Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
ISOLATION [M]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2024 14:40:24 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"You're here to stop Walsh."[break][break]

Isaac looked at Baki, his poker face as strong as ever. The calm his patron's gifts stirred in him made it even harder to read what he was thinking than usual. Was it confusion? Disbelief? Amusement? Apathy?[break][break]

"Not alone, you're not." The smile that slipped onto his face made the answer clear. Pride. The region needed more dreamers to push against the limits of what was possible. For too long it lay smothered beneath its own weight. Not anymore, damnit. "I've got your back, alright? And I'm not the only one."[break][break]

, their mutual mentor, would have their backs no matter what. , a fellow traitor scorned, would jump at the chance to make things right. So, too, would , were Isaac to finally reach him. would probably be the proudest man alive to see so many of Hoenn's lost and damned striving together to make things right.[break][break]

It'd be a hard, thankless road, but maybe they could finally make things right.[break][break]

He sighed softly, as if winding himself down from the vision he'd painted. "It won't be some magic bullet that stops all this, y'know." "Rocket Boss" was a title that would outlive Walsh, just as it had outlived his predecessor. There was but one Rocket who held the others' chains, but such a role wasn't tied to a single man's life. "But, Arceus, I need to see him torn down a peg."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
986 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
ISOLATION [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 5:04:04 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu"]
[attr="class","star1tsu"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu"]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]Baki can't help but give a half-hearted smile at that enthusiasm. Given her inclination, a monumental task. Once the front had fallen, she rarely took toward showing anything of the sort. Isaac had that special something to make a gloomy girl like her feel hope, even for a moment.[break][break]

Even so, it quickly fades. [break][break]

"Great, it's a suicide pact, then."[break][break]

An entire League had crumbled before. What made Hoenn any different from Kanto in that respect? Everything was steady, the resistance was strong, but it fell in the end. Rocket won. And now they were here, to do the same in Hoenn.[break][break]

"I've seen exactly what that man's done, up close and personal. Can't leave it alone. Bet you feel the same way. Everyone would. But even so, after all that... after all the posturing, Kanto's still under Rocket control, y'know?"[break][break]

One day, she'll return and fix that. [break][break]

But only once Walsh is in a shallow grave somewhere. [break][break]

"Appreciate the tentiment, but Words are cheap, Merlo. That's what I'm saying."[break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
ISOLATION [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 14:08:51 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Words are cheap.[break][break]

If that was so, how much was laughter worth?[break][break]

It hurt Isaac's ribs, part from the injection and part from the harrowing ordeal of the island in the first place. Had he not been bound to a chair like Hannibal Lecter, Isaac might have fallen right off. Nevertheless, Isaac could barely hold it back, a wave of dramatic irony breaking through every defense he had left up as it crashed down atop him.[break][break]

"You're right, you're right," he said as he recovered, bracing himself a little on his chair so he could slip back into place. "But lemme tell you something, Baki. Rocket's strongest underboss came for me on my way out. He had an army of shadows, my own so-called gift, and Lugia itself primed and ready to hunt me down."[break][break]

"It was hell. They tore me to shreds. Slaughtered my team. Pretty sure I even died at their hands." As he spoke, peals of light drifted across his body. Occasionally, they flared out, shifting into little flashes of color and sensation. Calming ripples of blue. Waves of green, inspiring compassion when beheld. Precious, golden courage. "And you know what?"[break][break]

"I only came back stronger."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
986 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
ISOLATION [M]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 20:25:03 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]She watches him with a deadly serious expression for a long time. After an uncomfortable silence, finally, she speaks.[break][break]

"You're not the only one has killed, then."[break][break]

It's so serious, she wonders if he might start laughing again. She waits for that pregnant silence to really sink in, however, before she continues. [break][break]

"Killed , too. I'll never forgive him."[break][break]

But that was the thing. Of all the people who were killed and came back stronger, so many hadn't been so lucky to be near at the time. Was it really wise, using that resurrection power with impunity? The Border would surely come to claim the dead if it was deprived its subjects. [break][break]

She takes a step forward and loosens the restraints, her blood collected. There wasn't any reason to keep him here anymore.[break][break]

"Just... try not to die again. Comin' back stronger ain't worth it. Not everyone's gotta be strong, anyway..."[break][break]

She echoes her mentors words to him. The words she'd casually disregarded, but internalized all the same. Not everyone had to be strong, but those who were... they needed a purpose. Seemed she and Isaac had both found theirs. [break][break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/r3Sgi2E.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
ISOLATION [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 14:14:38 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"It's funny. I should have all the reason in the world to hate him."[break][break]

A part of him wanted to hate with all of his heart. It was the smart thing to do. If given even the slightest oppprtunity, he'd slaughter Isaac as readily as he'd slaughtered his team. It was arguably the moral thing to do, too. The man was an unrepentant part of the machine dismantling Hoenn from the inside. He was a monster.[break][break]

Yet Isaac couldn't help but remember the honor he showed in accepting supplies from their enemy to feed the people of Sootopolis. The same went for their walk in the woods, where he confessed his doubts in Walsh's sudden vicious turn. Then there was Galar, where a fresh start allowed Cil to know peace for the first time in Arceus knows how long. He didn't have to be this way, and yet there was nothing else he could be.[break][break]

Despite everything, Isaac didn't hate Cil. He pitied him.[break][break]

"But that doesn't change that he's gotta go down." He couldn't hate those who shaped him in Rocket. He couldn't let that lack of hate stay his hand. Those two truths would need to coexist, or else he'd be as good as useless in the war to come. When all was said and done, he could drop his sword for an outstretched hand. "For Hoenn. For Kanto. And, hell, for us."[break][break]

For Baki, maybe. Was there room for Isaac in the world to come next? He'd already cheated death more times than he could count. He'd have to pay the piper eventually. The reaper man was waiting for him in the Border, already intimately familiar with the feeling of his soul in its clutches.[break][break]

"No promises-" No. Her voice was sober, serious. Baki already carried enough pain. She didn't need his on top of it all. "But I'll do my best."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
986 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
ISOLATION [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 0:40:34 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu"]There's a fierce look in her eye til Merlo adds that last bit. [break][break]

She can't blame him for the sentiment. The world to come isn't theirs to inherit. They've done enough to make it a worse place, the least they can do is correct their mistakes. If that means laying down their lives, then... [break][break]

Well, she gets it. But she can't agree with it.[break][break]

"The last thing this world needs is more people dying, on either side."[break][break]

She stares at him for a moment. Then her eyes shift to the vials on the desk, containing traces of that toxic chain. There's a storm brewing. He knows just as well as anyone what the arrival of those Megalopolans means. Soon, everything will come to a head.[break][break]

"Gonna need more than just the League to stop what's to come. You and I are proof, there's people in Rocket who wanna do good. Just don't know how. We need them on our side. Can't convince 'em if you're dead."[break][break]

She holds out her hand, to help yank him out of his chair and onto his feet. [break][break]

"... Gonna need more than your best, Merlo."[break][break]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,311 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
ISOLATION [M]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 14:04:39 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]They were living proof that the world could be better. Yet the world would have to choose to be better. Be it for fear, or for selfishness, or for genuine loyalty, not every Rocket would see things their way. No matter how hard they tried, when this war came to its end dozens would be in chains.[break][break]

Until then, he could only hope they'd face their common enemy. He'd trust in .[break][break]

"You got the slightest idea how little you've narrowed it down?" he asked, a teasing grin on his face. "Pretty sure there's half a dozen gathering storms on our doorstep. And that's just the stuff we know's gonna be trouble." What if the League doubters were right about Dynamax? What if was about Avatarship?[break][break]

What if every desperate move Hoenn made towards survival only damned them more?[break][break]

"But, hey. You've got a good head on your shoulders. Bet once they see what you've been cooking, they'll have the sense to hear you out." He took her outstretched hand, equal parts a help to his feet and a handshake's seal. "And if you need a helping hand, I got you. I'm good at holding smarter people's stuff while they figure out how to save the universe"[break][break]

A teasing grin spread across his face. "Just spare me the ambush next time, eh?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights