POSTED ON Nov 14, 2023 3:49:54 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"You ok?" Mint called out, stopping to wait for his companion as he pulled on his outer layrs while they prepared to dive deeper into the basement of SHOAL CAVE. He'd waited for the tides to drop before sending out a text, asking Oscar to meet him there ASAP! [break][break]

It hadn't been very long since his friend had gotten back and he was more than happy to see him. Even if his busier than usual; schedule had made it a little hard to welcome back the guy. But he'd do so now! With a bird hunt!! And then complimentary Starbucks and/or Coldstone later!! [break][break]

"You can tell me if you are. I won't dog on you too hard." he added, taking a moment to take a swig from his water bottle before shoving it into his backpack. There's not exactly a need for disguises today. Anybody could go to the SHOAL CAVE after all, and it wasn't like this was a definite lead. But it's a start. If the Galarian bird was anything like its Kantonian counterpart, maybe it'd like to squirrel itself away inside the lower floors of the icy cave.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc | bird hunt iced edition [break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/5f/70/tB3zuJGp_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
freezer burn
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 17:20:55 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Of course Oscar came, he had been looking forward to hunting the Galarian birds with Mint ever since the idea was proposed to him. He just wished they could have started somewhere warmer, he knew venturing into Shoal Cave was inevitable but once again he underestimated how cold it would be. He had on standard winter wear, but with how thin he was it did little to defend him from the cold.

Oscar reeled as they entered the cave, immediately lambasting the chill with a string of expletives. It caused him to lag behind, which prompted Mint to wonder if he was okay. Recalling how Mint treated Oscar when he was sick, the former beast did not want to give Mint a reason to worry about him.

"Yeah I'm fine!" He called out as he repressed his shivers. "Just acclimating to the--climate." Oscar revved himself up, taking a few deep breathes before running to catch up with Mint. "So uh, where should we start looking? Do you think the Galarian Articuno would have gone as deep as the original?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,659 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
freezer burn
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2024 3:14:13 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

Mint waits for his friend to catch up, watching the poor CEO shiver. His ace was cold, sure, but the copious thick layers and heat tech he wore were keeping him fairly toasty. And compared to the Silent Icelands, this place wasn't that bad. At least there wasn't any wind chill down here. "Hehe, well if your hands get cold I could always warm 'em up?" he offered, winking at him. [break][break]

Only to produce a couple of handwarmers a minute laughter and snicker at the taller man. "I packed plenty, jsut in case." he said. While he was at it, he let out his Flaeon, Arrabiata. The fire type barked happily before looking up at Oscar and sniffing at him. "Get pumped, girl! Oscar's taking you out for walkies!" he said. Instantly the Flareon seemed to burn brighter, putting off an almost visible layer of heat and standing beside Oscar. [break][break]

"Mmm... Maybe. I figured they may be similar... thinks maybe not so much, but I think it's a good start. Zapdos did say it could...sense its siblings and their counterparts. Maybe they'd wanna meet." Or Fight. But they would've noticed the birds fighting already wouldn't they? Or at least, the least would. [break][break]

"We'll go as deep as we can but I heard the innermost parts are blocked off by Articuno. They're cocooning in there or something after getting clipped by Kyurem." he said with a shrug. "Possibly anyway. I feel like it's been long enough for a clipped wing to heal. It's pride is probably hurt." he added casually as he continued down.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/5f/70/tB3zuJGp_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
freezer burn
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2024 18:26:30 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Mint stopped to offer his hands to warm Oscar, and the shocked Oscar found himself blushing--unsure how to respond. Of course it was just a gaffe, with Mint revealing the handwarmers. This made Oscar's face light up even more, but despite his embarrassment he would accept the handwarmers in good humor. "Why thank you, this is just what I needed!"

Oscar shoved his hands and their warmers into his coat pockets as Mint's flareon began frolicking around him. Normally the affection of Mint's dogs made him nervous, but the flareon's warming aura was more than welcome today. As they pressed forward, Oscar would respond to Mint's statements.

"Knowing Zapdos it's more than happy to stay as far away as it can from its relatives. I don't think it likes them very much." Zapdos was likely not hostile, but it seemed to enjoy its solitude. Its more social cousins were probably an unwelcome presence within its vicinity--hence its reluctance to help seek them out.

The mention of Articuno made Oscar curious, and he would muse out loud as they began trekking through a rockier passage. "A bit ironic that the fuckin' ice bird would get done in by the ice dragon. Then again Kyurem's power level is off the fuckin' charts. Articuno is more of a natural freeze, Kyurem is like--an apocalyptic sci-fi freeze."

As they continued forward, Oscar realized something that would require the expertise of Mint to put to rest. "The other Articuno, the one from Galar, is it an ice type?"

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,659 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
freezer burn
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2024 3:51:14 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Don't mention it." Mint said, still grinning as he managed to fluster his friend for a few moments before leading on. "Mmm, well I guess if it's famous enough to be called a sibling it'd get sick of them after a while too." he shrugged. His Flareon kept close to Oscar, offering support as they moved over slick rocks and deeper into the cave, avoiding pokemon that inhabited the place. [break][break]

He perked up at the mention of Kyurem. "I'm till so curious to know how it got so massive. In the old texts, its maybe a bit bigger than Zekrom and Reshiram." he explained. "What's funnier to me is that Articuno got clipped trying to freeze Kyurem. It had no chance." Perhaps the intense infinity energy it held was the only thing that kept Articuno from completely freezing over. It's lucky. [break][break]

Mint slows his pace, managing to climb over something particularly slippery before leaning on the wall and offering his hand to Oscar as he pointed it out. "The Galar variant? Not sure it's an ice type at all, surprisingly." he said with a small shrug. "In GOODBYE GALAR, we fought one of those me and-" he stopped himself before pushing forward anyway. "Me and were on the front lines as one of those thing, I think, attacked us. It didn't use any ice moves then." He's not too familiar with the Galarian variants, but there was research being pumped in from the Galar Rocket branch. "It didn't even flap it's wings, but the bird still floated. So something lie ka ghost or psychic type, in my opinion." he added.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
freezer burn
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 3:22:53 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar tapped his chin, trying his best to think deeply while navigating the uneven terrain of the cave. "Galar again." He said out loud, nearly to no one. By this point Oscar had heard a great deal about what had happened with Galar, yet he still understood none of it. The puzzle pieces fit together, but the image it made looked wrong. As if it was blended up in a paint mix or something.

"It would make sense that the Galarian variant would appear in Galar I guess." Oscar mused while carefully moving up a frozen slope. "I don't really understand what had happened though. Every time it's explained to me it makes less sense. I wish I could have been there."

Oscar briefly paused as he recalled some of the more traumatic stories he had heard. Sure the best way to get what happened would be to experience what happened, but perhaps it was best that he did not. "Maybe I don't though."

Oscar pressed forward, trying to keep up with his companion. "I guess what I'm thinking is, it probably wouldn't bother being somewhere this cold if it weren't an ice type. Maybe it would be drawn somewhere with psychic power, like--fffFuck!" Oscar had lost his footing and slipped backwards, landing on his behind with a loud thump. There were worse places he could have fallen, but that didn't heal his pride or his ass.

"Fuuuck that hurt."

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,659 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
freezer burn
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 23:40:29 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

"Unfortunately." he said with a sigh. He was starting to hate Galar. But it was starting to look like he might need to pay the Galarian Rocket branch a visit to do research on the birds they were seeking out now.. At the very least, he should communicate with their science department to see if he could mine any info without being forced to go over. [break][break]

"These birds- they just...came out of the VIOLET BOOK. No dream mist just the book, and a fuck ton of tera crystals." he explained with a shrug. He still couldn't believe it. The moment had shocked the entire hierarchy. "Yeah...at least we still get to work together!" he said with a grin, smoothing over Oscar's loss of position with a happy grin. [break][break]

He nodded along, maneuvering deftly on the ice, only stopping when Oscar's curse echoed through the cave. "Oscar?! You ok?" he asked moving towards him and crouching down. The ice didn't seem to bother him at all, managing to keep balance on metal cleats. He reached a hand to check the back of his head. "You can still see straight, right?" he asked, eyebrows furrowing together. At least, if he needed ice, they had plenty of it. [break][break]

"If you keep falling like that, it'll only take two more before we make it to the ice wall edge." he said, tone light as he teased his friend again before letting him scramble back to his feet. "Hopefully it's not a bad bruise."

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,801 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
freezer burn
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 14:37:22 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Poor Oscar was too embarrassed to look Mint in the eyes as he approached to help him. Like a prideful child he would just pout and look away, hoping that it would all resolve itself on its own. "I'm fine I just fell on my--"

Oscar tensed up as Mint touched the back of his head, asking him if he could still see straight. He had not hit his head at all, but the gentle pressure of Mint's hand was too comforting to reject. Oscar made the mistake of locking eyes with Mint, briefly getting lost in his emerald gaze. Oscar's agitation slowly melted away, replaced with the annoyance of being charmed by a pretty face.

He tried to play it off. "Yeah I'm fine. I see fine. I feel fine. I'm fine." Oscar carefully pushed himself to his feet, wobbling slightly as his boots struggled to readjust to the ice. "I've got bruised in worse places, I'll just sit on ice when I get home."

Oscar teetered forward before finally settling into a confident stride. The ice smoothed out the further in they went, almost as if it were turning into stone. Their surroundings began to crystalize, the cave surfaces being smothered by frost. It would be pretty if Oscar were not focused on looking for the bird. Oscar shuttered as the chill became more biting. "H-how much further sh-should we go i-i-in, do you think?"

Oscar was trying to not appear cold, but his body's trembling betrayed such a notion.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights