's a bleak realization, one that his old self would have challenged, but one that he now knows is fact.[break][break]

he approaches the forking paths with curiosity.[break][break]

"my story?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
overboard
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 22:50:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

", champion of Hoenn, sacrifices himself during the three day war."
[break][break]

The council woman spoke languidly, swaying her glass gently in the air, just enough to watch the dark liquid tumble into itself. Her gaze, on the other hand, stayed trained onto the subject matter himself.
[break][break]

"In a world dominated by egotism, what's more selfless than dying for what you believe in?"
[break][break]

Self sacrifice. When asked, many pretend to hold the courage to go through such acts. 'I'll do it,' they say, 'i'll do anything for you.' But when threats unsheathes themselves, consciousness forces these heroes into cowards.
[break][break]

"It inspired me back then. Proved that good - real good - still existed out there."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
overboard
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:31:27 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

for better or worse, his death, as she so aptly shares, tells the story of a man so selfless that he gave his life fighting for his home. a man cherished by many for his contributions, leadership, and inspiration.[break][break]

people need hope, as he had once said.[break][break]

but his story has long been marred by movements in the dark, intentions so impure that no one would ever suspect him.[break][break]

"does it still inspire you now?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
overboard
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 7:08:33 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I'm more so left curious by it."
[break][break]

In some ways, this was far from a typical drink shared amongst colleagues. It was a dissection. And in this scenario, Penelope was the scientist, and Mr. Stone was no more than the Frogadier.
[break][break]

"If given the chance, would you do it again?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
overboard
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2023 4:57:58 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

"i would."[break][break]

the lack of hesitation in his voice could attributed to a few things: his selflessness, his optimism, or the mere fact that he sits here next to her, very much alive again.[break][break]

"i made many mistakes in my life but dying was not one of them. it's as you said: i died fighting for my beliefs. i gave it my all and came up short but if it had made even the smallest of differences, then i would do it all again in a heartbeat."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]