Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tumult || c
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 5:04:27 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","textbox"]At Eris' cries, Shiver provided. The Wishiwashi colony unfolded like the birth of Venus, revealing Eris' precious Luxray safe and sound inside. Unfortunately, now that the fishball parted, the poor thing was going to be rained on by the Kyogre's Drizzle. Oh well. Tradeoffs.[break][break]

Eris and Reiner had to deal with a little bit of rain. Isaac had to deal with far worse. The water beneath his feet began to bubble and froth, and the eye lurking below took on a far more hostile tone. Luckily, the attack's intensity proved to be its own undoing. The waters turned into a wavepool, and this time Isaac wasn't going to try and suppress them. If anything, he made the next wave intensify, letting it push him far away from the incoming danger.[break][break]

It was a good thing he bailed when he had the chance. Wiping out sucked. Getting obliterated by the massive column of water that shot out mere seconds later would have sucked even more. Isaac shuddered back to his feet, watching in awe as the Water Spout pierced clean through the clouds themselves.[break][break]

"Okay. That's it. You wanna play hardball?" Was Isaac a little peeved? Of course! Nearly being decimated had a way of doing that to people. Who knew? "Shiver, get ready. We might have to fight our way out of this one." The Wishiwashi colony nodded in affirmation, which coming from a vaguely fish shaped hive mind looked surprisingly unnerving.[break][break]

They swiveled in place, tails at the ready, prepared for a Scale Shot if the worst came to worst.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] --color:#c4c067; [/newclass]
[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,237 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tumult || c
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2023 22:10:54 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]To feel their bond is a rush like no other, to see him safe and sound is a wave of relief larger than any that Kyogre could ever produce. With Isaac more than capable of taking care of himself, she readies herself to assist -[break][break]

"Wait!"[break][break]

It pervades her senses. Something upon the tip of her tongue. Dark and foreboding as it tussles with her very own state. Her chest squeezes uncomfortably, her eyes shut tight as she begins to feel for it.[break][break]

The exhilaration, the seemingly unending rush. Nothing can chain it down-[break][break]

No, that isn't what she'd sensed. With a conduit present to amplify the emotions of everyone present, she feels herself being torn up by the smouldering rage, being lifted up by a high comparable to the vastness of the ocean...[break][break]

Where is it? What's wrong?[break][break]

Frantically tugging at the web of interconnecting hearts, she has to sink deeper, reach for just what that fleeting sensation was - The inability to control this surge, that which creeps in the back of the head even through all the mania.[break][break]

The seas continue to churn, not only with the unfathomably large movements of those fins but with the emergence of rocks with nooks carved out by corals. Glaring right at the one who dares to step on their turf once more after having been beaten down, Kyogre directs an Ancient Power towards Suicune.
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT[break][break]

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 2:58:15 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Eris-!"[break][break]

The second she asked for Isaac to wait, he was by her side. Not even the choppy waters could stop him from trying to reach her. His feet clumsily trod across the waves, even as Kyogre's presence prevented him from stomping them flat. He zipped up and down, as if by an elevator, but no burning in his calves could keep him away from his precious little sister.[break][break]

"Talk to me," he said, gently clasping her small, trembling hand within his own. A blue aurora lifted up from his body, cutting a gentle light through the darkness of the surrounding storm. "You already helped me out once today. So if there's something, anything you think's important, I know you can find it."[break][break]

"I trust you."[break][break]

Suciune wouldn't let that trust in Eris be misplaced. They closed their eyes. Their mane began to flare out. Their feelers began to curve with the wind. As the attack hurtled towards them, they didn't see it. They felt it riding along the breeze. When collision seemed inevitable, their eyes snapped open, overtaken by a bright violet glow.[break][break]

A cold snap froze the Drizzle that cascaded down from the skies. What was once a sheet of wind became a sheet of ice, the Ancientpower splintering against it. Shards of stone and frost hung in the air before Suicune, orbiting around a nexus of pure Extrasensory power. The attack pulsed like a beating heart, as if waiting to be unleashed.[break][break]

Then, instead of firing it, Suicune crumpled the projectile into dust. All the while, they refused to break eye contact with Kyogre. It was a clear statement; they would not let themselves be pushed around, but they refused to bring violence into the other legend's domain.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

[newclass=".isaac2"] margin: 0px auto; background-color: #111; min-height: 500px; width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom:20px; } .isaac2 .textbox a, .isaac2 .textbox i { color:var(--color); } .isaac2 .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--color); } .topimage { background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155427871351906335/image.png); height: 250px; width: 400px; background-size: cover; background-position:50% 20%; margin: 0px auto; } .isaac2 .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding-bottom: 20px; background:#1E1E1E; padding:30px 50px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom; } .isaac2 .oocbox { border-top: 3px solid #333; padding-top: 10px; width: 260px; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,237 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2023 16:30:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's there, and it's gone. Lost under a fresh tidal wave of adrenaline, fear, an unnatural calm. They're putting all their faith in her. She needs to hurry, she needs to find it, she needs to understand before they all get wiped -[break][break]

"I don't-"[break][break]

She's lost it, that sensation fades quick despite her attempts to reach for it. Her eye flicks to the crumbling rocks around them, her ears filled with the roar of waves and the screeches of the Wooper beside them. Her heart thrums, threatens to beat the air out of her lungs.[break][break]

What will become of her if she falls back in?[break][break]

The Wooper snarls, a Future Sight gifting them enough time to react against the Thunderbolt that crashes down from above. Darkened skies rumble, the heavy veil dripping down from the heavens and obscuring their view.[break][break]

What if she loses him to the waves?[break][break]

"We're not here to hurt you!" Her voice cracks, her cheeks burn as raindrops prickle against her skin. She wonders if Kyogre can even hear her through the growing storm. "I just want to help! If you're in pain-"[break][break]

But what can she do? What can she do for a being so much bigger and stronger than her? That probably wouldn't need whatever meagre help she could provide?[break][break]

That she's so afraid of?[break][break]

"Please!"[break][break]

Even so, with shaky hands and tears in her eyes, she has to try.[break][break]

"Give us a chance!"

[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 5:22:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Eris' hopes and fears. The love she had in her heart, both selflessly aimed at the ailing creature that sat before her and selfishly harbored for the family she was afraid it would hurt. The way even as she trembled and shook, she made herself be heard, her voice booming through the air and slicing through the water.[break][break]

Isaac refused to let her efforts be in vein.[break][break]

Even as the Drizzle grew louder and stormier, threatening to smother her voice, Isaac heard her pleas. He turned to Suicune, the legend's eyes continuing to glow an intense violet. He turned to Mesprit, diligently fighting even as she disguised herself from the universe's prying eyes. He turned to Shiver and Reiner, who had no business coming out this far and yet showed up anyway.[break][break]

They were all struggling together. And, if what Eris said was true, Kyogre struggled most of all.[break][break]

He looked down the water, the leviathan staring right at him. One eye, its sclera the usual black, was widened and strained. He could see the pain Eris was describing written all over its face. The other, its iris a bloodshot red and its sclera practically glowing, cast a maddened light through the waters. It darted around, as if scanning for its next prey, before finally falling upon Isaac.[break][break]

Pulses of water, Primal Energy enwrapped within curtains of bubbles, began to surround Kygore's head.[break][break]

Isaac had to do something, anything. Everyone was counting on him, and he was counting on everyone. There were moments where light rippled off of his body, cast in many colors. The soft, soothing blues of peace and tranquility. The joyful, vibrant yellows of togetherness and love. The steady, unyielding greens of heroism and honor. All of these surrounded his body when particularly worked up, just as Knuckles' emotions wore themselves on her sleeves.[break][break]

But, that wasn't right, was it? Lucario were the Aura Pokemon. Suicune, his patron, had been referred to by some as the Aurora Pokemon.[break][break]

He had only tapped into the briefest manifestation of his power, barely able to reach past himself. Now, he needed to dig deeper and transcend beyond these self-appointed limits. These emotions weren't just for him. They weren't just for Eris. They were for the region, the world, everyone in need of calm, compassion, and courage. He couldn't be afraid of what it meant to let them show anymore.[break][break]

The colors reflected in Suicune's crystal. They walked up to Isaac, setting their forehead against his shoulder. Their powers and desires coursing through one another, Isaac held his hand to the sky and pleaded with himself to let there be light.[break][break]

The clouds that called the drizzle down parted. In the gap between them, the northern lights painted the sky a dazzling array of colors.

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,237 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 17:20:49 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Do you see that?[break][break]

Is that what she looks like when she loses herself? To be ever so ready to tear into someone new, to strain so hard against her own self. Did she share that same maddened look when she felt 's pulse thrumming beneath her fingers? When she had turned her team against ?[break][break]

The sky begins to crack, if only to allow iridescent hopes a chance to reach the one who needs it the most. And for the briefest of moments, even she feels emboldened, quietly slipping off Suicune's back onto her Mantine's. Now more than ever, they need to focus and so she will have to take this next step with her own two feet.[break][break]

As she draws closer to the titan, so too does the Wooper and their trusty chauffeur. Standing here, ever so small, ever so bare before a giant that's been part of this world for longer than anyone could possibly remember. Mesprit's power isn't hers to wield. And yet, her will is their very own.[break][break]

No favour shown between what is supposedly good or evil, no heart that could bear to abandon a pokemon in need. They give all that they can. Bravery, to confront the true monsters of the mind. Strength, to not let this madness be their cage. Comfort, through the panic and the storm.[break][break]

"You are free."
[break]

Now and forevermore, a creature that cannot be contained.[break][break]

"We'll bring back that piece for you."[break][break]

Though her arms tremble as she reaches out, her words remain steadfast. In most cases, she'd have been uncertain of whether she could do it. But as she faces Kyogre in all of its emerging pain and rampant glory, she has never felt more determined to defy fate.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2023 18:48:04 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]The child that toddled up to the leviathan was so small, so fragile. Were it to simply blink too hard, she would be reduced to a cloud of red mist. It wouldn't take any effort. It would barely even take a thought. A single breath, and the seas would be painted red.[break][break]

The cravings screamed in the back of Kyogre's mind, demanding it embrace its primordial power and drown the pretenders to the throne of this pitiful world. Their voice, overpowering in a way that felt so wrong and yet so right, grew distant and muffled in the aurora's azure shine.[break][break]

It knew not the intentions of these humans. There was one it trusted, and yet she had become a faded memory. Who was this child to it? What purpose could one so small and frail have? Why should it entertain her efforts? Yet its heart stirred in the aurora's golden glow.[break][break]

Were the child to approach, it could destroy her. It would destroy her. With its heart moved, and its impulses dampened, a new feeling took their place. Concerned. It longed to warn the child away from it, all too aware of what it represented. The green ripples overhead, brimming with courage, spurred it onwards. Perhaps just once, for a single moment, it could try.[break][break]

Kyogre rose from the depths to meet Eris, its nares breaching the water's surface. It dared not move a muscle, bathed in the light from all sides as she drew closer and closer. However, just before her hand could set upon it, it recoiled.[break][break]

Beneath the waves, Isaac could see the same maddened glow of its sclera coursing through its body. It pulsed through the red veins of power that lined its body, even this briefest flash carrying a light as bright as his aurora. Isaac's eyes traced the glow as it trailed Kyogre's body; wingtip, jawline, dorsal fin, tail, and back around the other side.[break][break]

With each loop around the path, this strange, glowing spot left Kyogre writhing. Terror strong enough to swallow up its courage. Pain sharp enough to shatter its calm. Ecstacy, so intoxicating that any compassion was to be thrown aside without a care in the world to satiate it.[break][break]

Throwing caution to the wind, Isaac ran for Eris. He knew, the next the creature turned its attention to her, it would be with its slavering jaw wide and expectant. They could argue about it later. Right now, all he could do was snatch her away, knowing that for good and for ill she would never think to do so on her own.[break][break]

As he ran, the yawning abyss of Kyogre's mouth cast a shadow over them.
[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,237 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 0:05:28 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Even the scariest can have hearts of their own. Even the scariest are vulnerable at times. Truth be told, there is a tingling sensation that zips through her very fingertips when she realises just how close she is to touching Kyogre, her chest aflutter as her heart pounds in her ears.[break][break]

But at the very last moment, just as she swears she grazes their skin, the titan recoils. And so too will she, terror seizing her as she attempts to figure out what went wrong. Pain and rapture blends as the waves begin to shake off their slumber. Reiner bellows even as he stumbles upon his Wishiwashi platform, Mesprit shrieks as they try to pull her away.[break][break]

"No!"[break][break]

Strong arms wrap around her, picking her right up as shadows grow and yearn for warmth. And yet, terror does not tell her to flee like they do.[break][break]

"We can help them!"[break][break]

Terror binds them, acts as a bridge that she wishes nothing more than to cross to meet the one on the other side. Her hands still reach out, still hopes so fervently to close that gap.[break][break]

"Isaac!"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 5:22:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Did she even know how close she was to her own death?[break][break]

Isaac held Eris closer, his shoulders rising to block the feeling of Kyogre's hot, wet breath from reaching her. They were no longer cast in the shadow of its distended maw. Instead, the roof of its mouth hung over them, blocking any and all light from the aurora above. The waves churned beneath Isaac's feet, pulling him closer and closer, deeper and deeper.[break][break]

A burst of adrenaline and a Tailwind from his patron were all that stopped them from being snapped in half. Even then, the impact of its jaws snapping shut was enough to leave Isaac jumping. He hit the ground running, the winds trying their damndest to take him but being lost in Kyogre's storm. He was gonna have to do this the natural way.[break][break]

Luckily, he wasn't alone. Shiver approached, the swarm's body reforming into a platform. Their interlocked bodies were more stable than trying to contend with the waves. Isaac gratefully accepted their approach, passing Eris over to Reiner so that the two of them could run across the Wishiwashi's backs. New fry constantly accrued at the edge of the platform, like a railroad desperately forming new tracks on the move.[break][break]

Alone, it wouldn't be enough. However, Suicune's absence clued Isaac in as to why they were no longer being pursued so closely.[break][break]

"I know we can, Eris. For a minute, we really pulled it off. How's that for a couple of chuckleheads with no plan?" His smile, brimming with pride, slowly died down. "But just for a minute. Whatever's messing with Kyogre, it's strong. Stronger than you and me. If we stay out there like this, we're dead meat."[break][break]

"We need to prepare. Get stronger. Maybe even tell other people what we were able to do. And then, once we're well and truly ready? It's showtime."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,237 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 13:05:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]In the face of a threat far larger than they can hope to fell, Eris' team scatters as soon as she's pulled out of danger. Whether pulled into their pokeballs or diving deeper to avoid Kyogre's wrath, it's a mad rush for the shallows. With Eris firmly held onto, Reiner runs without the slightest bit of hesitation, water soaking him to the bones and his breath condensing as mist.[break][break]

If he knew that they could have helped...[break][break]

"Then why did we-"[break][break]

Chilly hands fall upon her shoulders, melancholy carried upon a defeated trill. Her knuckles grow white, her nails digging deep into her palms as she forces a breath. She had known, yet she hadn't wanted to give up.[break][break]

"What about the shard?"

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2023 14:59:50 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Never act like trying doesn't matter. The fact that you did makes you the best, bravest kid I've ever known."[break][break]

If success was some guarantee, then what was the point of caring in the first place? In that case, things either Were or Weren't. There would be no room to try. There would be no room to hope. There would be no room to strive and fight for better. It would just be some cold, dead, predestined world, ticking away how it was Supposed to.[break][break]

Everyone had done their damndest to see that change today. Far behind, Suicune ran circles around the thrashing leviathan. Their serene strides were desperate leaps and bounds, clearing waves that surged beneath their feet. Their eyes glowed a deep vuolet, and their mane thrashed less like an aurora and more like a stormcloud. It was all they could do to keep up.[break][break]

At one point, a thrash of Kyogre's tail sent Suicune flying. It tumbled through the air, Extrasensory forces pulling for something, anything that could assist them. Kyogre's own Drizzle proved to be the answer. Northern winds snap froze the falling rains, forming a curved path of ice that Suicune could catch themselves against. Their tumble turned to a slide, Suicune launching themselves off the airborne ramp and back towards Kyogre.[break][break]

Rather than attack, they ran across Kyogre's back. Free from their thrashing tail, gnashing jaws, and powerful fins, this was where Suicune was safest. It was a short yet rapid sprint, leaping off the Kyogre's skull before it could barrel roll Suicune off its back.[break][break]

Orgin Pulses rained down, exploding with such force that clumns of water erupted from their impact site, but Suicune was not daunted. They surged forward, running serpentine and juking frequently to throw off Kyogre's aim. Soon, the sound of the bombardment grew quiet and distant. Had Kyogre given up its hunt?[break][break]

The breathless legend rejoined Isaac and Eris, still too prideful to join them atop Shiver's back. As it arrived, Isaac mulled over Eris' question. "I'll tell the rest about the shard. But if Rocket's got such a grip on it, fixng this isn't gonna be easy."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,237 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2023 16:49:05 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The reappearance of Suicune and the notable lack of Origin Pulses being thrown in their direction is more than enough for one to deduce Kyogre's intent. Though very obviously casting his gaze towards the ocean, Reiner does seem to relax a little in their presence.[break][break]

"Thank you for helping us." Sincerity is what she wishes to show towards the regal legend. Instead, it's a muddied pool of words that are presented.[break][break]

Trying does indeed matter and according to Isaac, they've done so well in spite of the odds. But as she continues to think on the matter, as she continues to question how they could've done things better, she doesn't notice what Reiner does.[break][break]

Hot, bitter tears welling up and spilling over, mixing with the ocean spray condensed upon her skin as they streak down her cheeks.[break][break]

"I'll do better next time..."

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2023 1:58:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]Eris should be crying because a stupid boy in her class didn't realize she had a crush on him, or because she left the cookies in the oven too long and they burned, or because she didn't realize she had the wrong shades of paint until her murals were half finished. She shouldn't be crying over her inability, as a literal child, to fix a god's turmoil.[break][break]

Gently, he reached out to give her a pat on the head. As he did, he hooked a thumb down, softly wiping the tears away from her eyes. "Eris," he said, voice firm yet gentle. "You're the bravest kid I've ever known. Y'know that?"[break][break]

He looked out to the sea, Kyogre's shadow fading into the mists. "I couldn't have reached them on my own." It may have been the strongest manifestation of his aurora yet, but it was imperfect. All it could do was stir feelings. What its "targets" did with them was all up to them. "I tried my best. I really did. But I would've never even noticed they were in pain if it wasn't for you."[break][break]

How many of AQUA's best and brightest were gearing up to fight it down instead?[break][break]

"I know you'll do better next time. 'Cause no matter how many times I tell you this isn't your fight, nothing in the world's gonna stop you." There was a weariness to his voice, yet also so much pride. "You're getting stronger and smarter and braver every day. And no matter what, you always try your best. That's what's so amazing about you, sis."[break][break]

"But I don't want you to do this because you feel like you need to. I want it to be because you want to. And when you do, I want you to be proud of yourself, because nobody out there deserves it more."[break][break]

"Can you do that for me? Or at least try?"

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,237 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 15:45:44 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]It's hard to know when she's surrounded by other kids who are just as brave. When she's so far detached from what exactly is normal. Not even soothing words can stop her from feeling so overwhelmed, chilly hands rested upon his palms as she holds them there.[break][break]

Just for a moment. Just for this moment. If only they could stay like this till all these messy thoughts in her head subside. But she still tries, she attempts to give him a nod even if it's the world's most unconfident one.[break][break]

For his sake, and all his belief in her.

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,402 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
tumult || c
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2023 15:53:15 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","isaac2"]

[attr="class","textbox"]"Good." As her hands gripped his for dear life, he rolled them slightly to softly clasp hers in turn. His smile was as warm as the seaspray behind them was cold. In a world of shifting sands and changing tides, he was a firm and constant presence in her corner.[break][break]

"I'm so proud of you, Eris."

[attr="class","oocbox"]
TAG [break]
NOTES — notes go here

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing